Start by marking “Ort der Stille (Star Trek: New Frontier, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ort der Stille (Star Trek: New Frontier, #5)

Ort der Stille

(Star Trek: New Frontier #7)

Seit dem Zusammenbruch des Thallonianischen Imperiums ist Si Cwan auf der Suche nach seiner kleinen Schwester, der einzigen Überlebenden der königlichen Familie. Seine Suche war beschwerlich und voller Enttäuschungen, doch nun könnte sie bald ein Ende haben …

Auf dem Planeten Montos wird eine mysteriöse junge Frau mit einer geheimnisvollen Vergangenheit sowohl von den fanat
Published November 21st 2012 by Cross Cult (first published November 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ort der Stille, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ort der Stille

Start your review of Ort der Stille (Star Trek: New Frontier, #5)
Alejandro
The family got bigger!

FINDING KALLINDA

The journeys of the USS Excalibur through the tumultuous Space Sector 221-G (formerly the Thallonian Empire) keep bringing more and more, thought-lost family, to the boldly crew of the USS Excalibur...

...Robin Lefler got reunited with her mother, along with all the mystery surrounding her return and her played role a century before in the Star Trek universe...

...but to other crewmembers like the recently-appointed Ambassador Si Cwan, he is still look
David H.
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This felt like an odd Star Trek: New Frontier book to me, since we barely get to see the USS Excalibur, and aside from a great joke with Robin Lefler in the beginning, we're on completely separate worlds and 90% of the action deals with the new characters of Xyon and Riella, the new villains Dogs of War, and the return of the Redeemers from Martyr with some slight presence of Si Cwan, Kebron, and Soleta.

It's still fun, but we don't get a major connection until literally the last page, which ends
Craig
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
Took me three months to read this sucker. I didn't put it down because I hated it but it definitely wasn't making me rush back. Peter David spends most of his time introducing a new character and letting us get to know him, which makes you wonder who he is? Where did he come from? But I kept struggling with Why should I care? It has its usual humorous bits that David brings to every story he writes but I was kind of missing the Excalibur crew even with most of the good ones in Kebron, Soleta and ...more
Derek Moreland
A book where the crew of the EXCALIBUR barely shows up, and the story that sidelined them is dull, dull, dull. Both "reveals" are poorly handled and barely above soap-opera level histrionics. Just a bore.
Lukáš
Had its ups, some funny moments, but maybe after reading 6 books in this series I feel like it is somewhat bland and could have been much more than it is. It was an ok read nevertheless, continuing the story of cpt. Calhoun, thus 3 stars.
Ty G. Nelson
It was okay. I'm annoyed that the main characters were barely in it. But there's a nice twist at the end which now makes this feel like the first part of a longer story. Not my favorite off the series so far, but we'll see off things pay off in the next book.
David
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved this one. Feature 2 new characters in a swashbuckling adventure. I think it's the most fun I've had reading all year.
C.T. Phipps
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For those of you unfamiliar with the series: Star Trek: New Frontier is a series which takes place contemporaneously with Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It is a series which manages to avoid the almost painfully continuity-obsessed Star Trek Expanded Universe which could really use a book similar to Star Wars: The Essential Chronology by Kevin J. Anderson.

Instead, the premise of the series is a fairly simple one: there's a starship (U.S.S Excalibur), an area of
David Palazzolo
The Quiet Place is book 7 of Star Trek: New Frontier and chapter 10 of the overall series. After all the delays the Captain's Table and Double Helix story arc provided, I was ready to jump back into the main storyline of New Frontier with The Quiet Place, only to get what feels like merely the set up to a new story. That's not to dismiss the book entirely--we did get the introduction of two major new characters and a new group of adversaries who promise to shake things up on the USS Excalibur fo ...more
Chris McCown
Feb 19, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
I have mixed feelings about this book. One the one hand, it is a fairly entertaining story in the great environment that Peter David has created. It has the familiar bad guys of the Redeemers and the new bad guys of the Dogs of War. On the other hand, Calhoun is in the book for, and I'm not exaggerating, 4 pages. Excalibur is in it for only a few more.

First, what I liked: The bad guys in this book are really cool. The Dogs of War are a neat concept. I always enjoy authors taking advantage of lac
Sean Randall
Apr 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The Dogs were making so much noise that a blind elephant could have avoided detection simply by listening for where they were and going where they weren't."

This instalment introduces us to the dogs of war - a rather dangerous species that now seem to be well on the path of redeemed enlightenment. This probably means they're going to cause all sorts of havoc in the future, so that's interesting.

"Krul's grudging admiration for the pink-skinned, humanoid creature upon him rose exponentially. That
Joy
Mar 19, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This book doesn't take place on the Excalibur much at all.

We meet Riella who is a girl who has very strange and disturbing dreams.

We meet Xyon as he escapes from being nearly executed when the Dogs of War attack the planet. He finds out that they are looking for a girl and a place called "The Quiet Place."

Si Cwan, Kebron and Soleta have gone off on a diplomatic mission when then end up getting tangled with the Dogs of War and the Redeeemers on their way to find Si Cwan's long lost sister Kallin
Josh
Apr 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Eh, this one was so-so. I mostly didn't care for it as the cast of characters I'm used to for this series was almost entirely missing, with the action instead focusing on new people. A decent reveal at the very end, but mostly, due to it being all new people, I had a hard time really caring about what happened to any of them.
Travis
Jan 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Sub-plots are starting to pile up, but the introduction of the 'Dogs of War' and more with the vile, but interesting 'Redeemers', keeps the story moving and exciting.
Like this cast, but PAD's habit of wanting to be funny when a story doesn't need it and too many soap opera elements drove me away from this series a couple books later.

Shannon Appelcline
A bit disappointing to have so much of this book away from the ship and our main characters, but there's some nice plot, and the characters introduced are clearly setup for the future.
Timothy
Feb 11, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, sci-fi
1 1/2 stars.
Peter Wilson
very good new frontier book, enjoyed it and i am continuing reading this series, as there nice for tablet reading.
Benjamin Plume
Great until the end, which was left a little too mysterious for my tastes. I didn't get much sense of what the Quiet Place actually was. Love David's characters, though.
Matt
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi, star-trek
Another entry in the New Frontier series. These are nothing special, but good for a read in between meatier subject matter.
Jose
Mar 22, 2012
William J. McClusky II
Mar 28, 2012

• I, Q
  • Reunion (Star Trek Next Generation )
  • They're Made Out of Meat
  • The Valiant (Star Trek The Next Generation)
  • Gauntlet
  • The Silver Crown (Guardians of the Flame, #3)
  • The Sword and the Chain (Guardians of the Flame, #2)
  • The Warrior Lives (Guardians of the Flame #5)
  • The Road to Ehvenor (Guardians of the Flame, #6)
  • The Sleeping Dragon (Guardians of the Flame, #1)
  • The Heir Apparent (Guardians of the Flame, #4)
  • Are You Living In a Computer Simulation?
  • The Fable of the Dragon-Tyrant
  • The Rocking Horse Winner (Travelman Classics)
  • Three Questions
  • The Monkey's Paw
  • Azyl Academy (Elemental Gatherers, #1)
  • Ready to Run: Unlocking Your Potential to Run Naturally
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to hum

Star Trek: New Frontier (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • House of Cards (Star Trek: New Frontier, #1)
  • Into the Void (Star Trek: New Frontier, #2)
  • The Two-Front War (Star Trek: New Frontier, #3)
  • End Game (Star Trek: New Frontier, #4)
  • Martyr (Star Trek: New Frontier, #5)
  • Fire on High (Star Trek: New Frontier, #6)
  • Dark Allies (Star Trek: New Frontier, #8)
  • Double or Nothing (Star Trek: Double Helix, #5)
  • Requiem (Star Trek: New Frontier, #9)
  • Renaissance (Star Trek: New Frontier, #10)