Start by marking “Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales, #2)” as Want to Read:
Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales, #2)

Give Me Your Answer True

(The Fish Tales #2)

"What I feel has no name..."

Suanne Laqueur's award-winning debut novel The Man I Love thrilled readers with its memorable characters and depth of emotion. Erik Fiskare's journey of love, recovery and forgiveness captivated hearts but also left questions unanswered. Now Daisy Bianco has a chance to tell her story.

It's been three years since a single lapse of judgment cost
Published June 20th 2015 by Cathedral Rock Press

To ask other readers questions about Give Me Your Answer True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Me Your Answer True

Start your review of Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales, #2)
Candace
I started reading, or rather, listening to, 'Give Me Your Answer True' immediately after finishing 'The Man I Love'. I fell in love with Erik, Daisy and the full cast of supporting characters in the first book, but I want more. I need to hear each of their unique perspectives. I cannot get enough of this story!

'Give Me Your Answer True' provides Daisy's account of events. Erik's perspective was provided in the first book and my heart broke alongside his. However, I needed to hear Daisy's point
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
*****4.75*****

Here we are folks….
I have just finished Give Me Your Answer True by Suanne Laqueur and I FLOVED it!!!
This is the second book of the series and I highly suggest you read book one The Man I Love before this one.

Book 1 is from Erik's POV and book 2 is from Daisy's POV. This only the second series I've read that has 2 books for the same complete story told in different POV's. I really liked the style and I think it was needed to tell this story as deeply as it needed to be told.

Since I
Suanne Laqueur
Mar 21, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
**EXCERPT**

“Can I see your ring?” she asked. David pulled the puzzling band off his index finger and handed it over.

“Funny,” he said as he watched her play with it. “That day…”

She smiled. “The day. Capital D.”

“If I could go back and do it over, Marge. I swear I would.”

“I know,” she said. “Me too.”

They went quiet a few minutes, their heads moving in unconscious rhythm to the reggae playing over the speakers.

“I don’t remember much from the fight,” David said. “Two things really. Three. One,
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You can read my "The Man I Love" 1st book review with this link...

------------------

“I have so much to tell you,” he whispered against her face. “And not enough time.”
“We have nothing but time now,” she said. “Come lie down with me. Tell me everything. We’ll talk forever.”

- Perfection -
My God. I feel like I'm on the emotional rollercoaster since I start to read this series. This books were on my Kindle very long time and they were been waiting to be
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

This isn't really a review. This is more a love note directed at the author Suanne Laqueur.

Your writing is flawless. Addictive. Clever. Poetic.

The characters you've created are the most beautifully flawed yet perfect characters.

I love their story. I love their growth. I love where you took Daisy's story. And I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I wasn't sure I would understand her anymore. Or even like her again. But all I know is the emotions I felt reading this and the tears I shed throughout
EmBibliophile
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

Part of you still feels him. Because you never detached. You never fell out of love.

I normally skip the retelling books, but I felt like I needed to get inside Daisy’s head. Needed an answer to my whys. I needed to listen to her part of the story. To understand her.

Honestly, I couldn’t blame Erik for his decision. For me cheating is cheating. Nothing to justify. Whether someone chose to forgive a cheater or not, it’s up to them. It doesn’t make him a bad person if he’s unable to
~IreneOust~
This book is a MUST READ addition to the series. Do NOT skip this. It provides a panoramic view of the story/series and, IMO, is NOT to be missed. It's not a retelling of book 1 from a different POV. You are privy to moments you never get to see in the first instalment and it adds even more depth/layers to what is already an incredible story of love, heartbreak, friendship, survival, second chances, life, family & everything in between.

From her unique covers to her exquisite way with words,
Dee Montoya
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with this story!

This book both breaks and makes my heart!!! Transcendental and beautiful! Like the perfect song that makes you cry and laugh at the same time.
Wil Loves Books!
“I’m sorry, I will always be sorry. I love you, I will always love you. And…” Daisy drew in her breath. “And I’m forgiving myself.”

Man, this was good. Really, really good. Couldn’t stop reading, didn’t want to stop reading. And I still want more, so much more. These characters, I just love them. I feel so strongly about them. I have so many thoughts, so many feelings, so bear with my ramblings. The ending of this book is everything btw. The ending delivered like a champ!

So Daisy, Daisy,
Robin Hill
5.5 stars.

Well, that was a long night.

I’ve been reading a lot lately about tropes and how what is book crack for one person is pure poison for the next. The term “second chance romance” comes up a lot, and I’ve never really gotten that one until this series. The argument is that the wasted time spent between the characters that you *know* will eventually come back together is just too hard to bear.

Uh, yeah.

It was hard in The Man I Love. Really hard, but I loved every second of it. I couldn’t
Emma Scott
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Normally I would never let so much time go by between reading a book and writing the review, but as the days slipped by, I was reassured by the fact that this book wasn't going to be leaving me any time soon, and confounded by what to say without spoilering the hell out of anyone.

This is re-telling, in part, of The Man I Love through Daisy's POV, but it is by no means a typical sequel. It opens with the dynamic conflict that tore Daisy and Erik apart; her sleeping with David. That's not a
Malene
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest and say that I didn't know what to expect from this book, which was from Daisy's perspective, but it's safely to say that Suanne Laqueur did a number on me. I actually think I love this book more than The Man I Love but it's pretty damn close. Once again I feel Laqueur pulled my heart out at times. It was such a powerful and profound reading experience. I'm at a loss for words thinking about what I just read. One would think it's just the same book as The Man I Love. Let me ...more
Jan
**** 4.5 Stars****

God help you.
Here are my thoughts, pics, ramblings, GIFs and nonsense.
Straight for the kill.

In The Man I Love #1 Erik had had years of a miserable life, ok, by choice, but still... he was hurt, so hurt. I was hurt.

It was a soulless life, empty and sad until he found ........ his second best?

Oh, damn! I hate second bests! Don't we all hate second bests? Ugh. I think I just found a romantic bone in my body. Because I want a Happy Ever After between soulmates, not second bests!

FMABookReviews
Storytelling at its finest.

I finished this at 11:19 at night with my heart racing its way up to my throat. I am sitting here with discontent because the book ended, yet content because the story was beautiful and cathartic and brilliant.

I didn't read the blurb before I started, so I assumed this would be a continuation of the first book. Honestly, I freaked out a little in the beginning. WHAT? WHY? WHAT HAPPENED? But then as I settled in, I realized we were getting a new story. One told in the
 Naqelle
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo book pic_zpsgbifergf.jpg
“It feels like your darkest time. But I think it’s going to be your finest hour.”

Once again Suanne Laqueur has blown me away with another great story told from daisy's Perspective. I absolutely Loved this book I learned so much more about daisy and what she was going through. I must say I was a bit more emotional reading this book then book one I really felt daisy's pain I was truly sorry for her.

"What I feel has no name"
Every time I read a Suanne Laqueur book I feel a deeper connection to
Sunny ✨wordslikefury✨
I don’t normally like retellings of a book from a different character’s POV, but this was much needed.
Bianca
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“What I feel has no name.”

I finished this book in tears. Not because it was sad. SO much comes to light with this book. The devastation in book one changed everything. But in this book, although a parallel narrative, heroes you never expected rise from the ashes. The human spirit is challenged and wins. Love is lost, forgiven, and found. Similar to the first book, this story is nothing short of life changing.

“When someone shares the happy stories of their life, its always beautiful. But when
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five Extra Cranky Stars

Give Me Your Answer True ("True") is Suanne Laqueur's follow-up to the wonderful The Man I Love "TMIL"). If TMIL is Erik's story, this is Daisy's. True is not so much a re-telling as it is a parallel narrative, filling in further pieces of the puzzle on an epic story.

The work spans ten years before and after a soul shattering event. True moves back and forth unpacking Daisy's story, how an act of violence effected her, sending her into a downward spiral, and ultimately,
KAS
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Daisy, of course you are a wrecked, hot mess! You are trapped in the deep, dark, fishy, fishy brook. The hook sliced your heart wide open and your are bleeding out, a slow and painful death.

If you read my review on the first book, "The Man I Love", you know that I adored and crushed on the love story between Erik and Daisy, which was told from Erik's POV. So I immediately had to delve into Daisy's state of mind and achingly walk along with her down the devastating, debilitating road back to
S.M. West
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
There are no words to do this series or this book justice.

At first, I thought this would be a retelling of the story in the heroine's POV ... it isn't. It is SO MUCH more and I never anticipated it.

Suanne Laqueur is a magical storyteller. Her words unravel you, slowly, so subtly, that by the time you realize it, it's too late. And at the same time, those very words put you back together, infusing your heart, bones and soul with the strength and beauty of the characters and their tale.

I can't
*The Angry Reader*
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
There's no way to do this right. So I'll go in telling you that as a reviewer I've failed you. I will try though.
I'll start by saying this is my first "6 star review" meaning I find this to be truly above and beyond even my favorites. The irony is I didn't want to read this shit. In TMIL I fell deeply in love with Erik. And I'm protective. I hold a grudge. I respected his love for her, but I never forgave her. Never thought she deserved his love again.
I went into GMYAT with this attitude. I
Books Laid Bare
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book about 4 days ago, I gave myself a quiet day to indulge in what I knew was going to be a book that would hit me hard, I loved the first book The Man I Love but I have to say that in this the second book – the author has managed a very rare feet – a book that is every bit if not slightly better than the first.
This book was downright awesome and I am shaking my head as I write that because one of my favourite characters has just popped into my head, making me smile.
Don’t be
Billie Lawson
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of this author after only 2 books! Her writing...and the way she tells a story brings the characters to life. It is full of so much emotion...I literally feel everything that the characters are feeling. I will read anything she writes from here on out. I am going straight into the third book and although I am excited about it...I am also sad that my journey with this series is coming to an end. I am recommending this series to anyone who will listen. 5 huge stars!!
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Loved FULL REVIEW THOUGHTS TO COME

Sublime writing. A perfect alternative perspective showing me Daisy so beautifully

Having the most awesome BR with Irene xox
#Epicstory
Lise *friends don't flag*
Loved this one a little bit more than the first. Such great characters and the story is amazing.
Amber
5 stars!

When you are reading a truly good book, you feel you are a part of the story, a part of the character's lives. So when a character betrays another character that you've grown to love, you feel betrayed as well. And sometimes it seems so black and white and you can't forgive that betrayal. That's how it was for Erik. He couldn't forgive Daisy's betrayal, he only saw it as black and white, so he left her and didn't allow her to explain or apologize. I completely understood Erik's reaction
Mary Frame
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
So, I was on Facebook one day, goofing around with various indie writers and I came across some witty comments from one Suanne Laqueur. I thought to myself, she's funny...and proceeded to stalk her across the interwebs. When I came across her novel, The Man I Love, I thought--this sounds good, so I downloaded it.

Spoiler alert: I loved it

After I fell in love with the story, I stalked Suanne Laqueur and hounded her with all my crazy until she caved and sent me an advance copy of the companion
♥Sharon♥
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

These Two!!

Bianca
5 stars of Awesomeness

Suanne Laquer’s first book “The Man I Love” was such a tremendous novel, I was thrilled to hear she was working on another one. My excitement and impatience made me ask the author if she’d give me an ARC, and incredibly enough, she sent me one! So here's the disclaimer: I received this ARC for an honest review.

I am not a writer, so I’m afraid my attempt at writing a review won’t be able to convey how truly wonderful this novel is.

I know it doesn’t sound very elegant, but I
Divi
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Suanne Laqueur’s much-anticipated follow up to The Man I Love may not be what readers were expecting in a sequel, because it’s not a sequel. It’s a parallel narrative going through the same span of years, but now from Daisy Bianco’s point of view. And it doesn’t disappoint.

The first half of the book goes between scenes of Daisy talking to her therapist after a serious breakdown, and flashbacks to the Lancaster years. Going back
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Here's to Falling
  • Someday, Someday
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts, #1)
  • The Butterfly Project
  • Moti on the Water
  • Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts, #2)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • The Silver Cage (The Silver Cage, #1)
  • First and Forever (Heartache Duet, #2)
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
  • Where the Blame Lies
  • All In (Full Tilt, #2)
  • In Harmony
  • A Really Bad Idea
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Method
  • Dane's Storm
A former professional dancer and teacher, Suanne Laqueur went from choreographing music to choreographing words. Her work has been described as "Therapy Fiction," "Emotionally Intelligent Romance" and "Contemporary Train Wreck."

Laqueur's novel An Exaltation of Larks was the Grand Prize winner in the 2017 Writer's Digest Awards. Her debut novel The Man I Love won a gold medal in the 2015 Readers'

The Fish Tales (4 books)
  • The Man I Love (The Fish Tales, #1)
  • Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3)
  • The Ones That Got Away (The Fish Tales, #4)
“..she reached invisible hands to try him on. And found the warm jacket of his simplest self fit her perfectly. She pulled it close around her shoulders, drew her hair out from beneath its collar. "I like you," she whispered, lost in his eyes. You fit me, she thought.” 6 likes
“you can let your sorrow accompany you on the road of life without letting it be the road itself.” 5 likes