Start by marking “Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales, #2)” as Want to Read:
Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales, #2)

Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales #2)

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  709 Ratings  ·  176 Reviews
"What I feel has no name..."

Suanne Laqueur's award-winning debut novel The Man I Love thrilled readers with its memorable characters and depth of emotion. Erik Fiskare's journey of love, recovery and forgiveness captivated hearts but also left questions unanswered. Now Daisy Bianco has a chance to tell her story.

It's been three years since a single lapse of judgment cost
Published June 20th 2015 by Cathedral Rock Press

To ask other readers questions about Give Me Your Answer True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Me Your Answer True

Candace
I started reading, or rather, listening to, 'Give Me Your Answer True' immediately after finishing 'The Man I Love'. I fell in love with Erik, Daisy and the full cast of supporting characters in the first book, but I want more. I need to hear each of their unique perspectives. I cannot get enough of this story!

'Give Me Your Answer True' provides Daisy's account of events. Erik's perspective was provided in the first book and my heart broke alongside his. However, I needed to hear Daisy's point o
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
*****4.75*****

Here we are folks….
I have just finished Give Me Your Answer True by Suanne Laqueur and I FLOVED it!!!
This is the second book of the series and I highly suggest you read book one The Man I Love before this one.

Book 1 is from Erik's POV and book 2 is from Daisy's POV. This only the second series I've read that has 2 books for the same complete story told in different POV's. I really liked the style and I think it was needed to tell this story as deeply as it needed to be told.

Since I
Suanne Laqueur
Mar 21, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
**EXCERPT**

“You set so little value on your own strength,” Rita said.

“Because I feel like I’m weak," Daisy said. "Weak and stupid.”

Rita's eyebrows raised above her eyeglasses. “You toughed it out after the shooting." she said. "Worked your ass off to make a comeback only a year later. You toughed it out through drug withdrawal. You’re still toughing out a cruel emotional desertion by your lover. Where most people would bottom out, you quickly regrouped after you lost your job, came to one of the
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

This isn't really a review. This is more a love note directed at the author Suanne Laqueur.

Your writing is flawless. Addictive. Clever. Poetic.

The characters you've created are the most beautifully flawed yet perfect characters.

I love their story. I love their growth. I love where you took Daisy's story. And I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I wasn't sure I would understand her anymore. Or even like her again. But all I know is the emotions I felt reading this and the tears I shed throughout and a
~IreneOust~
This book is a MUST READ addition to the series. Do NOT skip this. It provides a panoramic view of the story/series and, IMO, is NOT to be missed. It's not a retelling of book 1 from a different POV. You are privy to moments you never get to see in the first instalment and it adds even more depth/layers to what is already an incredible story of love, heartbreak, friendship, survival, second chances, life, family & everything in between.

From her unique covers to her exquisite way with words,
Dee Montoya
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with this story!

This book both breaks and makes my heart!!! Transcendental and beautiful! Like the perfect song that makes you cry and laugh at the same time.
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
I have to be honest and say that I didn't know what to expect from this book, which was from Daisy's perspective, but it's safely to say that Suanne Laqueur did a number on me. I actually think I love this book more than The Man I Love but it's pretty damn close. Once again I feel Laqueur pulled my heart out at times. It was such a powerful and profound reading experience. I'm at a loss for words thinking about what I just read. One would think it's just the same book as The Man I Love. Let me s ...more
FMABookReviews
Storytelling at its finest.

I finished this at 11:19 at night with my heart racing its way up to my throat. I am sitting here with discontent because the book ended, yet content because the story was beautiful and cathartic and brilliant.

I didn't read the blurb before I started, so I assumed this would be a continuation of the first book. Honestly, I freaked out a little in the beginning. WHAT? WHY? WHAT HAPPENED? But then as I settled in, I realized we were getting a new story. One told in the 3
Emma Scott
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Normally I would never let so much time go by between reading a book and writing the review, but as the days slipped by, I was reassured by the fact that this book wasn't going to be leaving me any time soon, and confounded by what to say without spoilering the hell out of anyone.

This is re-telling, in part, of The Man I Love through Daisy's POV, but it is by no means a typical sequel. It opens with the dynamic conflict that tore Daisy and Erik apart; her sleeping with David. That's not a spoil
Bianca
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“What I feel has no name.”

I finished this book in tears. Not because it was sad. SO much comes to light with this book. The devastation in book one changed everything. But in this book, although a parallel narrative, heroes you never expected rise from the ashes. The human spirit is challenged and wins. Love is lost, forgiven, and found. Similar to the first book, this story is nothing short of life changing.

“When someone shares the happy stories of their life, its always beautiful. But when so
 Naqelle
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
 photo book pic_zpsgbifergf.jpg
“It feels like your darkest time. But I think it’s going to be your finest hour.”

Once again Suanne Laqueur has blown me away with another great story told from daisy's Perspective. I absolutely Loved this book I learned so much more about daisy and what she was going through. I must say I was a bit more emotional reading this book then book one I really felt daisy's pain I was truly sorry for her.

"What I feel has no name"
Every time I read a Suanne Laqueur book I feel a deeper connection to th
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five Extra Cranky Stars

Give Me Your Answer True ("True") is Suanne Laqueur's follow-up to the wonderful The Man I Love "TMIL"). If TMIL is Erik's story, this is Daisy's. True is not so much a re-telling as it is a parallel narrative, filling in further pieces of the puzzle on an epic story.

The work spans ten years before and after a soul shattering event. True moves back and forth unpacking Daisy's story, how an act of violence effected her, sending her into a downward spiral, and ultimately, c
Robin Hill
5.5 stars.

Well, that was a long night.

I’ve been reading a lot lately about tropes and how what is book crack for one person is pure poison for the next. The term “second chance romance” comes up a lot, and I’ve never really gotten that one until this series. The argument is that the wasted time spent between the characters that you *know* will eventually come back together is just too hard to bear.

Uh, yeah.

It was hard in The Man I Love. Really hard, but I loved every second of it. I couldn’t s
Books Laid Bare
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book about 4 days ago, I gave myself a quiet day to indulge in what I knew was going to be a book that would hit me hard, I loved the first book The Man I Love but I have to say that in this the second book – the author has managed a very rare feet – a book that is every bit if not slightly better than the first.
This book was downright awesome and I am shaking my head as I write that because one of my favourite characters has just popped into my head, making me smile.
Don’t be fo
Billie Lawson
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of this author after only 2 books! Her writing...and the way she tells a story brings the characters to life. It is full of so much emotion...I literally feel everything that the characters are feeling. I will read anything she writes from here on out. I am going straight into the third book and although I am excited about it...I am also sad that my journey with this series is coming to an end. I am recommending this series to anyone who will listen. 5 huge stars!!
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Loved FULL REVIEW THOUGHTS TO COME

Sublime writing. A perfect alternative perspective showing me Daisy so beautifully

Having the most awesome BR with Irene xox
#Epicstory
Lise *friends don't flag*
Loved this one a little bit more than the first. Such great characters and the story is amazing.
Mary Frame
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
So, I was on Facebook one day, goofing around with various indie writers and I came across some witty comments from one Suanne Laqueur. I thought to myself, she's funny...and proceeded to stalk her across the interwebs. When I came across her novel, The Man I Love, I thought--this sounds good, so I downloaded it.

Spoiler alert: I loved it

After I fell in love with the story, I stalked Suanne Laqueur and hounded her with all my crazy until she caved and sent me an advance copy of the companion nov
KAS
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Daisy, of course you are a wrecked, hot mess! You are trapped in the deep, dark, fishy, fishy brook. The hook sliced your heart wide open and your are bleeding out, a slow and painful death.

If you read my review on the first book, "The Man I Love", you know that I adored and crushed on the love story between Erik and Daisy, which was told from Erik's POV. So I immediately had to delve into Daisy's state of mind and achingly walk along with her down the devastating, debilitating road back to b
Bianca
5 stars of Awesomeness

Suanne Laquer’s first book “The Man I Love” was such a tremendous novel, I was thrilled to hear she was working on another one. My excitement and impatience made me ask the author if she’d give me an ARC, and incredibly enough, she sent me one! So here's the disclaimer: I received this ARC for an honest review.

I am not a writer, so I’m afraid my attempt at writing a review won’t be able to convey how truly wonderful this novel is.

I know it doesn’t sound very elegant, but I
Ellen at Book Bellas
"I love you, I will always love you,” Daisy said. “And I am… And I am moving on.”

Dear Ms. Laqueur:

Thank you very much but I have a massive book hangover after reading Daisy's story. Extraordinary!!! Daisy's story is everything I hoped it would be! It was simply magical.

While I am always up for a re-telling, that is NOT what this book was and I applaud your beautiful storytelling. I was entranced by your technique of having Daisy speaking with her therapist several years ahead of the last book
Cori
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another 5 stars for this author and her amazing story telling abilities. This book exceeded all my expectations for an alternate POV novel, but boy was it soooo needed for these two and their journey!! I CAN NOT WAIT for the next book as it picks up where the first two left off. Love stories like these...and the way the author has a way with words...and emotions they provoke from me...well...they are exactly why I read.
Divi
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Suanne Laqueur’s much-anticipated follow up to The Man I Love may not be what readers were expecting in a sequel, because it’s not a sequel. It’s a parallel narrative going through the same span of years, but now from Daisy Bianco’s point of view. And it doesn’t disappoint.

The first half of the book goes between scenes of Daisy talking to her therapist after a serious breakdown, and flashbacks to the Lancaster years. Going back a
Melissa Pollack
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing!!! I loved everything about it!!! I am not a writer, so it's difficult for me to write a review that can express to you all the reasons you should read this book. The real writer is Suanne Laqueur!!!! She is so descriptive in her details, the images present so vividly in my mind. It is a long beautiful journey of life, love, and discovery. You will literally laugh and cry. It's also very sexy which is quite enjoyable as well. I hope you read and enjoy this parallel story to ...more
Lisa Aiello
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angsty-romance
That was simply beautiful, exquisite, heartwrenching and heartwarming all at once. So many emotions. I don't even have words. I just feel raw right now. I am open nerve endings. That someone's words can evoke such feelings and paint such a beautiful picture. It's just magic!! Oh what voodoo that you do with 26 letters arranged over and over again to go straight to my heart!!

I almost forgot to give it eleventy billion stars!!!
Winter Sophia Rose
Captivating, Heartwarming, Tragic, Real & Unforgettable! A Beautiful Read! I Loved It!
Lisa Welch
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
To put it mildly, I was THRILLED when Laqueur asked me to read an ARC of her newest book Give Me Your Answer True, a follow-up to The Man I Love. Below are my thoughts on this newest release by one of my new favorite authors:

On the Plus Side:

** Laqueur is one of the most amazing writers I have ever had the pleasure of reading, and I am not exaggerating. It took me a little while longer to read GMYAT than some other novels because I had to keep stopping to copy quotes in my quote notebook - quote
Romance Readers Retreat
Wow! That was a tough book to read in so many ways, but I mean that in a really good way, so please don't let that deter you.

This, the second book of the trilogy, is basically The Man I Love retold in Daisy's point of view and this alone had me doubting whether it could possibly be as good as the first. I often find these types of books add very little to the original. However, where this book succeeded, was probably because of the fact that there is such a long period of Daisy's life we knew ve
Felicia Eddy
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy from the author for an honest review.

What an amazing book! I have to say I finished this book almost a week ago and can’t stop thinking about it and wanted to take my time in writing this review.

GMYAT is the follow up story to Suanne Laqueur’s first novel The Man I Love (a story in which I equally love). This book follows Daisy a ballerina who has been through the scariest ordeal possible and how she rebuilds her life to get to the other side, which includes finding her s
Melinda
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Undeniably Laqueur is an amazingly talented writer. Her ability to ferret emotions, depict extreme mental images along with her expert writing creates a spellbinding narrative accompanied by gripping characters.

GMYT focuses on Daisy Bianco along with Opie, Lucky and Will. We discover Daisy's anguish over the traumatic incident and her broken relationship with Erik. A retelling but yet very different as we revisit events thru Daisy's eyes and heart. The struggles are affecting, the scars heartbr
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • Fearless (Dartmoor, #1)
  • Rainfall
  • Fall (Roam, #2)
  • The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Diving in (Resort to Love #2)
  • Jahleel (Loving All Wrong, #1)
  • Fear of Heights (Heightsbound, #2)
  • From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5)
  • Endless Possibility (Rush #1.5)
  • The Certainty of Deception (The Truth in Lies Saga, #2)
  • My Someday... (Just One of the Guys # 3--Final)
  • Gravity
  • Fade (In The Company of Shadows, #4)
  • Worth the Fight (Accidentally on Purpose, #3)
  • Bigger Than the Sky (Serenity Point, #1)
  • The Second Son (Kings of Cardenas #2)
  • Indiscretion: Volume Four (Indiscretion, #4)
A former professional dancer and teacher, Suanne Laqueur has gone from choreographing music to choreographing words. Her goal is to create a new kind of emotionally-intelligent romance that appeals to the passions of all readers, crossing gender, age and genre.

Laqueur's debut novel The Man I Love won a gold medal in the 2015 Readers' Favorite Book Awards and was named Best Debut in the Feathered Q
More about Suanne Laqueur...

The Fish Tales (4 books)
  • The Man I Love (The Fish Tales, #1)
  • Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3)
  • The Ones That Got Away (The Fish Tales, #4)

“Invisible fingers had reached into her mind that day, found the flame of memory and pinched it out.” 2 likes
“Part of you still feels him. Because you never detached. You never fell out of love.” 2 likes