Start by marking “Torch” as Want to Read:
Torch

Torch

Arson detective Norm Strom is always one step behind a serial arsonist who is responsible for torching several buildings in the city. He tracks down known arsonist Johnny Eagle and turns him into his informant, hoping to use one torch to catch another. Eagle tells all, revealing the pleasure and satisfaction that he gets from setting and watching a raging inferno. Detectiv ...more
Paperback, 1st, 200 pages
Published March 2015 by Booklocker.com (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Torch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torch

Start your review of Torch
Dale Moore
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised by this novel as i'd started a prior novel by this author and the genre and writing wasn't my cup of tea. But this book starts strong and the overall story left me glad i'd given him a second chance. A worthwhile read!
Nadine
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Torch is the Edmond Gagnon's latest book, I read all his other books and I loved them all so I was looking forward to this one, I am not disapointed.

Here we are following Norm Strom again as an Arson detective, he's investigating a series of fires around the city with the help of Johnny Eagle, a known arsonist that is trying to turn his life around, but Norm is not sure if he can trust him.

The book alternates between Norm's story and Johnny's story which I liked because I
Debra Jeakins
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
TORCH by Edmond Gagnon is the first Norm strom book I have read and I enjoyed every minute. Norm is a Canadian arson investigator, overworked, underpaid and one step behind a serial arsonist. I loved the characters and the plot, especially when its told from two points of view, Norms & Eddies. Fast paced well laid out I recommend it to anyone who loves a good who done it!

I received this book from goodreads in exchange for a review
Christian Laforet
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a realistic detective novel!

Although technically the third book in Edmond Gagnon’s Black and White crime series, this is the first for me. The story follows Detective Norm Strom as he deals with a series of arsons plaguing the city.

Like I said in the beginning, this book is unlike a lot of crime/detective fiction out there simply because it feels totally real. I’m sure that’s owed completely to the fact the author is a retired police officer. There are no super cops, no cit
Emily
Feb 22, 2017
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
May 14, 2015
Edmond Gagnon
Apr 22, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Pamela
Cheryl Bradley
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Skhan
May 06, 2015
Ed is a retired Police Detective, having worked for the Windsor Police Service for over 31 years. Upon retiring he traveled the world compiling a fun collection of travel stories, then self-published his first book, "A Casual Traveler."

With a new passion for writing Ed created his Norm Strom Crime Fiction Series with with Rat, Bloody Friday, Torch, Finding Hope and Border City Chronicl