Start by marking “Replay (Off the Record #4)” as Want to Read:
Replay (Off the Record #4)

Replay

(Off the Record #2)

Goth metal’s most famous celibate is about to get f**ked…

Celibate rock guitarist, Spook Mortensen, has never had trouble keeping his libido in check until Alle Hutton gate-crashed his life. Now, as Black Halo embarks upon their first official cruise, Alle’s along with him as his plus one, and not succumbing to temptation requires constant vigilance and ingenuity.

Unafraid a
Published February 25th 2020 by Incantatrix Press

To ask other readers questions about Replay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Replay

Start your review of Replay (Off the Record #4)
Doris
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Amazing Stars!!

Spook is hanging on by a thread and Alle is hoping to be the one to hold Spook together. How many people would believe that a famous hot rocker could stay away from all the women who throw themselves at him? We get to learn what has kept Spook celibate for years.

Alle is surrounded by brothers and one especially is not a relative you would want to claim. Marshall writes for a rag mag that is trying to dish on the Black Halo guys especially Spook. Marshall suspects Spook is holdin
Tracey Tranter
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a deliciously hot read full of secrets and betrayal and ends on one heck of a cliff-hanger.

The storyline takes you through extremes of emotion. I was hooked from the very beginning and kept me interested throughout the entire book.

This is not a standalone. You have to read the first one and I recommend you read ALL the Black Halo books in order (I have missed a couple), as then so many tiny details woven throughout them all.

I received a free copy of this book from the author and am
annette08
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow!!

If you like dark reads that have shadows of light come thru, then this is for you. Allegra has Spook thinking about her. Spook has been celibate for years now and Alleges is changing, but can Spook ignore the dark side and be vanilla? Or will his dark side emerge? These are deep characters with tons of baggage they must overcome. Read now to see where these two go.
L H
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked Spook and Alle together. It was I getting getting to know him and getting some of his back story. And cool that they are able to be themselves.

Karen
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dear gods, this broke me. As in, left me ugly-sobbing and curled in a ball, with my family thinking someone had died.

Luckily, no one - real or imagined - has. But the extremes of emotion as I read this second part in the Spook trilogy were at turns exhilarating and worrying. Madelynne Ellis had promised us that her rhythm guitarist was seriously damaged, and she wasn’t lying. Spook is, by anyone’s definition, quite broken, and as his relationship with Alle progresses the tightly bound layers he
Liz
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rock star book excellence. I love this series, getting to know the characters over many books has been a joy. Spook has been a revelation, so many secrets and such heartbreak. I was gripped from the first page, I made myself slow down and kept putting the book down so as not to demolish it too quickly. This book revealed things that I had suspected but as usual the twists and turns in the story were a surprise. Alle and Spook - along with the rest of the Black Halo crew kept me entertained. Ronn ...more
Lisa H
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He’s damaged and complicated.

I really liked how Ellis got into Spook’s head. He’s got multiple layers of all kinds of complicated. He and sex have a complex relationship. So, he’s celibate until Alle enters his studio.

She’s fearless.
He’s so many kinds of deliciously complicated.

Highly recommend for the nuanced physical and emotional connections (with plenty of steam).
Jeanne Richardson
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Madelynne Ellis; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Giofab21
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Watching tortured Spook try to fight his urges has me all kinds of frustrated and turned on again. As we get a further glimpse inside this guy's past and head we feel for the sitaution and hopes she breaks him, in a GOOD way, of course. Can't wait for the next one.
Julie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review.

Omg, Madelynne has done it again. In this book you start to understand Spook and why he is the way he is. Spook explains it all to Alle and she accepts him for who he is. I can't wait to read the next book about Spook and Alle.
Jessica Alcazar
Feb 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ellis-madelynne
Copy provided by the author for early review
Janee
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Spook is starting to let go his past. There are others who aren't letting it go. Alli is breaking through to him. For her finally push through she needs to break a little for him.
Coralee Corrigan
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read and I loved it
H
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Love the portrayal of complex queer characters and a fluid/open relationship, but goddamn does Spook ever need a therapist. Dragged in spots compared to the first.
Kat
Cheyenne
Jul 11, 2015
Melissa
Aug 13, 2015
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Aug 16, 2015
Deb
Aug 22, 2015
Faith
Aug 26, 2015
Jessica
Aug 29, 2015

• The Album (Cruise Control, #1)
  • Leaving to Stay  (Baby Fever, #1)
  • The Wedding (Cruise Control #2)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • To My First And Last One Night Stand (The Inappropriate Bachelors, #3)
  • Own The Night (The Matchmaker Series #3)
  • A Filthy Rock Star (Filthy Line #1)
  • Not So Goode (Goode Girls #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Play Fast (Brooklyn Dawn #2)
  • Dirty Rock
  • King's Criminals (The Kings of Men MC #3)
  • Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #1)
  • Been There, Married That
  • Fresh Meet (Kings of the Water, #2)
  • The Bad Boys of Molly Riot (Hard Rock Star, #1-5)
  • Show Me Your Secrets (An Indecent Apposal #2)
  • Never Been Kissed
Madelynne Ellis is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of erotic romance. She stared writing on a whim, after a friend suggested she give writing a "Black Lace" novel a go. The rest is history.

Madelynne writes focuses on a mixture of contemporary and Regency-set novels, and has been translated into a variety of languages.

She's a decaf drinker, has a healthy obsession with a certain Ja

Off the Record (4 books)
  • Off the Record: A Prelude
  • Reflex (Off the Record Book 1)
  • Revive (Off the Record #3)

News & Interviews