Start by marking “Washing Statue Wanderlust (Kami No Sekai Short Story Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Washing Statue Wanderlust (Kami No Sekai Short Story Series #2)

Washing Statue Wanderlust

(Kami No Sekai Short Story Series #2)

This statue doesn’t want to sit around. Can it persuade someone to take it on a holiday?

Yuki has been wishing for good health her whole life, and now she has the chance to get that wish fulfilled.

~~~

Shhh… Listen To The Gods.

The Japanese believe the gods live in all things. Trees, appliances, animals, buildings — they all have a spirit living within them. Maybe, if you
Kindle Edition
Published April 23rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Washing Statue Wanderlust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Washing Statue Wanderlust

Start your review of Washing Statue Wanderlust (Kami No Sekai Short Story Series #2)
Lola
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

I need more great short stories like these! They are just so fun, short enough to read them in one sitting and long enough to tell a story and leave a lasting impression. Just like Rice Cooker Revenge, Washing Statue Wanderlust features a normally inanimate object in which a god lives and it comes into contact with a person that hears them. In this case the statue Arai and the girl Yuki already have know each for a little while, but something cha
Karen’s Library
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
What a delightful short story by S.J. Pajonas! Within minutes I was transported to Japan and the custom of washing the statue named Arai in exchange for good health. Yuki has visited the statue all of her life wishing for help to keep her diabetes under control. Arai (the statue) manages to talk Yuki into trying to take her to see the world.

This is the second short story where we get the POV of a normally inanimate object. I have no problem not only buying into the fact that the statue is speaki
Brianna
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

When I first heard about this story, I knew I wanted to read it. A statue that wanted to travel? Count me in! So I was very excited to receive an ARC, and I’m even happier to say that this story delivered.

The main characters were Yuki and Arai. Yuki was a college student who wanted to experience the world, but was afraid to do so since she was diabetic and had a highly important routine. Arai was the statue with wanderlust.
Katie Carroll
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yuki has been visiting the washing statue for many years, praying to it for good health. When the wanderlust stricken statue asks something of Yuki, she's game for trying to make it happen. A quirky little read, and well worth it. I love the concept of gods living in regular objects. Just the right length and left me with deeper thoughts than I expected.
Aisha-Kimberly Hashmi
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! A box set of books, this was among one I downloaded for free.... what a cute story! I learned a little about Japan, and read all of the stories in the set. Will be looking for more from this author!!!!
Caroline Cairn
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A little slower than the other short stories of the collection, so I would say this one is my least favourite, but it still deserves four stars for the fun I had to read it.
S.J. Pajonas
Mar 20, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored-by-me
You can find out more about WASHING STATUE WANDERLUST and the rest of the Kami No Sekai series on my website.

Jul 27, 2015
Oct 25, 2017
Brenda
May 19, 2018
**Sign-up for S. J. Pajonas's New Releases mailing list**

Stephanie (S. J.) is a writer, knitter, amateur astrologer, Capricorn, Japanophile, and USA Today Best Selling author. She loves foxes, owls, sushi, yoga pants, Evernote, and black tea. When she’s not writing, she’s thinking about writing or spending time outside, unless it’s winter. She hates winter. Someday she’ll own a house in both h

Kami No Sekai Short Story Series (5 books)
  • Rice Cooker Revenge (Kami No Sekai Short Story Series #1)
  • Mamachari Matchmaker  (Kami No Sekai Short Story Series #3)
  • Vigilante Slimming Scanner (Kami No Sekai #4)
  • Secret Keeping Sakura