Start by marking “Sidelined (Game On, #3)” as Want to Read:

Sidelined

(Game On #3)

B00JCTZSJI

Alternate Cover version
Published (first published March 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sidelined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sidelined

Cassie Mae
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 After the Wedding Stars

I'm a fan of the Game On series, and clapped when I found out book 3 was Bree's story. She was definitely the character I identified the most with in the previous books. :)

The Gist

After a year of marriage, Bree is starting to feel a little stuck. There's something missing, but she can't pinpoint what it is. Hot hubby, check. Money, check. Good friends, check. So what the heck, right? But she slowly starts to find out she's missing HERSELF. And when she gets super excite
K.M. Lowe
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

Third book of the series and with all long series you wonder if book after book will live up to the last...Well I loved book 1, I enjoyed book 2 and book 3....Amazing! I worried when I realised this was Bree's story, because I thought dizzy Bree, you can imagine what to come. Well, the saying never judge a book by its cover, fit's well here. I never imagined the story to be like this (I won't give it away)

There was so much more to Bree, and I never expected the ending. I was a blubberin
Annalisa Crawford
Darker in tone than the previous two books in this series, Sidelined tugs at your emotions as Bree struggles as the pain of her past collides with her present. I really enjoyed this book, it was more challenging and the cracks in the team's lives start to show. Lennon has a fantastic way of drawing you into the story and making the characters feel so real you actually miss them when you finish reading. A must-read from this wonderful author.
Tina
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stay away from contemporary romance for the most part, save for a few authors that I know are talented and can hook me, because the fact of the matter is contemporary romance is usually boring. It's full of bland, cardboard-like characters, embarrassing smut, and no plot. I usually end up DNFing these books and vowing to myself that I'll never read another contemporary romance again.

That isn't the case when it comes to Kyra Lennon's work. Having followed her career for quite some time now (as
Krista
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bree has a loving husband, a beautiful home, and great friends, but something is missing. She's twenty-one years old and feels no purpose in her life. Her husband Jude tries, but Bree is convinced he's no longer listening to her. Despite being surrounded by others who love her, she can only struggle to figure out what went wrong and why she doesn't seem to love her life as much anymore. Her affections become twisted and Bree can't seem to find her footing as a tragedy takes away everything. She' ...more
Moon Love
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really want to give this book 5 stars but I'm still reeling from the events in this book. Realistically if this was any other book, I'd have given it 5 stars but my heart is still broken and it's not the only reason so let me start from the beginning. Sidelined is an amazing book. I was expecting a good story but I was lulled into a false sense of security before getting hit by an emotional 18 wheeler big-rig truck. I didn't see a number of twists coming and it felt like each one was a new emo ...more
Clare Dugmore
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While on the surface, Sidelined may feel a little different from the rest of the series - as it deals with a couple who are already together, and MC Bree's voice is very unique - once you start reading, it's the familiar Game On style we know and love from Kyra Lennon. Only she's upped the ante, and things happen in the book that will play important roles in the future of the series.

Lennon brings her usual humor, coupled with characters so real you feel like you've known them all your life. I co
Sharon l Aldcroft
Well I just don't know what to say about this book.............
Kyra Lennon you've gone & done it again.
Well and truly bettered yourself with this one. I was not expecting a storyline like that.

Poor Bree struggling with her past like that.
Poor Reader having to struggle with the loss of the characters after the book had been read,thats how you feel.
This book is so different to the other books in the series (it's less romantic,more emotional) that you're pulled into the book so you can get a ho
Eileen
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: na, new-adult
This books is very different to the other two Game On books. It's less romance and very focused on the main character Bree. Bree is sweet but confused about her life, and it takes a large incident to make her take a closer look at her life and what she really wants.

Sidelined made me laugh and cry. The end will have you reaching for the tissues - especially if you've read the first two Game On books.
Sal
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tears everywhere so if this makes no sense I apologise.
Out of all the books in the series I think this one is my favourite.
Bree is the girl that a lot of people will relate to in one way or another and the way her story is written brings her to life before your eyes.
It’s not the easiest book in the series to read, as I said so many tears, but it one that will stay with me for a long time to come.
Can not praise this book/series enough.
Kim Beck
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness you have to have a box of tissues ready when you read this one. This book has such a good story one that will touch each reader in some way or another. It's truly the best one of the series so far. Tragedy hits the group in this book that will change the dynamic of the future books in this series. This one is not all sunshine and roses but has real meaning behind it. My full review is at http://allnightbooks.com/?p=357
V. Kelly
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyra Lennon has a gift for romance! I could not put Sidelined down when I started reading it! I really identified with Bree's struggle in finding herself and deciphering whether or not she rushed into her marriage or if her husband is the right person for her. Lennon has a gift for putting you into the story and making the scenes come to life. The emotion she puts into each character is real and intoxicating.I highly recommend this story to anyone who loves a little romance!
Annalisa Crawford
Ashley Irby
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got a copy of Sidelined through the Good Reads giveaways. I hadn't read the prior ones before this - so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Awesome story! I fell in love with the characters - & have since ordered the first books! Love them!
Nikki
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read as part of the Game On boxset.
Holy emotional rollercoaster I don't even know what to feel after reading this book!!
What a journey of emotions this takes you on from start right up to the very last pages... hooked is the only word I can say to describe how I couldn't put it down.
Telling us now the story of Bree and Jude who we have met in previous books it shows us what happens when someone in a relationship feels lost and not sure where their life goes next.
Loved these characters just as
Emma Davis
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loves Bree story
Kyra
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, na
When I started writing Sidelined, I always knew Bree had a dark past - however, as I began to delve deeper into her, even I was surprised by the way the story took me. (No, I'm not a huge plotter lol. I start with a beginning, middle, and end and the character kind of guides me through it!). It IS very different from Game On and Blindsided, but what I hope you'll enjoy from this book is the extreme strength of the friendships and the way Bree really starts to grow into the woman she was always m ...more
Luisa
Nov 22, 2018
Aly
Mar 27, 2015
Claudia Cortinas
rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2017
Carrie
Nov 04, 2016
Allison Vallier
Dec 29, 2015
Kari Holloway
Apr 05, 2017

• Borrowing Trouble (Texas Trouble, #12)
  • Her Forever Cowboy: Kevin (Harland County, #4)
  • No Chance in Hell (Lost and Found, Inc, #3)
  • Kit & Ivy: A Red Team Wedding Novella (Red Team, #3.5)
  • The Girl Next Door (Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory, #6)
  • Profile of Terror (Profile, #2)
  • Abandoned (Wolf Gatherings #5)
  • SEAL My Destiny (Seal Brotherhood, #6)
  • Bobcat (Tales of the Were: Redstone Clan #4)
  • Count on Me (Petal, Georgia, #3)
  • Justice For Abby (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County #6)
  • The Wizard King (Heart's Desire, #3)
  • The Cowboy Rescues a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #7)
  • First Response  (TREX 0.5)
  • Our Beautiful Child
  • The Kodiak Clan (Laid Bear, #2)
  • Moon Shine (Takhini Wolves Book 4)
Kyra is a self-confessed book-a-holic, and has been since she first learned to read. When she's not reading, you'll usually find her hanging out in coffee shops with her trusty laptop and/or her friends, or girling it up at the nearest shopping mall. Lennon is a proud supporter of several charities. She currently volunteers for her local cat shelter as a fundraiser and social media guru. Kyra has ...more

Game On (6 books)
  • Game On (Game On #1)
  • Blindsided (Game On, #2)
  • Play On (Game On, #4)
  • Final Score: Part One (Game On Book 5)
  • Final Score: Part Two (Game On Book 6)