Start by marking “Spectrum” as Want to Read:
Spectrum

Spectrum

Sparks fly the moment Bryn Nakamura lays eyes on Anna Fitzpatrick, and not in a good way. Driven, reserved, and recovering from another encounter with a life she would rather leave behind, all Bryn wants is to forget about Anna and focus on her beloved vineyard—but Fate has other plans. No matter where Bryn goes, Anna seems to be there, and despite how annoyed she is by th ...more
Published March 19th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Spectrum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spectrum

Start your review of Spectrum
Diane Wallace
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read! love their chemistry,nice storyline and a very interesting subject..could not get enough of this couple...recommended to all
lov2laf
This story is not perfect but well worth reading.

What do you get? A really wonderful love story. MJ Duncan delivers a romance between two very relatable and likable people that get to know each other slowly, finally connect, and then she rides out the last half of the book exploring the couple together. Nothing hugely dramatic happens; no comas, accidents, affairs, some horrible childhood abuse, a partner being an overt asshole for no good reason…you know, the typical fair we often find in this
Joc
I've had this for a long time and kept putting off reading it because I didn't like the title. I realised I didn't like the titles of the last two I read either but then it clicked: they're the names of the boat/shop/farm where the story is located. Spectrum is the name of the wine farm Bryn Nakamura owns and runs. A weird accident has Anna Fitzpatrick plowing her Audi into Bryn's vines.

Bryn is cold, controlled and distant. She's also straight. Anna is irrepressibly cheerful and friendly. I lik
Cammy Chareon
Mar 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Bryn Nakamura (40) met Anna Fitzpatrick (31) when the latter accidentally plowed through and destroyed a part of her cherished vineyard. Although Bryn was set on hating Anna, she couldn't help but lower her guard down as they have more and more chance encounters.

I really liked this book. I was craving for a good friends-to-lovers book, and this did it for me! It was really sweet, and I appreciate how MJ Duncan showed us how they went from strangers to friends to something more. I just love it w
Sprinkles
What to say about this? Perhaps my favorite MJ Duncan romance to date. Huge emphasis on ROMANCE. It's pure, delicious, unending romance and I'm fangirling just thinking about it. It was a delight to read Bryn and Anna's progress. In the beginning, there's some beef, yet you can't help but wink (yes, at the book) and say, "Let the sexual tension begin!"

MJ also has a habit of writing characters that pull me into a crush. Bryn, you have my heart. She's vulnerable and her ice queen persona is highly
Pin
The third and so far the best of MJ Duncan's novels. Sweet romance, great characters and a nice satisfying ending. I really liked it. ...more
Jo reece
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bloody loved it!

Arien
Starts out promising but doesn't amount to anything much. The writing is so repetitive that I ended up skipping a lot of paragraphs and did lots of speed reading and lost nothing because of it. The book should be at least 30% shorter than it is right now, the endless sex/love scenes in the middle of the book do nothing for the plot. Literally nothing happens for most of the book.

Furthermore, it's all quite superficial, the book does not go into detail about what being a vineyard owner actually
Paula
Really good.
Both MC's are really adorable, it took me a while to like Bryn, but she gets you, and their love is so pure and cute and I don't know, you can really feel it while reading.
Hot scenes, really hot, but there aren't too many and they're really vanilla, but they are so cute that I'm okay with that.
I supper recommend it. I can't stop reading M.J. Duncan.
Les Read
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: femme-4-femme
I always tell my friends that it’s my dream to buy a vineyard in Tuscany and spend my twilight years enjoying the beautiful earth and drinking wine. FYI, if you suddenly have the image of Diane Lane in your head, then virtual high five to you! I’ve had the biggest crush on her since I was 5 years old. Hey, Diane… We can drink wine together under the Tuscan sun! Si or no?

One of my favorite quotes is from that movie:
“They say they built the train tracks over the Alps, between Vienna and Venice, be
C. Mack
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous

I've just completed my second read and it felt even better than the first. This is a beautiful romance that is perfectly paced with rich characters and a lovely evolution that makes this story so good. Going onto my favourite list.

So after multiple re reads this is a solid favourite.
Frank Van Meer
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This is one of those books, where for me, I'm reading the story as it is, while my mind thinks up other possibilities and I'm left wondering why the author didn't think of it.

The first half is entertaining enough. Brynn, the emotional stunted vineyard owner meets the bubbly doctor Anna at the site of an accident. The extent of Brynn's emotional detachment is evident when she pissed off about all the vines that have been destroyed without any concern to the well-being of the car's occupants. To m
Kate
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was somewhere between a 4 and a 5 for me. Definitely closer to a 5 star which is why I have rated it as one.

It's one of those books that focuses pretty much solely on the romance between the main characters. Bryn and Anna meet when Anna crashes her car into Bryns pride and joy, her vineyard. Sparks fly and they don't stop flying until the end of the book. It's a sweet story one that slowly shows a budding friendship turn into more. I love reading stories like this, it's a refreshing c
Farah
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
The first quarter of the book was really good. After crashing into Bryn's vineyard, Anna and Bryn kept on bumping into each other. Their banters were entertaining, their accidental meetings were warm fuzzy. Sadly, the whole book written through Bryn's POV, I would have bumped the ratings higher if Anna's POV was involved. Anyways, after the first quarter, Ann and Bryn became really lovey dovey, they didn't exchange the ILYs until almost to the end and I was bored. Nothing wrong with Bryn and Ann ...more
Vic
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesfic
This was a cute romance, with well developed characters, and some lovely scenes. Possibly the middle part of the book lingered a bit long, and became a tad repetitive, but the story was wrapped up well.

The setting was interesting, and informative without being overwhelming. The book descriptive without becoming too intense. Nothing spectacular here, but it was an enjoyable read, and Anna was an adorable character.
MaxDisaster
5 stars
I had fun with this one.
Granted I mostly dislike drama created by miscommunication etc, but considering the personalities of the MCs, the depicted freakouts and misunderstanding made sense and didn't look forced or artificial.
It was also surprisingly funny. Dry sarcasm is my favourite and it was sprinkled throughout just enough to liven things up.
Anja
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
From the cover and the title I expected something totally different. But this is a wonderful story with awesome characters and I loved watching the character development from buddies to something more. Thumbs up! MJ Duncan never disappoints ;)
NGM
Nov 01, 2017 added it
Didn't like it

Too long for a book where nothing happens, so they meet and the story begins to build up or so you think and then when you reach to 97% of the story and you think "finally some drama or something is gonna happen" but sadly the "drama” only last for like three pages and then everything goes back to normal where nothing exciting happens. Not for me.
Milkiways
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesfic, 2015
Well written, good storyline, likeable characters, funny and highly romantic.
Margaret
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-words
Oh. *contented sigh*. This is a pure romance novel done completely, utterly *right* .

It is sweet but not sickeningly so. The story moves along at just the right pace. Our main characters are attractive both in looks and personality but also flawed enough to remain relateable and likeable. The pwoar scenes are appropriately plentiful and vanilla

There are a few editing issues but not so much that it ever bought be out of the story.

It's a romance through and through and i am left feeling swoonigly
Alexis
Wish I had read this sooner.

I've had this book on my to read list for a while but just kept putting off reading it. Now I wish I hadn't done that because what an amazing read this turned out to be. This book had me hooked from page 1. It has everything I look for in a great book, fantastic chemistry, great plot, engaging dialogue, good pacing and some pretty smoking hot sex scenes.

This was the first book I've read by this author and it certainly will not be the last!
~ * K E L L I E * ~
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Ditto to what Milkiways said in her review:
Well written, good storyline, likable characters, funny and highly romantic.
Kathryn
This is a hard one to rate. The story itself was ok but the abundant and unnecessary errors were so annoying that it would loose a couple of points just for that. So I guess 3 stars is generous. I would not read this again.
Angie
Bryn has one thing that she's proud of, one thing that's hers: Spectrum, a small winery in Washington that is more than 2,000 miles away from Boston and even further away from her parents' expectations for their only child. So when she witnesses an out-of-control car careening into a section of the vineyard, destroying vines she planted years before, she takes it personally and takes all her anger out on the driver, Anna, who insists it was an accident.

But now that Bryn has met Anna, she keeps
hubsie
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This was pretty good, but didn't blow me away. I found the pace quite slow and the amount of detail given towards rather mundane things excruciating at times. Not a lot happens......some tepid drama with Bryn's parents, but no real depth. I actually quite liked Bryn as a character, with her sensitivity about her poor social skills and wondering how to appropriately handle emotional situations due to how isolated and unloved she was a child. I would have liked to have more of her backstory that I ...more
Kindle Girl
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a pure romance.
All about that. There is not angst (view spoiler), there no fighting, there is no war... this book is for the passionate, for the dreamers, just to fullfill the heart and as you finish, you can sigh and be in love with April & Bryn.

Reccomend to all.
Annette
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

I cannot put her books down!! This is the 4th book in just a week. On to the next one!! I am a fan, MJ Duncan!!
Gina L
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An Exceptional Story!

I loved this book. There was so much heartbreaking things that had been going on in Bryn’s life that hardened her but she was a naive sweet person underneath. Meeting Anna, the younger wild and free personality who is trying to get under her skin. The gay and straight girl romance has been done but not told like this. This writer has captured the want and need when you fall for someone who is gay and when you kiss for the first time. It is something you remember and even tho
Gloria Flamenco
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Solid 4 stars

I enjoy this author's work. Although this story isn't as good as Veritas, it is wonderful. The characters are set up nicely. There's stimulating love scenes that make you feel these two women are very respectful of one another along with a twist of carnal passion. It is a little predictable at times but I think you'll enjoy this cute love story.
Alicia
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-be-read
Loved it

I have read all the books this author has put and can say without a doubt I was not disappointed. I love the main characters has well as the supporting characters. I could definitely see more of Bryn and Anna story to continue.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sour Grapes
  • Down to a Science (I Heart Sapphfic Pride Collection, #1)
  • The Perfect Fit (I Heart SapphFic Pride Collection, #6)
  • In the Mirror
  • Guarding Evelyn
  • Two of a Kind
  • Back to the Start
  • HOWL: Home of the Wayward Lovers (I Heart SapphFic Pride Collection, #7)
  • Chemistry
  • Take Two (I Heart SapphFic Pride Collection, #3)
  • Chef's Kiss (A Gia, San Francisco Romance, Book 1)
  • Devil's Advocate
  • Good Spin
  • Broken Beyond Repair
  • Broken
  • Let Go (Boston, #1)
  • The Flaw in Our Design
  • Cuffing Season
See top shelves…
MJ Duncan is a Southern California girl who traded in her surfboard for hockey skates when she moved to Minnesota. When not writing, MJ enjoys reading, climbing, swimming, and spending time with her family. You can also follow her on twitter (@mj_duncan) and tumblr (mjduncan).

News & Interviews

As the final days of the year tick themselves off the calendar, the 2022 Goodreads Reading Challenge is coming to a close. Sincere...