Start by marking “Going to the Chapel: Don't Ask” as Want to Read:
Going to the Chapel: Don't Ask

Going to the Chapel: Don't Ask

Captain Zachary Smith had long suspected he was gay. Still, he could ignore that in the face of his career. He was a military man--a lifer. Everything was fine until a certain inscrutable FBI agent trampled all over Zack’s personal Don’t Ask policy.

Previously published by Torquere as part of the Going to the Chapel anthology.
Published March 25th 2015 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Going to the Chapel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going to the Chapel

Inked Reads
Mar 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
ThreeandHalfStars
This book just didn’t sit well for me. I understand that premise, but it was not a smooth story.

I wish that both Zack and Falk were more developed, but understand that with the length of the book, it was not possible. Also, their relationship is so choppy. You don’t really get a grasp on how they see each other.

I did get the emotion behind when Falk dismisses Zack and that was sad for me – especially since it was so impersonal.

This story had great potential; it just didn’t live
Ro Dubose
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
A choice, to be socially accepted or be yourself, this was the dilemma Captain Zachary Smith and his secret lover FBI agent Falk Thayer must decide.

Going to the Chapel: Don't Ask is a short story exploring the issues of being gay in a civil servant career. The plot is emotional, featuring clandestine intimacy along with public rejection. The characters are creditable.

In order to maintain his honorable military status, Zack hides his sexually by flirting with every woman he meets, as well as goi
Molly Lolly
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four stars!
This story is a fun quick read and set when Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell was still the law of the land. I wasn’t sure if Falk was going to get his stuffing together and pull his head out of his butt. Was glad to see that he did. I liked seeing Zack free himself from the restrictions of the military and how he acted in the bar. The scene where Falk kisses Zack in the bar was perfect. Felt kind of bad for Wilson but Zack only had one love. I enjoyed that it had a
Kate
is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2015
Julie Duong
Mar 31, 2017
So, about me. I’ve been writing sensual romance—and some other stuff—for about five years now. What a busy five years it’s been, too. I’ve met a lot of great people along the way.

I’m blind and have been for more than a decade. I don’t go anywhere without my best buddy, Cosmo. He’s my guide dog. Once in a while, he turns up in my stories, incognito, of course. He and I travel when we can via planes