Start by marking “Petty Cash” as Want to Read:
Petty Cash

Petty Cash

Alternate cover edition for ASIN: B00ERKA7PW

This is the romantic office comedy that human resources warned you about. Florida resident Rebecca Blake works as an assistant to a group of psychologists. She is strikingly beautiful and athletic. People see her as a nice, likable girl who is fine in her role but who could never really aspire to more at the company. Rebecca is t
Published March 2015 (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Petty Cash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Petty Cash

Leticia
It was a freebie and I was ready to give it up halfway through if it wasn't good, but somehow it got me. Even despite its obvious flaws - Rebecca and Foster have very little in common, forgive each other too quickly, there's a lot of unexplained drama (why his mom hates her, why she's so traumatized about the ex), the list goes on... - it is fun and made me laugh, so I kept reading and voilà, finished it :)
Katerina
Whenever I read about romance novels taking place in offices, I feel an immediate pull to read them...
I have no idea why, I have never worked in an office!!!
I suspect, that the mere presence of many different characters and their interactions in one space, will provide me with an entertaining read.
And I am almost right every time...

I really liked this book, although it had some lengthy descriptions about the places the characters lived at and the places they visited. This distracted from the act
Suzanne
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a not so typical office romance story about Rebecca and Foster. Rebecca is your Florida girl, who likes to look good and have fun, but can't understand why she can't progress her career. Foster is a geeky guy who doesn't care about his appearance, or what people think of him, but is doing very well in his career - opposites. They end up paired together at a work hevaviour course and both their lives change from that point on.

The writing style was unusual, and I found it difficult to get
Darcysmom
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Petty Cash after a nice twitter exchange with Kimberly Vargas. I enjoyed her novel Gumbeaux very much and she suggested that I give Petty Cash a read. I am really, really glad I did.

Petty Cash tells the story of Rebecca and Foster, a couple of opposites who have to work very hard to make their relationship work. I loved how real both Rebecca and Foster felt. I found myself rooting for them all the way through the novel.

Fans of Gumbeaux will appreciate the inclusion of the Musee Fait and
Sharon Simpson
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The family dynamics in the story were very nicely done. I can perfectly imagine the grandmother and Foster's mother. It's nice to see a book that acknowledges religious differences and how that can be a stumbling block to some relationships. I don't read a lot of serialized stories, but I would like to know what happens after this book ends.
Merewyn
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In some ways, this was just a typical chick lit romance but I found myself really enjoying the characters and loving their interaction. In addition, I laughed through all the work info - as a long time member of the tech industry, I am familiar with touchy-feely programs and company values and so the whole thing, and his reactions to it all, just made me laugh.
Jill
Jun 26, 2016 added it
The title of this book appealed to be as working in accounts. I read this book within a couple of days, and didnt want to put it down. Enjoyed the story, would have liked to have found out the story about her parents.
Barbara Lunsford
Very entertaining

I found it was a lot like the life we women lead today where we don't think we are good enough or capable of doing the job. I like that there was not a lot of crude language and that their love was able to overcome all their problems.

Bungluna
An amusing office romance, with elements of beauty and the beast (if Beauty were a bit shallow and Beast a bit Genghis.) the tense of the narrative was confusing, but I got used to it. There was too much description of place and not enough backstory, making the characters opaque at times.
UberApril
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
The writing style was a little difficult to get use to at the beginning. An alpha male manipulating everyone to get what he wants with some beauty and the beast mixed in the story line. Clean romance.
SandraE
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I really enjoyed this story. I put it in my reread file for later.
Judy
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable light read.
brandi
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

Little twists of fate seem to pop up through out the book. Relaxing read about a "doomed romance" and it's obstacles.
Joanne
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
not bad for a free book

A nice romance story, a bit different from the rest and I like that it takes place in Florida.
One is not sure if they ever get together!
Michele
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Petty Cash....

Loved it!! Hard time reviewing without divulging. Really good read!! Funny & witty. There a few surprises thrown in too!! Worth the read!!
Elizabeth
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a fun story to read. The ending came quicker than I thought, which was a little bit of a letdown, but it was a nice way to end a few hectic evenings.
Michele
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous!!!

Wow! Wonderful story with so much angst that I couldn't put it down. This book has to be one of your "Must Read's"
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this book! All the struggles the characters went through, and the personal growth they achieved, made them so real. Falling in love was just a bonus. I want to read more!
Bethpfefferyahoo.com
Lazy day read

So it isn't overly imaginative, but it kept me turning the pages all afternoon. Fun, easy read from Florida to Maine with characters that made me smile.
Becky Pierce
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book - all the way to the end. Even though it seemed like I would know what was going to happen it was a twisting plot!
Eleanor Marque
Excellent beach read for the young executive wannabe.
Alice Marks Ripperger
Lovely, funny repartee, likeable characters.

I thought the happy story was completed until, to my surprise I discovered I was only fifty percent finished. The last half of the book was a disappointment.
The behavior of Foster didn't ring true. The reaction of the leading lady to Foster's behavior was also troubling. Much forward development was halted by the story line. Their relationship was too slow to bloom. Maybe this, too, is what happened to Sleeping Beauty after awakening to her Prince Char
Natasha Banton
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love romance books
I thought this was a good read. There were many things that there was to like about this book.

The characters were good, the book was written out well, and there were many twists and turns that I didn't see coming.

This is a book worth reading and I took my time reading this as I wanted to let the book slowly sink in so I could enjoy it more.

Overall, I thought this book was a good read and I would read this again.
Kbernard
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed the story and the author’s writing style!

The characters are real.....and true to life! Also enjoyed the cross-over of characters from Gumbeaux! Anxious to read more stories from this author!
Kaye Shukosky
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read,

Recommend for all chick kit lovers. Interesting take on a business environment as well as the cities the story is set in
Michelle
Good book

You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself and I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley MA
Charmain
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this story
Terisa
Oct 25, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received a notice a couple of weeks ago that this book was free for a limited time on Amazon. It had quite a few 4 and 5 star reviews and very few that were lower than that at the time so I got it. Thankfully I didn’t have to pay the regular $4.99 price for this book because I would have been really, really ticked off at myself! It’s been a really long time since I have written a review on book that I hated but here goes…

I only read 67% of this book. I know, you would think that after investin
Mrsnah
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Are you kidding me with this ending!? I do not like cliffhanger endings so maybe it's just me. I was ready to rate it 3 stars because it was a fun, easy chick-lit read but the ending did me in! There were several unrealistic parts of the book that I was OK with overlooking just for entertainment sake. My other gripe is that the book spent a lot of time on not so important things (i.e. scenery) but then breezed over some harder hitting interactions (i.e. explanation of relationships, arguments, e ...more
Kimberlee Vedder
This is the book that never ends. Rebecca is a misfit in the corporate world of Blue Chip, the most incredible, unrealistic corporation ever. She meets Foster, who she knows is a genius/business guru, and wants his wisdom to rub off on her. Take a wild guess what could possibly happen! Yes, the fall for each other. Shocking! The story is really focused on the development of this seemingly doomed long distance relationship. Unfortunately there's nothing gripping, spectacular, or relatable about i ...more
  • Knowing Me Knowing You
  • Secret Shopper
  • Typist - Billionaire Novelist: Complete Series
  • How To Kill Your Boss - An Erotic Love Story
  • Blue Heaven (Blue Lake #1)
  • Craving Caroline (Star Crossed Lovers #1)
  • Lola's House
  • The Letter
  • Make Me
  • The Way Back To Me
  • Body Work
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
  • The Key
  • Spitfire (Puffin Cove, #1)
  • Leave It to Chance
  • Romancing Lady Stone (School of Gallantry, # 6)
  • Magic at Work (Fated Lovers)
  • A Lady's Pleasure
Kimberly Vargas has spent the last fifteen years developing instructional design content. She lives in San Diego county with her husband Michael and their three dogs. She is a stand up paddle boarding enthusiast and surfer in training. This is her first book.