Start by marking “Redemption (Omega Force, #7)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (Omega Force, #7)

Redemption

(Omega Force #7)

There is a fine line between right and wrong, good and evil. For years Jason Burke has straddled that line as best he can, always convinced that despite the violence carried out by him and his team they were firmly on the right side of that line. But as he reflects on his time with Omega Force, he begins to have his doubts.

When strange happenings from the mysterious Avaria
Published March 18th 2015

Richard Howington
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A perfect return of Omega Force

I have to admit to being a Omega Force junkie, earnestly awaiting each new episode. Number 7 does not disappoint. Starting a whole new story arc and tying up loose ends from the previous series.

The action, humor and character interactions remain while old relationships are severed and new are forged.

I cannot recommend any series higher. Mr. Dalzelle, you are far and away my favorite indi author.
Jim
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You just don’t get a fantastic series that is already out to seven books very often. Every one of these books have been just great and this latest one is no exception! I was surprised by the start of this book. I think you will be to. Everything seemed to be going just fine when we last left the Omega Force. They had just solved the puzzle of why everyone was after them and it had more to do with the Phoenix than the Omega Force. Having solved that puzzle, they should have been back to their rat ...more
Ellen
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I'm not sure what to say about this one. It was a little darker than usual, and I really liked that. Jason the Thinker more than Jason the Adventurer. However, it is almost like book one in a series, since Dalzelle is changing course a little. I feel sort of back to scratch. What can I say? I look forward to follow Jason, so that has not changed, but I'm seldom 100% happy after reading book one, and that is the case here too – even if it is book seven. I guess I give this a four Plus.
James W. Owen II
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
7 books and still exciting.

I have enjoyed all 7 books of the Omega Force series and look forward to what is yet to come. Joshua is a gifted writer and I hope he continues for a long time.
Tom Riggio
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent series

Just finished 0F7 and it was GREAT. Can't wait for the Human Factor and I will be pre ordering it straight away. Great job Dalzelle I have totally enjoyed your work.
Todd Gutschow
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Latest but not greatest

This book is in line with the series in that the storyline follows the predictable pattern the authors has used before. As I've said before, if you like this genre (very Star Trekian) then you will like this book and series. Good for casual reading.
Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl
Halfway between an 8/10: Excellent read, well written, fell right into the fictional world created & a 9/10: Fantastic, left me wanting more.

"Okay everybody, commence with the dumb part. Bring the Phoenix to full power, fire up the engines and the weapons, and when this shit bomb explodes let's try not to get any splattered on us."

Really loving this now. I'm attached. To the world & the characters. I'll be reading through to the end of the series for sure. Is there an end in sight yet?

Oh
Craig Dean
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
The ‘mid-season’ shake up feels forced and somewhat jarring after book six’s events; and the explanation, although plausible, still felt out of character. In the end it felt too much like Dalzelle had bored of some of the characters, and that led to some of their actions losing credibility.

Nonetheless, the story was engaging, albeit too quickly wrapped up, as is becoming the author’s defining style. I expect the author wanted to de-scale Omega Force and ratchet up their isolation; although lauda
Stacy
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: military, sci-fi
This was my least favorite Omega Force book. Granted, trying to follow up the stunningly awesome last book was a tall task, but I just thought it all started out odd. The team is all spread out and not together, in some cases, not even talking to each other - that just didn't feel genuine to me. Fortunately, it all works out in the end, but it just was odd to me. Almost like the author didn't quite know what to do for this book so just made it a story about bringing the team back together, with ...more
Michael
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Before you start this book, please realize it is the seventh title in the series: you will need to read the previous books in the series in order to understand the back story and the characters.

For me, this was one of the better books of the series. Without having a spoiler, if you enjoyed the previous books in the series you will probably like this and the action does pick up from the last installment. I picked this up for 99 cents during a Kindle promotion vs. the normal price of $3.99, and I
David P. Duffy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Fresh Like A Post Expiration Date Twinkie In A Bomb Shelter

“Omega Force: Redemption (OF7),” is another in the harmless and lightweight series by Mr. Joshua Dalzelle. The characters are engaging, storylines somewhat formulaic and pedestrian, and the writing mainly competent. The seemingly unending series, an endemic issue of indie writers, is similar to a comfortable pair of hiking boots, a bit threadbare and worn out. Familiar and comfortable, something for a quick trip to the beach or the gener
Alston Antony
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
10 out of 5 stars

Wow this series is a continuous surprise because normally I feel bored about a five books in a series but the story and attraction to the series very strong.

I loved the book intro because it not same as other book and I really loved how everything came together and really surprised on story twists and character development.

Now I am going to pickup next one but at same time sad to go this fast read books because I will eventually run out of the series.
Paul
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

These books just keep getting better and better. The whole crew work great together and work brilliant, you get completely immersed in the books and can't put them down
Keep them coming JD
Thomas James
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bitter-Sweet

Up until now good and evil were clearly evident. In Redemption, Jason, his crew, and by extension we the reader, discovers life is not that simple. It is sad in a way to lose that simplicity. Bitter-sweet.
Charles
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow that was a twisted story

Enough twists and turns to the story to keep you guessing. Better watch out Jason, your starting to leave a string of women behind you. Book eight here I come.
Christoph Mayer
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another hit.

The first few chapters we hard to read as you find our beloved team has parted ways and some members struggling but the booked quickly turns things around and becomes just as great as the rest of the story.
Jimmy Phelps
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gets better and better

Hard to put down
Lots of twists

Hard to put down

Make a good movie. Keep them coming. I like all the twist.
Daryl
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series. I find myself looking forward to more of these books, almost as much as I look forward to new work from Sigler and Hearne. Being put in the same league as those two is a big compliment.
Ben Franc
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Great idea for a story. Most of the characters are not human, but may as well be. They even start using english acronyms and phrases. The lone human character isn't really a likable person, especially in some of the later books. I enjoyed the book, but it has flaws that may be distracting.
Jason
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to say when I started reading this, I wondered if I had picked up the right book.
Had I missed something? I was sure I had picked up the next book in the series, and I know that nothing that serious had happened at the end of the last book. But here was Jason and Lucky, alone, running a cargo hauling operation on a different vessel, rather than the Phoenix. So what happened to the rest of the crew and the ship?
I soon realised that I had the right book, but this one was going to be differen
Jim Kratzok
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I see this series as a kind of cross between Star Trek and Firefly/Serenity. It "reads" so smoothly and vividly in my mind that it's almost like watching a movie - a good movie.

Redemption opens with Jason and Lucky working as a two man team running deliveries around the galaxy. The rest of Omega team has dispersed and the guys are running ragged, barely getting by. UNTIL, they get pulled into a galactic kidnapping of a Princess from an empire they don't often have anything to do with.

So, now wha
Cairi
Nov 02, 2015 added it
The last two books of this series were definitely the strongest. This one in particular was interesting because it more or less resets some characters, by Dalzelle's own admission, and opens the door for new things in the books to come. Without any spoilers, I'll just say I liked the tension that events between this book and the last created... sometimes things felt a little too cozy and missions always went too well, but this one starts off in the aftermath of a true clusterf**k and it was inte ...more
Jack Kenreck
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you're accidentally kidnapped from planet earth in a spaceship? Escape your captor, rescue people in trouble, and kick some ass along the way?

Yes, please!

This is one of my favorite science fiction series of all time. It's fun, witty, ridiculous, and the characters are absolutely fantastic.
Paul Heitsch delivers time and again in each book of this series. He is able to impart a distinct characteristic and tone of voice for each of the many different types of characters and p
Trevor
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Omega Force team return, all is not well and the team have gone there separate ways. Redemption brings to an end the focus of the first six books and embarks on a new journey. The team have always been a tight knit unit, but after a bad mission that takes Crusher to his limits, the team have disbanded. Jump forward two years, Jason and Lucky are pulled back into action, needing help they look for old allies. A very good book as usual and the team are back, refreshed and ready for a new chall ...more
J.Y. Calcano
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
The 7th book in the Omega Force series lacks in character development, but character synergy continues to be pretty interesting. The rising action stalls as it approaches the climax, with problems becoming VERY easy to solve. Said tendency created a predictable climax that did not awe. Nevertheless, those observations are relative, because there IS plenty of general action, even with the stalled rise and climax. The editing has some flaws (weak verbs: was/were/has/to be) but is generally good, w ...more
Scott
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
Omega Rising Redemption finds the team has separated, and gone their separate ways. Book 7 brings to conclusion of the first six books, and embarking on a new journey. The character development was lacking, but it made up for it by how much general action there was along with some new interesting details about the universe as it is now. Dalzelle doesn't disappoint, with a new interesting plot line involving the Avarian Empire, and some interesting characters from there.
Needless to say I'm eager
Andy Free
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dalzelle has done a great job of assembling a cast of quirky and interesting characters - the Omega Force books are a fun series. I don't know the author's background, but I would guess he has some military service experience and it shows in the characterization and the way the people in the story interact. It's a good example of how, even with futuristic science fiction, it is still possible to "write what you know."
Michael Lyashenko
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read like other Omega series, but just like other books suffers from various grammatical errors that could easily be spotted by hiring someone to proof-read the book before publishing it. Also... -256° Kelvin? I assume that was supposed to be +256° instead (equals to -17° Celsius, +1° Fahrenheit). Absolute zero temperature is 0 Kelvin. That's kind of the whole point.
Kimberly A. TenEyck
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another Hit

As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I would highly recommend the series to anyone who loves a great story, regardless of genre. It is appealing on every level. I sincerely hope to keep following the exploits and adventures of Jason and his band of merry men for a very long time. Keep up the good work, Josh! We're loving it!!
Timothy J. Feeley
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best in the Series?

I'm a big fan of Omega Force, and I think this is my favorite so far. I think this episode is a little more mature and introspective, while maintaining that sarcastic edge. I always look forward to the next in the series, but this time I just can't wait to read the next installment! I can only wonder who would win in a fight: Adam Cain or Jason Burke?
  • Dreadnought (Lost Colonies Trilogy, #2)
  • The End of Liberty (War Eternal, #2)
  • De Oppresso Liber (Hayden War Cycle, #6)
  • Exodus: Empires at War #2 (Exodus: Empires at War #2)
  • The Weak and the Innocent (The Frontiers Saga, #14)
  • Haraken (Silver Ships, #4)
  • Rusty Hinges (Metal Boxes #3)
  • The Void War (Empire Rising, #1)
  • What Price Honour (Merkiaari Wars, #2)
  • The Synchronicity War Part 4
  • Battle Group Avalon (Castle Federation, #3)

Omega Force (10 books)
  • Omega Rising (Omega Force, #1)
  • Soldiers of Fortune (Omega Force, #2)
  • Savage Homecoming (Omega Force, #3)
  • The Enemy Within (Omega Force, #4)
  • Return of the Archon (Omega Force, #5)
  • Secret of the Phoenix (Omega Force, #6)
  • The Human Factor (Omega Force, #8)
  • Revolution (Omega Force, #9)
  • Legends Never Die (Omega Force #10)
“They're sending a ground shuttle out to the pad since the surface temperature is negative two hundred and fifty-six degrees Kelvin.” 0 likes