Start by marking “Guarding Midnight, Canadian Muscle 1” as Want to Read:
Guarding Midnight, Canadian Muscle 1

Guarding Midnight, Canadian Muscle 1

Being the hired muscle just got a whole lot harder.....

No one knows sacrifice better than former Army Sergeant Gavin Bennett. He’s witnessed firsthand the emotional, physical and mental toll of being caught in the crossfire. Being a bouncer-slash-bodyguard may not be Gavin’s dream job, but he’s willing to do just about anything to help out family. When Gavin reports for
ebook, First, 85 pages
Published April 1st 2015 by Evernight Publishing (first published March 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Guarding Midnight, Canadian Muscle 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guarding Midnight, Canadian Muscle 1

Start your review of Guarding Midnight, Canadian Muscle 1
Stephanie
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had been waiting to read this book for months and I'm so glad that I finally got an arc copy from Kacey!! This was an amazing book the background story was amazing and the main character and background characters i fell in love with them right away. I couldn't put this book down.. I loved Gavin and Shree they make a great couple together. And Gavin is hot, muscular and a solider what more could you ask for. What more could you ask for? I would recommend this book to everyone who would love ...more
Beckey
Received for an honest review

Kacey's newest release doesn't disappoint. The story will pull the reader into a wanting to find what is next even though I kind of figured out a possible how earlier on but the when... Oh goodness... That was unexpected as well as few other parts...

The characters, plot and storyline was amazing, overall this was an easy contemporary romance that will have some enjoying on how the story unfolds.

five stars

Jody
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ms. Hammell's Canadian Muscle series gets off to a rousing start with this exhilarating blend of suspense and eroticism. Add in a drool-worthy hero who is a born savior and an independant woman with a damaged past whose combustible connection scorches the pages and you have an exciting and fast-paced read.

As a reader who loves scarred heroes I was instantly drawn to Gavin with his limp and damaged hearing due to his wartime duty. In promise to a friend he starts working as a bouncer/bodyguard in
Julie Barrett
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Guarding Midnight is a exciting read that draws the reader in and keeps you gripped right until the end. The plot is exciting with lots of suspense and danger as well as a wonderful romantic storyline that is full of love and lust. I really enjoyed this book, the story flowed really well and the main characters were likable and realistic. This is the first book in the Canadian Muscle series, and I look forward to reading more books in this exciting series.

Shree is running from a dark past and is
Love Africa Book Club
Kacey has written a fabulous story filled with fast-paced action and suspense as well as sizzling romance. If you've never fallen in love with a soldier, you will fall in love with Gavin.

Gavin is a soldier who has been retired from active duty following his rescue of three children in Afghanistan and being impacted by an explosive device. Now, his recovering from the permanent physical injury as well as emotional scars. When his best friend asks him to watch over his sister who is being
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
I had never read anything by Kacey Hammell before but this book sounded great so I just couldn't wait to read it.

This is a sexy and quick read (at about 132 pages) that sure kept me reading and I didn't want to put it down. Good thing this book isn't a long one because I ended up starting it at around 10pm and I just couldn't stop reading.

Guarding Midnight is very well written with amazing plot and story line.

I highly recommend this.

at Romance Authors at Large Hot Reads
This sexy read is not only faced paced, but full of suspenseful action. Ms. Hammell quickly draws you in with complex characters, and a plot that sneaks up on you. I read this novella on my flight home from Ottawa which is one sitting. If you're on the hunt for a series that's hot, edgy, and a dose of suspense, you'll want to read this book!
S.J.
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that will consume you. So good! The characters grabbed my interest immediately and I couldn't put the book down. I had to know what happens. From that sensual first kiss through terrifying suspense filled moments, Kacey Hammell's writing will pull you in. This is a must read. I'm definitely looking forward to more Canadian Muscle.
Kayleigh Malcolm
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fully admit I bought this book because of the cover. Happily, the story inside was just as hot :)
The story is fast paced, the characters are well rounded and believable. I thoroughly enjoyed this and am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Nicole Laverdure
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kacey Hammell just took me for a spin with her novella, Guarding Midnight! It's a fun suspense with a touch of eroticism! Loved the plot and the two charming characters Gavin, an ex soldier, now forced to work as a bouncer, to help his family. Enters Shree in his life! Both are broken souls, will they take a chance at loving! This novella had everything to please me! I could not put it down!
Shirley
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. This story sucks you in. Throw in a sexy good guy who comes to the rescue of women in
Distressed, then throw in some really bad guys and a few more good guys you then have Guarding Midnight.
Looking forward to more stories from Canadian Muscle men.
Andrzejewski Amy
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book ive read of Kacey Hammel's. Fornit being a novella it was load full of lots of suspense, romance and spicy hot sex. Its had to be one of the best contemporary romance's I've read in a while.
Gavin was an injured army vet working as security at his friends sister's erotic dance club. When Gavin began working he had no idea what he was getting into. He knew he was there to protect the Midnight, main star and Charlotte aka Charlie from uncertain terror. Hagen who was pushing
Vickie Chaisson
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guarding Midnight has some of the best characters I've read lately. You have the recently retired due to injury military man Gavin, the exotic dancer Shree aka "Midnight" , club owner Charlie and some really nasty bad guys.
The chemistry between the main characters is off the chart. They both know better but they cannot stay apart and their relationship builds at a steady pace. The suspense level and the escalating danger to all the characters keeps the story moving along. I will admit I had a
Monica
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

I'm not familiar with this author and don't read Contemporary all that often. However, I did enjoy this book and it was entertaining and read in 1 sitting. I've read a few bodyguard/dancer books over the years and this was a bit different and I really liked it. Gaven and Shree have had a time of it in their own pasts which kinda made them perfect for each other and together they can overcome their pasts and get through the s*** storm they are
Jill
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story was full of suspense, mystery and a hot couple. Gavin and Shree both have traumatic pasts that they can't escape but maybe together they can overcome it. That is until someone wants to take over the club they both work at ad threaten everything. Shree and Gavin didn't expect to fall in love but sometimes the best things happen when you don't want them to or when you stop looking. I couldn't put this book down until I finished it and need to go read the next one right now!!!

I received
Jessica71208
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love a wounded hot alpha ex military romance with some suspense in it this book is for you. This was my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it. Not only did we have strong alpha males but the female characters we're all so strong. While this was a novella the author did a great job it's still having a full and complete story. If you're looking for a short read that feels like a full-length novel with some hot characters and some suspense you will want this book.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
I really enjoyed this book,. The author blends romance, and suspense to create a captivating story that I couldn’t put down. The characters are complex as believable. I look forward to reading more in this series.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Amanda Campbell
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Kacey Hammell book and I loved it. I loved the chemistry between Gavin and Shree! The story was great, steamy, real and have a few twists I didn't see coming. It is a great start to a series and can not wait to dive into the the rest of the series. Great start to a series!!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A sexy suspense romance that left me breathless. I really enjoyed this fast paced story. The characters were enjoyable to read and the tension between them was on fire. I loved how strong willed the characters were they fit perfectly together.
I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
Mona williams
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing! almost brought tears to my eyes. she went through hell now she doesnt trust men. hes fighting his own demons from the war. he is hired to protect her. along the way feelings happen. how far will they go? read to find out.
Tina
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shree has pulled herself up by her bootstraps. She has almost completed getting her nursing degree. She is so close to obtaining the start of her goals she can taste it. She doesn’t have time for love. But meeting Gavin takes her slightly off course. Gavin isn’t looking for love. He is just helping out a friend while he tries to figure out life outside of the military. Especially since an injury cut short the career he saw for himself. Shree isn’t what he expected. And getting her to listen is ...more
Kali Willows
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When does a hero stop being a hero? Kacey Hammell pens a gripping tale of a retired soldier, wounded and struggling to find his path once again. When a buddy calls in a favor, he sets out on a new mission that brings him face to face with exquisite beauty, riveting danger and nail biting suspense. The heroine is a survivor of her own accord, has a plan, incredible talent and unwavering determination.
Gavin is a fierce protector whose arms I want to be wrapped in to shelter me from evil. Shree is
Lisa
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is good ... it's not a full length book but it is a complete story!
I bought this for several reasons ... I love finding and supporting CANADIAN romance authors
and the synopsis was exciting, thrilling, sexy!
honestly, I was hoping for more from this story ... it was entertaining but I was a little let down! not sure I can explain that without spoilers so lets leave it at that.
I wasn't enamored by the characters ... the sexual relationship or the storyline ..
maybe if it had of been a
Jessica Subject
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous story filled with edge-of-your-seat suspense and pure, raw sexiness. I enjoyed this title from beginning to end. And the playful banter between Gavin and Shree seemed so realistic. Since this is the first title in the Canadian Muscle series, I will definitely be buying the next. Can't wait!
Michelle Roth
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a sexy, fast paced thriller of a book. I loved the fact that neither the hero or heroine were picture perfect. They both had pasts, so even while they were fighting something outside of themselves, it was fulfilling to watch them battle their own demons. I highly recommend this book <3
Amy Miller
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. The characters were amazing and the suspense throughout the book held me on edge. A definite must read!
Gemma
Jun 09, 2015
elaine
Aug 27, 2016
Lynsi
May 13, 2017
Avid Reader. Romance Author. Redhead…

Canadian-born author Kacey Hammell is definitely a book-a-holic. A romance reader from a young age, she fell in love with happily ever afters. These days, as a multi-published erotic romance author, she enjoys adding a lot of heat, sass, and emotion to the many genres she writes.

Mom of three, Kacey lives her own happily ever after with her perfect hero in