Start by marking “Leaving Flowers (Seeds of Tyrone, #1)” as Want to Read:
Leaving Flowers (Seeds of Tyrone, #1)

Leaving Flowers

(Seeds of Tyrone #1)

Shy and awkward since childhood, Aidan Degas is now a man lost. His twin—Aidan’s other half, Nadia—died tragically young, leaving him with nothing to get him through his days but his job at the prestigious Grand Heights Luxury Apartments and the flowers he lays upon her grave. When Aidan is assaulted on the job by a tenant, it’s the graveyard he turns to for strength and s ...more
Published May 1st 2015 by Beaten Track Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Leaving Flowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaving Flowers

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I'm stuck somewhere between 3.5-4 Full-O-Feelz-Hearts on this one. Overall, an enjoyable read as well as a good maiden voyage on two new to me author's ships.

I'm not a crier. I don't like it. It makes me all splotchy and... it's just not pretty, so I avoid it at all costs. Leaving Flowers can be depressing at times with how grief stricken Aidan is. It was palpable, but I didn't cry. Then again, I'm kind of a hard ass so take that how you will.

Aidan and Paddy tell their story together with alter
Siôn O'Tierney
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I married Raine O'Tierney when we were both one week out of high school, because I loved her passion, I loved her stories, and of course, for that promise of those sweet, sweet writing monies. While she's not yet got me set up well enough to quit my job, those other two bits are alive and well, and very present in this story.

I don't know Debbie McGowan much at all, and I've only read a couple of her stories, but from what I do know and what I have read, I can see why these lovely ladies write s
Kristan
This story tackles a heavy, but rarely thought of issue of female on male rape. It happens, more often than anyone would care to admit, and the shame that the victim feels is clearly reflected in our MC Aiden.

Aiden is cast adrift after the death of his twin sister. She was his protector, his other half, the outgoing one, and incidentally the one who pushed Aiden into a lot of his decisions. She was more than just his rock, and the loss of her in his life has Aiden struggling to get through his
Dee Aditya
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes long books and a generous helping of angst to go with it
4.5 rounded up

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Leaving flowers, written by Raine O'Tierney and Debbie McGowan, is a beautiful, drama filled book about two people who meet in a cemetery-- one is a man who's still grieving his twin sister, and the other man in the groundskeeper.
This book is full of feelz. Waves upon waves of feels. OCEANS of feelz.

Aidan Degas is still reeling, unable to cope and heal even after years have passed after his sister died in childbirth. O
Jor Barrie
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Others have already described the book better than I ever could, so I won't go there.
What I would like to share however, is the effect this book has had on me. I have suffered from PTSD for years, and as a result I had become extremely emotionally detached, in a futile effort to protect myself.
Debbie McGowan's book 'Checking Him Out' caused the first big cracks to appear in my armour, but 'Leaving Flowers' blew it to smithereens and finally put me well on track of becoming human again, for whi
Ron-michael
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars for me!

Aiden Degas is a 27 year old who is barely living through his grief. He lost his twin sister 3 years earlier while she was delivering his niece, who also died. Formerly in medical school, he now works as a handyman in an exclusive apartment building, and lives in a tiny apartment below the stairs. It seems the only thing he does outside of work is visit his sister's grave.
Patrick Williams works as a grounds keeper at the small cemetery, and finds himself drawn to Aiden every tim
A.M. Leibowitz

As a fan of both authors from the moment I picked up each of their books, I was thrilled to see this collaboration. It delivered on every promise I've come to expect from these two fantastic writers.

When we meet Aidan, he's so lost in grief over his sister's death that he seems to be barely managing his life. Over the course of the story, it becomes obvious that this isn't strictly true. I appreciated the way Aidan isn't really painted as someone needing rescue so much as someone in need of trus
Lisa
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book full of feels - heart-aching mourning, loss, in-decision, healing, discovery, acceptance and peace.

Aiden, struggling with the death of his twin sister during childbirth, is stuck in a downward spiral, locked in a time-warp of grief. Nadia was the extrovert, his advocate and protector and he was lost. Patrick is the groundsman at the cemetery where Nadia is buried and thus begins Aiden's journey to discovery, acceptance and finally, peace.

This story was like a gentle stroll throug
Grammar*Kitten
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leaving Flowers sees us meet Aiden and Patrick, two unlikely to meet but lovely men, who cross paths in a cemetery. While Patrick works there, Aiden is lost in his years-long grief for his dead twin, and an unlikely attraction between the two sees the start of an incredible journey.

The character growth in this book is quite astounding. When we first meet Aiden, I couldn't help but dislike him. He seemed to be one of those kinds of people who just lets life beat them down and does nothing to try
Tina
May 31, 2015 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Didn't work for me. DNF at 30%, no rating.
Marinieves
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful story about love and forgiveness. Understanding that sometimes life is hard but you can keep moving forward.

Love it !!
Farrah
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful, heartbreaking, amazing love story. I cried though most of it. Enjoyed it!
Lorraine
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, but have to admit that there were times I had tears in my eyes. The distress, grief and severe anxiety that Aidan suffered were brilliantly written, if painful to read and Paddy was excellent.i could imagine his green eyes twinkling so vividly, especially when he spoke in his native accent.

Aidan is grieving, has been grieving the loss of his twin sister for 3 years when he meets Patrick (Paddy) in the graveyard. Paddy is one of the men who work in the graveyard, tendi
Aerin
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
It had good parts but it was mostly too boring for me. The mourning was sad and honestly the best part of he book. The relationship between our MCs was a bit lacking and too sweet. Too much "my love".......
Tammy
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a beautiful story of heart wrenching loss, growth, forgiveness and letting go. Patrick was such a sweet gut and exactly who and what Aidan needs in his life. The love story is slow to build but worth every page! Beautiful!
Amanda
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful bitter sweet romance.
Inked Reads
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FiveStars
Zane Kage
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3
“Leaving Flowers” is a bittersweet and moving story, a snapshot of life. With Patrick and Aiden, while I do see some of the traits I’ve seen in other MCs of these two authors, this is neither the sweet romance I’m used to from Raine O’Tierney nor the quirky/funny love story I associate with Debbie McGowan.

This is the tale of a broken young man and the steps he takes to put himself back together, and the courage and love he finds in the unlikeliest of places. Aiden for me was walking sadness. My
Mandie Foxylutely
This was a lovely, gentle, unassuming m/m romance that left me feeling content at the end.

Aiden is still struggling to cope after the death of his twin, Nadia three years ago. Nadia was the outgoing and sassy of the twins whereas Aiden was the more demure and insecure. Her death has left him feeling lost and with no one to guide him anymore. He visits her grave nearly every day, taking her fresh flowers and talking his troubles over with her at the graveside. He is having a difficult time at wo
Kara
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This book was so hard to read with what happened to Aiden and everything he went through.
There is something that happened to Aiden that honestly does not get brought up a lot and it should. Because it does not only happen to woman, it happens to men too and you rarely ever hear about it.

So here is a warning, some parts of this book may be hard for some to read I know it was hard for me to read..
This is a story about Aiden's pain from losing someone he loved his twin sister and the pain of him
Molly Lolly
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original review on Molly Lolly
Five stars!
This book! Oh my gosh this book is amazing. Aidan is such a beautiful man, but he’s broken and needs help being put back together. Patrick is an amazing man and shows Aidan he doesn’t need someone to make him strong. He’s strong all on his own. I cried so hard through some parts of the book. Laughed out loud at others. There is so much emption in this story. I loved how the side characters all fit together into a wonderful family. The ending is so beautif
Elisa Rolle
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leaving Flowers by Debbie McGowan & Raine O’Tierney: http://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwid... 2015 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Tess
DNF at 40%, had problems connecting with the characters.
Monika
I don’t know why I didn’t like this story more. The main characters – Patrick & Aidan – were likeable, the story is full of angst – which is something I love – at the same time there were parts that were really sweet, a perfect combination. The story flows and the plot is a good one. So what went wrong?

I was never able to completely connect to Aidan or Patrick even though their characters are likeable. The little I knew of Aidan’s life is sad and depressing and it should have ripped my hear
Natalie
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glad I didn't DNF it.

This ended up being quite a lovely story. It was about loss and sorrow, and realizing you don't forget, even when you decide to move forward. It also tackled the rarely acknowledged subject of female on male rape. It was handled very well in this story and showed the way that men have been programmed to think by our culture. Patrick and Aiden's love story was quite nice and Patrick was shown as very supportive and wise.

The things I didn't like included the rapid progression
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

**copy provided by author/publisher via Pride Promotions in exchange for an honest review*

I LOVED Patrick, but if I'm honest I didn't connect with Aidan. He kind of got on my nerves and I found him annoying. I loved Patrick's parts of the story so much more.

The relationship moved WAY too fast. It practically moved at warp speed. I would have loved the main characters to get to know one another better. I would have loved things to move a little slower, and more naturally.

It was too sugary sweet
Angie
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Inked Rainbow Reads Review Team~
3 stars for this M/M
This book touched on two sensitive subjects. I am not sure why but this book just didn’t do anything for me. I was bored at times and would end up skimming some pages. Then other times I was into the book and right there in the moment. It seemed to me that when it was Patrick talking I was there, but when it was Aidan’s POV I checked out. I am not sure if each writer took over a charac
Andrea
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
The characters were great and really well developed, it was the plot which didn't work for me. It jumped around and didn't seem to flow together. Looking back, all the plot points make sense and should have helped to develop the story, but it didn't seem to do that at all when I was reading.

I loved Patrick and he was so good for Aiden. I never got what Patrick saw in Aiden or why he seemed to fall for him so fast.
Elsbeth

BR, May 28th with Paul, Julie and Momo.

It took me forever to finish this book!!

Loved Patrick.. I didn't really connect with Aidan.Too much drama lama...

I didn't like this book very much..

Christine
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good story with a very different thing happening than im used to (the older lady coming onto Aiden.....mmm just blah) that said I enjoyed the beautiful and sometimes sad romance that was happening between Aidan and Patrick, well done definitely worth a read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Mask (West End #2)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Stripped Bare
  • Full Disclosure (Hollywood #3)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #5)
  • Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • How To Liv
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • The Marrying Kind (Owen & Nathan, #2)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Hidden Truths (The Hidden Series, #1)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • Spurs & Stilettos
Author, publisher, social scientist.

Seeds of Tyrone (3 books)
  • Where the Grass is Greener (Seeds of Tyrone, #2)
  • Christmas Craic and Mistletoe  (Seeds of Tyrone, #3)