Start by marking “The Vampire's Assistant (Vampire Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire's Assistant (Vampire Chronicles, #1)

The Vampire's Assistant

(Vampire Chronicles #1)

Jon Brighten had a brand new college degree, a student loan dogging him, and a spot to sleep on his sister's couch. He knew needed to find a job and move out, especially when he heard that his sister and her husband were expecting a baby. It was time to find his own place, but first he needed a job.

Applying for the personal assistant position to the reclusive Nikolas Vaile
Published March 19th 2015 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

P
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Total rating : 3.5 Stars

It's fun to read.Sexy and hot love scenes.
The story is lightsome.Maybe it could be better if this book is a full-length novel.
Cocktails and Books
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love to read books by Stormy Glenn. She's always writing something unique, and I actively seek out unique stories. I've never been disappointed in Stormy.

"The Vampire's Assistant" has a neat concept. Jon is dead broke with no job, and he's been crashing at his sister's place for quite awhile. He's finally got an interview, but everything that could possibly go wrong goes wrong. The final straw was an old woman slipping on some ice and landing right on top of him. He broke her fall, but he mis
Jacq ~
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This one was a sweet read, but had som confusing parts.

A Lite short and sweet read!
Serena Yates
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015, vampires, gay
In a supernatural variation on “rags to riches”, this is a story about hope, finding your true love where and when you least expect it, and the overpowering charm of a centuries-old vampire who suddenly finds himself at the mercy of a human man unwilling to take his “importance” too seriously. Told with a great deal of humor, ‘The Vampire’s Assistant’ is a sweet romance with a touch of suspense and a lot of heart.

Please find my full review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
Phaney
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Really? You wake up in a stranger’s bed, in his arms, and he is reluctant to even allow you out of his embrace, and your first thought is, “Oh, I must have fainted. How embarrassing.”
Admittedly, our boy does not notice the bed right away, but do people frequently lie down to cuddle with strangers who fainted? What else have I missed out on in my life?

It’s vamp man though who takes the cake for not even communicating the basics of what happened to this human who has no idea of anything, but inste
Candice
2.5 Stars

I liked this, but I didn't care for Nikolas. He didn't explain ANYTHING to Jon :( Not to mention Nikolas flippin attacked Jon.
Christy
I absolutely adored Nikolas and Jon’s story. After having met them, so to speak, in ‘Stormy Glenn’s Convention’ I really wanted their backgrounds because Jon appealed to me immediately. Particularly considering he’s human and yet all the vamps seem just a little wary of him.

This was such fun. A definitely humorous and sexy tale. Now, I’m going to jump into the sequel.

Because I can. Stormy finally wrote it. LOL
Cecilia Rodriguez
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

Hc
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
I felt almost like the movie started and I missed the first 20 minutes and kind of play catch up.

Plus.. rajaaka and petjya? weird ass names that I'm guessing on how to pronounce..even found meself sounding it out back to back a few times like I'm stuck on repeat.

The name... Jon isn't the assistant... after bonding he 'tells' Nik that he should be his assistant but still doesn't feel like the real deal. And the multitude of incidents makes Louis as head security questionable, which Jon mentions b
~RMG
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Meh...
Agnese Šteinberga
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was ridiculous. It's like a sugary cotton-candy: extremely sweet with no substance whatsoever, that makes your teeth ace the longer you consume it. I read it, got some enjoyment, but it was short-lived and empty.

There is no romance, the pace was all over the place, jumping from one event to another, sliding from happy to frantic mood without any prompt or reason why.
Characters changed the way they interacted without giving us a reason, like all the relationship and bonding thing happened so
Debbie Benson
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jon saves Penelope from a bad fall and in return, she calls him about a job offer. When Jon hands over his resume, he gets a papercut. This leads to him being bonded to Nikolas who is both the CEO of Vaile Industries and leader of the vampire tribe. Jon leaves for a while but returns to Nikolas's side. They fall for each other and Jon accepts being Nikolas' rajaaka to his petjya which is like being married but much more. They deal with rogue vampires and a sleezy step father as they explore thei ...more
Lioness7
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun short story. It was quick to read and had me giggling. I loved the whole concept of someone going to interview for a job and finding out there are vampires in the world. I also loved the whole being mate to the head vampire.

My favorite thing about the book was Jon's attitude though. I loved how he was so spunky and didn't take crap from Nikolas. I also loved how he interacted with the head of security. It just made for a very interesting read that was light hearted.
Nessa
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very creative and enthralling read. I loved Jon and his relationship with Nikolas (vampire). They were so cute together and I found Jon to be quite humurous and adorable a majority of the time. The writing was excellent and the pace flowed nicely. The characters were fascinating, especially Louis, and I'm excited to read the next book in the series. Overall, an amusing and very sexy story. =)
Stella Gladden
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable and interesting

This is the first book in the Vampire Chronicle series. I really enjoy reading this book about the paranormal, and this was very interesting. Who would have guessed that applying for a job, getting attacked and then waking up to find out that you are mated to a vampire. They both went through so much to stay alive, fighting off attacks and attempted kidnapping. I can't wait to read the next book.
llv
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampire
Rating: 3 stars

There really wasn't anything special about this book. If you have read any Stormy Glenn story in the past you know what you are getting. Still, I enjoyed the story for what it was.
Chanel
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
My only complaint: it needed to be longer.
Carrie
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I 💘Stormy Glenn!

Because the author! It was a good book and a quick read. Next about 2read the next1 in a minute
Tera
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites by Stormy Glenn, love both the original and the new expanded versions and really hope she turns this into a series.
Nic
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

This was a quick read. It was pretty cute story. Jon sounded lost and insecure at the beginning but later on sounded stronger and more confident.
Claudia
I was not impressed. at the beginning they don't talk with each other and then suddenly everything is easy
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
How did he amass 13,000 in student loans going to community college?

Why is the mom "older" looking if she's a vampire who doesn't age? Why didn't John recognize her? Why was she so clumsy that she slipped at the bus stop? Why was she riding a bus?

Interesting how different this feels from the book I just read where the idea and timing were very similar. This lust and attachment is working for me. See, when she wants to, Glenn can write well.

Nikolas was upset when Jon left the bathroom but no rea
Hrtnsoul28
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3.5
Was enjoying it until it all of a sudden ended. I know there is a next one but it was really sudden.
Tina
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Stormy Glenn’s The Vampire’s Assistant and a large part of the reason was Jon. He was your everyday man struggling to make it. He was a young new college graduate with tons of debt and living on his sister’s couch. I loved that in spite of the misery of his current life, he still saw the good. He showed common courtesy to others and guess what? It paid off in ways that were unexpected. I love that he stood up for himself even as he found himself in a world far removed from his l ...more
Erin
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Vampire's Assisant

I liked this book a lot. Jon is dealing with a lot of problems. He just got of college,can not find a job easily,staying with his sister and husband on their couch and a poor job market. He helped an elderly woman when she started to fall and missed a job interview. Nicolas is head of his coven and extremely well off. Jon went for a job interview and got attacked by Nikolas during the blood lust when they sent their mate. These two went through a lot of issues they had to d
Gabriella
Nov 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Let's see what we have...
Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance: check
M/M: check
vampires: check
HEA: don't know, as I didn't finish.

What should be added to the list...

Stupid behavior: Does one really wake up in a stranger's bed and feel embarrassed over fainting and then have sex with said stranger, only to be put out for not getting the job?

Editor needed: Younger sister suddenly becomes older sister.
No explanations from the vamp to his mate.
Sex solves all!
Where's the stupid BDSM warning?!

Rochelle
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I loved this book. I loved the storyline and the the authors style of writing, especially with m/m her stories. It flows nicely and it's even throughout. The characters, don't you just love a possessive vampire and his stubborn mate. Nikolas and Jon are just so sweet but really funny as well which we see more later on in the book. And the interaction between Jon and Louis is just hysterical, it cracks me up. However the editing wasn't good and there was quiet a few grammatical errors. Saying tha ...more
Lilladii
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Looking for a fast, short, and quick read? This is a book for you. Looking for simple sweet insta-love with a slice of humor? This book is for you. Lol, while yes, this book is all of those things with a predictability lack of originality and well, no plot, it still gives you a sense of freedom from reality. And, sometimes that is all is needed to just enjoy a book.

I will rate it honestly with a good solid 3.15 stars.
Fan-girl
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
1. This book is not 100 pages it only 96! ( I have a thing about paying for books under 100 pages.)

2. There was no plot resolution, it was like the book ran out steam.

3. There was no build up just I see it I want to do it. No romance no nothing.

I've loved the Glenn books in the past but skip this one read some free fanfiction you'll feel better about it.
LeeAnn
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story. Just the right amount of angst, fear,ass whopping and love. Love the relationship between Jon and Nikolas! The Louis/ Jon love/hate/fire/fear dynamic was hilarious.Couldn'put it down once I startedbreading it. Excellent story! Highly recommend this story. I really hope Louis gets his story told.

• Million-Dollar Mate (Brac Pack Next Gen #11)
  • Kissing Orion (A Vampire's Kiss #1)
  • Frankie's Vamp (Hot Encounters #1)
  • NOT A BOOK: Saving Sean (Christian's Coven, #11)
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed #3)
  • Taking Revenge on His Mate (The Pregnant Mate, #7)
  • Stefan (The Marius Brothers #3)
  • The Vampire's Special Lover (Wolves of Stone Ridge #16)
  • Eastern Embrace (King's Command, #2)
  • Driven Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #2)
  • Dare to Love Forever (New Vampire Justice #1)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up

Vampire Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Vampire Chronicles, #2)
  • The Vampire's Touch (Vampire Chronicles #3)
  • The Vampire's Duty (Vampire Chronicles #4)