Start by marking “Rituals (Cainsville, #5)” as Want to Read:
Rituals (Cainsville, #5)

Rituals

(Cainsville #5)

The fifth book and the exciting conclusion to bestselling author Kelley Armstrong's "impossible-to-put-down" Cainsville series, in which she mixes hard-hitting crime writing with phenomenal world-building to create a brand of fiction all her own.

Olivia Jones must make a choice. Caught between two rival supernatural forces, Liv was granted a brief period in which to make
Published August 15th 2017 by Random House Canada

To ask other readers questions about Rituals, please sign up.
MizBizSav Hi Jade! Yes, the sneak peak of Rituals was with the preorder bonus materials. Kelley does usually post the first five chapters of her novel before…moreHi Jade! Yes, the sneak peak of Rituals was with the preorder bonus materials. Kelley does usually post the first five chapters of her novel before release, but this is typically six months in advance (Feb)... so that's a while to wait! I recommend emailing about the preorder anyway - it wouldn't hurt! Details are here: http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/PDFs/B...(less)

Start your review of Rituals (Cainsville, #5)
Melissa
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
A fitting ending to a great series, and what a rollercoaster ride it's been. Twists and turns in this last installment, with quite a few that weren't even hinted at before giving this series new surprises until the very end. As we turn the last few chapter on Cainsville, I must say I'll miss this odd crew of fae, mythical creatures, mayhem, murder, mystery, traps, betrayals, double crosses and so much more.
Terri Wino
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: year-2017
Let me start by saying that I have loved this series from book one! Liv, Gabriel, and Ricky are fantastic characters each in their own right, but their dynamic together just rocked these books.

But Gabriel has been my favorite since the beginning. He has come so far in so many ways, and this book seals his transformation while still maintaining what makes him Gabriel. I actually felt he made the most progress in the previous book by admitting things to himself, and I feel in this book it was
Maureen Carden
I'm happy I didn't read this series until July, so I only had to wait one month for this book. I'm not sure I could have survived a full year. I set my alarm for 5:30 and there it was waiting for me. "Ah, sweet mystery of life.." Ok. I'll just say it was well worth the wait. Readers were cheated a bit re: Gabriel, but it was made up for by one of the loveliest ending imaginable taking place in Cainsville.
Jess
So, I have sort of conflicted feelings about this book that I'm going to attempt to talk out through the review. If it gets super rambley, please know that's why.

(view spoiler)
Lila
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uf
This book in a gif:

description

Seriously, every little thing was wrapped up and addressed and dealt with.
But to make it more detailed:

- I know that blurb makes it look like that is THE story, but the final book in Cainsville series confirmed what I was always felt about these characters: once you take out the whole love triangle out of the equation, they are actually pretty cool and likable and have more interesting and more important things to do.
So, the whole choice thing. Armstrong heavily touched this
MizBizSav
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
August 20, 2017:
I finished Rituals and I have lots of thoughts!!! I will write a full review shortly! :)

August 16, 2017:
I have picked up my copy and am going to dive in tonight so... see you on the other side.

August 15, 2017:
HAPPY RITUALS RELEASE DAY!!!

August 13, 2017:
Just want to mention before everyone dives into the book... I don't know the exact page count, but some sites are now saying less than 496. The copyright page also indicates this. I think it's around 471 instead. Just so people
Becky
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hollis
I'm so conflicted about how this all went down.

"Can you stall him? Please?"
"Gaze up adoringly at him. Like you did when you first arrived. Call him Gwynn, mighty king of the Fae. He loves that."

If you'd asked me a few years ago what series to start with, as an Armstrong newbie, I probably would've recommended Cainsville. Mostly because it wasn't a giant commitment like The Women of the Otherworld series, it wasn't one of her YA supernatural books, and it seemed dark and edgy and sexy. But that
whitewolfreads
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get one of the few "ARCs" available for this title and I gotta say this did not disappoint! I won't say much about it because if I do then I will start gushing and no one wants spoilers. Let's just say that things you were hoping to happen happen, a lot of loose ends are tied up, and there are a lot of surprises ahead. I'm sad that this is the final book in the series because I feel Cainsville has many more mysteries and secrets to offer our intrepid trio.
Katie
OKAY SO HERE'S THE THING. Kelley Armstrong is just my author. Maybe my favorite author. And I've read almost all of her books. She has her misses for me, but I more or less knew what to expect from this one. For me, IT WAS WONDERFUL. I mean, no, not the plot, but the relationship/character stuff was written exactly for me. I'll be re-reading parts a lot.
K.
Trigger warnings: gore, murder, flashbacks to child abuse.

I was pretty hesitant going into this book. I wasn't so keen on the fourth book in the series, and I honestly wasn't sure how Armstrong was going to be able to wrap everything up in a single book. And yet somehow, she managed it in fine form.

Things start off with the return of a character that everyone thought was dead, so you pretty much know from the get go that it's going to be a wild ride. It's fast paced (despite being nearly 600
Mandy
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
This is the fifth and final book in the Cainsville series.
I have really enjoyed each and every book, and this one was a wonderful end to the series.
There was lots of action, quite a few twists and turns I didn't see coming, and an ending that I loved.
A very strong series of books, from a very good author.
Elizabeth
Aug 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
After a long time without any reviews, I've now worked up enough energy to rant after reading this book. I'm going to spoil everything, so be prepared.

Overall, I was quite disappointed with this. If someone had asked a good series to recommend before reading Rituals, this series would have been one of the first I would have named. But this book made things throughout the series such as plot holes, Olivia's attitude and behavior, impossible to ignore.

There were a lot of analogies involving
Rituals is the fifth and final book in the Cainsville series. I adore Kelley Armstrong. And I am a huge fan of the Cainsville series. Rituals was one of my most anticipated reads of 2017.

I would describe the Cainsville series as part mystery and part paranormal (this aspect has increased with each book).

The main narrator of this book is Olivia Taylor Jones (she is in her mid-twenties). The book is told first person by Olivia. But there are also some third person chapters (Gabriel, Ricky...).

In
Ferdy

It was alright, the best part was the love triangle was finally over and done with. Also, the secondary characters were great too, loved Gabriel/Patrick and the dryads.

The worst part was how Liv turned into the biggest snowflake ever with everyone constantly fighting over her and acting like she was the the most amazing thing ever. Also, the ending was disappointing, Liv's non choice was a total cop out, there were 5 books of the fae and the hunt trying to win her over and make her
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

Rituals is the final book in Kelley Armstrong’s sensational Cainsville series! This series has been so phenomenal I wasn’t sure how she was going to be able to wrap it all up in a way that satisfies and answers all the strange mysteries that make up Cainsville. And in some fitting way, she does answer the big questions but still leaves us with a bit of mystery that
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
The Cainville series has consistently been a series that I can count on to deliver a great story that not only deals in murder and mystery but in legends and lore as well. Full of unique characters and even more unique premises, I have loved this series from the very first book.

I don't even have all my words and thoughts together about how I feel about this book but I loved it, I really did and it is so very hard to say goodbye to these characters that I have loved from the beginning.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Loved! Full review to come!
Stacy
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a solid 4.5, and I ruminated for quite some time whether to go up or down on the rating. I love Cainsville, and I've enjoyed reading and re-reading it, and I have no doubt that I will continue to do so. But while this finale gave me pretty much everything I wanted, there just wasn't that visceral, emotional oomph that I need to plant me firmly in 5 star territory.
What's great:
- Armstrong doesn't string us along interminably on the slow burn that's already taken 4 books to ignite fully.
Tez
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
At first I was annoyed (read my status updates). Then it got a bit boring, because I couldn't easily imagine what was going on (fae have never been my choice of urban fantasy). And I'd already read the description for Rough Justice, so I already knew what Olivia chooses.

I'm so disappointed. A series that started so promisingly (serial killer parents!), went downhill with each book.
Shandare
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A nice, satisfying ending to the series. The ending wasn’t particularly surprising but the journey to get there was a very pleasant read. I would heartily recommend this series to anyone who likes a nice urban paranormal series.
Jennie Damron
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite series and this was a fantastic end to it! I love Cainsville and could picture the city so perfectly in my mind. Olivia, Gabriel, and Ricky are wonderful and well written characters that I absolutely adore. I love escaping into worlds and this series did that for me. Highly recommend this book and the whole series. It truly is time well spent.
☕️Kimberly
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Answers we finally get answers to the big questions. Who would Oliva choose Ricky or Gabriel? Will her parents be set free? Who will she accept, the Cwn Annwn or Tylwyth Teg? Of course, her journeyhasn't been an easyone. Armstrong introducesus to a dark new evil in RITUALS ..but in the end, it was worth it and I devoured this story.

For those dying for answers regarding the triangle that has plagued us since book one, Armstrong removes that from the table fairly quickly and ooh-la-la. I was
Siobhan
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelley Armstrong’s Cainsville series was a series I wanted to read from the moment I heard about the first book. As a fan of Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series, I was more than willing to dive into another series by the author. Thus, when I found out the library had the entire series for me to borrow, I jumped at the chance to dive in.

Omens, the first book in the Cainsville series, sucked me in deep and left me wanting more. It wasn’t quite what I had imagined it would be, but it
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I loved this series don’t get me wrong, but Liv annoyed me. I thought she was too eager to get in bed so to speak with the other party. I liked Ricky and Gabriel. It’s easier to love Gabriel due to his past. And I happen to have a soft spot for broken men. At the same time, when it comes to love triangles, I usually go with the first presented option. While one can make a case for it being Gabriel, he was emotionally unavailable. And Ricky said it right, he gave her everything and not once let ...more
Charlie
Holy freaking hell! That was amazing! 5 fantastic stars!

Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite authors, Cainsville is one of my favourite series and this is now one of my favourite books. I just have no words. The ending was wonderful. I don't know if I should laugh or cry but it was perfect in it's own way. I'm not sure if there's going to be any more Cainsville books but I really hope so.
Kathy Davie
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Fifth and last in the Cainsville urban fantasy series set in and around Chicago and revolving around a woman pursued by the Tylweth Teg and the Wild Hunt. It’s been two years since Liv’s adoptive father died.

My Take
It’s been a complex, slowly unveiling story over the series arc in which Armstrong incorporated a number of beliefs about the fae while using first-person protagonist point-of-view from Liv’s perspective. It’s a fascinating premise, that of fate insisting that Liv/Matilda make a
✨Jordan✨
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 5th book in the series so I’ll just try and summarize how I feel about THIS specific book. Olivia is an only child with very wealthy parents. In her mid 20’s she finds out she is adopted and that her birth parents are convicted serial killers....but are they really? She travels to her small birth town known as Cainsville and meets a bunch of peculiar folk. This series is filled with magic and fairies and fae folk. Full of mystery and suspense and romance this book definitely keeps ...more
Misia Milczarek
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Chelsea
I have been waiting for this final book since Omens first came out. It's been a crazy ride but I think Rituals finished off the series nicely.

LIKES
- The romance was fantastic, as always. I could have used a little more though.
- The plot was full of the usual folklore which I never get tired of. It was interesting to see how all these events in Liv's life were tied together.
- The villain in this book was really interesting. I enjoyed seeing both sides work together for once because the whole
Madison Mega-Mara...: #107-108 Betrayals/Rituals by Kelley Armstrong 1 12 Aug 20, 2017 03:32PM

• Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • A Longer Fall (Gunnie Rose, #2)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
  • The Hunt (Devil's Isle, #3)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Lake Silence (The World of the Others, #1; The Others, #6)
  • Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • An Easy Death (Gunnie Rose, #1)
  • Undone
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Urban Enemies
  • The Brightest Fell (October Daye, #11)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)

Today, she continues to spin tales of ghosts and demons and werewolves, while safely locked

Cainsville (5 books)
  • Omens (Cainsville, #1)
  • Visions (Cainsville, #2)
  • Deceptions (Cainsville, #3)
  • Betrayals (Cainsville, #4)
“You might want to pop your collar."

"Hey if the biker doesn't pop his, I'm not popping mine. Also? We're thirty years past that fashion faux pas."

"Yeah, but it still comes in handy when you're sporting a hickey."

"What?" My hands flew to my neck, and I found the tender spot. "Shit. No, that's not-- I burned it. My hair wasn't cooperating, so I dragged out the curling iron."

"Gabriel has a curling iron?"

"No, I meant--Damn it." I rooted through my bag for concealer. "I'm sorry. If I'd noticed, I'd have hidden it."

"I know." His lips twitched. "It is kinda funny, though, watching you guys scramble with excuses. Gabriel told me you weren't answering my calls because you forgot your phone in the car. Which is about as likely as you leaving your arm behind. He dried his hair so fast the back was sticking up. And then he scarfed down half the food I brought for lunch. I've never seen him eat like that." He smiled. "But I do appreciate he's being circumspect."

"He's not going to wave it in your face."

"No, but we are talking about Gabriel, who never goes out of his way to cushion anyone's feelings but yours. He's being very thoughtful. It's sweet. Just don't tell him I said that."

"I won't." I finished applying the concealer. "Better?"

"Yep." He leaned over for a better look and then stopped. "Is that a bite on your collarbone?"

"Shit! No. Damn it.

Ricky laughed as I frantically applied more makeup.”
3 likes
“I signed off with Ricky, and I was putting away my phone when TC slunk past, heading for his spot in the front window.

"Hey, cat," I said. "We're bringing home a friend for you. A doggie big enough to devour you in a single gulp. Is that okay?"

He turned a baleful stare on me, as if he understood. I'm convinced TC isn't just a cat, no more than Lloergan is just a dog. Maybe someday, when I'm moments from perishing at the hands of an intruder, TC will save me in a sudden and awe-inspiring display of supernatural power. Or maybe he'll decide I haven't given him enough tuna that week and leave me to my fate. He's a cat, so I figure my chances are about fifty-fifty.”
3 likes