Start by marking “Forest of Ruin (Age of Legends, #3)” as Want to Read:
Forest of Ruin (Age of Legends, #3)

Forest of Ruin

(Age of Legends #3)

In a world at war, who can you trust?

The empire rests on the edge of a knife, and sisters Ashyn and Moria are the handle and the blade. Desperate to outmaneuver the evil Alvar Kitsune, whose hold on the people grows stronger every day, Emperor Tatsu begs Moria to put aside past grievances and ally with Gavril—at least long enough to make an attempt on Alvar’s life. Meanwhi
Hardcover, First Edition, 436 pages
Published April 5th 2016 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Forest of Ruin, please sign up.
Amethyst April 1, 2016... But I totally agree with you!!! Loved book 1 and 2 :)

Alyssa

Book Three of the Age of Legends series
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: April 5, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC borrowed (thanks, Liza!)

Summary (from Goodreads):

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong comes the breathtaking conclusion to the Age of Legends trilogy, perfect for fans of Graceling and Game of Thrones.

The empire rests on the edge of a knife, and sisters Ashyn and Moria are th
Abigail
Forever ship Gavril and Moria. I don't care what you say! haha. Like seriously, i was like thinking for an ending where Tyrus will die or something, so that Gavril and Moria can be together?! You know the feeling?

But gosh! I love the series, from the first book up to the last! Gosh, i love the book so much i read it for at least one day! I really love the book, it became my favorite on the first few pages. I love the characters, I love their determination, their friendship. Everything!

But someho
Frankie Lovely
Review to come

Wow what an epic adventure. I feel like I just read 2 books in this one. Lots of shit hitting the fan! I need to process tbh.

Also way to really toy with my emotions there Kelley Armstrong!

To be honest I was less pleased with the way this ended than I wanted to be. This book packed a lot of stuff into one book and it felt a little rushed. (view spoiler)
Catherine Ford
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I am an emotional wreck!!!
When I have recovered, I will write a proper review. But, for now I need time to sob uncontrollably and deal with post series syndrome!
Jaclyn
Originally reviewed at The Book Adventures.

Forest of Ruin picks up where Empire of Night left off: the empire is on the verge of war, Moria and Ashyn are separated and those that they care about are in imminent danger. Having LOVED Empire of Night, I anxiously awaited getting my hands on the final book of the Age of Legends trilogy. Did Forest of Ruin live up to my expectations? Well…no, no, it did not.

As soon as I cracked open Forest of Ruin it seemed that something was different. The tone seem
Halee Denise
The ending is not what I wanted, at all. I mean, yeah, I like Ashyn's ending bUT NOT MORIA'S. I WANT HER WITH GRAVIL DAMMIT
Rebecca
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start out by saying that this is going to be a ridiculously long review and it's going to be unusual in that I'm basically reviewing the YA Age of Legends trilogy in comparison and contrast to Kelley Armstrong's adult Cainsville series. It's more of my own analysis than a review. As someone who has read almost every Kelley Armstrong novel out there and who has been a huge fan ever since Bitten, I could not for the life of me read Age of Legends without assessing it through the prism of Ca ...more
dessie
Review also posted on Samodivas

In the third and final installment of the Age of Legends trilogy, twin sisters Moria and Ashyn get ready to finally face the evil that has unleashed all kinds of mythological creatures to plague the Empire and unravel the mystery around their heritage as Keeper and Seeker of the Spirits. Moria embarks on a journey with once ally Gavril Kitsune back to his father, to find out what his war plans are. Meanwhile, Ashyn is integrated into a society of dragon
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 4.5 stars

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

Check out my series review here: https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/...

Critically
Plot – 4 out of 5 stars
This book is set at a steady, medium pace but the action keeps going. There’s also some mystery in this one, revolving around dragons which is pretty cool. There’s a lot more focus on romance in this one as well and it’s so much easier to understand than the rest of the books have been. There’s t
Carly
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it

Okay I'm sorry, but that was just not good. It was super rushed, the ending was super unbelievable, and I'm super disappointed with who ended up together in the end. From the very first book, and even in the second, this relationship is set up and then all of a sudden: poof! It's gone and now one of our female leads is going to go with this other guy, even though technically she can't be with him down the road because of his status...cough cough. Also, it smashed everything that Kelley
Lorre
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forest of Ruin was a very good ending to this trilogy. It would have been even nicer with a small epilogue 20 years in the future (cause damn, I want to see Zuri all grown up!). I can only hope Kelley Armstrong will write a novella of the charachters' future.
imts
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it
The ship I shipped turned out not to be canon, but ah, well... at least I liked the other guy, even though I didn't ship Moria with him :D
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Forest of Ruin is the third and final installment in Kelley Armstrong's Age of Legends trilogy. Forest of Ruins picks up right where Empire of Night left off. Twin sisters Moria (Keeper) and Ashlyn (Seeker) were raised in a tiny village of Edgewood. In their village, they were the ones who were responsible for keeping angry spirits at bay, and putting them to rest. But, after ancient monsters awakened and slaughtered everyone
Mickala
Apr 19, 2015 marked it as to-read
Sara
Well... That was a let down. I felt like this conclusion didn't deliver what the predecessors promised, at all! The second book had two very specific tasks set out for both sisters, and neither managed to get there...

And no, my ship did not sail. So disappointing.
Bianca Damaso
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
Genevieve
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The ending was not what i wanted ...
Kathy Davie
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Third and last in the Age of Legend fantasy series for Young Adults and revolving around the twins, Moria the Keeper and Ashyn the Seeker of Edgewood.

My Take
On reading the start of the summary as "the empire rests on the edge of a knife", one would expect there to be a lot of tension, but it's really very lightweight. Dramatic, yes, but not enough to keep you awake at night.

Part of that drama is the emperor's command for Moria to return to her jailer. A sweeter drama is Tyrus' sense of honor. He
Aneta Bak
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fantastic ending to a beautiful trilogy.

Separated, sisters Ashyn and Moira must follow their own missions to ensure the war goes in their favour. Found by her grandfather and his people, Ashyn is asked to awaken dragons in order to ensure that King Tatsu can win the war against the Kitsune. Moira is forced to travel with Gavril back to Alvar Kitsune and become a secret spy, and if given the opportunity, kill the Kitsune and prevent the war all together. Will the sisters be able to stop the war
OhWell
This is one of those cases where I really wish GR would allow .5* increments. It is a true 3.5*, and I'm still debating whether to round it up or down. I decided on down for now because Gavril, my favourite character, didn't get the ending I felt he deserved... As much as the author insisted on pairing Moria up with Tyrus for the past two books, going as far as pushing them to a physical relationship, Gavril and Moria will always be the right couple in my mind!

What I liked: the unique world, th
Luna Ana
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Nooo I don't want it to end! :(
I was so hesitant to start reading the series because a lot of people told me it's not good. They are obviously mad!

I LOVE every character. No, no love. I'm OBSESSED with all of them. Okay I must admit I fangirl over Gavril maybe a little bit too much.

The plot is also amazing. It's very fast paced and there is no part that is boring.

The thing I love the most about this series is how it shows friendships, relationships, siblings love and pets loyalty. I can't I'll
Cillian
I'm preordering the shit out of it!

-Kelley wrote it. Enough said.

-I don't care how shallow I'm making myself sound, but that cover made me see stars and cry out for a defibrillator.

-It already sports 1 and 5 star ratings from the usual dumb and dumber and dumfucks who don't get how the rating system works.

There are no ARCs of this book, people!
Holy shit.

Alannah
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good ending!! But I'm so sad to have finished it, I loved this series. Would definitely recommend!
Keerthu
Sep 03, 2015 marked it as to-read
Well book 2 left me at a horrifying cliffhanger. I feel like authors love torturing the readers. BUT I'M DYING FOR THIS BOOK TO COME OUT!! NEED TO KNOW WAT GAVRIL IS UP TO!!!!

1 more month!!!!
Emma
Aug 24, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
APRIL.......I'm gonna die.
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
“Threatened you with what? Forcing you to father children? I’m hardly an expert in the matter, but my rudimentary knowledge of the process suggests that would be difficult.”

Kelley Armstrong might be really good at dismembering fictional bodies, but she's even better at destroying hearts. I cannot remember the last time a book made me cry, but Forest of Ruin had me sobbing so hard I had to pause the audiobook. My heart was already feeling anxious and unsteady, so it couldn't take the expertly thr
Nelly Alikyan
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016releases
*4.5*. My ship for Moria didn’t happen but I’m not mad about it. I loved both guys so I can’t be mad about it.
Rose
I read Kelley Armstrong to be amazed, and Forest of Ruin definitely fit the category. High levels of fantasy, adventure and mystery, the Age of Legends series is finished with a bang, but ends with the soft thud of a door closing.

Moria and Ashyn are two different people. They are almost too much like complete opposites to my liking, but their personalities change as they develop after encounters. In Forest of Ruin, we really see these two girls make very different journeys, a path of self discov
Hope
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
A good conclusion to the series! I just wish that I was more drawn into the plot and the story. I lvoed Moira and Ashlyn in this series and while it is sad to see their story end, I will forever recommend this series! The writing is incredible and the world that you are thrusted into upon reading the first couple pages is brilliant, riveting, and full of adventure!!!
DonutKnow
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)
  • Deliverance (Defiance, #3)
  • Untitled (Shades of London, #4)
  • The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • The Lily and the Cross (The Ring and the Crown, #2)
  • Kingdom of Ashes (A Wicked Thing, #2)
  • Day Zero (The Arcana Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Pretty Dark Sacrifice (Pretty Dark Nothing, #2)
  • Rose & Thorn (Ash & Bramble, #2)
  • Untitled (Wrapped, #2)
  • A Place of Stone and Shadow
  • The Skylighter (The Keepers' Chronicles, #2)
  • The Islands of the Fox (Mirrorworld, #4)
  • The Natural History of Us (The Fine Art of Pretending, #2)
  • Untitled (Many-Worlds, #3)

Age of Legends (3 books)
  • Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1)
  • Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2)
“As they neared the spot from which the noise had come, Moria saw a hand lying on the pathway. It appeared to be attached to a body, which was a relief. Again, these days, one could not guarantee such a thing.” 4 likes
“They caught the sound of footfalls at the same moment, and both stood as a tall figure ran toward them, his blade in hand.

“Stop there, traitor,” Sabre said, raising her sling. “Or I’ll fell you before you take another step.”

“The advantage of a missile weapon,” Moria said.

“Exactly. And it appears he has enough experience with yours to respect mine.”

“No, he’ll only pretend he’s listening, as he talks and distracts, and then creeps close enough to use his sword.”

“I can hear you,” Gavril called.

“Good,” Moria said. “Then you can hear that I’m not under any duress, and you can presume that if our visitor was helping me escape, we’d be gone by now, not chatting like girls at a tea ceremony. Since I know you’ll not stay where you are, you may approach half the distance, then lay down your sword and come closer.”

“May I?”

“Only if you behave. And keep quiet. Otherwise, stay where you are.”

“I think you forget who is—”

“—in charge here? No, Kitsune, I do not. I am in charge, because if you do not return with me, you will pay the price. That is why you’ve accommodated me so far and it’s why you’ll continue to do so now.”

Sabre chuckled. Gavril stalked closer.”
3 likes