Start by marking “Haunted” as Want to Read:
Haunted

Haunted

Within the bounds of complacency, there exists a boring, beautiful sort of peace, and Khalida has found it. Welcomes it, in fact. A nice, comfortable life, with a great job, a good, albeit on and off again boyfriend, a great relationship with her younger sister... She has nothing to complain about.
But that's only if she ignores the sense of unrest that has haunted her eve
Published March 18th 2015 by Warm Hues Creative (first published March 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted

Jazmen
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christina get off of my neck.
Haunted was a paranormal treat. I can say with confidence that Jones can write any genre.

Khalida runs a successful bar/club with her boyfriend, Travis. Everything is perfect; her life; career and her relationship. As a result, she’s bored. She’s tired of her mundane life. Until she meets the eyes of a stranger in her window. The seemingly random stranger has the power to make her feel uninhibited passion, unlike anything she’s ever felt. The gaze in her window was t
Wilki J
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Khalida had it all. A great job and a stable relationship. But there was just an emptiness, a restlessness she couldn't shake. Well, that is until she comes to the sudden realization that dreams can take on a life of their own and ignite desires beyond her wildest imagination. Aram has been restless too, searching for something..someone. His presence shifts Khalida's entire world and haunts her very existence.

Life was...okay.
Life was ..normal.
Until the haunting.

Okay, let's start off on the fact
Love Belvin
I DON’T DO PARANORMAL!

Well, after my read of Christina C. Jones’ “Haunted”, I’m still being haunted! She’s made a fool of me.

I promise you, I can be walking down the street or turning a corner while driving in my car and think about those ‘infinite pools onyx’ eyes watching. I can’t forget Aram’s bruised ego when Khalida wasn’t progressing in her will to remember ‘them’ as fast as he preferred. OMG, this man is a freaking warrior for crying out loud, with brandings and tattoos!

Khalida was key i
Kim
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love a good paranormal story--especially one that is creepy and sexy at the same time--so I was intrigued when author Christina C. Jones began sharing teasers on Facebook of a paranormal story she was working on. The more I read, the more intrigued I became. I finally had to ask her if she'd already released it--the impatient Golden in me just couldn't wait. :)

Haunted - a paranormal love story is very different from Christina's other books, which has been more romantic in nature(contemporary
The CurvyJones
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whooooooooooo girl. I started reading this at work and SOON realized that that was not the place to be reading this steamy, ultra sexy paranormal love story from Ms. Christina Jones. I discovered her by stalking YES STALKING folks' twitter accounts in my search for indie black women authors. I snapped up her Serendipitous Love Series and have REALLY enjoyed her writing-- engaging and down to earth featuring characters of color that I can relate to!

Haunted is a departure from the work that I've
Erin Tanner
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Mrs. Jones' first foray into paranormal. I love Khalida's strong, independent attitude and I so can completely relate to her feeling of knowing something was missing. The history between Aram and Khalida made me exceedingly happy. I love that the author showcased us as the kings and queens we are. And yes, I can't forget about the steamy love scenes. Well written and juicy. Now I'd like to know more about what happened between the heroine and hero before she was spirited away. We need ...more
Dee Cherry
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this paranormal romance as Khalida and Aram's existence was explained. Aram's mission was shown throughout as he was a determined one. Great beginning to series as I'm ready to read about Nasir and Ancelin
Daisa
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a steamy little tintilating read. I feel like Christina was in a "mood"when she wrote this.
Zakeisha Smith
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Undeniable obsessive kinda love

Something different for Christina C. Jones and I enjoyed it. The love shown between Aram and Khalida was intense! The book had the makings of a great story. I felt to many pages were wasted on Khalida and Travis relationship. Once Khalida rediscovered Aram and we got a glimpse of the history they shared the book came to an end I wanted more!!!! I gave the book 4 stars because of the length and I wanted more of Khalida and Arams relationship. I know the paranormal i
UrbanHooks
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An afrocentric take on paranormal...thank you Christina!

Paranormal is one of my favorite genres of fiction. I'm so happy this story takes a non-traditional approach to love and immortality. The intrigue had me from the arrival of the presence that materialized into the powerful and handsome man, Aram. It took some time for Khalida to recall her past, but when she did...honey, I was ALL in! I can't wait for the continuation.
Kim Outlaw
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
hauntingly good

Gosh this was good! I loved Aram and Khalida. I do wish it was much longer and more fully fleshed out. I'm not a big fan of paranormal, but this has so much potential for a thoroughly moving historical fiction piece. I mean this had "Octavia Butler" potential. The chemistry and complexity of the relationship and backstory of the two protagonists just wreaked of New York Time/ US Today/Amazon bestseller. Good Stuff, Christina!
Deena
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Had no idea what to expect from this book, as I've never read anything in the paranormal genre, but I really enjoyed it. Such a beautiful love story. And Aram, Aram, Aram! So fine and so devoted to Khalida. That man was willing to move heaven and earth to be with his woman.

I'm hoping that Ancelin is going to also have a story.

My love affair with Christina C. Jones continues. Please keep the good stories coming!
Nicole Falls
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Teresa Mcmillian
Intriguing Short Read

Haunted is Christina's first book about paranormal romance. It is a genre that I've only read once before, but Christina is one of my favorite authors and I will definitely one-click any story that she puts out. I enjoyed Abram and Khalida's story of past love being reunited. This was an enjoyable quick, HOT read!
Tammy
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent paranormal love story with smart, funny and fine characters of color. None of the violence and shape shifting which truly sets this paranormal book apart from the others. Exceptional first dip into the genre. Christina Jones is a breath of fresh air that gets more enjoyable with each book.
Victoria
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
let me first say..... I NEED AN ARAM... in my life!! This did not read like it was Christinas first stab at paranormal. this was a Very good Para-Read and I'm a para fan. it was fresh and hot and steamy... I Can't wait for the next one!!!
Jos-renee Marks
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've never been into Paranormal (Never) but OMG I loved this story. It was very well written and I could follow along without being weirded out. The author promised me I would enjoy it but they all say that however she was correct and I need more, there has to be more!!!
S.E. Felida
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Make sure you clear your schedule for at least two, two and a half hours before you start reading this one. You won’t be able to put it down! Not a big fan of Paranormal Romance, but Khalida and Aram’s story was enthralling…
Linda D. Christiani
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Linda Christiani

I'm into paranormal love and what a lovely story this was for me! Describing how he loved her both mentally and physically was so hot you could almost feel the truth of it so yeah good work keep them coming please!!
Mel
Wow! I usually am not into the paranormal romance genre BUT this was really good and sexy!
Laurice Harrison
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Different but good

I enjoyed it. I was confused at first but the more I read it the more the love story came out. I love a good old romance story and this was a good short read.
Jaclyn House
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I need more Aram!!! Review to come!
Terra Robinson
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply wonderful!!!

I've been making my way through CCJ's vast catalog over the past year. But steering clear of this title, as the word paranormal turned me off. However, after listening to an old Girl Have You Read podcast that featured Love Belvin, where she stated that audiences sometimes just don't know what they want until it's put in front of them...I decided to jump off the deep end and dive into this story. And I'm so glad I did! It was haunting, sexy, and beautifully written! Aram and K
Lialeh Blue
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting Story

This is my first time reading a paranormal book and I must say it was very interesting. It was kinda weird when Aram kept appearing out of nowhere and making things happen with his mind. Khalida was a mess with how long she dealt with Travis when she couldn't stand him was crazy. I also don't understand how she forgot that she was immortal and a princess. I loved Aram's love and protection of Khalida. I'm glad Khalida finally realized that her place was with Aram all along. I lo
Tynesha King
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprised

So this is the second Christina Jones book where she was completely out the box and I loved it! I was looking to read different genres and paranormal is definitely different. I love his Aram shows his love for Khalida and how even though she doesn't remember at first, she's still drawn to Aram. I am definitely interested in hearing more about their back stories, especially what really happened to both of their parents. Another great Christina Jones work.
Michelle
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Knew it would be great!

Quick read that had you at the start. I'm wondering what became of the sisters kingdom? But Khalida and Aram kept it spicy and very entertaining. Her almost getting caught making love to her man in her mind but to no one in the present. Or Aram toying with Travis and ole boy who stepped to his woman in the club. HILARIOUS. Would you write another Paranormal book?
Nina
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book 3 times and still haven't had enough. It also gave a good pick me up while trying to sort through a part of my story I'm working with.
Its short, its fast paced but delivers. There are some questions left i'm sure the next book will answer but every time I start to sink into it, it finished, what is this witchcraft?
Every woman wants a warrior who will always find her whenever life throws at them and Kalida is lucky.
Hyacinth
I like paranormal but this was different for me. I do believe this is my first time reading AA paranormal. I read more into the story than was probably here from a spiritual perspective. That blew me away. Khalida and Aram's story is as timeless as love itself. For it to be a short story, I was comfortable with how it ended.
Synthia Littleton
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first experience with paranormal.

This story was everything! This is my first paranormal experience and it was intricate, the small details that gave validity to the story were seamless woven into the story. the chemistry between the two main characters was hot. I'm my best Luda voice CCJ has ANOTHER ONE!!!!
Leah Stevens
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Here for It

What's not to like about a Love that transcends time and space? Especially when it's with a sexy Mandingo warrior who can communicate with animals, and is immortal!!!!! It was haunting without being creepy, and was still very much a Love story. Awesome read! Now does Cell and Nadir get a book too?
« previous 1 3 next »

• In Love with Ezra (Love Unaccounted, #2)
  • Afterburn (Commitment, #5)
  • Less Than Forever (Love Always #3)
  • When the Night Whispers
  • You Make Me Better
  • Stay With Me (Ecstasy Island #1)