Start by marking “Kilt Trip (Scavenger Hunting #1)” as Want to Read:
Kilt Trip (Scavenger Hunting #1)

Kilt Trip

(Scavenger Hunting #1)

Scotland, 1704
It’s all about that kilt…
Acting on a dare, three English brides-to-be sneak into Scotland for a scavenger hunt, their last adventure before marriage. Mallory wants a piece of pirate's treasure, and Vivianne yearns for a love letter from a poet. But Bridget has more on her mind than the game. She knows life with her evil, blackmailing fiancée will be
Published March 19th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Kilt Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kilt Trip

Start your review of Kilt Trip (Scavenger Hunting #1)
Annette
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
THIS IS REALLY A 3.5 READ FOR ME

This is the first book I have read by Ms Muir. She writes beautifully and I liked her character development.

Bridget, her cousin Mallory and their good friend Vivianne are on an adventure together. They have run away from England to Scotland. They each have a quest. Bridget wants a kilt from a Highlander. Mallory wants a piece of pirate gold. Vivianne wants a poet's love letter. They have disguised themselves as men, with beards and men's clothing. They feel sure
Deb Diem
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kilt Trip is my first book by L.L. Muir, but won't be my last. Ms. Muir has delivered a well-written book and populated it with fantastic characters. Bridget, Mallory and Vivianne set off dressed as men on a quest in Scotland. Rory's grandfather has passed away and he feels he must help the three women. Rory and Bridget's story is loaded with drama, humor, action, suspense and spice. I enjoyed reading Kilt Trip and look forward to reading more from L.L. Muir in the future. Kilt Trip is book 1 of ...more
Stephanie Herron
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I'm not sure I've read anything else by this author but after reading this I certainly plan on it. I normally am not find of stories where you have different chapters with different voices but the author did it so well I did not mind. The three best friend shenanigans did border on being too much but luckily the time when I was about to be annoyed it wasn't there fault. I like that all the ladies were strong characters. The men had their work cut out for them. I thought the ending was
Rebecca Rhodes
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good I couldn't put it down!!!!

So good I couldn't put it down!!!! Literally!!!! I don't say that offer much less leave a review!!! I was hooked from page one!!! I read it ALL the way through in one sitting!!!! It had romance, adventure, war of the sexies or a battle of the wits!!!!! Whatever you want to call it. It made me laugh and cry and I kept swiping the page for more!!!! Cause I just had to know what happens next!!!
Robin
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Meh

I was kinda disappointed with this story.
I love a good highlander romance and this story had promise with not one but three happy highlander ever afters for three lucky ladies.
However, the story just drags on and on with very little romance and it gets rather boring. It didn't hold my interest so half way through I was finished.
On to better reading pastures.
Happy Reading :)
Rosemary Hughes
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three young ladies of the British Ton, take a challenge to go on a scavenger hunt to Scotland. One of the items to be found was a kilt, as an act of defiance, before returning to marry the blackmailing Baron Braithwaite.
The three set off on their adventure only to encounter Rory Macpherson and his friends, and sparks started to fly.
You will definitely enjoy this light hearted romp, through the Scottish Highlands, I know I did.
Patricia Kohler
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent author

I have been looking for new historical romance writers as my favorites rarely release new material. L.L. Muir is a new favorite. The characters are rich and well written, the detail with which the story is written makes the characters come alive. I cannot wait to read private trip the next book in this series. I will definitely be searching for more books by this author.
Kasey Riley
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining

I enjoy a story with good characters and plot twists. This book keeps you wondering up to the very last. Spirited lasses looking for mischief and bold Scotsmen trying to keep up and protect them. Scrapes and adventures keep drawing the reader on to the very last.
Tressia Avellar
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mischief and mayhem! Suggested by grandma?

What a great story, it catches you right from the first chapter which is how I prefer my books to start! So much action and trouble making going on, and a few little surprises that I didn't see coming. I look forward to seeing how the other two women fared with Ian and Connor.
Cynthia Meyerhoefer
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Plot holes

Fairly well written, but somethings don't make sense. Somethings are explained later in the book and are "mysterious", but somethings just never make any sense. It's not a bad book, just sort of confusing.
Katie K.
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Almost five stars...

The resolution at the end was not as satisfying as the rest of the novel, but I still gave it five stars. The humor, the characters, the tension, the action, the dialogs, were all delightful! VERY well-written and worth EVERY minute of reading!
Teresa Keatts
I did not enjoy this storytelling, so convoluted that I just wanted it to end. Why I even bothered to finish this book confuses me. I guess I thought it had to get better the farther I read . . . But alas. . .
Rachel
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romantic Romp

Fun, lighthearted, historical romance with gutsy heroines and brawny but sensitive heroes. Perhaps the characters were a bit more modern in their mindsets than was strictly believable, but it was so delightful, I didn't care that much.
Katie
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

This had laughable moments that popped up in surprise! There was secrecy and denied love, but it all played out enjoyably! I was on the edge of my seat more than once, especially near the end. I so wanted that happy, joyful, and being loved ending! Highly recommend!
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute

A very sweet and cunning adventure with an awesome girl group. Paired with ever the wiser, Scottish men! What more could there be. When all was revealed the plot just about broken my heart.
EvilAntie Jan
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highlander and High Adventure

No one writes a story like L.L.Muir. This was an incredible story of love, honor and adventure. It is such an great story with 2 extreme!y strong characters Rory and Bridget.
Mandi Morgan
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s ok

This book is ok. Kind of slow moving. Didn’t really like how it ends. I didn’t feel like we got enough of the relationship time vs how long they fought each other. So not a bad story just not great.
Rebecca Conway
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great happy ever after story

Wonderful characters and story line. A strong willed female and friends get in one trouble after another. Only to be saved again. Who can resist a handsome and strong highlander? (Not to mention his friends).
Linda Lytle
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
salvaging life and limb

I was engrossed from the start! L.L.Muir did an amazing story. I love Scottish Historicals even the made up ones, the Scottish men and women are so stubborn and romantic at the same time. You're going to love this page turner.
Cary
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great characters and lots of interesting twists. I will be moving on. Also added bonus... it was clean!
Iva Bernard
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute

I normally don't read historical romance but this one kept my interest. Lots of twists and turns and wonderful characters
Elisa
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, that was a bit of a laugh and a fun entertaining read, if you like historical romances with some wonderfully humorous moments you will enjoy Kilt Trip it was good.
Jean Smith
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very close to five star would of liked a longer happy ending, Fantastic writer
Jeanne Johnston
Jun 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Awful. Trite, predictabl. Insipid women. Editing misses galore. Ugh.
Michelle Weitzmann
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

This book was so fun to read, all the situations the girls manage to get in and out of are full of entertainment, looking forward to more, Enjoy!!
Donna
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to the next in August.
SHERRY
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the story, very original. There is comedy, action, romance, and trechery. it flowed well and was interesting all the way to the end. don't miss this one.
Teresa Jobes
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad to be a Scot.

Heavenly highlanders, stubborn English women ,a wonderful and scandalous adventure...lots of fun. I couldn't put it down, almost 4am before finishing.
Skye McNeil
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Would've liked more romance, but it was a fun story to read.
Erin
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, clean romance.

I liked the characters. It moved at an okay pace and was nice to read. I'll probably read other books in this series to see what happens to the cousin and friend.

There were some editing mistakes. Not too many, but it could've used one more edit.

• Scandal's Splendor (Highland Heather Romancing a Scot #4)
  • Highland Deliverance (Blades of Honor #3)
  • Alistair (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #40)
  • An Auctioned Bride (Highland Heartbeats, #4)
  • A Dangerous Deceit (The Thief-Takers, #3)
  • Ronan (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #37)
  • Highland Homecoming (The Fraser Brothers Trilogy #3)
  • The Care and Feeding of Your Captive Earl (What Happens in Scotland, #3)
  • Gregor (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #43)
  • Lady In Distress (The Langley Sisters, #3)
  • High Seas & High Stakes: Series Bundle
  • MacBean (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #30)
  • Fergus (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #33)
  • The Storyteller (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #45)
  • Kilted at the Altar (Clash of the Tartans, #2)
  • Touched by Danger (Sinclair and Raven #3)
  • MacNabb (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #41)
  • Sarah's Duke: and Ellie's Gentleman (The heir and a spare)

Scavenger Hunting (2 books)
  • Pirate Trip (Scavenger Hunting Book 2)