Start by marking “The Half Truth” as Want to Read:
The Half Truth

The Half Truth

Every marriage has its secrets…

Tina Bolotnikov, widowed after her husband, Sasha, is killed in a car accident, relocates back to her hometown on the south coast of the UK, to bring up her young son. Her life back in London with her adored husband is now nothing but a memory; a history to pass onto her son.

DS John Nightingale saw his partner killed in the line of duty and h
Kindle Edition
Published March 19th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Half Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Half Truth

Erin
I couldn't put this down! A great suspenseful romance which hooked me from the start with believable twists and turns and well-rounded characters.
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley and Harper Impulse for a review copy of this book. This is my honest review.

Tina Bolotnikov, was widowed 5 years ago, and is now bringing up son, Dmitri alone. Five years ago DS John Nightingale saw his partner shot down, and he is still trying to catch the killer.

Tina and John's lives collide when information starts coming out about links between their situations five years ago, and John meets Tina to see what she knows.

Tina, clearly is struggling with her grief, and stil
Suze Lavender
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tina Bolotnikov misses her deceased husband terribly. He died in a car accident and she's never had the chance to say goodbye properly, because his funeral was in Russia and she wasn't allowed to attend. Now Tina is raising their son Dimitri by herself. She works hard and also cares for her old neighbor. Sasha used to be her everything and after several years Tina still isn't ready for a new relationship.

DS John Nightingale is feeling guilty because his partner was shot while they were on duty.
sue
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley

This is a case of, how well do you know someone?
But what if that 'someone' was your husband who died several years ago and you are left raising a son.

What about your 'inlaw' family?
What about they're secrets from the past that may have an impact on you and what you think you know.

Then there is John Nightingale is a policeman who is carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders from demons in his past.

How can all this be connected.

I was hooked in really well, bit by bit from this story written by thi
Em
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really good read, interesting action packed storyline and strong characters. The pace was great although the ending a bit quick nonetheless did not take anything away from the plot.
Bonnie
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rhoda Baxter
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I was interested by the end of chapter 1. By the end of chapter 5, I was hooked enough to forget to drink my tea.

I won't spoil the story, suffice to say it was a tense suspense story and I genuinely didn't know whom to trust until the very end. I liked that Tina was strong in that whatever happened, her priority was always her son. She held it together and kept things as normal for him as possible. She also managed to stand her ground without being a stubborn idiot ab
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read from Sue Fortin. As the pace picks up, layers peel away exposing the truth about DS John Nightingale and Tina Bolotnikov's lives, which until now, Tina had no idea were entwined.
As in Closing In, The Half Truth is a fast-paced suspense, with twists and turns keeping the reader guessing. The characters' relationships are portrayed with sensitivity and understanding, and the bond between Tina and her young son is palpable. There are beautiful descriptions and observations th
Sandra
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tina Bolotnikov's husband Sasha was killed in a car crash five years ago leaving her to bring up their son. She relocates back to her hometown from London.

DS John Nightingale's partner was killed in the line of duty and John cannot rest until those responsible are brought to justice.

Reports come through that Pavel, Sacha's brother is back in the UK and we find Tina has connections to crimes she knew nothing about...

A fast paced read with many twists, turns and exciting storylines.. Loved it!
Clare Chase
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow - this was a rollercoaster of a ride. I was totally hooked by Tina’s story, and ended up reading into the night. I couldn’t wait to understand more about her past and how the future would pan out for her. The book was well paced, with a great climax, as well as perfectly timed episodes of high tension along the way. I also loved the way the book tackled the themes of truths, half-truths and lies.
Misfits farm
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
An interesting story of a widow, her "inlaw" family and ghosts from the past. This intertwined with a detective story and a little romance- a perfect balance of genres to make an endearing tale that keeps you turning the pages. Who can you trust and are they telling the truth about past times? An enjoyable read for all
Mandy Baggot
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tina was widowed five years ago and she's on her own with young son Dimitri. John Nightingale is a policeman carrying around a lot of demons. When their two worlds collide the pieces slowly fit together and Tina isn't sure what the truth is anymore.

Suspenseful women's fiction with twists and turns as secrets are slowly revealed. Recommended!
Mishy
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good read and hard to put down xx
Elisabeth
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lovely quick read with action and romance. More in depth review soon at Girl-who-Reads.com
Tara
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Least favorite

Of all of Fortins books this was the weakest. Held my attention the least. Typically there is some sort of twist or multiple twists that keep me reading but this was a basic book. Enjoyable, but not my favorite.
Dawn Howard
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

I really enjoyed this and will be looking out for more books by Sue. Really liked the characters felt like I got to know them
Jane Hunt
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Half Truth by Sue Fortin

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+
Connect on...:
Twitter

Suspenseful and sinister from the first page, this crime orientated, romantic suspense draws you into a world of organised crime and the dedicated police squads that track them down.
Five years after her Russian husband, Sasha, died in a an accident Tina is rebuilding her shattered life, her young son Dimitri, who her husband never saw, is her reason fo
Smitha
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
DS John Nightingale had taken up himself to bring to justice his partner's death in the line of duty. Five years since the incident, new evidence has come up showing that the gang with which they had that fateful encounter might be back in action. John knows that this is his chance to ensure that his partner did not die in vain.

Tina Bolotnikov, widowed five years ago when her husband Sasha was killed in an accident in Russia, is bringing up her son, with just her husband's memories keeping her g
Fran Parsons
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Just okay. Definitely not on par with the others two books I read by this author.
Donna Irwin
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Pretty average tale of gangsters, intrigue and policemen falling for the person they are watching. Bit predictable and not very exciting.
Brooke L Kantor
Arlene Dallas
Apr 04, 2017
Judie Hartley
Jan 11, 2017

• Caedmon's Curse (The Golden Key Chronicles #3)
  • Stable Mates (Tippermere #1)
  • The Kiss Before Midnight
  • The Right Side of Mr Wrong
  • The Passionate Love of a Rake (Marlow Intrigues, #3)
  • Spirited Away (Psychic Detective, #3)
  • #PleaseRetweet
  • The Adventures of Jillian Spectre (Jillian Spectre #1)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • Christmas at Thornton Hall
  • Made in Nashville
  • From Italy With Love
  • The Torn Up Marriage
  • It Started at Sunset Cottage
  • Never Kiss a Man in a Christmas Jumper
  • Trouble in Tinseltown (Summer Flings #1)
  • The Life You Left
  • The Singalong Society for Singletons
I am a member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association, having come through their New Writers’ Scheme, and a part of the online writing group The Romaniacs who all met through the NWS. I am also a member of the Crime Writers’ Association.

Lover of cake, Dragonflies and France. Hater of calories, maths and snakes. I was born in Hertfordshire but had a nomadic childhood, moving often with my family, be