Start by marking “Two Moons of Sera” as Want to Read:
Two Moons of Sera

Two Moons of Sera

(Two Moons of Sera #1-4)

The land-dwelling Erdlanders don't know about her.
The amphibious Sualwets reject and resent her.

Serafay is anomaly, an unwanted outcast from both worlds. Fearing the people who tortured and experimented on her mother's waterborne race, Sera remains hidden and isolated, feeling like she doesn't belong. When she meets a stranger, Tor, another misfit like herself, Sera realiz
Published March 23rd 2015 by Evolved Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Two Moons of Sera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Moons of Sera

Start your review of Two Moons of Sera
Gregory Lamb
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued after reading "Two Moons of Sera Vol 1.," which left me hanging on that unanswered question, "…and then what happened?" The omnibus is the complete collection of all four volumes rounding out the adventurous journey of Serafay and Torkek. Not only is the author a master story teller of fantasy, but in this collection Pavarti K. Tyler includes some interesting philosophical concepts about social conflict.

In volume one the reader is introduced to Sera, short for Serafay, the daught
A Book Vacation
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To see my full review:

Two Moons of Sera—Omnibus, is the complete four part series all in one book. For me, it was like the element world met fantasy, complete with land dwellers–Erlanders, water dwellers–Sualwet, and even a fire dwellers–A’aihea. Segregated and at war with one another, Serafay knows little of any world. Half human and half Sualwet, and despised by both races, she’s lived her life in seclusion for her sixteen years. But today, everything sh
Jaime K
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this in a goodreads giveaway.

This is so much more than the "mermaids vs. humans" I thought it would be. No, this is a possible future, billions of years from now after much mutation & evolution (which seems to be what happened). Or it's just an interesting alternate universe. The language and characters are rich and well-developed, easy to empathise with (even those who aren't really likeable) and I find myself hating to put it down.

There is a war between the two main races, the Erdlanders
Jessica West
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The world building and population are mind-blowing. This author has a real knack for creating new races, and even factions within each race. And instead of any one people being clearly defined as the good guys, she portrays the Sualwet and Erdlanders as two different groups of individuals struggling against one another, both fighting for survival. There's more I'm leaving out so I don't spoil anything, but the creation of the characters alone is impressive.

This isn't your typical dystopian sci-
Airwreckah
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5

Some typos, but a fun premise and neat aspects pf the worldbuilding. The plot felt like it needed more, like I was watching a movie and kept falling asleep waking up to skipped parts.

The inhereited language bit was weird and only partially explained and really it felt like the first half of a story. Then boom! Epilogue in 4 pages skips to the end. I sat there, like, did I miss some chapters? Is this a preview of the next book- I actually double checked.
Melanie Lewis
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible-books
Two Moons of Sera is without doubt the most beautiful book I've ever listened to. It lifted my spirits and I felt like I was soaring high enough to touch my very own ruby moon. PK Tyler has constructed a world of vivid imagination, and the different people that inhabit this world are glorious. On the surface, this is a love story between two people from different worlds. In fact, what PK Tyler has done is remind us about the futility of war and the damage that racism and sectarianism inflicts on ...more
Gaele
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A world with two moons, and a 16 year old heroine who is half human and half underwater creature, with the ability to utilize osmosis to obtain oxygen from the water. A girl with questions about who she is, where she is, and how she will find her place in the world, Serafay has only ever experienced contact with one person, her mother, since her birth. And yet, she is able to read and speak both the language of her mother’s people, and of the human-like people she was taught to fear and despise ...more
Marie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two Moons Of Sera
I purchased a previous version of this story back in 2012, but had forgotten about it until I joined the author’s newsletter earlier this year. I re-added it to my TBR pile and just finally got to it. My review is based on the copy that I purchased.

Overall, I would rate this book (based on my purchased copy) as 3.8 out of 5 stars.

My biggest problem with the version that I purchased was the font size. I have to use one of the larger fonts on my Kindle to read stories – and this f
Lissette
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Born into an unforgiving world, Serafay's life is far from easy. While she may yearn to set foot in the Sulawet kingdom to get to her mother's people, she knows that's something that will never happen. The pair are considered to be outcasts, and are unwelcome in the kingdom. Despite the fact that neither of them are wanted by the Sulawet, Sera is determined to make the most of the situation.

Her life is soon torn asunder when she meets Torkek, an unique Erlander who also wields fire. For as long
Jeff
DISCLAIMER: I'm close friends with the author, and this is in no way an unbiased review. I'm not even going to try.

I have to admit to being delighted by "Two Moons of Sera" (henceforth: TMoS). It's not my usual fare. In fact, I hesitated to read it at all because I have trouble lately with suspending my disbelief when it comes to novels in general, never mind stories that take place in fantasy settings. But somehow Tyler found a pleasant economy between filling out her original world and keeping
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book centered around a girl Serafey, who was half Erdlander and half Sualwet because of experiments performed on her Sualwet mother when she was captured by Erdlanders. Because of her half/half orientation, she was shunned by the Sualwet community and wanted by the Erdlanders for more experimentation.
The book is divided into 3 sections, first her life with her mother in the water, second section is when she hides her Sualwet background and lives with Erdlanders, letting them believe she'd h
Masquerade Crew
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewer: Abha

4.0 on the Masq Scale

Two Moons of Sera is a creative new series about two variant species. The Sualwet are a water people who live and breathe underwater but are capable of coming onto land. The Erdlanders are the people that live on the land. They are at war with each other.

The war between the two species is the back drop for the story of Sera. Nilafay is living in an isolated coastal cove with her daughter Serafay, or Sera. Nilafay has finally escaped the Erdlanders but she is re
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found this book very intriguing. It was a 'take me away' sort of read, which allowed me to really get stuck in the story and feel a part of the world I was reading about.

I liked the characters, and felt that they were very well written. They each had a good level of detail, both in the physical and emotional descriptions. I felt as though I was standing next to each character, watching the story take place. The author gave me enough to easily be able to picture each character and truly feel th
Melissa Ogletree
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for an honest review.
Sera's world is quiet in the small cove she shares with her mother Nila. Half Sualwet and half Erdlander she's shunned by one race and wanted as a science experiment by the other. She knows their exclusion is for her safety but she just wants a little excitement in her life something to save her from her boredom. What she finds is that you should be careful what you wish for!
This book was a quick interesting read that pulls you deep into a new world fill
Susan
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a well written book, this is a good book to read. You can read this as a standalone book. But I recommend you also read Moon Dust which is a short prequel to Two Moons of Sera. That prequel gives more information about Nilafey who is Sera's mother. While Two Moons of Sera doesn't end in a traditional cliffhanger, it does end in what could be a lead in for the next book in the series. There is violence.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book but was p
Veronica
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, first-reads
I won this on Goodreads as a First reads ARC.

Two Moons of Sera was an interesting read. Part YA, part fantasy, the four parts take place in a world much like earth. Through hatred and ignorance the Sualwets and Erdlanders are at war.

Sera is torn between two worlds being half Sualwet and half Erdlander. Not accept with either side, she is in the search to find out more about who she is and why she exists.

Of course, what YA novel would be complete without a love interest? In comes Tor, an A'aih
Candace
Wow. So this was a pretty deep trip, you guys. Honestly, I didn't know what was going on 90% of the time, and to be honest, I still don't. I enjoyed it, though, and look forward to the companion pieces! I'm pretty sure that Lace was my favorite!
Mimi
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is pretty original! It's a good young adult selection. And pleasantly, it's a whole story in itself, with a complete ending.
Ana
Jan 03, 2014
Sharon Mccullough
Dec 07, 2013
USA TODAY Best Selling Erotic Romance Author

Pavarti K Tyler is an artist, wife, mother and number cruncher. She graduated Smith College in 1999 with a degree in Theatre. After graduation, she moved to New York, where she worked as a Dramaturge, Assistant Director and Production Manager on productions both on and off Broadway. Later, Pavarti went to work in the finance industry several internationa

Two Moons of Sera (4 books)
  • Two Moons of Sera Vol. 1
  • Two Moons of Sera Vol. 2 (Two Moons of Sera)
  • Two Moons of Sera Vol. 3