Start by marking “Completely Cassidy: Accidental Genius (Completely Cassidy #1)” as Want to Read:
Completely Cassidy: Accidental Genius (Completely Cassidy #1)

Completely Cassidy: Accidental Genius

(Completely Cassidy #1)

Meet Cassidy. With her embarrassing dad, pregnant mum, loser brother and knicker-chewing dog, she's almost invisible in her family. So she's hoping Year 7 is her time to shine, especially since a test proved she's Gifted & Talented. The only problem is she picked her answers at random. But surely the school wouldn't make a mistake about her genius?

"For fans of Wimpy K

Published March 1st 2015 by Usborne Publishing Ltd (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Completely Cassidy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Completely Cassidy

Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Visit Stay Bookish for more book reviews!

After a long run with only reading Young Adult novels, reading Completely Cassidy: Accidental Genius was a breath of fresh air. I can’t believe it’s been so long since I read a fun Middle Grade book! This one reminded how enjoyable and how easy to read light-hearted tween stories are and made me want to read more hilarious young protagonists like Cassidy Bond.

As Cassidy goes into secondary school, she holds on to the hope of a great school year and the po
Arja-täti
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lapset
Tämähän oli oikein toimiva aloitus. Ei ihmeitä mutta toimii.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely flew through this book, it is most definitely a must-read for anyone who has children starting secondary school in the next couple of years or any child who is in that position. This book is full of humour but also real messages about friendship, growing up and self confidence. I'm already looking forward to the next instalment!

I read this book with some children at school who are about to begin that journey to secondary school and they thought this book was hilarious as well as lot
D.J.
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book after my 12 year old, who described this book as completely hilarious,and urged me to put it on top of my to be read list. He was correct, it is completely hilarious (though I did get a bit teary eyed at the end), and I would highly recommend it to everyone (especially anyone who has forgotten what it's like to be a tween).
Reetta Saine
Rakas päiväkirjani-tyyppistä sarjakamaa, joka toimii vähän pienemmällä väkisintehdyllä huumorilla ja suuremmalla ystävyyden ja muiden tärkeiden asioiden pohdinnalla.

Puolikas tähti päälle.
Myreadingstory
3,5*
Dharkan Tanna
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS A AWESOME BOOK!!!! Super duper funny for readers who love comedy!
Sophie
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at: http://solittletimeforbooks.blogspot....

I was in the middle of reading All the Rage by Courtney Summers and I had to put it down and switch to something a little lighter, a little sweeter and a whole lot more fun – Accidental Genius hit the spot!

I devoured this in one sitting. I zoomed through it in just over an hour and yet I still came out the other side feeling like I had really got to know Cassie and her friends and family. They’re all a little mad but each character is
Stephan
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-related
Den här tog tid. Jag är uppenbarligen fel målgrupp för den här berättelsen.
Boken beskriver en 11-årings liv både privat och i skolan. Bråk med sin storebror, en höggravid mamma som väntar tvillingar, bråk mellan bästisar, en stor talangtävling och dessutom en stor frågesportstävling. Särskilt frågesporten spelar stor roll i berättelsen eftersom Cassidy, mot all förmodan, har fått ett skyhögt resultat på ett viktigt prov och därmed är som klippt och skuren för skolans frågesportslag. Givetvis är
Mintti
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Luin Suomeksi Neronleimaus (Kaikkien aikojen Camilla). Ihan kiva koululaiskirja, ehkä nuorille yläkoululaisille tai kuutosille. Camilla (en tiedä miksei Cassidy?) kärsii aika hurjasta perheestä, äiti on raskaana ja isoveli hurjan ärsyttävä. Kolmen kaveruksen joukko rakoilee kun yksi ystävä jostain syystä alkaakin ihailla isoveljeä, ja se on ärsyttävää. Camilla pääsee hieman yllättäen yhteen joukkueeseen, jossa on myös yksi aika ihku tyyppi ja samalla koulussa järkätään talenttiesitystä. Kaikki t ...more
Peter
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great fun middle grade book about girl friendships, navigating the new world of secondary school, and finding your hidden talent. Cassidy is such a strong character with a distinct twelve year old voice and a funny outlook on her changing life: new friends and social groups at secondary school, and a growing family (her mother is pregnant with twins). It reminded me at times of Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4ths. There are also some hilarious gags - especially in the reply letters Cassidy ...more
Anu
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oikein sympaattinen ja positiivinen esiteiniangstikirja. Eihän se elämä juuri koskaan niin kamalaa ole kuin etukäteen pelkää. Jokainen mokailee ja töppäilee joskus ja toisaalta jokainen on hyvä ja tarpeellinen jossain. Hiukan romantiikkaa ja paljon perhe ja kaverikiemuroita
Vaikka päähenkilö aloittelee yläkoulua, kirja käy mainisosti teinimeiningistä kiinnostuneelle kolmosellekkin. Varsinaista kohderyhmää nelosvitoskutoset.
Vanathy
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
it was the first book I read in the series, and I was gobsmacked. I was introduced to the book by british council library , where when they held the competition, 2016 reading challenge, I thought it might be good choice and after I read it, I was hooked!
Monika Petrova
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Luv that book
Vicki Bowles
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
brilliant book for tweenies. took me right back to those cringey school days when you feel like you don't fit in and everything can cause embarrassment. My 10yr old daughter is reading it now.
Julie Cohen
So much fun! Cassidy's voice is great—she's instantly likeable and I laughed out loud. And I love the message that everyone, no matter how normal, is special. A really enjoyable read for kids.
Limppu
May 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uusi sarja Neropatin, Nolo elämäni jne. lukijoille.
Alia
Aug 28, 2016
Caoimhe Joyce
rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2018
Aug 24, 2016
Jenna
Oct 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Hertfordshire-based writer of books. Lives with one husband, one daughter, one son, one mad chocolate labrador, one aged tabby cat, five gorgeous bunnies. Likes animals (no, really?), Marmite and messing about on stage. Dislikes spiders, celery and arrogant people.

Completely Cassidy (3 books)
  • Completely Cassidy: Star Reporter (Completely Cassidy #2)
  • Completely Cassidy: Drama Queen (Completely Cassidy #3)