Start by marking “Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2)

Like Never Before

(Walker Family #2)

Maple Valley became Amelia Bentley's haven after her heart and her dreams of a family were shattered. But her new life as a newspaper editor is shaken when the small-town paper is in danger of closing. Her one hope: A lead on an intriguing story that just might impress the new publisher...if only she knew who he was.

After his biggest campaign success yet, widowed speechwri
Published April 5th 2016 by Bethany House

To ask other readers questions about Like Never Before, please sign up.
Ann Valdez OH yes! Work around the house did not get started until I fnished the book. I loved it! I thought it was not going to be as good as other Bethany book…moreOH yes! Work around the house did not get started until I fnished the book. I loved it! I thought it was not going to be as good as other Bethany books when I started it, but by page 50 I was hooked and the yard work was on hold!(less)

Start your review of Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2)
Alyssa

Melissa, this book got me right in the feels.

It is safe to say that "Like Never Before" is officially right up there with "There You'll Find Me" by Jenny B. Jones as my favourite Contemporary novels of all time!!

Full review coming soon!
Aerykah
Wow. Such a great read! Fun... and deep. Enjoyable... and meaningful. This is the best kind of book. The kind that makes you cry, but then it makes you laugh. And it has a fabulous ending! What more could you ask for? ;)

First off, I have grown to love the Walker family-- even though some of my family members think I'm a little strange for saying that about fictional folk... "they aren't even real!" :|

Really, though, this family is so lovable! Each has his own place as a minor character and I lov
Beth
I say this about each new book that Melissa comes out with, but each time it's true - this is her best book so far and my new favorite! Her dialogue just sparkles and her characters shine on the page. Melissa's writing grows more and more refined with each book, and it's always so easy to fall into the story and relate to her characters.

In Like Never Before, we get the story of another Walker sibling - Logan Walker, and Amelia Bentley, a tenacious reporter at Maple Valley News - the business tha
Hannah
An absolute delight of a book! I have a problem with Melissa Tagg's writing: I put off reading it because I know it's going to be heartfelt, vivid, and heartwarming. I hold off until I just really, really need a true comfort read. I needed a mostly-orange cover for a challenge, so it was the perfect excuse for a true comfort read.

Highly recommended!
Sarah Grace Grzy
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW. What did I just read??
Andrea Cox
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
by Andrea Renee Cox

Although I’ve looked forward to Like Never Before by Melissa Tagg for a full year, I couldn’t have imagined just how incredible it is. This book blew me away, and here’s why:

Melissa Tagg just went to a new emotional and spiritual depth with this one.

She’s said (in blog articles and in the acknowledgements for LNB) that this book was the result of a difficult creative season and a rejuvenation by God in that same area of her life. It shows. The messages, themes, lessons… whatev
Melanie
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read
As with all of Melissa Tagg's novels so far, I LOVED this book. It was a delightful contemporary romance with humor and great characters. The writing style was very good and made the story engaging to read.

I loved how the book started off with emails and that they were fun to read! Sometimes, emails/notes/journal entries in books are dull, but not in this case -- I had a blast reading them. ;)

All in all, this was a fantastic book. I loved it and definitely recommend it. I can't wait to read Mel
Emilee
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: iowa
Melissa Tagg has written another sweet heart-warming novel. It was an absolute pleasure to read. The Walker's are such a cool family. I just love the whole crew. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Meghan DeWalt
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The latest installment of Melissa Tagg's Walker Family Series arrived on the 24th, and I finished it four days later. And this is only because of a bustling Easter weekend in between or it would have been finished sooner. The mark of a great book...
The two main characters, Logan and Amelia, were secondary characters in the first book and the in-between novella, From the Start and Three Little Words. But one great thing about Tagg's books? You should read the books in order, but you don't have to
Sarita
From the first email between Amelia and Logan, these two had me in smiles or frustrating sighs as they took me along their friendship-relationship journey. Amelia's spunky fighting personality and Logan's love for the adorable, sweet Charlie and "single dad status" (which tucked at my heartstrings), resulted in an enjoyable read.

This author is quite new to me (Only read Three Little Words (Walker Family, #0.5) by Melissa Tagg and From the Start (Walker Family, #1) by Melissa Tagg ) and did a great job of making me connect with the characters, in such a way that I found myself a few times wher
Rachel McMillan
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
adorable !

don't miss Melissa and I talking about our heroes Logan Walker and Ray DeLuca here: http://hillaryonwriting.blogspot.ca/2...
Staci
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
The Walker Family and Maple Valley are easy to love. It was fun to spend time with Logan and Amelia. I loved Amelia's fascination with Amelia Earhart and the letters she wrote to Mary. Logan won me over with his love for his young daughter and his cup half full attitude.
Alicia
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Like Never Before was sweet, intriguing and moving all at once. Logan and Charlie were too cute to handle, and I loved the ending! 4.5 stars :)
Madison
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like Never Before just shines. Every word, every character has been created with care and love and it seeps through each and every page. I loved this book. I laughed, I cried and I wanted to stay curled up in its pages forever. It is lovely to sink back into the cozy setting of Maple Valley, catch up with old friends and enjoy a new meeting of hearts.

While the books in the Walker Family series could possibly be read independently it's probably best to read them in series order to stay abreast o
Caitlyn Santi
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you know me at all then you probably know just how much I LOVE Melissa Tagg's books! Like Never Before was no exception! I was so excited to read this book, having fallen completely in love with the Walker family and the entire town of Maple Valley, Iowa! As soon as I turned the first page I found myself sighing in happiness, and thinking "Wow it feels like forever since I've gotten to visit this town and these characters."
While I liked Logan in book one of the series I didn't fall in love u
Jane
4.75 stars - mild pg13

Loved it, loved it loved it!! It's my favorite in the series so far, and I'm looking forward to books 3 and 4. (The only super-minor complaint was that there seemed to be way too many descriptions of weather changes.)

"It must be a Walker thing --- landing on a dream and making it happen." -- I want to be a Walker!

"Please don't say the word naked." Ha! Funny!

"But I'm starting to think maybe the worst was abandoning God when I needed him most."

"But real faith is bigger than t
Lilian
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: link-has
I didn't like this one as much as the first, and I kind of skimmed the last one-third of it (would've DNFed it but I wanted to see what happened with Charlie).
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Maple Valley became Amelia Bentley's haven after her heart and her dreams of a family were shattered. But her new life as a newspaper editor is shaken when the small-town paper is in danger of closing. Her one hope: A lead on an intriguing story that just might impress the new publisher...if only she new who he was.
After his biggest campaign success yet, widowed speechwriter Logan Walker now has the chance of a lifetime--a spot on a presidential campaign. But his plans are int
Sarah Vanscoyoc
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! I don’t even know where to start . . . .maybe with a really loud, “I loved this book!” all in caps! I came to adore Melissa’s writing when I first discovered her blog 2 years ago, I think. Then I fell in love with her books and she immediately became one of my very favorite authors! I wait all year for another of her books and then cheer when it arrives. They are always incredibly sweet and funny and witty and little heart wrenching all at once. She can take me from laughing, to ...more
A cute story but There were two major things that I didn't like about it.

A) Good grief, that was a lot of passionate kisses. I don't mind some, but it felt a little over the top. Maybe because it just isn't what I've come to expect from Tagg

B) I didn't care for Logan. I know, shoot me. He is supposed to be awesome and all but I never really connected with him. Amelia, I got, but Logan I didn't I especially was upset when toward the end he did the classic "I'm scared of love so I'm going to leav
Cara Putman
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Like Never Before is a warm embrace from the Walkers with the added sweetness of a heroine who feels like your best friend. Amelia just wants a home. Logan just wants to keep moving. Both are burdened by deep pain from the past. In Like Never Before, you will be reminded that love is worth the risk no matter what hurt you in the past. And by opening your heart, you may just find a home. This is another keeper from an author who somehow makes each novel better than the last.
Angie H
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Of course I loved it, it was by Melissa Tagg! I haven't read anything I didn't like by her, and I have read everything she has written. She is an auto-buy author for me!
Can't wait till her next book! :)
Raechel Lenore
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Loved it, loved it, loved it!

This has been the first book I’ve had the pleasure of reading by the lovely Melissa Tagg, but it most certainly will not be my last!
“Like Never Before” is truly one of the most adorable-est books I’ve ever read. And what helps make it so fabulous is Melissa – yes indeed. She is one of the most refreshing and happy people I’ve ever met, and her excitement is contagious!! Being on her “TaggTeam” has been an amazingly fun experience. And truth be told, I was so eager t
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Once again I was happy to be back in Maple Valley with the lovable Walker family, but found myself missing a connection with the main characters and their romance. The plot of the story moves along nicely and I enjoyed getting to know Amelia's tenacious personality and more members of the tight-knit community. She and Logan have a solid friendship and fun banter, but when it came to chemistry, I felt it was lacking that tension and emotion- kind of like watching an interesting movie without the ...more
Gretchen Scott
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oddly enough, this book is the second in this series and for some reason I decided to read it first. I think it was the cover that made me pick it up and go "I'm going to read the second book before the first".

I was very happy to find that it did not give away too much from the first book. I thought this book was super cute. I loved all of the characters. It was one of those books where I found myself laughing out loud or randomly smiling.

I recommend this book to all but, I would encourage you
Lori Benton
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Melissa's books! My contemporary romance reads are few and far between but she's one such author I won't miss. Among many other fine writerly qualities, she has a talent for creating a broader setting/fictional community across several books. You'll want to spend as much time in this one as you can, and enjoy getting to know the Walker clan.
Chloé W.
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars because like Logan I am very type A and over the top organized, yet like Amelia I am obsessed with obscure historical figures.
*cough* Clara Barton *cough*
however, the writing style was confusing at times and it was hard to sort through all of the characters.
Kara
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
SO, so much cuteness and fun! Not sure why it took me so long to finally finish, but I loved it for sure. :) Review to come.
Abbi
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am not even sure how to describe the awesomeness that is this book! I always anxiously await the release of each new Melissa Tagg book but my anticipation for this one was off the charts for many reasons. First of all I swear she gets better with each and every book though I don't know how it's possible considering each time I finish a book of hers I think it's the pinnacle of awesomeness. Secondly I love the town of Maple Valley, I seriously would move there in a heartbeat if only it was a re ...more
Amy
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
'Like Never Before' is only the second in the Walker Family Series, however Melissa has written a beautiful story here. The coming together of these 2 characters - Logan & Amelia is a sheer joy! Logan, the oldest is a widower, living in LA with his adopted 3 year old daughter Charlie. He's a successful political speech writer, with hopes that he will soon be part of a Presidential campaign. His daughter has speech delays, and he is struggling to balance his family life with work. Amelia, has fin ...more

• Her One and Only (Porter Family, #4)
  • A Love Like Ours (Porter Family, #3)
  • Meant to be Mine (Porter Family, #2)
  • My Stubborn Heart
  • You're the One that I Want (Christiansen Family, #6)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • Falling for You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2)
  • All Made Up
  • True to You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #1)
  • Undeniably Yours (Porter Family, #1)
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • Always on My Mind (Christiansen Family, #4)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family, #1)
  • It Had to Be You (Christiansen Family, #2)
  • Then There Was You
  • The Wonder of You (Christiansen Family, #5)
  • When I Fall in Love (Christiansen Family, #3)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
Melissa Tagg is the award-winning author of the popular Walker Family series, the Where Love Begins series and the Enchanted Christmas Collection. She's a former reporter, current nonprofit grant writer and total Iowa girl.

Melissa's recent releases include a Carol Award Winner (One Enchanted Noel), an RT Book Reviews TOP PICK (All This Time) and a Publishers Weekly Spring Top Ten Pick (Like Never

Walker Family (4 books)
  • From the Start (Walker Family, #1)
  • Keep Holding On (Walker Family, #3)
  • All this Time (Walker Family, #4)

News & Interviews

“Sometimes believing is a matter of deciding. Deciding who you’re going to trust and what you know about who you trust.” 6 likes
“When you really let people see you, Amelia–all of you, not just the snow-obsessed reporter–it’s impossible to look away.” 4 likes