Start by marking “The Veil (The Fianna Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Veil (The Fianna Trilogy, #3)

The Veil

(The Fianna Trilogy #3)

Great stones crack and split. Storms will tell and the world is changed...

Seventeen-year-old Grace has found the archdruid who can teach her to use her power as the veleda—the priestess prophesied to save Ireland. But nothing is as it should be. The archdruid is a dangerous fairy, and Grace can’t learn the spells, no matter how hard she tries. Something is wrong...but what
Published August 25th 2015 by Skyscape

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Skyscape and NetGalley.)

“The veleda sees, she weighs, she chooses.”

This was an okay end to the series, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first book of the series.

Grace spent most of her time in Sidhe in this book, so we didn’t get much interaction between her and the other characters at all, which was a bit disappointing really.

The storyline in this was about Grace going missing, whilst everyone el
Lynxie
A fitting close to the Fianna Trilogy, The Veil holds threads of closure, sacrifice and a sweet hint of promise.

Despite wanting Grace to grow up throughout books 1 and 2, I didn't think the fluctuation of growth in this book was realistic. Her reactions were melodramatic and a bit too much, and then the final chapters were almost as if another character emerged.

Derry also annoyed me in this book, but perhaps that's why it worked. Real people make stupid decisions, and despite wanting to thrott
Joey Woolfardis
Apr 19, 2019 marked it as never-read
Read the first book in the Fianna Trilogy, The Shadows. 1 star, therefore will not continue with the series.
Echo
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A satisfying end to the series.
Jillian
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Veil, Fianna Trilogy (Book 3) by Megan Chance
I jumped into this book not having read the previous 2 books, and I followed the plot well. There was enough backstory that I quickly was inside the world and understood the characters.

I enjoyed reading about both sides of the Irish issue--the Irish immigrants here at home and the struggle of early 20th Century Ireland. I thought from the front of the book that it would be steampunk, but it's a very distinct historical fantasy.

I enjoyed that ther
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it
The Veil is the third book of Megan Chance’s Fianna Trilogy. It follows “The Shadows” and “The Web”.

Grace Knox has to come to terms with her role as a veleda, who must be sacrificed on October 31st during the Celtic festival of Samhain, in order to release her power to those who will fight for Ireland. She must choose between the Fianna and the Fomori, two warring groups who vow they will save Ireland from British rule.

Seventeen year-old Grace is engaged to Patrick Delvin who has joined the Fo
Christy
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.
At last it all will make sense…or wait will it (EVIL LAUGH). No really, this story has taken us down a twisty path I did not see coming. I love the author for it. This story at last gives us the real Grace and her powers and why she is the chosen one. I can honestly say that the end had me in tears and that I did not know who she would chose until she made the choice. For sure this is an author to watch out for other series
Robinski Allen
Oct 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love these books but I just can't get past three stars. I was sucked in by the story but at the same time irritated by some of the characters and the ultimate predictability of the ending. This was probably the best of the three books.
Rissa
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good concept, interesting story, generally well-told. I received this book through Goodreads giveaway. This book is good as a stand alone book but I wanted to buy the 1st 2 books in the series and read them as well.
Roxanne
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book from Goodreads. It is the third book in this series but the plot is not hard to follow. I would describe the book as historical fantasy, and Irish mythology. The main Character Grace has to learn some special powers to save the world.
Cari
I gobbled up Megan Chance's Fianna trilogy like it was candy--reading so quickly through it that I didn't even take the time to review the first book before going on to the second book (and then the third) and by the end of it all, I was kind of overwhelmed by the thought of reviewing the first book in a trilogy when I've already finished the trilogy and so I just never reviewed it at all. But you know, I got to thinking tonight that I'm not sure if anyone actually reads my reviews or not, but i ...more
Kirsty Cook
Hashtag Prose
I needed a happy ending for Patrick who I was hoping ended up with someone better than Grace. What a terrible fate to have to protect a woman who cheated and played with your emotions like that. If that was a man, we would be treating her far differently.

Wasn’t a fan of Grace or Derry. I’ve never been. Fan of centuries old men having sex with seventeen year olds.
Shawnee
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Ce!tic lore at its best, though it's not young adult fiction per se? Awesome story but all ages woul!d enjoy...not rife with sexual Syria's which is refreshing and the writing speaks for itself<3 Another outstanding work by Chance!!
Julia
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

Not super intense but pretty well written.
I think I was very intrigued on book one and book two I saw it wasn't taking the leap I was hoping for. Yet, it was good enough to keep me reading until the end.
Diana Palomo
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the series...especially the tie-in with the past.
Christi
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great YA series
Kristal
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A great ending to this trilogy. Love how Megan Chance brought everything and everyone together in the end.
Sage Knightly
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I received a free digital copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Everything is different. Nothing was the way they thought it would be, and with all the twists and surprises leaping around every corner, how can Grace do what she needs to?

The Veil really challenges Grace, and I loved it because she develops more than she did in the first two books. This is because while she's still thinking of love and hope and helping her family, it isn't her main concern anymore. Yes, she does lo
Charli
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
** Thank you to NetGalley, Megan Chance, and Skyscape for allowing me to read this book for free in exchange for my honest opinion **

The Veil was, as much as I hate to say it, rather disappointing. Now… that being said, let me explain why it was rather disappointing to me. I didn’t get to read the first two books in the trilogy, so I came into The Veil completely blind. I did manage to get the gist of the plot that encompasses the trilogy – the freedom of the people of Ireland is at stake and be
Stacey Kym
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC kindly provided by Skyscape via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Review

This series...I LOVE IT! This book was even better than the last two. It was full of surprises and twists and changes than leaves you on the edge of your seat, on the tips of your toes and awake way past midnight - at least I was. 'The Veil' was simple unputdownable. The prophecy we get introduced to takes on a whole new meaning. And the anticipation, the ANTICIPATION. It was so thick I thought that I c

Katie Kaste
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a strong end to the series. It started at a much faster pace and was easier to get into than the others. The characters all had an arch to follow. The only disappointment really was the great big fight, the man stepped in and saved our hero. She was training her magic the whole book and didn’t have a lot to do in the end. Grace and her friends will go on with their lives and adventures. A nice end to a good series.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
I fell in love with this series from the 1st few pages of the 1st novel, The Shadows. But the tale of Grace, Denny & Patrick took more than one book to complete. After all, love is not an easy thing & it’s never simple …

Grace has been with Denny since her brother tricked her into meeting up with him. He’s trying to protect her & keep her safe from the Fomori … and the evils he fully believes they might do to her.
Denny is trying to run from a curse that states he will kill the Veleda
Brittney
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally posted on Brit's Book Book

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for a copy in exchange for my honest review.

I need to stop letting prior books in a series decide my expectations for the next ones. I was so excited to read this, since book 2 ended in a cliff hanger. But I was disappointed. Again, like book 1, there wasn’t a lot of action. They mostly just talked, planned, prepared. All of the action was at the end, and it wasn’t even that exciting. Maybe action just isn’t Chance’s fort
Ian
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ARC review for Skyscape Books via Netgalley.

Great stones crack and split. Storms will tell and the world is changed…

Meanwhile, gentleman Patrick Devlin and warrior Diarmid Ua Duibhne both struggle wit
Nanette
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Salsabrarian
SPOILER: Been a while since I actually started and completed a trilogy series! I enjoyed this take on the Irish mythology of the Fenian Cycle. Grace has accepted her role as veleda and pursues her training with a druid before the date of Samhain. But something is off; she can't fully pull off the powers she is supposed to have. There are two unexpected twists regarding the veleda: the three-way split among Grace, Aidan and their grandmother and how that will affect the geis (sacrifice); and the ...more
Nicole
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great reed

I put this series off when I read all the definitions in the beginning. I'm glad I went back to it. I thought this was a really great read! Different than a woman deciding her fate by love. A woman who's her own hero making her own decisions. Read it :)
Brit
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok so I was enduring the love triangle (quadrangle?) but this last book took a bit of a sharp down turn in my opinion. I was already invested in the story so I more or less wanted to see how it ended.

The saving grace of this book is (view spoiler).

description
There is less mythology, aside from building lightly on what has been previously established.

Iohbar is a very interesting character and probably my favorite in the series.

My three stars boils down to my dis
Morgan
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

(Of course since I really enjoyed the first two books and bought those on my own awhile back, I think that will have more of an effect on my opinion. haha.)

One of the few series that I feel stayed consistently good throughout. There are little things that keep me from giving all three 5 stars, but the complaints are minimal and mostly put down to the whole
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 25, 2015 05:21PM

• Gunnerkrigg Court Vol. 5: Refine (Gunnerkrigg Court #5)
  • Twelve (The MORE Trilogy, #3)
  • Hippolyta and the Curse of the Amazons (Young Heroes, #2)
  • Fatal Abduction (IFICS, #3)
  • 25 Perfect Days
  • So Enchanting
  • Avalon Rising (Metal & Lace, #2)
  • Fair Maiden
  • Of Men and of Angels (Galway Chronicles, #2)
  • Manga Classics: Emma
  • The World's Greatest Adventure Machine
  • Ava's Demon: Book One (Ava's Demon, #1)
  • Hotter Than Helltown (Preternatural Affairs, #3)
  • A Study in Scandal (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #1)
  • The Chess Queen Enigma (Stoker & Holmes, #3)
  • Cy in Chains
  • His Father's Eyes (Justis Fearsson, #2)
  • Heartless (The House of Rohan, #5)

Megan Chance is the critically acclaimed, award-winning author of several novels. Girlposse.com calls her "a writer of extraordinary talent." Her books have been chosen by Amazon's Book of the Month, Borders Original Voices and IndieBound's Booksense. A former television ne

The Fianna Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
  • The Web (The Fianna Trilogy, #2)