Start by marking “Molly Lee” as Want to Read:

Read Book

4.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
An excerpt:

I took John's six-shooter out of its holster and shot the son-of-a-bitch in his right knee,blowing the kneecap all to hell and back. That wiped that snake smile from his face.

He fell out of the chair, shrieking in agony. It was music to my ears. As he lay on the floor holding his bloody knee and making all sorts of noise, I collected the cash from the desk and
Published March 26th 2015 by William Birch & Assoc.

To ask other readers questions about Molly Lee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly Lee

Thomas Holbrook
May 03, 2015 Thomas Holbrook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Molly Lee was a brief character in Mr. Joyce’s First Novel, Redemption. When we met her, it was only for a brief moment when Huck Finn brought an injured Tom Sawyer to the Lee Family farm in Virginia during the early days of the Civil War. Huck promised to take Molly with him when he and Tom left only to vanish before she arose the next morning. Molly, being a head-strong, determined young lady of 18-years, spends the next 35 years searching for the man who stole her heart.
This book is styled
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Huck Finn is one of the classic kiddie tales that I have loved when I was younger. He and Tom Sawyer are a naughty bunch, and I swear, there was a time I thought they had a bromance. (LOL) When I read their names in this Andrew Joyce penned book, Molly Lee, I was pleasantly surprised. Reading Molly Lee took me back to the 1860s, a fascinating time when life was turbulent, girls are either treated as slaves or wh0res, and men dig gold mines to earn a living.

Molly Lee was a spirited, gutsy yet nai
Nick Rossi
Sep 22, 2015 Nick Rossi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think it would be necessarily fair to describe Andrew Joyce's Molly Lee as historical fiction. Sure enough there are elements of a Wild West historical era that plays out in the backgrounds of the lives that are unfolding as the pages turn, but Molly Lee is more than the aforementioned genre. It's a fusion of styles and formulas that have resulted in a new kind of hybrid of storytelling: the mash-up spaghetti western.

Joyce's expertly crafted Molly Lee is almost like a character study in
Karen Laird
May 26, 2015 Karen Laird rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Molly Lee
I grew up reading Mark Twain’s books. I know Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer, Becky, and many more of Samuel Clemen’s characters that he introduced us to through the years. I watched them float down the Mississippi, rescue Becky, white-wash fences, and all the various activities that got them in and out of trouble through the pages of his books. They were books to grow up with.
It was a delight to have an opportunity to wander through the pages of a story that allowed us to imagine what happened l
John Valesano
May 16, 2015 John Valesano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun and enjoyable novel authored by Andrew Joyce set in the old west, and briefly using Mark Twain's characters Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer. This time around the story revolves around a strong and adventurous female character named Molly Lee. Huck Finn saves her life and reputation at the outset of the book. Molly being a young and impressionable woman, falls in love with Huck only to find he vanishes from her life after promising to take her along with him on his travels. The rest of the b ...more
Pamela Beckford
Apr 08, 2015 Pamela Beckford rated it it was amazing
I can only give this five stars? I was captivated by Molly from page 1. I felt as if I was right next to her throughout the years covered in this book. Too many times an author will make me feel like that with a character and then the book ends abruptly. Not so this time. The adventures, the trials, the accomplishments of Molly Lee will live with me a long time.

I thoroughly enjoyed Redemption, but Andrew Joyce took me on the ride of a lifetime with Molly Lee. His character development was super
Susan Jones
Apr 17, 2015 Susan Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only reason it took me so long to finish the book was that I was reading 2 other books from the library that were due. But when I got halfway through I could not put the book down and had to read through the night into the early morning hours, even with an appointment looming only hours away. So well worth it! My only complaint was that the ending was too soon- until I read that another sequel is in the works. I am eagerly waiting and anticipating the next saga of Huck and and Molly!
Alicia White
May 01, 2015 Alicia White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Andrew Joyce has outdone himself this time. He takes character development and twists to new heights at the same time maintaining the integrity of each character. The interaction and development of Molly in this book, I find to be exceptional.
Dann Dioses
Apr 22, 2015 Dann Dioses rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Molly Lee is a wonderful sequel to Joyce's Resurrection. Molly is left by Huck Finn in Resurrection and it is not until this book that we hear what happens to her after being left behind. It is a fast paced page turning tale that captivates the reader from beginning to end. I can not wait for the next installment.
Donna Agnelly
Apr 14, 2015 Donna Agnelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Andrew Joyce's follow up book. Molly is a great character and I really enjoyed following her on her journey from the Virginia farm and on to the other stops in her life. So nicely written. Looking forward to the next book - that should be very interesting.
Laurie
Jun 19, 2016 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Resolution: Huck Finn’s Greatest Adventure first and absolutely loved the character of Molly Lee. It was then a no-brainer to read and review her story, Molly Lee, when the opportunity arose. I loved this book! Molly Lee is a tough cookie with a spirit and sense of self that I found refreshing, humorous, and enchanting. The narration of the story is more “tell” than “show”, similar to the writing style of Resolution. The fast pace paired with the almost lackadaisical, laid-back, old-timey ...more
Lizzy Baldwin
Oct 22, 2015 Lizzy Baldwin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So there’s a little synopsis of the first book to give you an idea where we’re starting off from. The book of Molly Lee spans her astonishing life as she ventures through the western frontier during the late nineteenth century. We follow her as she searches for Huck Finn whilst also discovering a little more about herself and getting into a number of perilous adventures. Throughout the book the author thoroughly describes the considerable character change of Molly; from sweet and naïve, a just e ...more
Don Sloan
Aug 23, 2015 Don Sloan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly Lee is just the kind of strong, resourceful female protagonist you've been looking for. In this good old-fashioned western, she shines through as both the most feminine and yet the baddest of the bad. It's a combination that, in the hands of a lesser author, would come across as too complex to handle. But that's not the case here.

Molly goes from wide-eyed, lovestruck teenager to middle aged rancher in this saga that follows her through one harrowing situation after another. But getting the
C.J. Anaya
Jun 25, 2015 C.J. Anaya rated it it was amazing
This adventure is so unlike anything I have ever had the pleasure of reading, and now I've discovered this craving for Wild West type books thanks to Andrew Joyce's fabulously entertaining novel. The book closely catalogs the dangerous and exciting adventures of Molly Lee, an innocent young girl in the beginning, but one with fire, passion, and eventually a wisdom beyond her years toward the end.

There are so many things to make note of in this novel. One is the marvelous development we are priv
Jessica
Originally published at Novel Escapism

It’s 1861 and Molly Lee has just turned eighteen-years-old. Her life takes an unexpected turn when she meets two Confederate deserters. When one them, Huck Finn, saves her from some Union soldiers, she instantly falls in love and vows to leave with him. But when Huck leaves without her early the next morning, Molly begins a thirty-four-year journey filled with danger, adventure, new beginnings, and hardship. I have to admit I almost put this book down after
Colleen Chesebro
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review, which follows.

The first time 18-year-old Molly Lee meets “Lieutenant” Huck Finn and “Captain” Tom Sawyer it is 1861. The Civil War has just begun to rear its ugly head. Her mother nurses Tom Sawyer back to life when a fever sets in.
When a Yankee soldier attempts to commandeer Molly’s virtue and cause harm to her family, 24-year-old Huck Finn comes to their rescue. Molly falls head over heels in love with the dashin
Tina
May 24, 2015 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well-written and grippingly entertaining, Molly Lee held my interest from beginning to end.

Set in the mid-1800s, we meet Molly Lee as an eighteen-year-old living on a Virginia farm with her parents, sister, and brothers. When Huck, a young Confederate deserter, happens by their farm with his wounded comrade, Tom, her family gives them shelter and sustenance. Molly Lee quickly falls in love with Huck and makes him promise to take her with him to Missouri when he leaves. But she awakens the follow
Amy
Jun 30, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: I was provided with a copy of this book from the author for review.

Initially I found it hard to believe and get into, especially since it practically opens with Molly abandoning her family and running after Huck. But as the novel progressed and you see Molly change and grow, you take the story for what it is, instead of trying to mould it to your expectations.

The narration mimics the voice of the south which brings Molly’s background to light, and you see her voice gradually refine itself
Barb Taub
Jun 10, 2015 Barb Taub rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued when author Andrew Joyce took on the Wild West meme and combined it with those quintessential America-defining characters, Mark Twain’s iconic Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. What happens, he asks us to imagine, when Tom and Huck grow up? They’ll go through the Civil War—Confederates, of course—and that crucible will undoubtedly change the men they become. Their tale is told in Joyce’s first book, best-seller Redemption. In that novel, there is a short encounter with a beautiful 18-yea ...more
N.N. Light
Molly Lee is a young woman when the charismatic Huck Finn (yes, that Huck Finn) saves her life and steals her heart. She falls instantly in love and is heart-broken when Huck disappears and doesn’t take her with him. She does what any love-sick woman does: heads out into the great big world to find her man.

Along the way, she is attacked, befriends a madam and works in a bordello, sold to a Indian war chief, kills a dirtbag, ends up in jail and so much more. Does that keep Molly down? No way! She
S.K. Gregory
Jul 22, 2015 S.K. Gregory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Molly Lee starts life out as a simple farm girl until she falls for a man named Huck. When he leaves without taking her with him, Molly decides to set out after him. What starts out as a young girls crush, becomes an adventure and not always a pleasant one. Along the way though, Molly learns how to survive and make something of herself.
Molly is a strong, tough character who takes what life throws at her on the chin and keeps going. She is smart and soon becomes business savvy. The story was wel
Charlie
Jul 07, 2015 Charlie rated it it was amazing
This book picks up where Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer, masquerading as a Confederate lieutenant and captain, respectively, left behind Molly Lee after saving her family from Union soldiers intent on plundering.

Not for one minute did I have pause to regroup as I was reading. Just like Redemption, Molly Lee is fast-paced. I was so intrigued that there were a few times that Molly ended up in the same places Huck had been and learned of his exploits and I was wondering if she’d ever find him like she s
Emily
Mar 31, 2015 Emily rated it it was amazing
Kudos to Mr. Joyce for Molly Lee! Loved her, loved the entire story. At a key time in her young life, 18 year-old Molly Lee falls head over heels in love with a young Huck Finn who saves her life. When he leaves her behind to pursue his own path, a spirited and determined Molly Lee takes off after him. On that journey, she meets the good, the bad, and the ugly . . . and she takes care of the latter two with fierce justice. What a great ride! Take a road trip with Molly, you won't regret it!
Kathryn Dillard
May 20, 2015 Kathryn Dillard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by the author for an honest review! I am not into reading westerns or historical books! But this book pulled me in from the beginning! It was a great adventure and I loved it!
Malou
Mar 30, 2015 Malou rated it it was amazing
Molly Lee! The sequel to Redemption was well worth the long wait!! I traveled alongside Molly from the very first page to the very last one . . . . feeling her pain, her sadness, her joy. Well done, Mr. Joyce!
Angel Hatfield
Apr 17, 2016 Angel Hatfield rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Two men rode into Molly’s parents farm in Virginia. One was a captain her dad had in the family wagon. He was a captain who had been shot in his arm and had gotten a fever from it. Their names [ the two men] were Huck and Tom. Tom was the soldier who had been shot but in actuality they were deserters. Yankees rode up in the yard and demanded Molly’s family all come out. Molly had just turned eighteen and the captain grabbed her pulling her toward the barn. Molly knew what the captain planned but ...more
Mirella
Dec 09, 2015 Mirella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the premise of this book - a young woman named Molly Lee is saved by a charismatic hero named Huck Finn - the same Huck Finn out of the pages of the famed Mark Twain novel. But Huck is a wanderer and he leaves. Molly, desperately in love with him sets off alone to find him. And thus begins her quest / adventure.

Her journey is fraught with pitfalls and danger, for a woman alone is a target. She is attacked and then rescued by the town Madame who helps her learn the ropes of the world's ol
Bob
May 25, 2015 Bob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's official, he's got me hooked on this series. I figured a woman's story with minimal involvement by Twain's celebrated characters might be less interesting, but I misjudged Andrew Joyce's skill in making Molly speak with her own voice and that voice being of strong personality . Looking forward to the next installment.
Pam
Jun 16, 2015 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received copy for a honest review.I really enjoyed reading Molly Lee. From page 1 you become addicted to Molly as she goes in search of Huck Finn after he broke his promise to her. You will literally follow Molly through all her heart ache and pain as she searches for Huck.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Shepherd, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog
  • The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man: A Novel
  • The Heights
  • Echoes of Winter: A Wintery YA Short Story Collection
  • Five Days in January (The Felix Chronicles #2)
  • Molly's Misadventures
  • The Last Kind Words Saloon
  • Wild Child and Other Stories
  • Dancing to an Irish Reel
  • Skipped Parts (GroVont Trilogy, #1)
  • The Urban Boys: Discovery of the Five Senses
  • Death Wish (Ceruleans, #1)
  • Georgia Bottoms
Andrew Joyce left high school at seventeen to hitchhike throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. He wouldn’t return from his journey until decades later when he decided to become a writer. Joyce has written four books, including a two-volume collection of one hundred and forty short stories comprised of his hitching adventures called BEDTIME STORIES FOR GROWN-UPS (as yet unpublished), and his latest ...more
More about Andrew Joyce...