Start by marking “Katie and the North Star” as Want to Read:
Katie and the North Star

Katie and the North Star

Katie and the North Star is a book filled with adventure, joy, and imagination. Join Katie as she learns why she can't keep the North Star all to herself.
Published March 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Katie and the North Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katie and the North Star

Start your review of Katie and the North Star
Bonnie Rediske-
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Katie finds a fallen star and immediately wants to keep her as a friend.
Polaris is the North Star who has fallen from the sky.

This is a cute story that teaches that each being has a home but a friendship can still be there. This was a cute way to teach children about the North Star and its importance.
4 kid fangs from PRATR!
Jenny H.
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
If I am perfectly honest, I set this book to the side when I first received it because it didn't look like something I would normally pick out. Yes, I was totally judging a book by a cover. Yes, even though I thought the cover was beautiful, my youngest is really into monsters, trucks, and other things that are much edgier so I was to delay reading it. I simply added the title to my list of books to review and set it in one of the baskets of books we have all over the house. This was an excellen ...more
Coco.V
Mar 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/4/2019)! 🎁
Lynda Dickson
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 2+
Shelves: children
Katie and the North Star is written by Bethany Lopez and her daughter Katie, after whom the main character is named. In the story, Katie befriends a fallen star and wants it to stay with her. However, she finds out this star is Polaris, the North Star, who must make its way home. Katie learns about the importance of the North Star in helping travelers find their way.

The illustrations by Hetty Mitchell are absolutely delightful; I just wish there were more of them. They give the story an old-fas
Lori R.
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet little story! It is absolutely perfect for my 4-year old daughter who loves her books and loves to read. (Makes her mama proud!) Before this book came out, we were driving one night and she looked out the window, up at the stars. She saw a bright star in the sky and asked me what it was. I told her it was the North Star and explained a little bit about it. She has been curious about stars lately, so how appropriate - this book came along at just the right time! She loves to ...more
Jordan Bates
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Best Parts:
This story was quite adorable. Even though Katie doesn’t get to keep the star the story itself is one that I think kids will be able to appreciate and themselves be able to go out and see the north star at night just like Katie does.

The illustrations are great for when Katie finds Polaris and when they get to go flying and even the in between of Polaris winking in the sky is a nice backdrop for the rest of the story.

This will be a story for not just parents to read to their child
Patricia Blevins
Awesome

This was the cutest little book to come out of a little girls imagination. I took it to a school and read it to the children and they had so many questions about the Author. This was a very enjoyable book.
Elspeth Hall
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully illustrated with language that will entice little ones. A wonderfully whimsical adventure.

Disclaimer : I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Anabella
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story

A book that will warm your kids’ heart. Who wouldn’t want to make friends with a star? Wonderful illustrations that caught my little ones eyes from the moment she saw the cover. Highly recommend it.
Priya Narayanan
Apr 25, 2016 rated it liked it
'Katie and the North Star' is a picture book with a concept that is simple yet interesting for 4-5 year olds. While it talks about friendship, the book also has a subtle take on ones responsibilities, which I feel is important. And then there is an additional takeaway in the form of astronomical tit-bits, which instigate kids to ask more questions and dig deeper. It is indeed admirable that a first grader could think of and put into words such a wonderful story. However, since the book is a coll ...more
C
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Cute story with beautiful drawings.
Sep 04, 2015

• Finding Little Doggins: Animalsville
  • Bad Caterpillar
  • The Tooth Fairy's Tummy Ache - Mom's Choice Award Winner
  • LULU the Tiger Goes to the Grocery Store
  • Rio: Autism Awareness: An inspiring, motivational and fun rhyme book to help children understand autism.
  • Science of Skin Color
  • El gato y el ratón
  • Land Ho!
  • Uni & Drago - A fun Boring day - A fun book full of colors and imaginations for kids (Uni and Drago 2)
  • Autumn Song (A Day In The Life Of A Kid #1)
  • Where Do Dinosaurs Go on Vacation?
  • Rhythm Rescue