Start by marking “Deadlock (FBI: Houston, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deadlock (FBI: Houston, #3)

Deadlock (FBI: Houston #3)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  645 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
Two murders have rocked the city of Houston. Are they the work of a serial killer, or is a copycat trying to get away with murder?

That is the question facing Special Agent Bethany Sanchez, who is eager for her new assignment in violent crimes but anxious about meeting her new partner. Special Agent Thatcher Graves once arrested her brother, and he has a reputation for bein
Published October 1st 2015 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published September 17th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Deadlock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadlock

Brittany
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had a bit of a problem getting into this book at first. I didn’t dislike it. The story line was interesting. But, for the first portion of the novel, I didn’t really care for the two main characters. Both Bethany and Thatcher rubbed me the wrong way. However, I kept on reading, because I did want to find out who was behind the Scorpion murders. I’m very glad I did.

As the book progressed, Thatcher and Bethany grew on me. When I learned more about these two characters, the backgrounds they came
Kara
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got my copy from the library :) I picked up this book intending to read a few chapters and then do something else, never happened because I was hooked from the first chapter! I loved Bethany and Thatcher, they both are impeccable agents and really enjoyed the dialogue between them. Mills is very smooth in getting the reader to care for them before tragedy strikes while they are investigating a serial killer. I hated how things go wrong!

I had NO idea who the killer was. I had suspicions, but I
Hannah
My enjoyment of the story and the main characters was about a five, but because a couple of gripes I rate it four.

I really liked that Bethany is diabetic. It's interesting to have it as a challenge for the heroine, since it's widespread in the general population but not well represented among storybook characters. But one snarl did come from this; she is adamant about not eating sugar of any kind, yet after a case-related health incident she repeatedly drinks Sprite...which contains high fructos
Loraine
The conclusion to DiAnn Mills' FBI: Houston is as fast paced and riveting as the first two books in the series. Special Agent Bethany Sanchez has been partnered Special Agent Thatcher Graves. Sanchez is known as a by the book, what makes sense, logical agent. Graves is know as a wild card, gut instinct, go with your feelings agent. Will these two fight one another as they try to find a serial killer or will they use the best qualities of each of them?

This was definitely a stay up late, can't put
Doreen
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
DiAnn Mills believes her readers should “expect an adventure” and she delivers in Deadlock. I felt like I was reading a “Criminal Minds” episode…it was fascinating. The action was intense and at times heartbreaking as FBI Special Agent Bethany Sanchez tried to figure out if and how her brother was involved in the Scorpion murders.

Bethany Sanchez and her new partner, Thatcher Graves, are complete opposites in how they approach cases. Bethany is all logic, analytics, and spreadsheets. Thatcher ope
Jasmine
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Will they be too late?

I've really been enjoying the FBI: Houston series but I think Deadlock is my favorite so far. More danger, more romance, more of DiAnn Mills's great storytelling.
Deadlock is a fairly thick book but it didn't take me long to finish, I think those pages must have been smoking I was turning them so fast! I just couldn't seem to put it down, I HAD to know what would happen next and if my guess on the identity of the mastermind was right or not.
Out of all the leading charact
Susan
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful book. Narration was outstanding.
Madison
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
As with the other FBI Houston books Deadlock jumps straight into the crime-fighting action. It read like a great crime TV show, high on dialog, short sharp sentences and minimal other details, with touches of romance and faith.

It's the first day on the job for Special Agent Bethany Sanchez, who has transferred from civil rights division to violent crimes. Eager to start, yet anxious about working with her new partner Special Agent Thatcher Graves, Bethany is plunged straight into the middle of
Katrina Epperson
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
DiAnn Mills brings us the 3rd installment in the FBI Huston series. Even though this book is part of a series this book would be still considered a stand alone novel. There are secondary characters well integrated in the story that were the primary characters in the previous books in the series and of course the setting is the same which is Huston, Texas.

This is a fast paced edge of your seat suspense interlaced with a romance.

This story will quickly pull you in with the introduction of Bethan
Joan
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
In this FBI Houston novel, two Special Agents, Bethany Sanchez and Thatcher Graves, try to catch a serial killer.

This novel did not grab me like some others by Mills. I did not find Sanchez a character I liked. She has come over from the civil rights division and is now on her first case in violent crimes with Graves. She is a “by the book” person, making spread sheets of clues. He is more of an intuitive guy, with a degree in psychology and previously having a counseling practice. The two get
Cynthia Marcano
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
What I Loved...

In mainstream Christian Fiction, it's rare to find a heroine of Hispanic heritage. I was so super excited to read a book that featured one that was an authentic Mexican woman. I loved reading Spanish throughout the book and the Hispanic family dynamics. I am working on my first real book as an aspiring author and the female lead is an authentic young woman and feared that it would not be widely accepted. Deadlock was an inspiration to me.

What I Liked...

I am not usually a suspense
Yo Leo Ficción Cristiana
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, inglés
description

RESEÑA COMPLETA EN ESPAÑOL

Suspense on each page!

At first I was a little wary about this book because it belongs to a series and I didn’t want to be spoiled. The good news is that each book can be read separately and are not related to each other.

This novel reminds me of a police television series: there is much tension, adrenaline and drama but also with a bit of romance.

There are many details and surprises regarding the characters, and are much more complicated than they seem at first. In add
Lou
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was like watching a tv crime show and I love it! The beginning was captivating although it was kind of slow in the middle. I was truly surprised to know the killer's identity and the hole story was incredible.

Of course, I'm looking forward to read more of Diann Mills' books!
June
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bethany and Thatcher become partners. Together they work on the Scorpion case, a dangerous case that often has them bending the rules.

A great story. Loved Jasper. And enjoyed watching Bethany and Thatcher fall for each other. This was a great series and the boys really enjoyed it.
Meaghan
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I loved this story, the characters, everything. Bethany and Thatcher made a great team both at work and romantically. I was kept guessing until the end and on the edge of my seat.
Becki
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Not my favorite book of Diana Mills. The characters seemed distant to me and I never really felt the chemistry between the two.
Holly
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow!
Julie Barrett
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadlock by DiAnn Mills
Bethany Sanchez is assigned with the dectective Thatcher who put her brother away in prison. They are on an assignment and need to find the murderer soon.
Thare are many facts that are consistent with one another but some things don't add up that it's the same persion.
Wife killed had just inherited 8 million so that's a good reason for her husband to have done it.
She thinks and tracks down more leads that lead in many different directions.
Even when they are shot up because
Patricia
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rating 4.5. This was a good and carefully crafted story, with likable characters and believable details. It was complex enough to keep me guessing and the ending played out well. I liked how the “reveal” went. Often authors have some large explanation, say, by the guilty party, that lays out all the details. Laziness, I feel. However this was “organic”—part of the action in the story, for the most part. That is what gave this the half point and why I rounded up to 5.
Virginia
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
FBI agent Bethany has a new partner, Thatcher, who arrested her brother and sent him to jail. They have to work together to solve two homicides that appear to be the work of a serial killer. I thought this book was good, and the storyline kept the reader guessing as the to the identity of the killer. I enjoyed seeing several characters from previous books in the series make an appearance.
Christy Foss
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really. 3.5 ⭐. Kept guessing a lot and was wrong... lots of twists... almost too many. I enjoy relationships between the characters, but get tired of everyone ending up engaged at the end of every single book. ...more
Sheila
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced and action packed, this book will surely keep your attention! Another winner from Ms. Mills, this romance/suspense story will keep you wondering what is coming next. Pick up this book and strap in for a ride!
Susan Robinson
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good story. The family dynamics were intense at times but realistic. Satisfying ending and I'm glad the author tied all 3 books together by bringing the other characters in to the story (at least briefly). Not the last time I'll read this author.
Lydia
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the mystery which had so many layers and twists. I did struggle to get into the story, especially to like the characters, but they became endearing after a bit.
Julie Henderson
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action

Was a fun book to read. While much veered into the unbelievable, it was still enjoyable. The characters seemed to work and the plot kept you guessing.
Jeanie
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is always exciting to receive a new novel by Diann Mills; she excels at writing romantic suspense of which many protagonists are in the FBI. ‘Deadlock’ is third in An FBI: Houston Novel series, and it exceeds my expectations. It is gripping, suspenseful, and very well-written. We meet two uniquely different Special Agents partnered up in Violent Crimes, beginning immediately after SA Bethany Sanchez’ transfer. Her partner is seasoned SA Thatcher Graves. Thatcher, known for flying by his insti ...more
Veronica
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this fast-paced, action-packed story! Special Agent Bethany Sanchez has a tough first day ahead of her. Not only is she joining the violent crime unit of the FBI and meeting her new partner, who once arrested her brother, but she also butts heads with him over their different styles of investigation. He operates more on hunches and his gut while Bethany is all about protocol and rules. They have two murders to solve and Special Agent Thatcher Graves believes they're looking at a ...more
Kelly Bridgewater
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
I truly enjoy DiAnn Mills’ writing. Her catch phrase is Expect an Adventure and that is exactly what I hope for when I open one of her books and plop down in a chair with my toffee nut latte. I want to be taken away, hunting for a killer while watching the police hunt for evidence. Read my thoughts on Firewall and Double Cross, the first two books in the FBI: Houston series. Mills’ latest Deadlock fits right into the suspense genre even though it was completely conventional.

The first thing I lov
Victor Gentile
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
DiAnn Mills in her new book, “Deadlock” Book Three in the FBI: Houston series published by Tyndale House Publishers gives us an adventure with Bethany Sanchez and Thatcher Graves.

From the back cover: This could be the case of their careers…if they can survive long enough to solve it.

Two homicides have rocked the city of Houston. Are they the work of a serial killer, or is a copycat trying to get away with murder?

Lisa Johnson
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: Deadlock (FBI: Houston #3)
Author: Di Ann Mills
Pages: 416
Year: 2015
Publisher: Tyndale
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
What do you have when adding a pinch of work and mix it with family issues, murder and intrigue? Another suspense driven FBI case that will keep readers turning pages until the conclusion! Thatcher is the experienced FBI agent who is paired up with Bethany from another FBI division. From the start there are sparks because their methods of solving a case are as vastly different
  • Silence in the Dark (Logan Point, #4)
  • Sins of the Past
  • Burning Proof (Cold Case Justice, #2)
  • Centralia
  • Thin Ice (Men of Valor #2)
  • Seeds of Evidence
  • Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes, #3)
  • Desperate Measures (Port Aster Secrets, #3)
  • Deadly Echoes (Finding Sanctuary #2)
  • Peril (Bloodline Trilogy #3)
  • No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3)
  • To Write a Wrong (Justice Seekers, #2)
  • All Is Calm / All Is Bright
  • Wounds
  • Murder at the Courthouse (Hidden Springs Mysteries #1)
  • Web of Deceit (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • Trial Run (Fault Lines #1)
  • Hawk (Quiet Professionals #2)
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. She combines unforgettable characters with unpredictable plots to create action-packed, suspense-filled novels.

Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awards; and been finalists for the RITA, Daphne du Maurier, Inspirational Reader's Choice, and Carol Award contests. Fire
More about DiAnn Mills

FBI: Houston (3 books)
  • Firewall (FBI: Houston, #1)
  • Double Cross (FBI: Houston, #2)
“Lack of respect could make you angry. Lack of trust could get you killed.” 1 likes
“When all my dreams come true, they’ll all be about you".” 0 likes