Start by marking “Invincible, Vol. 21: Modern Family” as Want to Read:
Invincible, Vol. 21: Modern Family

Invincible, Vol. 21: Modern Family

(Invincible (Collected Editions) #21)

In the aftermath of Robot's attempt to take over the world, the few survivors that remain must pick up the pieces of a world once familiar...but now completely alien.
Collects INVINCIBLE #115-120
Published June 17th 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, Vol. 21, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible, Vol. 21

Start your review of Invincible, Vol. 21: Modern Family
Patrick
Mark and Eve come up with a name for their baby girl (Mark is a great dad). They move away from Earth to be a family while Nolan continues ruling over the Viltrumites. Robot continues his “peaceful” occupation of earth. Oliver has a seriously weird alien girlfriend that looks like a cockroach. All is well so far I guess lol. Another good volume!
Drown Hollum
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The time between Invincible trades is almost impossible accept. This book has remained so consistently excellent, in both the quality of script and the artwork, that every volume is a guaranteed good time, a promise that other comics struggle to make, especially after the 20th(!!!) volume mark. The world of Invincible is always evolving, unafraid of change and progress, it becomes addicting for the same reasons that the Song of Ice and Fire books are so popular. Death is usually permanent, and ...more
James DeSantis
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This wasn't super eventful but really strong character growth.

We get to see Mark as a daddy. It's fucking adorable. Like I was smiling the entire time (maybe because we're trying to have a kid but this was super sweet) and loved that he finally told Eve what happened to him. (Spoilers) Rape is no joke and this book doesn't just gloss over it. It can happen to anyone, any gender, and what happened was screwed up. Mark doesn't just "get over it" he has to deal with it. Even gets that, and they
Jonathan Roberts
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Bloody, check. Jacked up, check. What I've come to expect, check. Fun and crazy at the same time
Kenny
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Kirkman and Ottley still rock as Invincible,Atom Eve and Terra leaves Earth plus a battle royale between Battle Beast and Thragg!
Robert
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hoopla, image
Oftentimes it’s the “change of pace” volumes that get hated on so I’m going to show this one some 5-star love instead.
(view spoiler)
Maria Kramer
Mark and Eve settle their new family into life on an alien planet. Some good character stuff, plus the revelation that (view spoiler)
Sam
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Invincible is the best book out there. I wish I could rate this higher. It's off the scale good.
Alex E
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Things move forward in the invincible universe after the last volumes dynamic shift in the status quo. And while Mark tries to deal with it, the secondary story is an absolutely epic battle that goes on for multiple issues between the exiled Viltrumite leader and Battle Beast.

A great story with alot of personal moments in this one. From Marks decision to leave home with his family, to his confession to Eve, to Battle Beast's lover finally breaking down, its amazing to see Kirkman weave his way
Darnell
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A few pages of the biggest fight in the series scattered through a lot of home/baby drama? It's so weird it feels like it must be an artistic choice, but I don't see what purpose it serves.
Michael Church
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: image
Oh this series. Another excellent installment. Of course, it kind of goes without saying that volume 21 isn't the best jumping on point for new readers, but it does serve as another reminder for people who are interested to go back to the beginning and follow the whole series. It's a rare book that has had a consistent creative team for all these years, meaning a consistent thinking behind these characters.

These characters have all evolved so much since the beginning. And they keep tackling the
Alex Sarll
Barely even a superhero book anymore - but in reality, you wouldn't get decades of essentially the same slugfests, would you? A point openly addressed in one particularly meta scene here. Instead, the travails of parenting - particularly on an alien world - and the ethics of a covert tyranny that's also something close to utopia. I'm glad there are still other comics playing out variations on the endlessly fascinating superhero theme, but also love the path this one is forging instead.
Arminzerella
Jacob
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finally had time to start and finish a book I own since I've completed a good amount of public library books of late. This title is still fresh, excellent, and introduces lots of exciting, interesting twists not found in superhero titles by the Big Two.
Colin Antes
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great read from my favorite comic series.
Jacob
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Excellent edition to this incredible series!
Melody
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, comic-books
Have these in single issues. Really enjoyed them.
J.L.
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2019
For some reason, I took a massive break while reading this series, and this issue has been hanging out on my nightstand for literally months. But the spouse encouraged me to jump back in, and I'm excited to crank through to the ending now.

Mark is still trying to make the world fit into his narrative of black and white (right and wrong), but it's not working out since Robot's epic takeover. Because he has a family to think of now, he decides the better part of valor is to make a new start on a
Chris Greensmith
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: invincible
"Anyhow...I think "love" is learning all the terrible things about a person close to you and learning to look past them so you can see clearly the person you liked in the first place."
This slowed the pace a bit, it fills like it has had a breather before the final chapter kicks in, I hope that is the case and there is a big 20 or so issue final arc. I no longer feel any real 'dread' in this comic, most people come back or survive, but its OK, this volume was a low point for me. The artist was
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trade-paperbacks
Our fave couple heads to space to escape the troubles of Earth. Alas, Thragg is in space and he’s definitely causing trouble. Meanwhile, Earth seems to be doing well with Rex in control, but does this make his methods ok? What will everyone do about it? Read to find out! Honestly, love the direction this is heading. Eager to continue into the new year.
Dan
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for this volume in which Mark and Eve decide to relocate their new family to Allen the Alien's planet, while things on Earth are being completely controlled by Rex / Robot. Meanwhile Battle Beast and Thragg have the most epic showdown and battle to the death! I also loved the nod to Star Trek as Mark and Oliver investigate the aftermath of that battle to see if Thragg survived.
Peter
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eve and Mark become immigrants to the planet Talescria. There they have to raise their baby daughter while trying to get accustomed to the alien way of life. Interesting change in pace with Battle Beast’s and Thragg’s battle interspersing to create contrast.
Elliot Huxtable
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
A stunning volume brimming with character development, fantastic illustrations and joyous parenting.
Faisal
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Invincible settling down with his family. Really wholesome filler chapter.
Will Cooper
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This volume is mostly aftermath of the big stuff that just happened.

But that battle between Battle Beast and Thragg is fantastic!
Jenna
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, graphic-novels
An entertaining overlap of Mark’s time as a father and an epic fist fight between Thragg and Battle Beast. Too bad there were no power up sequences.
Jamie Sigal
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Invincible is consistently compelling throughout the series so far, and my only complaint is that I know I'm nearing the end.
Sebastian Song
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow from an amazing superhero comic to an amazing comic!
Patrick
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Battle Beast! Yeah!
Parenting stuff = win.
Space stuff = boring.
Jeffrey
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Climbing from the wreckage of Robot's takeover in the previous volume the world recovers and moves on. But some, like Invincible, know that this will not end well and there are two options, fight or walk away.(view spoiler) Meanwhile, the galactic government try to keep Thragg from rebuilding his army.

Robert Kirkman and Ryan

• Cosmic Ghost Rider: Baby Thanos Must Die
  • The Boys, Volume 4: We Gotta Go Now
  • The Boys, Volume 2: Get Some
  • Chew, Vol. 11: The Last Suppers

Invincible (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters
  • Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World
  • Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company
  • Invincible, Vol. 8: My Favorite Martian
  • Invincible, Vol. 9: Out of This World
  • Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?