Start by marking “Gargoyle (Woodland Creek)” as Want to Read:
Gargoyle (Woodland Creek)

Gargoyle

(Woodland Creek)

A shifter made of stone. And wings.
A human bent on free love. And drunk.
Any joke could be made with those two lines.

But the town of Woodland Creek, it's no laughing matter. Hostile and magical residents guard their secrets. It's too easy to be found out.

When Isaac Stone first meets Kennedy Kirk, he's tempted to shove her off the clock tower. After all, she is gripping his
Published November 15th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Gargoyle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gargoyle

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
This rating is based on my personal preferences. I have read the book.

(view spoiler)
Talltree
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-pnr-uf
Atmospheric and sexy PNR novella read with a bit of a love triangle. As much as I like the idea of gargoyles, this was maybe the first gargoyle H read that I enjoyed!

4 stars!
Carissa
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-s-2015
This is my first Scarlett Dawn read and I must say, this author captured me. She also had me bewildered. Yet, the dark, unknown and mystical characters intrigued me.

One night, in a drunken stupor, Kennedy Kirk, falls heads first off the clock tower. In plunging to her untimely death, she is magically saved by a dying Wizard. A Wizard that bestows his magical book and powers unto her. With this new found power, Kennedy now understands that the town she lives in, is over run with magical beings ca
Dianne
Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place! Leave it to Scarlett Dawn to jump right into her tale with a few chuckles! Kennedy has had far too much to drink and very unwisely stands far above the ground among Gargoyle statues. At least she wisely held on tight to one Gargoyle as she leaned precariously over the edge…little did she know, that specific appendage could prove far more fascinating in the flesh!

In a magical town full of shifters and more, a family of gargoyle shifters pe
Marianne
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
This story had the most hilarious opening I've read in a long time. Unfortunately, it went downhill after that.

This was just... weird... The characters were meh and so was the sexytime.

I either love or hate the stories this author writes - seldom something in between. This was the latter. Too bad, I was expecting so much more from the gargoyle mayor with the stone cock... Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

☆ 1 star for the overall story
☆ 1 bonus star for the fabulously entertaining opening.
Marta Cox
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I've enjoyed this authors work in the past so when I spotted this I was over the moon. Plus it's about gargoyles so what's not to like ? Well actually quite a lot. It starts in a very amusing manner but quickly it's clear that strange things are happening in what should be a relatively orderly and quiet town. Then the story jumps forward with a spell that affects seemingly almost the whole town in a very physical way. I've no wish to ruin any surprises but our heroine Kennedy and the gargoyle Is ...more
Megpie
***Major Spoilers***

I normally don't read novellas because the author has to cram a whole story in so few words and majority of the time it makes the story come across extremely rushed and messy. That's what I got with Gargoyle.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. But it wasn't great either. It was rushed and everything happened so fast. And it sucks because Scarlett Dawn has an awesome idea here for an amazing full length novel. And Scarlett has tremendous talent too that's why I picked up Gargo
Beth
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hotness Batman, oops that’s Gargoyle.

Woodland Creek is a town inundated with shifters.

When a magical wave creates irresistible lust, Kennedy Kirk, human, and Isaac Stone, mayor of Woodland Creek and gargoyle, are trapped into a night of wild passion.

While the town reels from that cataclysmic night, Kennedy and Isaac do as well, separately. Until a chance meeting at a local restaurant, throws Kennedy, Isaac and Kennedy’s ex-boyfriend back together.

Seriously, too short because I wanted more
Siobhan
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’ve rather enjoyed Scarlett Dawn’s Origin series thus far, and the Scarlett Dawn book in The Complex series, which left me curious to see how Scarlett Dawn’s Woodland Creek story played out. With how interesting the Woodland Creek series sounded, I was pretty eager to dive in.

If I’m being completely honest, this was more of a two-point-five-star read rather than the two-star rating I gave it. I was invested but I wasn’t crazy about it, and this is why my rating was rounded down rather than up.
Melanie-Smokenator
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book right from the start. A not so sober woman hanging from a gargoyles man parts might not be funny to the Gargoyle being 'abused'. Then she... ends up in an interesting place at an interesting time with the same Gargoyle (but neither recognised each other at the time).

Isaac and Kennedy embarked on an interesting journey after the magical event. Magic plays a big role in bringing them together again. There are enemies around them, and even close to them. Kennedy has something i
Melindeeloo
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gargoyles, x2015
1.5 stars = Okayish in a weird nonsensical way. I like gargoyles, but this was just too strange and the leading lady flips on a dime about her feelings for the Gargoyle. The premise had potential, but really felt just like an excuse for smexy times - which I don't mind if I care about the characters and I didn't.
Danielle
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When will SD stop surprising me?!?!

Seriously, this was awesome. I was extremely curious how the whole "gargoyle shifter" thing worked, and the visual I got from SD was fantastic.

I wanted to hate Isaac, I did, but his character is so funny I just couldn't. That is not to say I didn't wish I could smack him around a little... good thing he's not real or I'd be in a world of trouble taking on a shifter!

Kennedy is, well, she's special. She is tough, smart, sassy, and human. So very human. Loved her
Tracy D.
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars.

The use of the word "hummed" drove me freakin' nuts! It was used around 27 times in the book, and not like it was someone humming a tune. I hummed, he hummed, she hummed, Mike hummed, The Mayor hummed, we all f'n hummed! STFU with the humming speech already! Find some different descriptive words like seethed, whispered, breethed, moaned, grimaced, sighed, or maybe just, "Hmmm"... SOMETHING!!! Sure, there wasn't really any gramatical errors, but Jesus, the writing seemed repetative, the
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
Reading Marianne's review and a lot of similar ones, I'm sure I don't want to read this...

Jamila
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm on a Scarlett Dawn reading bonanza this weekend! Everything i've read so far is entertaining, this slightly less but still alright
Kenya Wright

MY REVIEW

I give this three stars.

The beginning chapters had me pretty confused. There was a magic-induced lust scene

that I didn't get at all.

It confused me a whole lot actually.

Due to that I was pretty

upset the rest of the chapters until I did get an explanation.

The rest of the novella worked. For one minute I worried about the amount of love interests and possibility of no happy ending, but it all came through.

I w
Tash
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review
I was excited when I realise that Dawn had contributed to this series , a gargoyle shifter romance as I haven’t come across any adult ones as of yet until now. So I was immediately intrigued that town mayor was a gargoyle and snob gargoyle at that.

Dawn captures your interest from the very first page by taking us straight to a situation with our heroine Kennedy which sets the tone for the b
Vanessa
Every time I open a SD book, I am taken on a journey into a world I could never imagine. Her stories transport me to a place and time where magic exists, love wins (despite the trials they face to get there), and the action (from all sides) is always riveting. Gargoyle is no exception.

From the very first page I was captivated by yet another town, another group of characters, and another story I didn't want to put down. So, I didn't. I read the entire book in one afternoon...and I loved it.

Woodla
Jessi
I'm seriously starting to think that I'm becoming obsessed with the writing ingeniousness that is Scarlett Dawn.

Kennedy has unfortunately had her eyes opened to the world around her. In a situation that she couldn't have foretold she ends up shacking up with the town's sexy mayor who just also happens to be a gargoyle.

After a crazy night together they go their separate ways only to have her crazy ass hole ex boyfriend and some strange magic push them back together.

This book was hot crazy and a
Stephanie
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Lol now this book was hilarious. Also a quick read.

So Kennedy had a drunken night on a clock tower and almost fell to her death, almost is the word to pay attention to here. So mage guy saves her and then gives her a gift. That's when her life gets interesting and also hilarious.

I loved all the characters in this book. They were funny! They were awesome! They were murderous. Just trust me on this one, read it. Also I am disappointed that some characters from this book haven't got their own boo
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Haunted Bookshelf

It had been a crazy night for Kennedy Kirk, one that found her quite drunk and on the very top of the clock tower surrounded by stone gargoyles and one beautiful, seemingly tranquil town. That’s the thing about illusions, they are never, ever truly what they seem. Leaning over the edge of the clock tower, Kennedy gripped the gargoyle statue rather fiercely for balance. If only she could have heard the gargoyle’s thoughts as she gripped a very private part of this se
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Gargoyle
Author: Scarlett Dawn
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy
Series or Standalone:Standalone Series Novella (Woodland Creek)
Rating: ★★★★★

Review

description

This book drew me in for two reasons. One, I’ve never read a book featuring a gargoyle. Hell, if I’m being honest, I’m kind of behind in experiencing shifter books as well, so this was a double whammy. Add in that this was an author I’d never had the pleasure of experiencing before, and a pretty kick ass looking cover and I was sold.

I enjoyed t
Heather
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Scarlett Dawn is one of my go to authors whose every release I grab and read. Gargoyle was no different. In fact, I was more excited about Gargoyle almost because there is something about Gargoyles that call to me and I always grab the few shifter books I can find on them.

Where do I even start with Gargoyle? This is great example of Dawn’s work, in your face right from the start, humorous, hot, with a tad bit of crazy thrown in.

At the beginning I wasn’t sure what kind of character Kennedy was go
Lisa
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lisa by: The Reading Room Blog
I received a copy of this story for an honest review for The Reading Room Blog.

Welcome to Woodland Creek, a picture perfect town... full of shifters, witches, wizards and weird goings on. It's also the setting for the steamy and exciting new novella from author Scarlett Dawn. Gargoyle knocked my socks off and left me eager for more.

What I Loved: Paranormal romance is my jam and Gargoyle hit all the right notes for me - smoking hot alpha who is a smidge of jerk but still swoon worthy, plucky hero
Kristy
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of "Gargoyle" from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Oh my goodness, "Gargoyle" is the first book I've read by Scarlett Dawn, not knowing what I was in for I started this book, I was soon drawn into the story. I was really intrigued with how this was going to end. "Gargoyle" is Scarlett's installment for the "Woodland Creek" collection, a collaboration of 30 authors all writing about 1 little town in Indiana USA, I was intrigued with the concept behind this collectio
Amy
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gargoyle was such a fun read for me. This is the first book that I’ve read by Scarlett Dawn and I’m super excited to read more from her.

Gargoyle is a quick, but fun and entertaining read. The story was fast paced, well-written and kept my attention the whole time. I found the characters to be intriguing and easy to connect with. The story-line was really enjoyable. It was different from what I normally read. I loved all of the paranormal elements. I really enjoyed the paranormal world that this
Ronnie
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Take two Wizards, a family of Gargoyles and a city full of unknowing Humans and you get Woodland Creek. Gargoyle by Scarlett Dawn id Hot, hot, hot!!! From the first word to the last she sucked me in and kept me interested in Kennedy and Isaac's story. they are drawn together because the two of them need to save the world from a insane Wizard.

Though this is a short story it keeps you on the edge of your seat and the sexual tension between Kennedy and Isaac is undeniable!!! I would like to read m
Rhonda Jones
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really Good Story

I read a lot of paranormal romance. While a lot of the stories are similar I never get tired of them. This one however was a surprise. It was truly different. I loved the characters. But not because they were nice or sweet or loveable. They were real, with flaws and deception. There are no perfect characters in this book, and I loved it. And the storyline was fabulous. I never guessed who the bad guy was until it was practically spelled out for me. Terrific book.
Alice Ballinger
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing, magical and brilliant

I loved this book, it was completely different to anything I've ever read. It pulled me in from the very beginning, I read it all in one sitting.
Isaac is my new favourite book boyfriend. He's hot, kinda sweet and definitely alpha!
I would love to read more of this series. Scarlett Dawn has done (yet again) an incredible job of bringing characters to life. I love her writing style, her storylines and character developments.
Gwen
May 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Horrible, this book was just horrible do not buy it! I expected so much more from this author. The book reads like a zero draft. I don't think any proof reading or editing was done at all. There are massive holes in the plot and the characters can only be described as wishy washy and one dimensional. If I didn't know any better I would say this was a first time author or a child who wrote this. Don't waste your money or time on this story!
  • Shadow Cursed (The Daughters of Darkness #2)
  • Dawn of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #3)
  • Captive Films: Season 2 (Captive Films, #2)
  • Me (Perfect Chaos, #1)
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • Love Hate Love
  • Exchange of Fire (SBG, #1)
  • Scarred
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • His (Hers, #4)
  • Torrid (Torrid Trilogy, #1)
  • Lunar Passing (The Caged Moon Series Book 2)
  • Crowned by Hate (Crowned #1)
  • Steal the Moon (Thieves, #3)
  • Fire in the Smokies (Durham Wolves, #2)
  • The Flesh Cartel, Season 1: Damnation
  • Wrapped in Shadows
  • Hecate's Own (Heart's Desire, #2)
New York Times bestselling author and award-winner, Scarlett Dawn, is the mastermind behind the Forever Evermore fantasy series, the Origin paranormal dystopian stories, the Vampire Crown paranormal romance thrillers, the Mark science fantasy saga, and the Lion Security contemporary romance series.

She lives in the Midwest, adores her music loud, and demands her fries covered in melted cheese.

Newsl

Woodland Creek (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Zenko (Woodland Creek)
  • Bear with Me
  • Crow's Caw at Nightmoon Creek (Woodland Creek)
  • The Scarlett Legacy
  • Moonlit Feathers (Woodland Creek)
  • Treagar's Redemption
  • Phoenix Reborn (Woodland Creek)
  • Broken Wings (Woodland Creek)
  • Dragon's Web (Woodland Creek)
  • Running Free (Woodland Creek)