Start by marking “Love at Fourteen, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Love at Fourteen, Vol. 4

Love at Fourteen, Vol. 4

(Love at Fourteen #4)

As the weather cools down--bringing with it a change of pace and uniforms--preparations for the upcoming sports festival begin to heat up. But when Kazuki is picked as an executive member of the festival committee, Kanata can't help feeling a little left behind. Will these two manage to keep up their mature smiles and endure this time apart?
Published September 22nd 2015 by Yen Press (first published April 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love at Fourteen, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love at Fourteen, Vol. 4

Skye Kilaen
Not sure I’m going to keep going with this series. I’m starting to feel like Tanaka and Yoshikawa are a little static, and so is Aoi’s crush on Tanaka. I’m beyond creeped out by the music teacher’s behavior with Nagai as well. I’m glad I read the first couple of volumes, but given how much there is to read in the universe, this just doesn’t seem like a good use of my entertainment time.
Feliza Casano
This series is a beautiful tribute to the innocence and purity of first love. Kanata and Kazuki’s interactions remind me of ones I had with my own first love – and with ten years between me and the fourteen-year-old girl experiencing her first romance, the reminder feels a little bittersweet, but exists in a frothy, rose-colored haze.

Read more at Girls in Capes.
Emma
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love how true-to-life the main couple is. They act like real teens, even though they are depicted as mature. So often "mature teen"=excuse to have them act like an adult. This isn't the case in this manga. There are sweet moments, embarrassing moments, and it explores the new feelings and thoughts that teens start to get at fourteen. I'm still waiting to see how the teacher flirting with Nagai works out... she seems to realize that it's wrong (duh). I don't know if other readers feel this way, ...more
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, manga

I wish the implied relationship of the student and teacher would be erased from the series existence entirely. I'm so disgusted by the teacher at this point that it's not even funny. She gets this sinister look on her face when she's trying to manipulate or take advantage of him, and it's not even remotely all right. I just don't like the side characters, and I still don't see why the main ones have to hide their "true selves" or their relationship from the student body.
Samma
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While the original relationship and some of the side stories are interesting...I am continually off-put by the teacher/student relationship being implied. Especially as it seems like the teacher is the initiator. Just kind of gross and creepy. Loosing interest rather quickly now, but I'll try and push through the next volume.
Eressea
吃掉學生是不行滴
Chloé
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Review: 4 Stars

I could relate to this volume a lot - being young, in love, and yet being separated by extracurriculars is hard, especially at this age.
Miquel Rodriguez
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I just keep reading to know if someone will do actually some evolving but deep down I know they wont. I can't say I don't like the series. But I'm sure that I will remember nothing in a month.
Chris
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Very cute. Nagai’s relationship with that teacher is a little fucked.
MC
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since the school festival and sports festival are staples of Japanese culture and inculcation in the educational and social sphere, they inevitably end up in works based around school-age characters. Love at Fourteen is no exception.

Volume 4 is the sports festival volume. We see some trials and angst as our main couple deal with being to busy to sneak away some time with each other. Of course, this is only because they insist on trying to hide their relationship to appear as "mature" as everyone
Judyth (Geeky Reading)
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
~4/5

Kanata and Kazuki try so hard to be mature, sometimes it’s even to their detriment. Especially since they’re trying so hard to keep their relationship a secret. Sneaking around to see each other after class, between classes sometimes. Trying to coordinate uniforms, working on the sports festival and organizing time together around it. They’re cute, even if they’re trying not to be.

Then there’s Nagai and the teacher, and how even though she teases him relentlessly, she still gets flustered by
Isis
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly the cutest, sweetest series I've read so far and I'm furious it took me so long to start it. I just love everything about it from the drawings to actual story line and especially the characters! It really captures the pangs and sweet moments of a teenager captured in the throes of their first love. Cannot wait for volume 5!
Ashleigh
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-the-shelf
I cried. Perfection.
Doremili
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
los amo..
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
The covers for these are just adorable. The story is getting interesting. The pace for this is also good.
Annabelle
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update: still perfectly cute.
Liza
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute but the teacher/student relationship is still super problematic.
Nightshade6
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I think this one was probably the best in the series so far! Really wanted to give it four stars. I loooove Nagai's story.
Anna
Associated Names:
MIZUTANI Fuca
MIZUTANI Fuuka

Zodiac: Cancer

Love at Fourteen (9 books)
  • Love at Fourteen, Vol. 1 (Love at Fourteen, #1)
  • 14歳の恋 2 [14-sai no Koi 2] (Love at Fourteen, #2)
  • 14歳の恋 3 [14-sai no Koi 3] (Love at Fourteen, #3)
  • 14歳の恋 5 [14-sai no Koi 5] (Love at Fourteen, #5)
  • 14歳の恋 6 [14-sai no Koi 6] (Love at Fourteen, #6)
  • 14歳の恋 7 [14-sai no Koi 7] (Love at Fourteen, #7)
  • Love at Fourteen, Vol. 8