Start by marking “Grandma's Little Black Book of Recipes - From 1910” as Want to Read:
Grandma's Little Black Book of Recipes - From 1910

Grandma's Little Black Book of Recipes - From 1910

This little black book was discovered in an attic in 2015. The typed recipes and instructions are a direct translation of the handwriting seen in the photographs on each page. To preserve its authenticity, no extra instructions have been added. The cover is a photograph of the actual book, (with title added.)

Bring your tablet into the rural English kitchen of 1910. Reliv
Published March 16th 2015 by Les Dale

Be the first to ask a question about Grandma's Little Black Book of Recipes - From 1910

Start your review of Grandma's Little Black Book of Recipes - From 1910
nikki mc mains
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I found no usable recipes. No insights, no comments on the weather, nor anything personal to the author. Most recipes were incomplete. The handwriting was interesting to see, and try to puzzle out. Many of the ingredients were obscure.
It was a very, very fast read, maybe 10 minutes, so you won't be wasting much time.
I don't know if this is a different edition or not, but my edition does not have any fun little details about weather, or gossipy tidbits, the photocopied squares of the original, handwritten recipes are about the size of what would fit in the area of a photo frame, if you didn't zoom in or out. I was intrigued that the handwriting, even down to the paper looks like my Great Grandmother's recipes.
As others have said the recipes that are typed out are not complete, I am assuming due to th
Denise Rodriguez
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grandma's recipes

Lot of love went into those recipes. Thanks I enjoyed seeing some recipes my grandmother used to make. It brought back find memories of cooking in the kitchen with my loved ones.
Denise
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Can't wait to try recipes. Thanks for sharing.

There should not be a set amount of words required for reviews
Manda
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
cute for what it was
RACHELLE ARLINDA HAYES
JUST OK

JUST OK . IT WAS A FEW THAT I LIKE . BUT NOT A BOOK I WOULD BUY . IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HIGHER SCORE IF THERE HAD BEEN MORE RECIPE THAT I LIKED.
Shirley Johnston
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
When I read that this book was someone's grandmother's actual cookbook, I was intrigued. Then when I was informed that it actually was a cookbook from England Pre-World War I...well I was hooked! I just had to see how recipes so old would transfer over. I was drawn more to the little book (with copies of the interior of actual handwritten recipes) as not a cookbook but a history book.

And I wasn't disappointed! It took a bit of research to learn what certain ingredients were, not to mention meas
Kaeleah
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Nice short read

I feel the recipes are a bit obscure and from the sounds in the directions, are rather a bit scattered..
JOHN
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Keepsake

What a treasure wouldn't change a thing about this sweet little book. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.
Karla Farrington
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recipes sound inviting

Love this cookbook you could feel the love in each photo of the recipe. Can't wait to try Queens Cake.
Andi
rated it did not like it
Aug 02, 2017
Measurements 1 1 Apr 25, 2015 05:31AM

• Never Binge Again: Reprogram Yourself to Think Like a Permanently Thin Person
  • Hungry: Eating, Road-Tripping, and Risking It All with the Greatest Chef in the World
  • The Baking Bible
  • Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat
  • Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking
  • How to Cook Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Food
  • From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • Betty Crocker Lost Recipes: Beloved Vintage Recipes for Today's Kitchen
  • The Silver Palate Cookbook
  • The Goddess Revolution: Make Peace with Food, Love Your Body and Reclaim Your Life
  • Хочу и буду. Принять себя, полюбить жизнь и стать счастливым
  • Jacques Pépin Heart  Soul in the Kitchen