Start by marking “Slow Play (The Rules, #3)” as Want to Read:
Slow Play (The Rules, #3)

Slow Play (The Rules #3)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  1,914 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
Newly broke girl Alexandria Asher just wants to live a normal life. After her parents are sent to prison on embezzlement charges, she enrolls in college under her mother’s maiden name and tries her best to pretend she’s someone else.

312 pages
Published October 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Slow Play, please sign up.

Monica Murphy I hope it lives up to your expectations...his book turned out to be my favorite of the three....even more than Shep's (and I love Shep). :)

Monica Murphy
Sep 16, 2015 Monica Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Let's talk about Tristan! And Alex! And everyone else in this book!

Ten Things About SLOW PLAY:

1. Tristan is an a-hole. He says the worst things ever. He just...speaks his mind. I adore him.

2. Alexandria (aka Alex) is the perfect girl for him. He needs someone who will call him out on his B.S. She does that perfectly.

3. SHEP IS ALL OVER THIS BOOK. EVERYWHERE.

4. SO IS GABE.

5. AND LUCY AND JADE TOO!

6. There's a sexy party. That's all I'm going to say about that.

7. Sex and the City is like...a secon
Violina The Romance Lover
6 "TRISTAN & ALEXANDRIA" stars

“Tell me, angel. What do you want for Christmas that only I can give you?”
“Are you sure you want to hear this?”
“Definitely.”
“I want—love. Real, ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love,”

This book gave me EVERYTHING I need from a book! It was so REALISTIC to me, so light, funny and OH, SO SEXY!

What I found so awesome was that, like Monica Murphy said, Sex And The City was all over this book! As a HUGE-never-endin
Michelle
2.5 - 3 Stars!
I loved the first book in Monica Murphy's The Rules series, didn't finish the second book and this one fell flat around 50%. I skimmed to the end even though from the description of the book I already knew what was coming around 90%.
Yea I'm done trying to read this series it's just not for me.
Sabrina
Sep 16, 2015 Sabrina rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Alex recently lost both her parents and all of the families money when they went to jail for embezzlement. She decided that it was her opportunity to reinvent herself and moves away from home to go to college, using her mothers maiden name. She keeps her head down and doesn't try very hard to make friends.

Tristan is the manwhore on campus that decides he wants her, and what he wants he usually gets. But he's tired of people seeing him as the playboy with no responsibilities and when Al
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Rendered Image

Monica Murphy..if you are reading this review, I am a bit sad to say goodbye to Shep, Gabe, and Tristan. Reading the last installment of The Rules is a bittersweet feeling but I am thrilled that Tristan Prescott is finally a taken man and is no longer the fifth wheel!!!

#slowplay

Tristan Prescott never thought he would be the one tied down to one girl. He was the bad boy manwhore of the group. If you expected a relationship, I am sorry to inform you t
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I absolutely loved Shep and Gabe from the previous two books in this series, but when it came to Tristan my feelings for him were quite the opposite, so I was eager to get stuck into this book to see if Monica could change my mind. As soon as the book hit my kindle, I began reading. Tristan had always come across as being a huge player so when he met A
Polly
By far the best in this series!
Loved it
☆♥☆Kotyonok★♡★
EDIT: 8/24/16

I can't do it. I can't get through this bullshit with character inconsistencies on every page. I had a problem on every one of my status updates. Maybe another time. Or never.

EDIT: 10/9/15

This author does not know her own character story lines.
In Five Days Until You, as Chelsea is talking to Shep, Tristan comes and says, and I QUOTE,

"I'm the nicer Prescott. Just thought I'd let you know."

AND DON'T MAKE THE ARGUMENT HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET IN CHELSEA'S PANTS SO HE WAS ACTING N
Sheryl
Apr 14, 2015 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!! I honestly think that when a HUGE manwhore falls in love, it's seriously like the sweetest thing ever!!! And Tristan... *SWOON*. I have to agree with you, Monica Murphy, I too LOVE Tristan the best!!! *HAPPY SIGH*
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
description
description
~~4.5 HEARTS~~

Tristian, Tristian, Tristian! I'm so glad he got his own book and I love reading about how Alexandria brought him to his knees. This had little drama and I enjoyed that. I haven't came across a Monica Murphy book that I didn't enjoy. I love her writing style and all the stories are great.
Alexandra
Jun 07, 2015 Alexandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: college
**** 4 stars ****
This was the third book in a series that had up and downs. That is, the first book and this one were winners, the second I just dnf. There's not a lot going on in this book. It's the old "asshole manwhore is brought to his need by a good girl" storyline. But I really liked it!
Bella
What a great series by Monica Murphy!!!!

I loved Fair Game (5 Stars) and In the Dark (4 stars) so I was really excited to read Slow Play. Tristan has given Shep and Gabe a ton of crap over being in a relationship, so I was ready to watch him fall in love.

Things I loved about this book:
- The writing - just sucks me in!
- Alternating POV - my favorite way to read a book.
- Chemistry - we get the slow burn here....and then it just explodes!!!
- Alexandria - great heroine!!! She doesn't fawn all over
Tahsin
4.5 stars?

This one surprised me, in the very best way possible. Two reluctant characters coming together, both passionately standing their ground and staying true to who they are, but still getting along together with explosive chemistry. What more could a girl ask for? This story is my favorite of the series - loved it!
Penny
Oct 01, 2015 Penny rated it really liked it
4 stars.
Naomi
May 12, 2015 Naomi rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Slow Play is the third book in The Rules series, and it features Tristan, the broody one of the trio, who is determined to stick to the one and done rule that the three guys were adapting in college. Except now, his cousin Shep and friend Gabe are both in stable relationships and he has been left on his own.

The girl who makes Tristan question everything he believes in is Alexandra. She’s a nice girl, who has struggled since her parents are out of the pict
Holly - Holly's Hot Reads
Mar 18, 2015 Holly - Holly's Hot Reads rated it it was amazing
“Someday it will happen to you,” Shep says confidently. “And I can’t wait to tell you I told you so.”
Well, it's safe to say that I completely loved Tristan and Alex's story. I was caught hook, line and sinker, in this latest release from Monica Murphy.

In the previous books in this series, I didn't like Tristan in the slightest. I'd be surprised if many readers did! But I think when a character is a complete man whore/douche canoe, it's exciting for them to have a book, because you know that th
Amanda Worden
Jun 14, 2015 Amanda Worden rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Tristan.
Stacia- Three Girls and a Book Obsession
3.5-4 stars

Slow Play is the third book in the Rules Series, but I think each of these books could be read as a standalone. Although you probably want to go ahead and read Fair Game (book #1) and In the Dark (book #2) because they are just super cute and both such fun books to read! Plus the main characters from both of those books are mentioned in this one.

Honestly going into this book, I wasn't sure if I would like Tristan Prescott. He comes off as such an arrogant bastard and is pretty much ju
Nadine Bookaholic
He’s the player of all players…
Tristan Prescott is everything Alex is trying to avoid. A seemingly egotistical, lazy, rich jerk, she dumps her beer on his head when he comes on to her one night at a party. This only spurs Tristan into action. He loves nothing more th
*Queen of Hearts*
Jun 24, 2015 *Queen of Hearts* rated it it was amazing
“I touch you and it’s like electricity sparks between us. I look into your eyes and I feel like I’m fucking drowning. And when I kiss you, I never want to stop.”
I won this ARC in a giveaway & let me tell u that made my month,made my year actually.Let's talk about Tristan Prescott. I knew from the other books that his book...his story would be amazing. He had me intrigued before I even read SLOW PLAY. That to me is how you know your reading a great book by a great author. When they (Monica Mu
Kara
Oct 28, 2016 Kara rated it really liked it
Shelves: hoopla
I liked Tristan & Alexandria. This was a great audiobook!
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog
Slow Play is a sinfully delicious, sweet, suspenseful, and swoon-worthy modern-day Cinderella story that sucks you in from the very page, slowly stimulating your emotions while seizing your heart and soul. The third story in the riveting and romantic Rules Series, Slow Play is the best book in this terrific trio. Move over sexy and smart-mouthed Shep, and make way for hot and heart-melting cousin Tristan! You’ll be on Team Tristan after reading this wonderful, witty, and wanton-inducing romance. ...more
Sandy
Jan 12, 2017 Sandy rated it liked it
3.5 stars-

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 13, 2015

FMR Book Grind
Oct 13, 2015 FMR Book Grind rated it it was amazing
TATIA'S REVIEW
5 STARS

I remember seeing a picture that Ms. Murphy posted on Instagram saying how excited she was about the release of Slow Play, about how Tristan's story was her favorite in the series. I thought to myself that it would have to be some story to beat Shep in my book. He's always been my favorite. Well, Ms. Murphy, guess who's story is now my #1?
Elsa Gomes
Feb 25, 2017 Elsa Gomes rated it it was amazing
Rate: 4,6 / 5 stars

It's the third book in a series of four and it tells Tristan and Alex's story. Each book in the series deals with a true manwhore falling in love for the first time and their 'One and done rule' soon turns into 'The One' pretty fast. Although Tristan did resist the falling in love ordeal till the very last moment. Tristan was a real asshole and in the previous books is always was one in basically every scene he made an appearance. His asshole ways are explained in this book,
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

So, if I’m going to be completely honest, I wasn’t entirely sure I would like Tristan’s book. I’ve been having trouble reading books with “manwhores” in them as of late. I’ve lost my tolerance for their bullshit. I went back and forth quite a bit in the beginning. But, once I accepted him for who he was and, more importantly, who he was becoming, I kinda loved him. A lot.

The characters definitely drove this book. I really liked Alex from the begi
Jessica
Oct 15, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
5/5 amazing friggin' I love the hell out of you Tristan stars..

It's been quite a while since I've posted a review. Guess I haven't been in the mood lately. After reading this, I just couldn't pass it up...

I'll start my review by fan-girling real quickly. MONICA friggin' MURPHY. I can't even explain how much I love this woman. Every single thing she puts her name on is amazing. Like.... How?! Why can't I be that damn awesome? Anyway, she amazing. Her books are written with such realism that I ca
Tatia
Oct 21, 2015 Tatia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fmr-reviews
5 stars!!

Man-whoring, asshole, black-hearted, stuck-in-his-ways Tristan. He's has selfish as they come. He uses women for one thing - his pleasure. He's neve
Petra Sýkorová
May 08, 2015 Petra Sýkorová rated it it was amazing
Alexandria měla kdysi vše, na co si ukázala… ne, že by jí to ale jakkoli dalo lásku její prominentních rodičů. Jenže ti jsou teď na dlouho v chládku a Alex netouží po ničem jiném než po normálním životě.

To by ale nesměla padnout do oka největšímu záletníkovi široko daleko, který rozhodně dostane každou, která ho zaujme. Ovšem Alex mu hned pěkně od plic řekne, co si o takových, jako je on, vlastně myslí a že s ním nechce mít nic společného. Tím ho jen ještě víc naláká.

Najednou se ale Tristan začí
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I am always game for an easy read with a typical bad boy that falls flat on his face for a girl and quite honestly has no shame in how quickly it happens and that it actually does happen. Tristan may think he feels a certain way about his best buds now being in love but all it takes is the right girl and that just happens to be Alex. There is no shortage of college aged fun which of course includes crap decisions and wishy washy feelings. We have more dual POV which I love !! We get to hang out ...more
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
  • Just Her Luck
  • Soar (Cold Mark Saga #5)
  • No Kissing Allowed
  • His Plaything
  • The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5)
  • Strictly Stuck (Jade's Diaries, Strictly, #1)
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Spend the Night III (The Hotel Collection, #3)
  • Escalation (Clandestine Affairs, #2)
  • Blood Guilt (Blood Hunters, #1)
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc., #1)
  • Spencer (Not your average British romance, #1)
  • Dirty Past (The Burke Brothers, #2)
  • Gia (Lawful, #1)
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: http://bit.ly/2b1SzV6

Check out my Facebook page for more info & regular updates: http://www.facebook.com/MonicaMurphya...

Hang out with me on Instagram!
More about Monica Murphy...

The Rules (4 books)
  • Fair Game (The Rules, #1)
  • In the Dark (The Rules, #2)
  • Safe Bet (The Rules, #4)

“What does it mean when a girl texts you a bunch of x’s and o’s?” I ask, frowning at my screen. “Are you for real right now?” When I send Shep a helpless look he shakes his head, muttering under his breath. “It means hugs and kisses, dumbass. Jesus, where have you been? Living under a rock?” 5 likes
“Words are meaningless when there are no actions backing them up. Prove to me that you feel that way. Don't just tell me, show me.” 1 likes