Start by marking “In the Dark (The Rules, #2)” as Want to Read:
In the Dark (The Rules, #2)

In the Dark (The Rules #2)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  2,024 Ratings  ·  177 Reviews
Stuck spending the summer with his screwed up family, Gabriel Walker is bored out of his mind and looking for an adventure. And he seems to find it with the hot girl who lives next door. The attraction between them is instant. Electric. Soon they’re spending every stolen minute together. Talk about the perfect summer fling…

Lucy isn’t what she seems. She doesn’t live next d
Published August 25th 2015 (first published August 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about In the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Dark

Beverly
Aug 19, 2015 Beverly rated it really liked it
In the Dark is Lucy and Gabe's story. We first met Gabe in Fair Game is he is Shep's best friend. Keep in mind these are all about different couples and can be read as standalone.

Gabe comes from a wealthy family and is staying with this family at beach house for the summer. It just Lucy and her mother and they have been struggling to get by their whole lives. That is when the opportunity comes up for her to spend the summer housesitting their beach house she takes the chance.

Gabe is immediately
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 13, 2015 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc

4 Gabe Can Find Me in the Dark Stars

In the Dark is a standalone and is part of The Rules series. Each book is about the three guys who are best friends.

Fair Game, #1 - > Shep and Jade’s Story

In the Dark #2 - > Gabe and Luce’s Story

Slow Play #3 - > Tristan and Alexandria’s Story

I like this series because it has elements I look for in a college romance read. I like that each book are standalones. I love that it’s light-hearted and they are easy reads. I also like there are strong Heroes (
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

" This girl...she's mine. She is it for me. And she doesn't even fucking know it yet."

I absolutely adore Monica Murphy and her books. There is nothing like getting lost in her books, characters, and writing. And in her newest release, In the Dark is a prime example of how addicted I am to The Rules Series. Ms. Murphy has managed to captured the sweet, sexy, fun, and humorous side of the New Adult genre.

#inthedark3

In The Dark was a fun, sexy, and swe
Violina The Romance Lover
4 "Sweet Gabe" stars

I want to give her the moon and the stars and everything in between..

We've met Gabe in Fair game . He was the easy going, sexy bad boy who liked to sleep with different girls every night, but he is so much more!

Besides his smoking hot body and cocky guy attitude he was a lonley man!
In this story we see Gabe falling inlove ! He is changing, he wants to love and be loved. He wants to be loyal and worth it for The One and this one has a name.. Lucy !

When th
Sabrina
Jul 09, 2015 Sabrina rated it really liked it
Warning: In the Dark can lead to a severe Gabe addiction. You will want Gabriel Walker in a way you have never wanted a book boyfriend before. Proceed with caution!

Gabe is on vacation with his family when he spots the beauty next door. One look is all it takes for him to become obsessed and soon he is following her schedule and sitting outside everyday when he knows she will be going for a swim. He finally gets the courage to pursue her but when he does he realizes she isn't like he expected - s
Monica Murphy
Aug 26, 2015 Monica Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Here I go again, giving my own book a five star review but really I'm just wanting to share with you some graphic teasers that you can use if you want. This series is pure sexy, silly fun, though I will confess - Gabe & Lucy's story has a little more angst in it! Hope you enjoy. :)

photo ITDTeaser1-Insta_zpsavhntaiw.jpg

photo ITDTeaser4-Insta_zpse1tjg4hu.jpg

photo ITDTeaser3-Insta_zpso37kkelq.jpg

Michelle
Loved the first book but couldn't get into this one. Lucy and her weight issue is on my nerve. She had no issues with her curves in the beginning wearing her tiny black two piece swimming everyday while Gabe was spying on her. Now that they've met it's just stupid and I can't take it any more. Come on! If you were fat you wouldn't be in a two pc showing off unless you were confidant enough to own your body! And you would have to be fucking huge to break a damn couch and I still have doubts that ...more
☆♥☆Kotyonok★♡★
1.5 STARS
My God this was worse than the first one, if that's even possible.

Monica Murphy stated this book had more angst than the first one.

Angst
/äNG(k)st/
noun: angst
D:a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.

THERE WAS 0 ANGST IN THIS BOOK, IT WAS LUST,SEX,LUST,SEX,PREGNANCY SCARE, BREAKUP, THEN SEX, AND A RANDOM HALLOWEEN PARTY IN THE END

Gabriel Walker is a typical rich boy. While he is described as good-natur
Naomi
May 12, 2015 Naomi rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

After reading and loving Fair Game, the first book in The Rules series, I knew I had to snap up the next book and meet the woman who would tame Gabe. He couldn’t understand Shep’s obsession with Jade and planned on staying single… until he met Lucy.

In the Dark was basically told in two parts; the first part was the summer holiday fling where Gabe and Lucy met. It was funny at first because Gabe seemed to be a bit of a creeper… watching Lucy from his balcon
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo Rushton 4.5 Stars

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

Wow! Monica Murphy is on fire at the moment. Every single book that I read from this author, or her alter ego Karen Erickson, has been a brilliant read. I absolutely love Monica's books and this new series just reaffirms to me why she is one of my favourite authors. Her books are a joy to read and they always make me swoon.
I was jus
Bella
Aug 19, 2015 Bella rated it really liked it
Monica Murphy always sucks me in with her writing. The second book in The Rules series is a fun, sexy read.

What I loved about this book:
~ The chemistry! Man, did Lucy and Gabe have that magnetic pull to each other. I loved how they tried to resist each other, but it just didn't work. Gabe was drawn to Lucy and Lucy couldn't resist.

~ Alternating POV - my favorite way to read a story!

~ The writing - so easy to read Monica Murphy's writing.

At times this story felt a bit rushed - I would have lo
Aliana Milano
Jul 14, 2015 Aliana Milano rated it it was amazing
Yup...... read it night and finished it one sitting. Fucking loved it! Now go read it!
Valerie
Aug 16, 2015 Valerie rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and was excited to read this one. Gabe is a total player in the first book. Once and done. And the whole watching Shep fall for Jade - he didn't want any of that. But then he spends the summer with Lucy.

It starts from him watching her and moves to him not able to resist her. They have an interesting kinda fling for the summer. But Luce is lying to him. I always struggle when a character is lying. And it was the same here. I didn't really see the nee
Briar Rose
May 17, 2015 Briar Rose rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, ebook, new-adult
DNF at 33%

I couldn't take this book anymore. The main character is a thick, curvy girl who isn't comfortable in her skin because she has a big booty and hips. I read a dinner scene where the female wants a water and grilled chicken sandwich because she's doesn't think the dude will like her weight and says she on a diet.

The male character, of course, says "I think you're perfect the way you are. Order this double cheeseburger, cheese fries, and vanilla coke" and she's like "fuck it. I love food
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
I enjoyed Gabe & Lucy's story
Holly - Holly's Hot Reads
Mar 18, 2015 Holly - Holly's Hot Reads rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Another great book from Ms. Murphy! I loved Gabe and Lucy's story. In The Dark was sexy and full of heart!

Full review to come

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

3 Stars !

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author and Wordsmith Publicity

In the Dark, is the second book of his series, where another of the boys has fallen.  Which is quite the far drop from the one and done rule, these boys lived by.

Gabriel (Gabe) Walker is the more even keeled of the three boys.  He too comes from a rich, demanding family, where they dictate what is expected of him.  But Gabe, wants a different life then what they want.

Lucy comes a single mother, who learned
Lindy
Mar 18, 2015 Lindy rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

The Rules Series makes for some sexy and light reading! It is about cousins Shep, Tristan, best friend Gabe, and the women that tame these bad boys. These three college guys live a life of wealth and privilege, are gorgeous, and use to women falling at their feet. There group motto has been "one and done," because they don't want to have any commitments while in college. However, we saw Shep, the biggest player of the group, fall in love with Jade in the first book in the series, Fai
Grace
Aug 14, 2015 Grace rated it liked it
Another manwhore goes down! Book two in this series features Gabe, one of the three rich Slutketeers.

In book one, Shep found his match and quickly gave up one-night stands for Jade. When summer arrives, Gabe is bored out of his mind at his parents house, but at least he has a nice view. That would be his neighbor Lucy.

Stunned that the beautiful man is interested in her, she doesn't correct him when he assumes she's a rich Daddy's girl. While Gabe initially only wants Lucy to provide some summer
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

In the Dark is the second book in a new, new adult contemporary romance series from Monica Murphy. It's called the Rules Series and these books just keep getting better and better. The Rules Series is follows Shep, his friend Gabe and his cousin Tristan. I enjoyed Shep's story, Fair Game, but I knew right away that I wouldn't be able to wait for Gabe's story. Gabe was a breath of fresh air in In the Dark.

The story is
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Jul 23, 2015 Natasha (books_n_dreams) rated it really liked it
In the Dark is absolutely cute. I immediately love the flirtatiousness that you get in this story, it's like a constant tease and you are just like aw so cute, but please do something. So yeah, it got a little bit frustrating but that's ok because I still really enjoyed this book. The story flowed very nicely together and how it took every scene and blended it to the next even if it had been more than a day or month.

I think the one thing I liked the most about this story was the brutal honesty
Heroesinbooks
4 GABE AND LUCY STARS

I really enjoyed this second book in the series. I liked Gabe from the start but took a little while to warm up to Lucy- her lack of self confidence wore a little thin at times so I was delighted when she showed the strong , determined side of herself. It was sad how isolated she had been. Good to see Jade and Shep. As for Tristan....hmmm....Ms Murphy has her work cut out with his character I think and I am very intrigued to learn more about the guy who , for me , is the lea
Brit
Out of all the books I've read by author Monica Murphy this is the least favorite. I just couldn't connect to the story or the characters.
Feb 24, 2017 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Ok so I always thought Gabe would be last of the trio to fall. I've liked Gabe from beginning his personality is capivativted you will fall np matter what. I it's kind of funny how he use harp on shep about jade when low and behold he did the same thing lol. I like lucy she seems real and down to earth. And just because she doesn't come from money doesn't make her a gold digger she never once asked Gabe for anything. Gabe just needed a kick in the as and the right woman.
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

After thoroughly enjoying the first book in Monica's new Rules series, Fair Game, when I read it a couple months ago, I couldn't wait to see what would come next in this series. I really liked the setting and the characters and, especially, the growth in those characters over the course of the book. I was excited to see Gabe get "tamed."

I couldn't help but smile at the pairing of Gabe and Lucy. The rich player meets the not-so-rich virgin. I was
Shaunna
May 13, 2015 Shaunna rated it it was ok
I understand what the author was trying to do here, but for me, she completely missed the mark. In her acknowledgements, she states that she isn't trying to reinvent the wheel, but instead trying to write something fun and sexy. Well, the story is entirely predictable and the characters one-dimensional and interchangeable, however I did not have any fun or find this terribly sexy.

I'll start with what I enjoyed. Ms. Murphy knows how to write a great meet-cute. So far in this series, the initial
Petra Sýkorová
May 08, 2015 Petra Sýkorová rated it it was amazing
Lucy čeká poslední léto před vysokou školou, a proto si potřebuje našetřit pořádné peníze, aby měla vůbec z čeho studovat. Už si zvykla na to, že doma nemají zrovna plno peněz, ačkoliv se její matka snaží, seč může a Lucy je na ni hrdá. Proto když se naskytne příležitost hlídat přes lésto sídlo jedněch boháčů, Lucy nadšeně na nabídku kývne.

Netušila ovšem, že se ve vedlejším domě objeví hříšně přitažlivý a sympatický Gabe, s nímž bude chtít prožít daleko víc než jen obyčejné líbání. Už od začátku
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Aug 15, 2015 Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, blogtours
If you have read the first book of this series Fair Game, that is where we first meet Gabe. He is the ultimate player who's is manwhoring habit. He finally got his own book talk about excited! We see a different side of his persona which I for one found refreshing. Gabe goes on a vacation with his family. For two straight weeks Gabe kept ogling at the girl next store. When Gabe finally grew some balls he talks to her. All along Lucy has known that he has been observing her from a far. We instant ...more
JBird831
3.5 Stars

Cute story with likable characters... There wasn't a lot of drama, just a quick read about two people falling in love over the summer... I did feel that there were some things that should have been expanded on or had more details written about; like the issue with Gabe's parents or Lucy's mom... Gabe's life was always depicted as being controlled by his parents but I didn't really get that feeling... I would have enjoyed reading about Gabe standing up to his parents about his life/choic
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Just Her Luck
  • Strictly off Limits (Jade's Diaries, Strictly, #0.5)
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
  • Towing the Line (World Apart, #2)
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
  • Soar (Cold Mark Saga #5)
  • Reckless Nights (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • Finding Haven
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Capture (Seaside Pictures, #1)
  • Hidden (Hiding from Love, #3)
  • Bradley's Whistle (Kink Harder Presents, #2)
  • The Heart's Game (Kelly Brothers, #4)
  • Wicked Restless (Harper Boys, #2)
  • Runaway Cowboy (Rodeo #3.5)
  • My Lady Faye (Sir Arthur's Legacy, #2)
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: http://bit.ly/2b1SzV6

Check out my Facebook page for more info & regular updates: http://www.facebook.com/MonicaMurphya...

Hang out with me on Instagram!
More about Monica Murphy...

The Rules (4 books)
  • Fair Game (The Rules, #1)
  • Slow Play (The Rules, #3)
  • Safe Bet (The Rules, #4)