Start by marking “Prescription for Love (A Rivers Community Romance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prescription for Love (A Rivers Community Romance, #2)

Prescription for Love

(A Rivers Community Romance #2)

Flannery Rivers is content to let her sister Harper carry on the family dynasty—at The Rivers hospital where they both work and on the home front. Now that Harper is settled and soon to be happily married, Flannery can ease back into her life of casual flirtations and find all the excitement she needs in the ER. She’s even got her next playmate all lined up, or so she thin ...more
Published November 10th 2015 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Prescription for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prescription for Love

Diane Wallace
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay series!
If this was suppose to be a love story then my expectations of it failed because the storyline lacks an abundance of chemistry between everyone and i got very frustrated with both the writing and direction of the storyline. Involved in this series:- one female (Flannery) looking to bed any female she meets -- with no recourse or feelings and has lots of anger issues -- then here is a single mother (Abby) who also has a young son to care for - who wants to be a transgender and is deal
Kristin
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
After reading the first book of this series, I was curious about the second book. Well it turns out this one is even more disappointing than the first one. The story started good actually I though this one is going to be better but alas! I couldn't be more wrong. Even though I'm still curious about the next book, I think I'm going to stop at book no. 2 for this series(I don't want to get mad at Radclyffe because I mostly like her books!).
Netty
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Crikey... thats got to be the thickest slice of cheese on the end of this book I've ever seen!
Pin
It seems to me as if Radclyffe ran out of patience or time for the last quarter of the book.
Tara
As you can see from my tags, there's a lot going on in this book!

If you liked Harper and Presley's book, which I did, then you'll like this too. I was hoping Flannery would get her own book and I wasn't disappointed, even if her love interest wasn't who I thought it would be. This is a small town romance more than a medical, but I still appreciated seeing the struggles of how to effectively provide rural health care in a way that is profitable and makes sense for the community (although as a Ca
~ * K E L L I E * ~
I liked Prescription for Love but I didn't love it. Don't get me wrong, 95% of the book was pretty good, and the main and secondary characters were likable, however the last 5% of the book was rushed. It was like speeding along in a car and suddenly hitting the brakes! The End.

I would've loved to read more about Blake, Abby's son. Hopefully there will be another installment in this series.

Overall, a good read but could've been great had it not ended so abruptly. 3.5 stars.
Heinerway
This is another typical book by Radclyffe. The writing is solid, of course, but it’s the same story again and again copy pasted. Boring. But, for me, the most annoying thing is that as always all characters are female. And lesbian. And gorgeous. And highly successful. I’m just a little fed up with this.
Marilyn
Radclyffe really knows how to write characters I can love. I'm enjoying the Rivers Community Romance series a lot. The end caught me by surprise -- I looked up and realized I was at 90%, and then it was over. *sigh* I'm glad it's a series. I'm not ready to say goodbye to these characters.
Agirlcandream
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Harper's little sister Flannery gets her turn in the spotlight in Prescription for Love.

In this continuation of the Rivers family saga, Abigail Remy has been recruited to head up the newly independent emergency department at the Rivers community hospital. She is happy to escape the city hoping to find safety and stability for herself and her son Blake.

Flann Rivers has built a reputation as a top notch surgeon and is head of the current ER department. She is free spirited and content to date th
Female Person
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbt
Review for Netgalley

Is Radclyffe just replacing character names and hospital locations and calling it a new novel? I'm sure we'll be reading this exact story next year with Glenn and Carrie.

I feel a little mean writing that but this exact formula, the character's personalities, their jobs are all basically the same in every Radclyffe book. The change between Flannery and Harper from people irritated with each other to committed partners was so abrupt that I was a little bewildered. Another issu
MJS
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book suffered from the same issue as Against Doctor's orders, only the couple wasn't as interesting, or at least, I didn't feel the connection. They're drawn to each other, but they didn't spend nearly enough time together discussing anything of actually import, so I'm not sure what this insta-love was supposed to be based on.

The Blake storyline was something I haven't seen in lesfic before, but there's just instant acceptance everywhere (with the exception of one cartoonishly written anta
Tiff
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it

Prescription for Love is a signature Radclyffe romance. A Radclyffe book is always a good read, with quality characters, and it always leaves you with a smile. Prescription for Love is no exception!

Dr. Abigail Remy has left Manhattan, for a chance at a new start as the new ER chief for Argyle Community Hospital. Abby has been a single, working mom since she was 20. She has spent her young adult years alone, studying, then working, all the while raising her son Blake. She leaves New York
Heidi
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved the relationship between Abby and her son, Blake! I hope at some point we get more of Blake's story.. Maybe if the Rivers family story continues and there is a Margie's story we can find out more about Blake. The main characters Abby and Flann have immediate chemistry and although they don't want any involvement, there is no way they can resist each other. You know Radclyffe will deliver a good story, I was not disappointed! This story was a great romance!
Mariah Lebron
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I love Radclyffe. I have every book she's written and read multiple times. She's one of my favorite authors and I've been waiting for Flannery to get her own story but to me the ending felt rushed. Now it could just be that I read this particular book very fast but there was something missing for me.
Radclyffe always has me soo elated when I'm done reading her books and her series are especially my favorite.
Don't get me wrong this story was good but it had potential to be better.

The main chara
Loek Krancher
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous read!

Radclyffe did not lost her magic and this was again a pure pleasure to read. I enjoyed her vivid countryside descriptions. The leads, Flann and Abby, have depth, humor, are protective and so appealing. The chemistry was outstanding and I loved the interaction and encouragement of the River family. How they join together to survive everything. Blake and Margie, two great kids but I wish there was more about Blake's transition. I sincerely hope that this is not the last of th
Amy
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
4-1/2 stars.
I received an ARC of this book from Inked Rainbow Reads in return for an honest review.
Truly there isn't much not to like about this book, the second volume in her Rivers Family series. Interestingly enough, this is only the second book of Radclyffe's that I've read. All the many books before the two books in this series I listened to on audio. When I read the first book in this series, I wondered if I just liked listening to her books more, but this book changed my mind about that.
Rach (Les Rêveur)
The second instalment of ‘The River Community Romance Series’

My Review

I must say I read a few of the reviews on Goodreads before starting this and wasn’t expecting much but I am glad to report I actually liked it. I did think the story was a little rushed by the end but because I knew it was a series it did not worry me too much.

Flannery Rivers is my kind of character. Cool, suave and oozing sex appeal. She see’s what she wants and goes for it. Yes this is seen as arrogant in some cases but I k
Catherine
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the secondary story of the transgender son it added another layer to the story line. I did however feel like you could have taken that story line and gone a bit deeper. It would be interesting to continue the story of Blake in another book.

The characters were likable and I thought worked well together. I also enjoyed reading more about the characters from Against Doctor's Orders the first book in the Rivers Family Romance. I really enjoyed reading about count
Jane Shambler
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent sequel

But....yes there is always a but. Not really but definitely more room for a third. So yes Harper and Presley now this book about Flan and Abby. Next I loved to read about Glenn and definitely more about Blake and Margie. The book is interesting in the fact Radclyffe introduces us to transgender but honestly I'd like to know more. Blake's story is something I'd like to learn more about and more in-depth. In this book you get a taste but it only makes you wanting more. Awesome book
Bib
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found Prescription for Love better than its predecessor, unfortunately it ended too quickly for my liking.
Barbara Sant
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hi Guys!

I got “Prescription for Love” yesterday (thank you, NetGalley and Bold Strokes!!) and I have to tell you, I could not stop reading it.
Do you guys remember that I didn't like the first book that much, right? Well, that didn't happened this time: I got caught on the first line!
This is the second book of “The Rivers Family” series and it starts with Presley making changes to save the hospital.
Abigail Remy is one of those changes. She moved there to help her son, Blake, in his transition. Sh
Nicholina
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a Radclyffe fan. I at least like almost all her work. The women in her books tend to be smart and capable. Her writing style just works for me. I especially like the medical settings. Radclyffe, being a retired surgeon, seems to really get it right there. I also particularly like the Rivers Community. So, there wasn't much for me not to like here. I read it in one day, reading every chance I had.

I do see some faults. Sometimes I find the "I can't possibly love anyone" trope a little wearing
Kitty Kat
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Radclyffe novel I have read and having heard good things I had high hopes. I was not disappointed.
Abby, single mum to trans teen Blake, is the new E.R. chief at a country hospital, far from her previous life in New York. She hoped moving somewhere new would give Blake a better chance of being accepted. Her college friend, Presley is the boss and has a fiancée working there too as well as her sister Flann. This ready-made 'family' is exactly what Abby and Blake need.
As they get
Taka
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author definitely knows how to keep her readers going. Expected, I preferred Harper and Presley story. This is good as well, if there was no Harper and Presley to begin with.
Carrie
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to take this opportunity and lodge my complaint. It appears there are only 2 novels in the Rivers series. I find this to be a great injustice for all of humanity but mostly me. I don't care that the books were predictable. They were still sweet and compelling. I was drawn into the story, with characters you want to be, in a place you'd like to live. There's more story to tell, I am sure of it!
Nolly  Sepulveda
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful Radclyffe tale. I love how this Author pulls you into her stories and makes you feel like a part of what ever little community or group of friends you're reading about. I loved the connection the Rivers family have together especially the Harper and Flann, and getting to know Margie a bit more showed great family dynamics. Radclyffe's books are always a must read. Excellent.
Alena
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, queer
Netgalley

Nice commute read, but really not more than that.

I didn't really see the spark between the two main characters, that's never good with a romance and the lightning speed with which things developed was puzzling. Too bad really, since both setting and secondary characters would have lent themselves to a slower pace.
susan
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can you go wrong with radclyffe

Great story with great characters and storyline. I haven't read anything from radclyffe that I didn't like. I found myself cheering on the characters.
Line
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
31/2 stars.
Gabrielle
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Signature Rad and i love it!! i hope we get to read more of Margie and Blake in the future. :)
  • Taken by Storm
  • Bareback
  • Ready or Not (Soho Loft, #3)
  • Does She Love You?
  • Infinite Loop
  • Zero Visibility
  • Wounded Souls (L.A. Metro, #3)
  • Playing Passion's Game (Playing, #1)
  • Harmony
  • Soul Unique
  • Before It Stains
  • Out of Love
  • Full Court Pressure
  • Love by the Numbers
  • The Devil Be Damned (Cain Casey, #4)
  • All the Little Moments
  • Music of the Soul
  • Chasing a Brighter Blue
Radclyffe has written over forty-five romance and romantic intrigue novels, dozens of short stories, and, writing as L.L. Raand, has authored a paranormal romance series, The Midnight Hunters. She has also edited Best Lesbian Romance 2009 through 2015 as well as multiple other anthologies. She is an eight-time Lambda Literary Award finalist in romance, mystery, and erotica—winning in both romance ...more

A Rivers Community Romance (5 books)
  • Against Doctor's Orders (A Rivers Community Romance, #1)
  • Love on Call (A Rivers Community Romance, #3)
  • Love After Hours (A Rivers Community Romance, #4)
  • Love to the Rescue (A Rivers Community Romance, #5)