Start by marking “The Engaged Leader: A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation” as Want to Read:
The Engaged Leader: A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation

The Engaged Leader: A Strategy for Your Digital Transformation

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
NYT and WSJ bestselling author Charlene Li guides business leaders deeper than ever before into the uncomfortable and ever-changing terrain of the digital era

Technology has revolutionized the very idea and nature of relationships between leaders and their followers. Yet, many leaders remain stuck at arms-length from those they lead and serve, relying on specialized teams
Published March 17th 2015 by Wharton Digital Press

To ask other readers questions about The Engaged Leader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Engaged Leader

Jane
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: social-media
As a social media practitioner, I knew the principles and benefits that the author spoke of in this book but I rated it 5 stars because of how the book could actually jumpstart a non-digital CEO into becoming an engaged one. The book speaks more to those who are intimidated by social media and puts into a logical and systematic framework what steps they need to take to painlessly and successfully embrace digital engagement.
Brigham
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Practical sound advice

Gives good advice to reach out to internal and external customers. The advice can be used straight away and makes this less scary to do
Bry Willis
Full disclosure, I am a Digital professional something or other. This book is OK, though am only pretty sure I am not its core demographic target, which appears to be executives—I dare say, primarily C-suite execs—who have heard something about this newfangled Internet and stuff but haven't quite had the opportunity to discover more; those who have are still unconvinced. The title is accurate enough, but my biggest gripe is that the subtitle vastly overstates the scope of the book; it is less ab ...more
Jenny Levine
I'm averaging my rating because I already live and share online so this book didn't have anything new for me. I'd give it 2 stars for someone like me. If you're an executive with the ability to delegate and you're not already sharing online or participating in your intranet, then this could be a 3-4 star book for you - 3 stars if you already know some, 4 if you haven't done anything in this arena yet.

I mostly read this book because Li is speaking at my organization's conference this summer, and
Sumit Singla
While this book focuses only on the digital part of being an 'engaged' leader, it would probably help to have more context on being an engaging leader as well. How does one use social insights better to realign strategy and keep peers, seniors, and subordinates engaged and productive?

The book captures the 'what' part of engagement well enough, but more focus on the 'how' would've been even more insightful. However, for someone fairly new to digital, this book does offer a fair bit of insight.
Mustafa Golam
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd tried HootSuite couple of years back but for the over abundance of complexity in dashboard, I'd not used it effectively. This time as Li suggested, I've aggregated the social feed in single platform and hope to make some difference. Also as she mentioned, small minute improvement achieved on each days would get us to the epitome of professional life. That's inspiring.
Finally the book is abridged version and good read !! I recommend !!
Jonathan Silk
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book on leadership and use of social media. Charlene Li presents an easy to understand framework to become an engaged leader via social platforms. Using the framework of listen, share, engage leaders can learn how to amplify their presence and engage members of their organization in a way that creates value and is aligned with strategic goals.
Chip Rodgers
Natsuko Wakinaga
Feb 11, 2017
Roberto
Jul 28, 2015
“Listening at scale does not mean following everyone who follows you. (That’s the least productive thing any leader can do.)” 0 likes