Start by marking “Blindsided (Game On, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blindsided (Game On, #2)

Blindsided (Game On #2)

Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B00A510VDU.

After a successful first soccer season in L.A, Jesse Shaw heads to London with his best buddy, Hunter, but his world is turned upside down when a dangerous prank threatens his career and his blossoming relationship with Hunter’s cousin, Isabelle.

Isabelle Mills lives in Notting Hill with her parents
Published November 9th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Blindsided, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blindsided

Christine Rains
Mar 14, 2013 Christine Rains rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jesse Shaw is a famous soccer player in the US, and he's looking for a fun vacation with his best friend Hunter. They fly to London where he can get away from the spotlight and from the bad memories Jesse's former girlfriend left him. The last thing he expected to do was fall for a girl. And one of Hunter's cousins at that! Isabelle Mills is the sweet and quiet twin. The boys don't notice her until Jesse comes to stay at her house. Their relationship blossoms until everything comes to a sudden h ...more
Krista
May 01, 2014 Krista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jesse Shaw takes a break from his athletic team and goes on vacation with his buddy Hunter to London. He promises not to hit on Hunter's cousins. Yeah, that lasts until he meets his cousin, Isabelle. She's shy and sweet, thinking no guy could honestly like her. Jesse does his best to prove he's a guy who treats her right. Things are going very well until they attend a party together and an accident risks everything Jesse has worked so hard for. He'll have to stay strong and find out the truth be ...more
Sharon l Aldcroft
Not a good book....EXCELLENT BOOK.

This book took the pants off "Game On". Why?
Well in one way I don't know & in another way I do(I think).

Kyra took this book and brought into it some fabulous characters such as Isabelle.
I love the way she manages to bring you into the story so you sympathise with the characters.

Its a book that grabs you in & you have to keep reading. Jesse is most girls ideal guy loving, honest, caring etc... but he's still one of the lads & Kyra gets that across so
Clare Dugmore
Oct 16, 2012 Clare Dugmore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blindesided is a very sweet, innocent love story, with a magical Christmasy/ Winter feel. Perfect with a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter's day!

The second book in Kyra Lennon's Game On series, Blindesided steps away from the raw passion that was Leah and Radleigh, as Westberg Warriors star Jesse Shaw enjoys a well earned vacation in England. Even though Blindsided has a very different tone from Game On - appealing more to the YA crowd, and set in a different location - it still offers every
Karen
May 26, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
The book started out with some character development as two young men from the States visit Notting Hill while on holiday. They stay at Hunter's aunt and uncle's home and they have identical twin daughters, Isabelle and Georgia.

Jesse, a famous soccer player in the US and Hunter enjoy London and meeting Georgia and Izzy's friends.

It would've be nice to have left at that but some mischief happens at a party that went horribly wrong. Decisions have to be weighed and life has changed when everythin
Annalisa Crawford
Dec 27, 2012 Annalisa Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the YA cousin of Game On, I had to read this, because there's so much more to come in the series (I know because it was featured on my blog!) YA is not my preferred genre, but the story focuses on Jesse, the 19 year old football star of the first book, so his age decided the tone.

Once again, Kyra Lennon has brought some fantastic characters to life, and as with Taylor in Game On she hasn't shied away from a love-to-hate character in Mischa.

The story, writing and pacing all flow towards the c
Nick Wilford
Dec 05, 2012 Nick Wilford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blindsided is another first-rate romance from Lennon. It's quite cute at first glance - with attractive teen characters and a snowy, festive setting - but there's a lot going on under the surface, including a creepy stalker character. The less pleasant characters are just as convincing as the good guys, and as usual with Lennon, I felt completely involved in their lives and emotions. This book will appeal to a wide range of readers, from teenagers onwards - you can't beat a good old love story! ...more
Kim Beck
Jul 11, 2014 Kim Beck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in the Game On series and this one is so much different then the first one that you can easily read it with out reading the first one. I wouldn't suggest skipping the first on though their both superb books. This one we get back Jesse, the young soccer star from the first book and Isabelle a shy girl he meets in England on vacation. This book is a super sweet love story that will truly touch a spot in your heart. Full review here: http://allnightbooks.com/?p=355
Kelsey
Dec 25, 2012 Kelsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After not completely loving the first book in this series I was hesitant to even download this one, but I am glad I did because not only did I get a little redemption and depth from Radleigh that was seriously lacking in the first novel but I also got two main characters who you could actually root for. I felt so bad for Jesse during Game On and I was happy to see him be with somebody who deserves him.
Elizabeth Seckman
I love good romance, and this story didn't let me down. A sweet tale of young love with a bit of sleazy guy who needs a come-uppance blended in. I love to read Kyra's books. I love the voice of her characters. They feel so real, you close the book feeling like you met new people.

And the subtle humor. Love the bits of funny that Kyra weaves into every story. I've read everything in Kyra has written. Time for her to write another ;)
Jaybird
Jan 03, 2013 Jaybird rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lennon returns brilliantly with this spin off to Game On. If you loved her first book, (which I did) you will be thrilled to read more about the tender-hearted character of Jesse Shaw- as he matures and comes into his own in Blindsided. This story is warm and sweet and a wonderful read that must be added to your holiday TBR list!
Leigh
Dec 05, 2012 Leigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a fun book and an endearing and sweet romance between Jesse and Isabelle. I love the characters and how their relationship grows, especially since Isabelle is the more quiet, shy type of person. All the fun things that happen make this a definite page turner. I loved every minute of it and can't wait to read it again... and again... and again!
Becca Ann
Dec 29, 2012 Becca Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! It was such an easy read, had it done in two sittings, and the love story was so cute and sweet. I think it was a perfect fit for Jesse, because he deserves this kind of love story. :)
Dominique
Nov 23, 2012 Dominique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blindsided is a super sweet love story! I really enjoyed the alternating POV. I just wish we would have gotten a little epilogue letting us know Jesse’s career was okay. I know he and Isabelle were solid. ;)
Caroline Ferriday
Apr 16, 2015 Caroline Ferriday rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me to review honestly.

Kyra has done it again! This book focuses on Jesse and the aftermath of what Taylor did to him. He goes on holiday to England with his best friend Hunter to stay with Hunter's Aunt and Uncle. There you meet Hunter's twin cousins Georgia and Isabelle. As do many twins, both are them are identical but completely different at the same time. Georgia is the more out going twin with many friends and is popular, whereas Isabelle is quiet, has loyal friends a
Kari Holloway
Aug 20, 2016 Kari Holloway rated it liked it
Kyra Lennon does a great job with her Game On series. Secondary characters become MCs in their own stories. In this one we follow Jesse as he takes a month to get over his slutty girlfriend from the first Game On book.

In Blindsided I liked the relationship build up between Jesse and Izabelle. Slow and steady. Attraction curbed with common sense. A breath of fresh air.

Cons. Every time we switched from Jesse's POV to Izabelle's we had a regurgitation of information that the reader would have alrea
Kyra
Oct 16, 2012 Kyra rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
I wanted to quickly talk about the huge differences between Game On and Blindsided. When I started Blindsided, it was more of a spinoff than a follow-on. However, with so many people falling in love with Jesse Shaw, I thought, "What the hell!" and included it in the series anyway! I don't know if this will be a disaster in the long-run, but the way I see it, Jesse is an important part of the story as a whole. What happens to him has a knock-on effect on other people in the story, so this book re ...more
Trisha
I always enjoy reading Kyra Lennon's books - this one was no exception. It was quite funny to get those little Leah & Radleigh cameos, but this was a story about different main characters than in Game On book #1.

I'm not really a fan of "slut shaming" and this book had a bit of that - nothing wrong with being 'sexually confident' and 'generous', but the 'bad girl' of the story was definitely unlikeable in other ways, so I guess I will dislike her for those reasons. The book left me feeling qu
V. Kelly
Apr 12, 2014 V. Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Jessabelle!

This has to be my favorite of the Game On Series. Only because the characters are so real and you really root for them! This book is different from the rest of the series because it has alternating POV's and I really enjoy knowing what each main character is thinking, and going through. Kyra did and awesome job developing the characters to a point you really identify with their story.

While she did a fantastic job of creating: drama, mystery and conflict for Jesse and Isabelle
K.M. Lowe
Sep 17, 2016 K.M. Lowe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good part to the series

We learnt a little about Jesse's character in book 1, but this book is his story. Just like in book 1, this book shows his kind, caring nature. Just coming out of a bad relationship with Taylor, he never expected to find love in England. It will be interesting to see what happens with Jesse and Izzy.

I was hooked on this story today. I picked it up with every chance I got just to see what was happening. I look forward to book 3. ☺
Karlena Lipari
Jul 23, 2015 Karlena Lipari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!

I loved Jesses storyline!! He was so charming and adorable!! Izzy was his perfect counterpart !!! Was a sweet and a bit emotional read!!
Lynette Aldcroft
this book is a fantastic read, enjoyed emencely, better insight in to the world of football players and how they stick by one another, brilliant xx
Katherine Clark
Katherine Clark rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Sheila Corbett
Sheila Corbett rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2015
Latashia Wilson
Latashia Wilson rated it it was ok
May 28, 2016
Alyce
Alyce rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2014
Abby Cavenaugh
Abby Cavenaugh rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Stormie Robinson
Stormie Robinson rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Two Sirs for Sasha (Club Esoteria #9)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • On the Fly (Las Vegas Sinners, #1)
  • Fame, Love, and other lessons
  • Secondary Characters
  • Past Due
  • Down & Dirty (Colson Brothers, #1)
  • My One
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • Light the Lamp (Portland Storm, #3)
  • Wynter's Captive
  • Our Kinda Love (What Kinda Love #2)
  • The Faerie Guardian, Part II
  • Caressa's Knees (Comfort, #2)
  • Go Small or Go Home (Toronto Series #2)
  • Cassafire
  • Deceived - Part 2 Paris (Deceived, #2)
  • It Was You (Abby and West, #1)
Kyra Lennon was born on the South coast of England, and to this day, still lives by the sea. Fiction writing has always been her passion, but she also has numerous articles on a variety of topics published on prolific websites.
More about Kyra Lennon...

Game On (5 books)
  • Game On (Game On #1)
  • A Very Game on Christmas (Game On, #2.5)
  • Sidelined (Game On, #3)
  • Play On (Game On, #4)

“I met Jesse for the first time when I was twelve, and I thought he was a bit of a dork. He had long, skinny legs and twiggy arms. His hair was a blond mess, and he spent all his time playing football with Hunter, and mostly ignoring me and Georgia.
When I saw him on Saturday morning, in my living room, hair ruffled from him falling asleep on the sofa, my mouth felt like it was filled with sawdust, and I could barely choke out a ‘hello.’
He’d got kind of … gorgeous over the years. He’d grown into his gangly arms and legs, and developed muscles, and the kind of chiselled jaw you think only exists in romance novels, not in the real world.
Right away, his looks put him way out of my league, but when you threw in the fact he was on his way to being a football legend in America, he was obviously a guy who wouldn’t look twice at plain old Isabelle Mills. He tried really hard to make conversation with me, I guess because he felt sorry for me. I appreciated his efforts, and I think I may have even flirted with him a little over lunch before reminding myself I definitely wasn’t going to get his attention. Boys were Georgia’s area of expertise. She already had a boyfriend, Elliott, but that didn’t stop the other guys at college from checking her out. She was just so confident, whereas I preferred to sit in the background.”
1 likes