Start by marking “Game On (Game On #1)” as Want to Read:
Game On (Game On #1)

Game On

(Game On #1)

Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B008LVCKI0.

After swapping her small town life to work for one of the top soccer teams in the U.S, Leah Walker thought she could finally leave the ghosts of her past behind. However, when she meets serial womanizer, Radleigh McCoy, the memories of her old life come swarming back, and she is forced to ask herself
Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 248 pages
Published October 17th 2013 by Kyra Lennon (first published July 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Game On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game On

D.M.
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A difficult man to love but Leah does it well.

Leah is from England and has moved to the United States. She’s following her dreams and has taken a job with a top soccer team, but there is a catch. The job she has taken involves working directly with Radleigh. There is a reason this job was vacant. Mr McCoy is a difficult guy to get on with. He’s self-involved, arrogant and doesn’t understand how anyone can resist him. He is a pain in the head for Leah but she has her foot in the door and she’s wi
Ann
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-drama
Jennifer Lane
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, new-adult, series
Compelling Love-Hate Relationship

I love sport romances, and Game On by Kyra Lennon is one of the best. I met characters Leah Walker and Radleigh McCoy during the A to Z Blog Challenge, when Kyra posted vignettes written by them. Then I was intrigued, and now I'm happy I know these characters better.

Leah is a physiotherapist who has fled her past of bar hopping and one night stands in small town England to accept an exciting job with a Major League Soccer team in Los Angeles.

The best player on th
Clare Dugmore
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must have read this book at least 50 times, as I critiqued it for Kyra, and it hasn't lost it's magic. In fact, with each new read, I pick up on a detail I've missed, or find an new dimension to a character.

Leah is a compelling protagonist. Witty, friendly, genuine and most importantly flawed. It would be so easy to make her the perfect woman, but Kyra didn't, Leah is entirely human, believable and relatable.

Radleigh McCoy is the bad boy every woman wants to tame, but once you scratch the sur
Nick Wilford
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. While I would not typically pick up a book in the category of chick lit, human relationships are fascinating to me and this story deals with some heavy emotions which feel very raw at times. Leah is an eminently likeable protagonist and the author draws us in to share in her conflicting feelings as she undergoes various trials and tribulations at the hands of her arch nemesis, star footballer Radleigh McCoy. Will they? Won't they? Well, I'm not going to give anything ...more
M.J. Fifield
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful summer beach read!

Here's the rest of the review...

A fun summer beach read. Which I actually read on a beach. It took me a very long time to understand why Leah would ever be interested in Radleigh because he spends a lot of time being a real jerk. A major jerk. And while I love a bad boy, he didn’t seem to have a lot of redeeming qualities and it made me feel that much worse for poor loveable Miguel. I liked Radleigh a little better by the end. Overall, this book offers a great chara
Claudia
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Book is so hard to review because on one side it was a good story, on the other side it could have been so much more.
The developments in this story were quite surprising but unfortunately it did not really Show us the developments between Leah and Radleigh. I wanted to see more of These two together. Additionally the ending was really abrupt. I wanted to have a real conversation, some more happy time of these two together
Nevertheless I enjoyed it more than I thought I would with some of the
Sal
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have had this book on my to read list for such a long time and now I’m kicking myself for not reading it sooner as it is a fab story that has had me smiling, giggling and at one point my eyes leaked a little ;)
It is so well put together that every page turn is a pleasure and the characters are brilliant, it is an absolute gem of a book and one I think everyone should be reading.
I shall certainly be reading more from this author in the future.
Christine Rains
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leah Walker leaves her miserable past behind her to find a new life in the U.S. She lands a fabulous job and gains some even better friends. She happier than she's ever been until the gorgeous Radleigh McCoy propositions her. He might be a big soccer star, but his ego is even bigger. Leah doesn't want any men like that in her life. She's determined to not let him get under her skin, but he manages to get in a lot further. When her happy world crashes down around her, Leah has to find the strengt ...more
Angie
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun book that sucked me in right away. I had to keep reading to see if Radleigh would turn around :) It happened but not in the way I was expecting which was pretty cool. Really vibrant secondary characters. Loved them. And loved the closed door bedroom scenes (thank you, Kyra).

My only complaint were the f-words. They pull me out of the story every time--like getting doused with ice water. But I hope you know I still love you, Kyra :)
Jaybird
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Game On. Lennon's writing is funny, fresh and an absolute pleasure to read. I found myself laughing out loud and smiling in so many different places, I lost count. I also lost track of time, while reading this on the beach! I didn't even realize I had been sitting there for hours, my skin burning in the sun.

Check this book out if you love romance, hot soccer players and a good time.

Eileen
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, new-adult
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of Game On, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It was gripping, emotional in parts and very funny. I particularly enjoyed Leah's witty thoughts and comments, and I'd take Radleigh McCoy over Christian Grey!
Talli Roland
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very fun, cute and compelling read with a terrific cast of characters.
Elizabeth Seckman
I really enjoyed this story! Kyra's writing style is witty and the story is solid. Oh, and Radleigh? He's the kind of bad boy any girl would try to tame!
CeCe
Some spoilers.

I have liked other books by this author, but I could not connect with this one. I just did not like Leah. I love fiesty heroines, but not when they come off as b****y.

I love banter. I love the MCs first hate each other, but you can still feel the chemistry. However, Leah was exhausting.

Radleigh, is the star soccer player for his team. He is a manwhore. I am fine with that in the story, but then Radleigh goes and report Leah because she does not like him?!?!? Seemed childish. None
Trisha
Story:
Leah is from the UK and has moved to the US to work as a physiotherapist for an LA-based soccer team. She's good at her job and focused on it, but she has one very exasperating distraction in Radleigh McCoy, a serial womaniser who is determined to "get" her simply, she believes, because he can't handle rejection from anyone, and she's got a serious habit of rejecting him. Radleigh drives her nuts, but she starts to realise it's not just 'cause he annoys her - it's 'cause she has a crush on
Tobi Summers
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
When I started reading this, I didn't know how I was going to end up liking Radleigh McCoy by the end of the book. He's everything I normally despise in leading guys: arrogant, mildly obsessive, and short-tempered. In all, mostly a jerk. Yet somehow by the end, I wanted more. I wanted to know more about him, and I definitely wanted to see more of his relationship with Leah. I loved the relationships between all the characters, especially Leah and Freya and Leah and Jesse. The characters were all ...more
Crystal Collier
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Now this is a mature book for sure, but my goodness did it have a fun dynamic.

I met the characters via the author's blog, and I totally fell for them. They had such a fun dynamic that I couldn't wait to meet them in story. Let me just say, I didn't like Radleigh initially. In fact, I was right with Leah about wanting to smack, maim or otherwise hurt that jerk. And he deserved it. BUT knowing what I did about how he would change, I enjoyed the ride and sighed when things settled into place.

This
Annalisa Crawford
This is a great book and a fantastic read - the story between the two main characters, Radleigh and Leah, is full of more twists and turns than the average romance, and keeps you guessing. There's a great supporting cast - who wouldn't love a best friend like Freya, or bubbly distraction like Bree?

It's a fun enjoyable book - great for rainy days when there's a box of chocolates and a glass of wine at your side.

Eileen
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Game On. It was gripping, emotional in parts and very funny. I particularly enjoyed Leah's witty thoughts and comments, and I'd take Radleigh McCoy over Christian Grey!

Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Oh I think I am going to love this man.

enjoyable read, I liked Radleigh
Toya Richardson
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyra is a new author to me, and I’d never read soccer or NA romance before either.
When I first met Radleigh I honestly wanted to slap him, he was such an ass. But as the story progressed and I came to the end, I loved him. Leah and he were more alike than either wanted to admit. The will they, won’t they had me on the edge of my seat, desperate to see them together.
Loved this book so much that I downloaded the rest of the series!
Caroline Ferriday
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

First off, I loved this book so much! I haven't read a book quite like this before and I don't think I will again. Kyra has such a wonderful writing style and technique that I could help but read the whole book in one session. Kyra made sure that the reader was engaged in the story and felt all the emotions each character felt. I loved Leah and Radleigh, especially the arguments.
The story was a beautiful plot of going from a hate relationshi
L.G. Keltner
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book in the morning, and I finished it before I went to bed that same day! Kyra's writing was captivating from the start, and the humorous moments felt genuine and left a smile on my face. The characters were well-developed, and the interactions between them felt real. As the drama unfolded between Leah and Radleigh, I had to keep reading so I could see how it all played out. The secondary characters were also engaging and likable, so there were no dull moments in this book. I also ha ...more
Angelina
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read the first book of Kyra Lennon’s new Chaos and Consent series, I was excited to read this first book of her Game On series. Kyra Lennon didn't disappoint and I was reading Game On until the early hours as I couldn't put it down. I loved, loved, loved Radleigh who is my kind of guy; he's cheeky and naughty with a big heart. Honestly, I would've jumped right into the story and claimed him for myself if I could've. The ‘banter’ between Leah and Radleigh had me laughing as they were both ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
I really enjoyed this book!! Like many other reviewers, I wasn't sure I would ever like Radleigh, but he is very redeemable. And truthfully, I actually started to like him even more than Leah, whom I really liked from the get go. While he seems like such a jerk, ok a big jerk, I really actually understand him a lot more as the story goes on. And Leah is just a fiery, independent woman who isn't afraid to say exactly what she means. I think Leah and Radleigh are perfect for each other no matter h ...more
Abby Cavenaugh
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyra is my critique partner and I was pretty shocked when she told me she'd never been to the U.S., since "Game On" is set mostly in Los Angeles and a few other American cities like Phoenix and Boston. She did an amazing job creating a realistic world with lovable characters that you can relate to--in cities she's never even visited!

Leah, the main character, reminds me a lot of myself. She's made some mistakes in her past with men, which still haunt her. The leading man, Radleigh McCoy, is defi
Sharon l Aldcroft
Well you're supposed to be to truthful in these reviews,so here goes.
For an author I had never even heard of a fortnight ago, let alone even think about reading books like she writes(as I'm not into those sort of books),did I get a SHOCK!!

I will admit it hands down this book was read in two days - if that. I just could not put it down.
I just loved the way Leah and Radleigh are so much alike that they can't say how much they feel for one another till the very end.
As the story tells itself I found
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Kyra Lennon book and it's the first in a New Adult soccer romance series. I'm a big fan of the NA sport romance genre so I was looking forward to reading this. I wasn't disappointed. I'm used to reading books and instantly loving the main character(s). Radleigh McCoy had to work for not only Leah's, but also my affections. I hated to love him but it was impossible not to!

While this is Leah's book there's a whole bunch of supporting characters in the way of her family, friends,
« previous 1 3 next »

• Taking Charge
  • Secondary Characters
  • Knee Deep
  • Scored
  • Offside (Offside, #1)
  • The Striker's Chance
  • Fraction of Stone (Fraction, #1)
  • Player's Ultimatum (Hands Off Series #1)
  • The Faerie Guardian, Part II
  • 10 Weeks
  • Life on the Edge (Edge, #1)
  • How To Quit Playing Hockey
  • Borrowing Trouble (Texas Trouble, #12)
  • Gray's Girl
  • 1301: The Marquis (The 13th Floor, #1)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • Goals For A Sinner (Sinners, #1)
  • CassaFire
Kyra is a self-confessed book-a-holic, and has been since she first learned to read. When she's not reading, you'll usually find her hanging out in coffee shops with her trusty laptop and/or her friends, or girling it up at the nearest shopping mall. Lennon is a proud supporter of several charities. She currently volunteers for her local cat shelter as a fundraiser and social media guru. Kyra has ...more

Game On (6 books)
  • Blindsided (Game On, #2)
  • Sidelined (Game On, #3)
  • Play On (Game On, #4)
  • Final Score: Part One (Game On Book 5)
  • Final Score: Part Two (Game On Book 6)
“Okay, on my first night, he tried to chat me up. You know how the story goes. ‘You have the most beautiful eyes, I’m very rich, want to see my bedroom?’ Blah, blah, blah.”
“And because you turned him down, he’s more determined than ever,” Will guessed, with amazing accuracy. “You did turn him down, right?”
“Of course,” I told him, insulted by the insinuation I would drop my knickers for a glass of wine. “Do you think I’d risk my job for a quick tumble in the sheets with him?”
1 likes
“He’s so self-involved, I bet he shouts out his own name when he reaches orgasm.” 1 likes