Start by marking “Heimsuchung (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #4)” as Want to Read:
Heimsuchung (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #4)

Heimsuchung

(Star Trek: Typhon Pact #6)

Nachdem die letzte Borg-Invasion ganze Welten zerstört, dreiundsechzig Milliarden Personen das Leben gekostet und der Sternenflotte einen lähmenden Schlag versetzt hatte, haben sich sechs der Vereinigten Föderation der Planeten feindlich gesinnte Nationen zum Typhon-Pakt zusammengeschlossen: das Romulanische Sternenimperium, die Breen-Konföderation, die Tholianische Versam ...more
Mass Market Paperback, deutsche Erstausgabe, 460 pages
Published March 17th 2014 by CrossCult, Ludwigsburg (first published June 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Heimsuchung, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heimsuchung

Start your review of Heimsuchung (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #4)
Terence
Jun 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy, star-trek
It's extraordinarily rare that I can't finish a Star Trek novel. Heck, I even managed to get through Black Fire. But my tolerance for bad literature may have been higher 20+ years ago, and - in Ms. Cooper's defense - her story was so ludicrous it was like watching "Plan 9 from Outer Space" or "Cave Dwellers" or "Eegah." So bad it's good.

The most egregious fault in Plagues of Night is that it's boring! Endless chapters that sound like synopses of a TV episode, and that keep cycling th
Matthew Rushing
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, sci-fi
Soilers

I will admit up front that I am one of the people that hated RBOE. I hated the way Sisko was portrayed and the way the story glossed over 4 years of DS9 history. It seem that David has listened to some of that criticism and done a lot to help all of this make sense.

This book does a great job of reminding us what has happened in the past of the DS9R and give us some of the answers to how we gotten to this "future" of 4 years. One of the only problems I had with the book was that David wil
Nis
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Took a really long time to get going, since it spends a lot of time recapping the events of the previous Typhon Pact books from other view points. It feels somewhat redundant, but does give a bit of size to the universe to see how the big events are received across the galaxy.

I also felt they should have kept their cold war colder.
Crystal Bensley
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good one- very ds9 focused and man that cliffhanger!!!
Jess
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are two types of these epic Star Trek three books set such as this one being a three part closing out the Typon Pact Saga. There are those that have a zillion stories going, slowly begin to tie them all together and wrap at least one or two of the stories up in the first book and then there are those that should have been one twelve hundred page book but aren't because that would screw over the freelancer charged with writing them.

That being said I prefer the former. This is almost exact
Sharon
The first half of the book is an almost solid recap of what went before in the other Typhon Pact novels. I don't know if the editor insisted on it but slows the story down.

It does pick up again, tying together a lot of loose threads left over from the other Typhon Pact novels. I like Sisko in all his incarnations and don't mind if he's a bit down, to me that's in his character although he normally doesn't 'stay' down.

Great cliffhanger!
Scott Williams
It feels like the bulk of this novel was spent summarizing past events and setting up what happens in the final pages. It sprawls across many months and across the galaxy but really says very little. As I’ve commented before, what I miss in most of these post-Nemesis novels is the exploration of new worlds and new civilizations.

All that said, George is a strong writer. The book moves quickly and is very readable.
Angela
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We finally revisit DS9 and what's going on with the Typhon pact there. A look into Sisko's new life and his interactions with Kassidy. Also Picard and the Enterprise go on a joint exploration mission for peace.

A real page turner. Character driven and has real tension. You can't really read this book without having read the others in the series. A very good read.
Mrsculpepper
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
hey, hey, the gang's all here. since it was deep space nine that got me into reading the books it was great to see most of my favorite characters. and of course there was an exciting space battle, political intrigue, picard, pretty much all the boxes ticked off.
Takiyah Dudley
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than its previous novels. Ive had some issues with the Typhon Pact series however, this installment satisfied me. Better storytelling & character movement & a hell of a cliffhanger. Definitely worth it for trekkies. ...more
Gregory B.
I'm not done with the whole Typhon Pact series yet, but right up until the very end of this book, it's been pretty dull and boring. My understanding is that this has all been a prelude to The Fall, and if that sucks as much as this, then I give up.
James Ross
There's some elements of a good story here, but it takes so long to get there. The first half of the book seems to be an odd recap of previous books, and the second half struggles to overcome this.
Preston Pendergraft
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
I absolutely loved this book. Really feels like the DS9r or the Destiny trilogy. Definitely the best if the Typhon Pact series so far, and one of the best Trek books I have read too.
Rick
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Loved it combines the crews I love fun good read. I recommend it if you are Star Trek fan and even if you are not
Tyler
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um...that just happened. This is a major turning point in the post-Nemesis Star Trek universe!
Tyrone Wilson
Not too much dialogue; too much repeating of historical stuff.
Alvaro Zinos-Amaro
Review forthcoming
Stephen
The dust had scarcely settled after the last great Borg War when the battered Federation found itself facing yet another threat when numerous hostile species on its borders created the Typhon Pact, a confederacy that soon entered into a Cold War with the gravely wounded Klingon and Federation powers. The first four Typhon Pact novels (and a fifth work, a novella) each explored one of the constituent members of the Pact while at the same time establishing the new polity as a potent force to be re ...more
Maurice Jr.
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW. Clearly the Typhon Pact has lost its collective mind.

Just when it seemed like Romulan praetor Gell Kammemor had her people and the rest of the Typhon Pact on a path that would prevent a war with the Federation and its allies, rogue elements within the Pact, including her own government, launched their own plan that would gain them the secrets of the slipstream drive, but that could also launch the war none of them really wanted.

I enjoyed the look at Captain Ben Sisko's new command (the Gala
John Keegan
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It's been quite some time since the last Typhon Pact novel; almost enough time to forget just how underwhelming the post-Destiny state of play turned out to be. While there were plenty of character beats that were covered, only two major plot elements were as far-reaching as one would have hoped: the restoration of the Romulan Star Empire, and the exodus of the Andorians from the Federation.

Part of the problem of the previous novels published under the Typhon Pact umbrella was the tight focus; m
Barry
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So David R. George III is given the task of drawing together the events from the previous Typhon Pact novels into a coherent story and then developing them into a big finish. And he does it well.

The ongoing 'cold-war' between the Typhon Pact and the Khitomer Accords nations has been simmering away and rather than give us a blow-by-blow account of the past, the first one-third of the novel deals with those events but from differing viewpoints - an effective way of retelling and allowing anyone th
Paul Lunger
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 6th entry in the Typhon Pact series, David R. George III's "Plagues of Night", is a book in 2 phases one a review & the other another explosive chapter in this post-Destiny era. The first half of the book recaps a lot of what has already happened mostly to the characters of the DS9 universe from Ben Sisko's marriage issues to Kasidy Yates to the undercover mission of Dr, Bashir & Sarina Douglas to prevent the slipstream drive technology from falling into Pact hands to Andor's withdrawal from ...more
Matt Randall
Andrew
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is part one of the two-book conclusion of the Typhon Pact series, which introduces a new cold war between the Federation (and its allies) and the main antagonists (Romulans, Breen, etc). The book focuses on Deep Space Nine, though the Enterprise and political leaders like Federation president Nan Bacco are involved. The Typhon Pact tries to shift the balance of power by neutralizing the Federation's technical advantage with slipstream drive. The ending is an incredible cliff-hanger.

The enti
Sean O'Hara
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this is how you write a Star Trek novel. You have a great cast -- Sisko, Picard, Spock, Ro -- tons of political intrigue, and copious amounts of shit hitting the fan.

This is the sixth book in the Typhon Pact subseries, and you probably should read the predecessors first -- though skip the one with the Gorn; it sucked. In fact you should probably go back to the Destiny Trilogy to catch up fully. But the short version is this -- Starfleet's still reeling from a massive Borg invasion that left
Theresa
Nov 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: space
omgggg Sisko I don't care about your life already. It's so disappointing to turn a page and jump from political machinations with far-reaching implications, or somebody's growing suspicions of sabotage, or basically anything that isn't Sisko really, and then the next page is him moping about his relationship with his family. sssshhhhuuuutttt uuuuppppppp dude.

I don't really get, by the way, the point of recapping in a Star Trek tie-in novel things which happened in the television programme. Dave
Daniel
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Think of this as part one of a two part book series within the Typhon Pact series. This book, in itself, does hop around a bit with the latter half taking place mostly on Deep Space Nine. The first bit is viewed extensively from the perspective of the Typhon Pact members with other people looking in from time to time. The second half is the reverse. The crux of this book involves the Typhon Pact slowly developing slipstream drive but unable to fully build or test it. They do discover that, if th ...more
Daniel
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! That final sentence! That final paragraph!

This is definitely the best of the Typhon Pact series so far, hands down. Though each of the individual installments were good, they all stood mostly alone as stories that were loosely tied together within the framework of the Typhon Pact metastory. But here, everything comes together, and it builds slowly to the inevitable, explosive final moments. All the previous TP books are touched on, and they all contribute in some way to the disas
Matthew
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, it was a good book. Definitely part 1 of 2, but a good book nonetheless.

First off, it ties the past several books together and puts them in an overarching timeline, so we can easily tell where the various Typhon Pact books took place easier, especially in relation to each other. Also, it lets us know a lot of what's been happening at Deep Space Nine since the end of the relaunch, which was a good thing to my mind as a DS9 fan.

My problem with the book, though, was that there seemed to be seve
John Carter McKnight
I've never been so glad to read Amazon reviews before purchasing a book. One of the reviews called it a "clip show," and warned of its bizarre habit, not just of spending multiple pages recounting a character's entire history every time they appeared, but providing a lengthy recap in each chapter of the previous one.

I've never read anything like this, where half the book is pointless backstory, and half the rest is recapping of earlier chapters. Absent that, this is a pretty good novella. Sisko
« previous 1 3 next »
Star Trek Reads: Plagues of Night 5 14 Aug 26, 2012 05:08PM

• The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • The Persistence of Memory (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #1)
  • Lust's Latinum Lost (And Found) (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Disavowed (Star Trek: Section 31)
  • Silent Weapons (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #2)
  • The Missing
  • The Body Electric (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #3)
  • Indistinguishable from Magic (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Control (Star Trek: Section 31)
  • The Soul Key (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Rules of Accusation (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Fearful Symmetry (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #66)
  • Force and Motion
  • A Singular Destiny (Star Trek)
  • Sight Unseen (Star Trek: Titan)
  • The Eternal Tide (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Synthesis (Star Trek: Titan, #6)
  • Architects of Infinity

Star Trek: Typhon Pact (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • A Singular Destiny (Star Trek)
  • Zero Sum Game (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #1)
  • Seize the Fire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #2)
  • Rough Beasts of Empire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #3)
  • Paths of Disharmony (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #4)
  • The Struggle Within (Star Trek: Typhon Pact #5)
  • Raise the Dawn (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #7)
  • Brinkmanship (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #8)
  • Revelation and Dust (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • The Crimson Shadow (Star Trek: The Fall)