Start by marking “Two Tales of the Iron Druid Chronicles (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #0.6, 3.5)” as Want to Read:
Two Tales of the Iron Druid Chronicles (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #0.6, 3.5)

Two Tales of the Iron Druid Chronicles

(The Iron Druid Chronicles #0.6, 3.5)

Two Iron Druid short stories, previously available only in limited release, have now been revised and made available worldwide!

"Kaibab Unbound" occurs just a couple of weeks before the events of HOUNDED, book one of the series. Before Atticus gets drawn into the battles of gods and monsters, he has to protect one of the earth's elementals from an accomplished coven that
Published May 18th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Two Tales of the Iron Druid Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Tales of the Iron Druid Chronicles

Start your review of Two Tales of the Iron Druid Chronicles (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #0.6, 3.5)
✨Susan✨
I always forget how much I like the "Iron Druid Chronicles", until I get started on one and these being short stories of course were not long enough. The first story was a good look into the very beginning of the whole legacy and the second was a good Scooby snack. Great pallet cleanser with a Fantastic narrative. ...more
☕️Kimberly

Kaibab Unbound - This short takes place before, Hounded, book one of the Iron Druid Chronicles. Oberon and Atticus O'Sullivan are enjoying a run in the woods when an Elemental calls out for Atticus's help. What he finds is a coven of witches determined to steal the Elemental's power for their own. The tale showcases Atticus's wit, strengths, abilities, and snark. While Oberon is absent from the battle that ensues, his humor and bubbling logic shine. 3 cups
A Test of Mettle - Events in A T
Jo
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love the Iron Druid Chronicles and this was not exception.
The first story was my favorite because of the story and the excellent narration of Oberon by Luke Daniels (Audiobook). The second story wasn't as entertaining, but it did help to flush out a bit more lore that was only hinted at.
Teresa
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, series, own, audio
Interesting, I still love Atticus, but The narrator read these different than the main stories.
Chelsea
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
These were two fun little stories that made me nostalgic for the Iron Druid series even though it's only been a few months since I finished them. I think at some point I'll probably go back and listen to them all again- Luke Daniels is so riveting in his performance and the characters are so lovable. ...more
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Two Tales of the Iron Druid Chronicles is just that - two shorter-length stories set in the Iron Druid Chronicles world that are tied to the series, but do not directly impact the overall storyline of the series.

The first tale, Kaibab Unbound, takes place shorty before the start of the series. Atticus and his dog companion, Oberon, go north to the Arizona wilderness for some hunting time. However, their trip is cut short when the Kaibab elemental calls to Atticus for assistance, and Atticus must
James
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fantasy-epic
This is two very short stories. It took me a single lunch break to read the whole thing. The first was not bad, and a nice glimpse into the story that launched Kevin Hearne's career.

The second was written in the abominable first person present tense style so prevalent in the sort of fiction that is not so much written as excreted. Hearne usually uses correct person/tense pairing, and this piece is clearly written by one of his characters rather than himself. In other novels he switches styles we
Kevin
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"Americans assert their own opinions as if they were facts, and dismiss inconvenient facts as if they were mere opinions".

Aw man, I have to memorize this quote. I know too many people who, when you are debating with them, like to brush off your answers as opinions and ask for the "source". When it is provided, they attack the source as well and try to discredit it, while raising their opinions(and they are opinions) to the front and foremost.

I always dislike Granuaile's chapters, her use of unne
Mary
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Nice additions to the series.

The first story takes place prior to book one and gives us some background on Atticus and Oberon along with an explanation or example for why he dislikes witches so much. 5/5 stars.

The second story takes place during book 3 and focuses on a test Granuile must face. It's told in first person present and that can be tricky. Not bad but I didn't really feel a whole lot other than the hard decision she has to make to pass the test. 3/5 stars.
Vertrees
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the two short stories. Luke Daniels is probably one of my favorite narrators, and these stories were great (but short!) visit with Atticus and Granuielle.
☀Rachael☀
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I always prefer Atticus to Granille (can't spell that) but they were short! ...more
keikii Eats Books
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: collections
Two Tales of the Iron Druid chronicles is a two short story collection that is best read after book three, Hammered, in the Iron Druid Chronicles series. Both stories are completely unnecessary to read, so if you are wondering if you should get this, it is not strictly necessary. They are fun to read, but will probably only take about 30-50 minutes to read depending on how fast you read.

Kaibab Unbound takes place almost immediately before book one, Hounded. The events in this short story get bro
Rhonda
I will review this as I listen to the two included stories in the order of the series they were meant to follow. As a side note I am trying to listen to the entire series, including short stories, in order in preparation for the release of the last book in the series coming out in April 2018.

"Kaibab Unbound":

My thoughts:
This is a great little introduction to Atticus and Oberon as well as to just what a druid is m
Cindy Koch-Krol
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will read anything at all as long as the characters' names are Atticus, Oberon, and Granuille. These two stories fit the bill. I'm happy to have found them. I like the world Atticus lives in, and having just recently visited the town on Flagstaff Arizona I was enthralled with his descriptions of the land around the Grand Canyon. It's so much fun to read about places where you have been. It's almost like you become part of the story.

Anyway, if you are a Hearne fan, or if you just enjoy his irre
Lesley
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Fun read that fills in some gaps

I am enjoying the Iron Druid Chronicles immensely, this additional background information fulfills this addiction nicely. This short ebook contains two short stories. The first occurs before “Hounded”. I am glad to have read the second story - “A Test of Mettle” - right after finishing “Hammered” as they occur at the same time.

All in all two quick and fun reads.
Simon Curling
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
This installment of the Iron Druid series is just 2 short stories. In the first Atticus and his hound Oberon are involved in a story set before the first proper novel. In the second Granuille faces a test on her way to becoming a druid. Both stories help flesh out the characters and are interesting additions to the series if you already like it.
Ray Harwell
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Iron Druid short stories.

These were both very well written and a fun read. I have only read the first book of the Iron Druid series but I find the thought of a Druid student intriguing. The biggest compliment I can give is I am really looking forward to reading more of this series.
Gina Guesby Mays
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
these two stories were very good, minus the profanity. I do like the reader in the audiobooks. He gives different life to each character and well done at that. I'm glad these stories are short and easy enough to follow. Granted, i havent gotten far with the other books and chronicles but these two give some life and entertainment to the characters we will meet in later stories. ...more
kelly r engler
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this whole series

My only negative comment is that I ran out of books! Add more books, haha!
The druid and dog relationship just tickled me. All the monsters and lots of action kept me excited to read another page! The Druids commitment to healing the earth and helping Gaia was right up my alley and made me root for Atticus through every battle.
Bridgette
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like The Iron Druid Chronicles series and the shorter stories are no exception to that rule. I highly recommend anything written by Kevin Hearne. Odds are, if you like one of his books, you will like them all.
Eric
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two short stories that enhance the total narrative

I enjoyed these two short stories, one of pre-Hounded Atticus and Oberon, one of Granuaile in the midst of her training. Now I wait for the final book. April cannot come fast enough
Georgene
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fast read of 2 short stories that I have unknowingly read before! One occurs shortly before the first book in the series. The second one was added at the back of the third book of the series. Both are well worth reading.
Jenifer
Both stories were okay, but not my faves in the series run so far. Although I did like that a Test of Mettle did describe the test Granuaile goes through with Brigit and Flitish is more detail as it's merely alluded to in book 5 in the series. ...more
Patricia Ferreira
Very good, I like all the references and the humour.
Jane (PS)
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Kevin Hearne & Luke Daniels are a winning combination. I know I'd enjoy reading these stories and rate them highly, but the narration is masterful! Great work :) ...more
Liz
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star
Very short but well done.
Jen
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like the Kaibab story way more than the Granuaile story, but they are both good. The audiobook was a comfort on a long drive today.
Anna Marie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-own, 2018, 0-ebooks
The first one is about Atticus and the second is about Granuaile MacTiernan. Definitely a read for die hard fans.
Melanie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Atticus and Granuaile continue their battle against the forces of evil. It's difficult when your friends are not helpful. ...more
James
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun little reads.

Helps flesh out the characters.
Quick and easy read.
Hope to read more short stories from this author about these characters.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Druid Arcane (Colin McCool #11)
  • Urban Enemies
  • Graveyard Druid (Colin McCool #2)
  • Agent 355
  • Druid Mystic (Colin McCool #10)
  • Druid Justice (Colin McCool #5)
  • Breaking Gods
  • Flora Segunda (Flora Trilogy #1)
  • A Fantasy Medley 3
  • Sudden Backtrack (The Hollows #13.1)
  • Water Memory (Aubrey Sentro, #1)
  • The Jackal's Head
  • The Night of Four Hundred Rabbits
Kevin is the NYT bestselling author of the Iron Druid Chronicles, as well as The Seven Kennings, an epic fantasy trilogy, and the Tales of Pell, a humorous fantasy series co-authored with Delilah S. Dawson. INK & SIGIL, a new urban fantasy series set in the Iron Druid universe, will be out in 2020.

The Iron Druid Chronicles (9 books)
  • Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)
  • Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #2)
  • Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
  • Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4)
  • Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5)
  • Hunted (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #6)
  • Shattered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #7)
  • Staked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #8)
  • Scourged (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #9)

News & Interviews

“On a Creep Scale from Hello Kitty to Cthulhu, I award it a Freddy Krueger.” 1 likes
“Americans assert their own opinions as if they were facts and dismiss inconvenient facts as mere opinions.>” 1 likes