Start by marking “Rainey's Release (Kansas City Heat #6)” as Want to Read:
Rainey's Release (Kansas City Heat #6)

Rainey's Release

(Kansas City Heat #6)

A madman targets gay drug addicts. Can the KCPD track down the latest serial killer before more blood is shed?

Detective William Rainey is the newest man assigned to the KCPD’s Homicide Division, having just relocated from St. Louis with his life partner, Joshua Wolf. When a murder with the same MO as several St. Louis crimes takes place, the similarities are hard to ignore
Published March 27th 2015 by Totally Bound

To ask other readers questions about Rainey's Release, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainey's Release

Start your review of Rainey's Release (Kansas City Heat #6)
Gigi
Mar 27, 2015 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Underwhelmed by this series.
Nicole
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick read. Enjoyable to read. Don't need to think hard to read the book and the series. Recommend.
Reveiws by Kortney
Jun 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Jenna Byrnes kept upping the suspense and you just wanted to keep turning the page.
Love Bytes Reviews
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 heart review by Tidal

This is the latest instalment in the Kansas City Heat series. I must admit this is my first book I have read in the series. This is an exciting book. I plan to read the rest of this series. Rainey’s Release was not a disappointment; I was concerned that since it was so far into a series that I may be missing a lot of background and I would not get the full benefit of a stand-alone book but that was not the case.

William Rainey is a new on the KCPD Division. Rainey is concer
Tina
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rainey’s Release by Jenna Byrnes is the sixth book in the Kansas City Heat series. I have not read the previous books, and I did not have any trouble following the storyline.
A madman is on the loose targeting gays and drug addicts.
Detective William Rainey is the newest man assigned to the KCPD Homicide division. He is a seasoned police officer, but boy do they razz him for being new. He is met with a lot of distrust but his fellow police officers.
However he really is a nice guy. He is loyal, ki
Inked Reads
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, erotica
FourandHalfStars

I really enjoy this series, so I was glad to read another INSTALLMENT. From the first page, I was sold on Will and Josh. They have scorching chemistry—hot sex combined with deep love. It's really intense.
I loved the mystery/serial killer storyline. It's fast-paced and absorbing, with clues spread throughout. I tend to prefer lots of plot, and for such a SHORT, erotic work, this delivered a great story.

My only hesitations were the way the author characterized rape as a crime of "
Natosha Wilson
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book six has to be the best thus far.

Rainey is the new detective in town so he is not the most established with such a tight knit group of people and to be thrown into an investigation around the murder of gays and addicts does not make his newness any better. He has not earned the trust of his team yet but as time goes on they realize that he is good at his job and takes it seriously. Almost so much so that he gets close to ruining the other important part of his life with Josh his long term pa
A.M. Leibowitz
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this series, so I was glad to read another installment. From the first page, I was sold on Will and Josh. They have scorching chemistry—hot sex combined with deep love. It’s really intense.

I loved the mystery/serial killer storyline. It’s fast-paced and absorbing, with clues spread throughout. I tend to prefer lots of plot, and for such a short, erotic work, this delivered a great story.

My only hesitations were the way the author characterized rape as a crime of “sexual frustratio
Candice
OMG, I wanted to beat Rainey's head in. Seriously. Jerkface! :(

I absolutely love this series, but this definitely wasn't my favorite. I'll be moving on though.
LDL
May 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
ugh!
Maryann Kafka
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like the KCPD series and the murder mystery that comes along with it. Josh and Will are hot together. Looking forward to more in this series.
Kathi
Jan 05, 2016
Jen
Mar 17, 2016
Jenna Byrnes
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nadine Linter
MiMi Rae
Jul 21, 2015
M'rella
Aug 22, 2015
Jenna Byrnes could use more cabinet space and more hours in a day. She’d fill the kitchen with gadgets her husband purchases off TV and let him cook for her to his heart’s content. She’d breeze through the days adding hours of sleep, and more time for writing the hot, erotic romance she loves to read.

Jenna thinks everyone deserves a happy ending, and loves to provide as many of those as possible t

Kansas City Heat (10 books)
  • Dixon’s Duty (Kansas City Heat #1)
  • Peyton’s Pursuit (Kansas City Heat #2)
  • Cameron’s Code (Kansas City Heat #3)
  • Taylor’s Task (Kansas City Heat #4)
  • Gage's Gift (Kansas City Heat #5)
  • VanDoren's Vice (Kansas City Heat #7)
  • Hyatt’s Hunt (Kansas City Heat, #8)
  • Fahey's Flaw (Kansas City Heat, #9)
  • Page's Price (Kansas City Heat, #10)

News & Interviews