Start by marking “Chaos Company” as Want to Read:

Chaos Company

The highly effective team of super-powered soldiers code-named Chaos Company has returned to the United States to be commended for their bravery. While on leave the team finds themselves at odds with the highly dangerous mercenary Liam King, who has been contracted to assassinate President Jennifer Grey. Chaos Company thwarts Liam’s attack, but at the cost of team leader T ...more
Published March 8th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Chaos Company, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos Company

Dianne
Genetic mutation, painful, deadly, but possible and the best the military has to offer has undergone the process. Get ready to bungee jump into Chaos Company by Christopher Slayton, because in this cover to cover action-packed tale, just turning the pages will never do! This brotherhood of genetic supermen and women are heroes, fighting the good fight for their country and justice. But, for every positive, there is a negative and lurking in the shadows, just waiting to pounce is mercenary mutant ...more
April Showers Bring Fungi From Yuggoth
Review: CHAOS COMPANY by Christopher Slayton

CHAOS COMPANY is an exciting adventure thriller featuring a cast of genetically modified American soldiers. These dedicated "mutated" individuals are the cream of the crop, survivors of genetic modifications during which they each suffered excruciating agony. As a result of the process, they have incredible abilities, and far from simply being "all they can be," they are each so much more, and in combination, they are truly an elite fighting force.

A br
N.N. Light
Warning Label: Keep a heart defibrillator near you when reading this book. The non-stop action will stop your heart!

The United States, in an effort to gain the upper-hand on the battlefield, commissions a group of scientists to genetically enhance soldiers. They have special skills and they’re called Chaos Company.

Liam King is a for-hire assassin and his latest contract is to end the life of President Jennifer Grey. But he’s got more than that in mind as he tries to take out each member of Chaos
Helen Deakin
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really great read full of action packed scenes and really likable characters. It was like X-men meets Mathew Rielly's Scarecrow books and as a fan of both, I must say I really enjoyed Chaos company. It was a well written story with a really good plot which incorporated a twist that I didn't expect and I really liked where Christopher took the story line there after. All round a very entertaining read and would definitely recommend it to friends.
Geoff
Jul 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Reads like a badly-edited (or not at all) first draft by someone who doesn't understand basic rules of grammar.
Avoid. I wish I had. I only just ran out of time to return it for a refund, else that would have been my first action.
Leslie B Mink
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Writer needs to learn to spell and proper grammar.

I'd give the book 4 stars if all the misspellings and poor grammar were corrected. They take away from being able to smoothly read and enjoy the book!

Mr. Slaytin..the past tense of kneel is knelt!!!
P
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Action packed

Good storyline, likable characters, and fast paced. Definitely action packed, with a LOT of detailed fight scenes that end up being a bit too much over the top as related to the super enhanced characters. Still, entertaining and fast paced resulting in a fun read.
Rich
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good story with lots of action. It seems like they forgot to edit the book before it was printed.
Charlotte (abOOkishOwl)
Chaos Company is the first book of the author. I’m ecstatic to have been considered to do a review on this book. So I owe it to him to write an honest review about it.

First with the writing. It was really action-packed! Trust me when I say that you don’t get to have the luxury to sit back and relax. The fighting scenes occur one after the other and it literally took my breath away.

description

However, there was just too much technical terms for the high-powered guns, armoured vehicles and the fight scene th
Don Sloan
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Biff! Bang! Pow! (Insert battlefield noises here, along with screaming insurgents and bomb blasts.) This book is better than a Bruce Willis movie on steroids.

If you like your reading material loaded with tough, competent fighting men and women, who also have been genetically altered to repel small arms fire, drag a tank the length of two football fields and close wounds with the touch of a hand, this book is definitely for you.

Lieutenant Tyler Young commands the Chaos Company, and right from th
Vagabond Vahn
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Regarding the editing in the novel: Please see the [Note] at the end of my review.

Sometimes it is obvious when a novel is the first published work of an author. I felt that way about Kylie Chan’s first Dark Heavens entry. I felt that way about John Conroe’s first Demon Accords entry. I feel that way about Christopher Slayton’s Chaos Company. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it does affect the overall experience.

The Good: The opening chapter is fantastic. Wanting to know more about the Aus
Jaffa Kintigh
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
This novel is a "Superheroes As Super Soldiers" story in which the government administers a genome-changing serum to recruits [think Captain America origin] with a wide range of results for the 6 members of Chaos Company [not unlike The Fantastic Four's divergent enhancements to a singular event]. Unfortunately, the villain, Aussie mercenary Liam King, got his hands on the same geno-serum as did a special forces recruit turned bad. These two and a couple hundred other indistinguishable mercenari ...more
Ailyn
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Story starts off with a hook and an introduction to Liam King, before moving on to the Chaos Company’s members. A group of genetically engineered soldiers who had otherwise have limited chance to live.

Each has special abilities, each as own characteristics and personalities that makes them a unit. From the beginning, there is no mystery who goes where, or who is behind the plans to kill President Jennifer Grey, the question for the story is: who to stop Liam King?

It became an interesting book fo
A.A. Schenna
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chaos Company

Christopher Slayton is a new writer. Chaos Company (action/adventure) is his first book.

I found the story intriguing (I like experiments and challenges), and the characters managed to steal my attention. Chaos Company reminded me of the good movies (action/adventure) of the past and I am really happy I had the chance to read it.

“This is what happens when you piss off dangerous people Brian. They pay men like me to ruin your life. But your son, he’s just a child. I let him live.”

“Yo
S.A. Molteni
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chaos Company by Christopher Slayton is an action-packed thriller featuring a mix of military special ops, genetic alterations and mercenary killers.

The opening chapter introduces Liam King, a mercenary hired to kill the President, with a page-turning narrative and dialogue that makes you want to read the next chapter and the next. Enter Chaos Company, a team of genetically altered military men and women, who are tasked with stopping Liam at any cost. The team works well together, but there are
Jade C.
Aug 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I was sent this book by the author for an honest review:

The main problem that I had with this book was the fact that the majority of it was a fight scene. There were so many, one after the other, practically every ten page it would launch into a forty page description of a fight scene. If you like a lot of action, this is definitely the book for you. I did enjoy most of the fight scenes, but a few dragged.

The only other fault I can find is the grammatical errors. For the first half, there were a
Boundless Book Reviews
I received a copy for free from the author, for an honest review.

The first thing I noticed about this book was the grammar and spelling. I found a lot of mistakes throughout the book. Honestly, that was the main reason I gave a 3 star rating.

As for the story itself, I was impressed. It was very good. It was very action packed from the very beginning, which is good for the readers. It had a lot of interesting components to it and I have to say some of the technology they use does sound very inte
Cezan
Mar 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
It took me more than a few attempts to read the book. Right from the explosive start to….

In fact I don’t think the senseless killings makes any sense. Liam King is a sonofb@#$ and I hated his character from the beginning and I wished the bugger did die on the operating slab. Routinely burning a hole in someone else chest for fun is deprived and bordering on psychotic serial killer on a cocktail of crack, meth, speed and toilet cleaner. Yet the higher up’s executive decision to give him permanen
Kristina Aziz
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I read the description I was expecting something like the Agents of Shield. Not everyone can be a writer for Marvel, but Slayton definitely pulled me in from the first page. This book had a good balance of action, emotion, and mystery--what is Liam King's next move? Since this book focused on so many characters I expected a couple to fall flat and seem two dimensional. But for the most part, they were all pretty well rounded and distinct from each other The ending left me feeling like there ...more
Hemantkumar Jain
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Action packed ... literally ... you seem to read through every fight, every punch, every move of the action sequences (and there a lot of them)

the plot is pretty slim .. almost a one liner.

the book is an extremely detailed account of the action sequences.

After some time, it can actually get onto your nerves reading about the detailed account but I was in a kind of mood to absorb it so it went well.

The characters are interesting and with their super-human capabilities; it was like a reading th
S.K. Gregory
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A team of soldiers who have gifts after genetic experimentation, go up against a foe who has been enhanced himself. The team have abilities such as telekinesis, strength, healing, telepathy and other skills that all prove useful in the field. This book was a great read and there was plenty of action. The team was all well developed and each had their own back stories that really fleshed them out. The only problem I had with it was the spelling errors. With a good edit, this book could do really ...more
Samie Sands
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chaos Company is an action packed, exciting novel that will leave you wondering until the very last page. Christopher Slayton is an awesome author, who is going to go far! His writing style is gripping, fast-paced and the characters are so well written, each in their own individual way. Highly recommended!
Aly
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a good book for me. I went out with this team and went on this mission with them. This was a book that had you on the edge of your seat the whole time. I was wondering what was going to happen next. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Bruce Fenn