Start by marking “Chasing Shadows (Psycic Justice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Shadows (Psycic Justice, #1)

Chasing Shadows

(Psychic Justice Series #1)

One kiss, one touch, one night. It’s all she wants to last her forever.

Psychic Juliana Westwood returns home after twelve years and foresees a young girl’s abduction. Not only does she risk her life delving into the mind of a dangerous kidnapper, she risks her heart assisting the lead detective and child’s uncle…the man she was forced to leave behind. Juliana knows Alex
Paperback, 2nd, 336 pages
Published April 8th 2015 by Midnight Muse Publishing (first published April 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Shadows

Start your review of Chasing Shadows (Psycic Justice, #1)
M.J. Schiller
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First I must say that I was very attracted to the premise of this story. Hunky cop and psychic who have a past, flung together on a case. Compelling! I also like what Ms. Richards did with the extrasensory perception angle, the connection between the psychic mind and the criminal mind, and telepathy. I don’t want to give too much away, but that was fascinating! She is also extremely descriptive, drawing on all of the senses, sight, smell, touch, hearing, and taste. It really pulls you into the ...more
Tara
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Chasing Shadows by Erin Richards. It had everything: reunited lovers with wounded hearts; a kidnapping; vendettas; and more suspects than you can shake a stick at.

I loved the gutsy but fragile heroine, Juliana, whose clairvoyance opened her up to the kidnapper's mind. Unfortunately, when that door swings open, he gains unintended access to her as well and the huntress becomes the hunted.

I admit, I wasn't sure about the hero in the beginning. Alex had wrapped his broken
Cindy
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars..

Character wise I really liked the story. The who and why of the kidnapping was weak and to easy to figure out though. This is not to say it wasn’t a good story because the descriptions of the psychic episodes Juliana Westwood would have when she connected with the kidnapper were very well written. I also liked the love story between her and Alex MacKenzie who is both the uncle of the kidnapped little girl along with being a detective and who also happens to be the man that Juliana
Sandra
Definitely enjoyed this book! Chasing Shadows had everything that a reader could want and provided the perfect balance of crime, suspense, and romance. I loved the relationship between Alex and Juliana. Their story was a perfect example of two people meant to be together eventually finding their way.

The suspenseful area of this book was also well done. Throughout the entire book I kept thinking that I knew who was behind the kidnapping but was surprised when it was finally revealed. Chasing
Tory
I liked that Julianna explained why she had left and stayed away but didn't torment herself over it or make excuses. Alex had a lot of anger, but listened to her and went to her for help without tormenting her or trying to make her feel guilty. Juliana towards the end reacted without thinking things through, which seemed a little out of character for someone who was so proud of her control. They story had a good flow and the mystery was good.
Lacy
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. You think you have got it all figured out and then there is a twist that throws you for a loop. It's an amazing book, especially for those that like the psychic detective type books. Thanks Erin!
Sleepless
Good story!

Chasing Shadows is romantic suspense novel with a psychic twist. The story was solid, but I felt no emotional connecrion to the protagonists or characters!
There were more than a few triggers and lewd behaviors by the antagonist! I wasn't sure I could finish the book, but I was hooked enough to read till the end! I just found the material of the book was distasteful to me!
Margaret Jones
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Story

I enjoyed the story, I liked the story line,found the ESP parts very good. I am a prude my kids tell me, so had to skip some pages. The sex doesn’t over whelm the book though. It was well written and the characters were well drawn. It was a good light read. I will buy more books by the authour.
Dana Webster
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intriguing story involving a kidnapping and romance tossed away a decade before.

Juliana and Alex find each other accidentally, both reeling from their pasts, but with a job to do.

The two stories work well together to give you a mystery and a romance - both building throughout the story.

Good read.
Emily Dickson
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great start to series!

Juliana and Alex were both great characters. Juliana is a psychic and helps the police. Alex is a detective and knew her before. Lots of action as the two work together and great chemistry as they also work on their personal relationship. Great plot and story!
Patricia M Lewis
Great read!!

Intense mystery and suspense. I really enjoyed the intrigue. Good descriptive writing brought me into the scenes like I was watching it in a movie. Some of the romance was quite scary...the bad guy part.
Patricia
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is a good story, she is a psycic and he is a detective, she left him but now he can help him. if he will let her. if you like suspense ;and steamy romance you will like the book
Cheri
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex and juliana

Good story. I was looking for a psychic romance. This book had action, love, lost love and so much more. I totally enjoyed this read
Jennifer Schultheis
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-reviews
Make sure you have a couple hours of free time to yourself before reading CHASING SHADOWS, because you won't be able to put the book down. This is the first book I've read from Erin Richards, but it definitely won't be the last. I can guarantee I will be giving this another read real soon, that's how much I loved CHASING SHADOWS! 5 stars all the way!

The author did an amazing job creating this story. It contained so many detailed descriptions that I could picture the story playing out in my head.
Samantha Holly
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychic-genre
Adding a new author to the mix can be a little apprehensive at times but I was pleasantly shocked at how quickly I became involved with the story line of this novel. We all (at times) judge the book by its cover and I initially did not want to read it but the excerpt had me interested.

Julianna Westwood returns to her hometown following the death of her father. She left San Jose 12 years ago, leaving behind her best friend and her soul mate without a word.

After having a dream plagued by visions
Lily
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CHASING SHADOWS grips from the first page, and the suspense and passion doesn’t let up until the thrilling conclusion.

Ten years have gone by since psychic Juliana Westwood and her high school sweetheart Alex MacKenzie have seen each other after an abrupt separation. When Juliana dreams of a young girl’s kidnapping, she’s shocked to confront detective Alex MacKenzie. She never expected to see the love of her life again. Alex thought she had fallen off the face of the earth, even though he never
Deb Smith
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! So much in just one book!!!

I loved this book. The characters are wonderful and have become more like friends. I was rooting for these two to reconnect. Juliana and Alex tugged at my heart strings from the start. The plot was exciting with twists and turns. Just as I thought I finally had it figured out it took another turn. While this is a new author, it won't be the last. I will be searching for more of her books. I can MOST HIGHLY RECOMMEND Chasing Shadows by Erin Richards.
Kim Page
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story was certainly entertaining as a long lost love happens to returns after disappearing twelve years ago without a word. As her return is shocking to say the least it's nothing compared to finding out that she is psychic and offering to help in a kidnapping case. The child who just happens to be the niece of her one true love! Together they do their best to keep feelings old and new at bay to find a madman!!
The characters are great and the story line is well written!
I was given this book
circumspect4
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. Now generally I don't read books about psychics, but I'm glad I read this one. From the very beginning of the book, I was drawn in and couldn't put it it down. This book not only includes romance but mystery and constantly keeps you guessing, with every twist and turn. A truly amazing book and I would have happily paid the book price to read it. This is a MUST READ!!!!!!
Deborah Cordes
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Shadows is a masterfully written suspense novel. I don't normally like a limited point of view story, but this one contained smart and complex central characters who kept me interested. The psychic aspect was unique for this reader, and I loved the fact that Ms. Richards made me continue to guess as to the identity of the villain. I also loved the romance--- a solid love lost, love found type--- yet handled so well I never felt bored. Five stars!
Lettie Lauer
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary

A psychic curse, past love, and secrets. Missing child who is Alex's kin. Can he trust her after a twelve year absence? Can he work with her to help find the missing child? Love and the world of psychic powers. Who will win? Alex is reluctant to tempt fate when it comes to working with a psychic.
Sherry Westendorf
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review”. I just loved this book. It keeps your attention and has you wanting to know who. It would be very different and scary to do what she does. Recommend it to everyone.
Teresa
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good character development. I loved this story!

I enjoyed this story very much. So much that I read it all in 1 day. It kept you guessing the whole way who had kidnapped the child. Jewel and Alex were perfect for each other, great chemistry.
Christina Hall
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a good book.

Wow, this book was good. All I have to say is it should've had more about how the uncle that kidnapped his niece, more information about him. But other then that this book was well worth the wait.
Dawn Brown
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book!!! I read it in one day since I couldn't stop reading it..I love it..Thanks for the chance to read this book..I received this book for free for my review!! Can't wait to read some more of your book..
Pattie
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly riveting. I really enjoyed this book.
Amanda
Mar 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: throwaways
Bad characters, lazy writing, boring.
Leslie G.
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, well written, fast paced, wonderful characters. I highly recommend Chasing Shadows. Five stars!
Glenda Bettin
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, loved seeing Alex and "Jewel" together
Thainá
Feb 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Midnight Renegade (Men of Midnight, #6)
  • No Angel (Louisiana Lawmen Book 3)
  • Bundle of Love (Long Valley, #4)
  • Ruthless Protector (Lawless Kings, #4)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • Protecting Sam (Sanctuary #1)
  • The Creek (A Berry Springs Novel)
  • McMillan File (The Rider Files, #3)
  • Survive the Night (24 Hours - Final Countdown Book 1)
  • Shadow (Linear Tactical #6)
  • Finding Heart (Colorado Veterans #2)
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • Killing Her Softly (Harper's Glen #1)
  • SEAL Firsts: A Collection of 3 FIRST IN SERIES books
  • White Diamonds
  • Protecting Rose
  • Tempted by a SEAL (Alpha SEALs #8)
  • Worth the Risk (Alpha One, #1)
USA Today best-selling author, Erin Richards, writes suspenseful paranormal, fantasy and contemporary young adult fiction with a splash of romance. You’ll typically find Erin’s characters in peril, whether based in reality or in a fantasy setting. Magic, murder and mayhem are all in a days’ work!

Erin lives in sunny Northern California, and in her spare time, she enjoys reading, photography, and

Psychic Justice Series (3 books)
  • Stealing Twilight (Psychic Justice Series #2)
  • Seducing Darkness (Psychic Justice Series #3)