Start by marking “By Your Side (Three Little Words #1)” as Want to Read:
By Your Side (Three Little Words #1)

By Your Side

(Three Little Words #1)

He needs to open up.

Published March 14th 2015 by Dutch Girl Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about By Your Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Your Side

Start your review of By Your Side (Three Little Words #1)
Didi
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very engaging, well written and sweet debut. It was hard to put down and had great comedic timing. Casey Steadman is ready to be the adult she envisions for herself. She's had her eye on a property that finally went up for rent and she sees it as a sign that things are going to change for the better. She's worked at the same place for many years and loves it, she has a great family and a supportive, yet hilarious set of best friends. Did I mention she has an alarmingly vast shoe ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
2 STARS

Ok I'm going to be honest (as ever) and give this one a 2 stars encouragement.

I picked this one at an attractive price ($0.99) after the author contacted me for a review, and quite frankly this should have been a perfect read for me. Well, based on the synopsis, anyway.

Unfortunately, what the blurb promised never happened, Neighbors to Lovers trope, mixing in Enemies to Lovers, Army Hero, Sassy Heroine, a supporting and loving family with 4 protective brothers. ALL the aforementioned
Whitney Barbetti
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually laugh out loud while reading. In fact, I don't think I ever have. But while reading BY YOUR SIDE, I actually snorted. This, for me, is a BIG deal. Humor is subjective so when I find myself amused by a story, I automatically sit up a little straighter and pay closer attention.

Karla Sorensen crafted a well-rounded and vibrant story, and she did it while splashing plenty of humor throughout. Even though I don't have a lot in common with Casey, the heroine of this story, I understood
Briana Pacheco

First off: Karla Sorensen is a name you need to remember!

I'm in awe that this is her debut novel and I can not wait to read more from her. Her writing style is perfect for anyone who loves contemporary romance. It's so refreshing and sophisticated. With well developed characters that I wish were real, By Your Side is a book everyone needs to read! Casey, her family and friends, Jake, and Remy (yes, the dog) were characters that I didn't want to stop reading about. They're all so
Katarzyna
5 Star Debut

Aww, I feel so warm and light-headed after finishing this sweet romance. It was amazing, I haven't laughed and been moved so much at once by a book like here while reading By Your Side. I really enjoyed this story. There were some hilarious scenes that made me snort from laughing (mostly thanks to Casey and Remy's many interactions) - great humor is a big advantage of this novel. Besides laughter the story stirred up some rage (Melinda ugh, I want to punch her so badly), plus the
Amy
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
By Your Side follows the story of Jake and Casey. Casey is 29 years old and is finding that her life isn't living up to her expectations. In an effort to make her life go in the right direction, she moves into a new place. What she wasn't planning on, was her landlord, Jake. Jake likes his life just the way that it is. He's enjoying the simple, quiet life. He didn't realize exactly how lonely he is until he meets, Casey. Her smiles and openness are now making him question and want things he's ...more
Izzie d
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Broody Hero.
Super positive heroine.
Cute dog.
Excellent secondary characters.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
Pushing away for a good bit.
No ex drama.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
HEA.
Epilogue 18 months later.
Marisela Chavez
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

Casey and Jake story was beautifully written. I absolutely loved them from the very beginning. I love how different they were and they worked perfectly. This was my first book from Karla and it definitely won't be my last.
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
*An e-ARC was graciously given by the author in exchange for an honest review*

As a debut novel, I must really say that I was blown away by this book. The author’s prowess was thorough and fun, clearly picturing out each scene. Her characters were entertaining but shared a tinge of depth that had me flipping pages at odd hours of the day.

But she was just so...overwhelming. Her hair was. Her body was. Her eyes? Yeah. Her smile was like a friggin spotlight, everywhere she unleashed it.

What I liked:
1) The dual povs.
2) The h. She may be a little silly or naive, with her list of things she wanted to accomplish by a certain age, but she was very hardworking, genuine and loved fiercely.
3) The H. I like that he was a hardworking, responsible guy, trying to be a good son to his late mother, and serving our country too. I also love the fact that he didn't need to fill the void with meaningless sex. Honestly, I have a hard time reading those stories. They are just so sad to me. I do
Lisa
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewers
Michelle's Review:

“By Your Side” is the first book in the Three little words series by Karla Sorensen. I like the way this author write strong smart women, who don’t fade just because they fall in love. This book is no exception. Casey is smart and likes working at “Hearth and Home” but she has bigger aspirations, and she wants more. This story deals with what a lot of us are going through, not getting recognize for your work , and colleagues that seem to get all the breaks.
Casey had to move now
Coco.V
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (3/20/2019)!

Blurb:
He needs to open up.

Jake Miller likes his life. It’s simple and quiet. Solitary. He’s taking the last thing his mother truly cared about before she died, the properties she owned, and making them his purpose. His time in the Army hadn’t allowed him to be there for her before, but this is something he can do now. Just him and his dog. Exactly how he wants it. Until her, his first tenant. With her innate openness and blinding smiles, the opposite of
Tricia
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
For the writing, story, character development, etc., I rated this book 3.5 stars.

However, I was taken aback by the irresponsibility of Ms. Sorensen in a few cases.

- using OCD and schizophrenia to label usual coping mechanisms is demeaning and disrespectful to those who suffer from those mental illnesses. OCD and schizophrenia are life-consuming and debilitating and I understand that though it is "hip" to use both flippantly, it is still not appropriate.

- suggesting that "flashing cleavage" and
Ginelle Blanch
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a breath of fresh air for me. There isn't a ton of swearing and, the relationship wasn't instant lust/gratification. It was nice to read how a normal relationship might form without all the sex that happens right away in most books in the romance genre these days.

I loved the storyline and the characters were strong. I laughed a lot while reading it and got a bit misty multiple times as well. Pretty good range of emotion/feelings in the story.

I love Casey's sass and humor. She is a
Chelsea Tollefson
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Holy moly, this is a fantastic book! The fact that this is a debut is super impressive. It was well-written, funny, heartfelt, romantic, and overall wonderful. The characters are really well-developed and grow with the story, which is perfectly paced. I can't say enough good things. The only reason this didn't get a fifth star is that I reserve those for books the completely rock my world emotionally. This wasn't that kind of book, but for the kind of book it is, this is as good as it gets. ...more
Tina V
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 wonderful stars!

I really enjoyed this book and easily fell in love with the story and characters! Really great read and I will surely be reading the next book!
Joan
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not my cup of tea...

I kept looking for the story to happen...but was never able to find it. The book just seemed to meander and was pretty boring. The main female character was supposed to be strong and feisty...but she didn’t stand up for herself with a coworker and was incapable of not buying shoes. Really? Sigh. All-in-all, not a book I would recommend.
Pcch2345
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5stars...my first read from author, and this storyline and writing absolutely clicked with me...big family, siblings and best friends, and Jake and Casey were like oil and water but eventually compliment each other...and dear sweet Remy, all made this book worth reading...will definitely read more books from author:-)
Kathryn Munsell
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Had to finish!

I really enjoyed this story. The way the relationship developed was just right. And although they had a few rough spots the way they worked through them was perfect. I admit I shed tears and when you read you’ll understand; but give this one a read!
Stephanie Osborne
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice story

Book 1 of the Three Little Words trio was terrific- I really loved Jake & Casey’s story. I like that the climatic event wasn’t the “hero saves the day & all is happily ever after “. The heart of the story really comes after.
Hannah
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I loved this book. Had some proper laugh out loud moments as well as some deep moments. Loved the relationship between Casey and Remy the dog. Then the relationship between Casey and Jake it hot. Amazing read.
Lauren
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Entertaining read about a shopaholic that moves into a rent house and can't stay away from the landlord. It had it's good points and it's lows. You know everything that is going to happen long before it does, which is one of my biggest point peeves.
Nora Noll
This book was okay. I loved Casey and her big heart. Jake was so closed off and I get why he was like that but him leaving Casey at the camp site just made me so angry. I liked that Casey had a protective family and was close to her brothers.

Angel Graham
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Decent read, but I never felt any actual sparks between the main characters.
Rebel Reader
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Good story. One less star than I would’ve liked to give it because of all the errors. Missing words in every single chapter. Sometimes every other page. This needs a good clean read!!
Marjorie Jean
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable

A wonderful story with some humor thrown in and family and friends included in this sometimes emotional but entertaining romance.
Cherie Maggi
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great

Great story this my second time reading it and I really enjoyed it. Can’t wait to read the next one.
Janice W. McMahan
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Soldier meets wall paper clsrk .

This is a very enjoyable romantic novel. Boy meets girl. She is from a large family. He is alone. This alone causes some misunderstandings.
Marsha Wright
Good story, thank u Karla Sorensen !

I really liked the characters, and romance was nice. The build up was slow, and characters got to know each other. Very romantic, good job.
Beth
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!! I loved this book!! Only the 2nd book I've read by Karla Sorensen but I'm definitely going to read more! Totally enjoyed this book!
100% recommend it!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Blindsided
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • The Dugout
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Love Me Tomorrow (Put A Ring On It, #3)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Lineup
  • Stay With Me (Hope Valley Book 5)

Three Little Words (3 books)
  • Light Me Up (Three Little Words #2)
  • Tell Them Lies (Three Little Words #3)
“and groaned. And Tate, saint that he is, just sighed and helped Rachel stand up, wrapping an arm around her waist to keep her steady as their sad little group moved towards the exit. "Okay Mike Tyson, let's go." He turned to Casey” 0 likes
“totally reminded” 0 likes