Start by marking “Spring Fever (Holidays With Jane #2)” as Want to Read:
Spring Fever (Holidays With Jane #2)

Spring Fever

(Holidays With Jane #2)

Winter's almost over and Jane Austen's got a case of spring fever! The authors who brought you Holidays With Jane: Christmas Cheer return to bring you six modern adaptations of Austen's classics. So put up your parasols and prepare for sunshine, smiles, and, of course, happily ever afters.

"Extra Innings" - A "Persuasion" story
by Jessica Grey
Annie Elliot still regrets break
ebook
Published March 17th 2015 by Indie Jane Press

To ask other readers questions about Spring Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Fever

Kirk
"Holidays with Jane: Spring Fever"....I enjoyed these six less than the first set. Some minor complaints here and there....one not fully satisfying ending, and more Marianne Dashwood bashing. The first story, however, was fantastic. The 4th one as well. Grrrrr!
Anna
Jun 23, 2017 added it
Shelves: austenesque
Holidays with Jane: Spring Fever is a collection of short stories set during Easter and the spring season. Each of the six stories in the book is a modern take on one of Jane Austen’s novels. I had hoped to finish the book before summer arrived, but I’ve been so busy these days that I’m just glad to have finished it! Besides, these holiday story collections can be enjoyed any time of year.

Here’s a short rundown of the stories in this collection:

“Extra Innings” by Jessica Grey (based on Persuasio
Maria
After they wrote a delightful and magic anthology, Holidays With Jane: Christmas Cheer, these six amazing authors joined forces again to give fervid readers and proud Janeites another gift. A new collection of short stories inspired by a new, thrilling season that will enchant everybody.

Extra Innings - Jessica Grey

Ten years ago Annie Elliot broke her engagement with baseball star Rick Wentworth because her family thought he was not the right guy for her. Now she must face the most embarrassing
Ceri
to follow
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jane-austen
6 Budding Austenesque Romances Begin to Sprout!

After releasing their first holiday anthology about Christmas magic and festive spirits, this lovely team of six talented and inventive writers has joined forces again to give us readers another holiday anthology brimming with Janeite goodness, fun, and love! (Can I get a woot woot?!?) This time we are celebrating all things spring – baseball, Easter miracles, weddings, and spring break. In this anthology there are six contemporary short stories, an
J. W. Garrett
“It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want—oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!” Mark Twain

1) Extra Innings: Jessica Grey: ends at 17%
This was a Persuasion variation with a baseball reference. Rich Wentworth was the new Assistant Coach for the Chawton Choppers. Anne Elliot was the administrative assistant to the General Manager Bill Musgrove. The story line followed closely the gist of lost
Melissa Buell
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
Holidays With Jane is so much fun to write!
Noel
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Baseball, ghosts, coral reefs, southern belles, what's not to love?!
I want more Kim!!!
Jess Swann
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it
On reprend les mêmes que pour Noel et on recommence ! Je vais donc, comme la dernière fois, vous donner mon avis sur chaque histoire

* Extra Innings de Jessica Grey: Annie Elliot still regrets breaking off her engagement to minor league baseball player Rick Wentworth ten years ago. Now he’s back in town coaching the team she works for and stirring up feelings she’d rather forget. Will Rick and Annie get a chance to hit a walk-off home run or will they strike out in Extra Innings?

Une réécriture co
Nelia
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluffstuff
Cute re-imaginings of Jane Austen novels. Most of the stories are quite strong, but I particularly enjoyed the reworking of Sense and Sensibility (Wine and Wineries) and Mansfield Park (No Vacancy at Mansfield Motel).
Susan
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun (warm weather) read. I
enjoyed it even more than the Christmas
collection. All the modern updated
Jane Austen heroines were cleverly
drawn and their 21st century situations
seemed plausible and entertaining.
angela
no matter how many times i read this delightful book, holidays with jane: spring fever always brings a smile to my face and makes my heart swoon.
Ela
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am reviewing the stories separately and my notes may contain spoilers:

Extra Innings (a "Persuasion" story by Jessica Grey)
5 stars
OMG, this was the best take on Persuasion ever! I knew I recognized Jessica Grey's writing once Star Wars was mentioned, her pop-culture references are pure gold. I liked that Annie's abusive family was featured but they didn't steal the spotlight from the main couple. And let me tell you that Rick Wentworth is so dreamy here! So considerate and protective of Annie a
Monique
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun cute read. It isn't my favorite of any of the various authors work but still good.
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read! My fav was Extra Innings and Lydia Reimagined!
Lexie
Apr 09, 2017 marked it as ebooks-owned-to-read
I mostly got the "Holidays with Jane" collections for the NORTHANGER ABBEY inspired stories. Cause guys, I adore that book, Henry Tilney and every single reimagining of it.

"Miracle at the Abbey" by Cecilia Gray
Oh joyous days. Kathia is a paranormal expert with a hit show entering it's 100th episode. Hoping to make it personal, her producer convinces her to go back to her hometown and the Abbey she spent her senior year living at where 'miracles' occur. All is fine except for Kathia the Abbey rep
victoria_tonks
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
OK, I won't repeat what I usually say in my reviews of this series. Just my favourite stories from HWJ #2. I loved Whine and Wineries, a S&S story - maybe because its focus is Elinor Dashwood, my favourite Austen heroine? And the other two I think I will be re-reading are the Emma story - Emma's Inbox, told as a series of e-mails/IMs/newspaper articles (which works quite well), and Extra Innings, the Persuasion one. They are all very well written and adapted.

Minor quibble - I have noticed a
Rebecca
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Another fun writing experience! I laugh, I swoon, I read. ;o)
Received a free copy for honest review

6 Short stories written with in the spirit of Jane Austin. I thought that these modern Jane Austin stories were well written and a nice easy read. If you are a fan of Austin you will love these.
Louisa
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Emma story was tots adorbs and had me smiling the whole time. My favorite in this anthology.
Susan
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: austenesque
All short story, modern adaptations of Jane Austen's work which were not really for me. They were okay but none really caught my imagination
Jill May
Apr 14, 2017
Jennifer Abella
Mar 30, 2015
Jessica Grey
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marilyn
Sep 01, 2017
Devon
Jul 26, 2015
Angela Lynn
Sep 23, 2015
Megan
Jun 15, 2015
Jessica Grey is an author, fairy tale believer, baseball lover, and recovering Star Wars fangirl. A life-long Californian, she now lives with her two children near Colorado Springs, where she spends her time writing, complaining about snow in April, and drinking way too much caffeine.

Jessica writes witty, modern Jane Austen adaptations and Young Adult fairy tales featuring strong girls and magic.

Holidays With Jane (6 books)
  • Christmas Cheer (Holidays With Jane #1)
  • Trick or Sweet (Holidays With Jane, #3)
  • Summer of Love (Holidays With Jane, #4)
  • Holidays with Jane: Thankful Hearts (Holidays With Jane, #5)
  • Holidays with Jane: Will You Be Mine? (Holidays with Jane, #6)