Start by marking “Harry Takes Off” as Want to Read:
Harry Takes Off

Harry Takes Off

(Iron Pegasus #1)

Two sisters. One ornithopter. The African Savannah. And one Army.

Harriet (Harry) Edgbaston and her sister Khuwelsa enjoy their life flitting around the grasslands of East Africa in the ornithopter her father bought for her.

But on a trip to see Lieutenant Schmidt of the German Army they become mixed up in what looks like becoming a major war. Escaping from captivity they m
Published March 30th 2015 by Tau Press

To ask other readers questions about Harry Takes Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harry Takes Off

Heather
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an action packed novel I wasn’t expecting to enjoy. It was really fast paced and entertaining because you never knew what was going to happen around the corner. I feel like the characters were written very well because they didn’t always get along and each of them had their flaws. It was my first time reading a book from this author and I think he did an amazing job.
Pat Cummings
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Pat Cummings by: Steve Turnbull
Shelves: reviewed
Ripping yarns* were stirring adventure stories in which plucky heroes triumphed over adversity (or sometimes simply died bravely). These thrilling tales, often set in iconic locations in the British Empire (Victorian London, Depression-era Yorkshire, British Africa, India during the Raj) or in places where the British Army was currently deployed (WWI and WWII Europe, South America, North Africa and the Middle East), were a staple for many schoolboy readers, beginning in the Edwardian era.

Harry
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kindle Unlimited, writer of several sets {sets ku, when sold separate may not be}. Serialized type would say and a bit steam punk and mystery adventure.

Maliha Anderson, Books 1-3
Harry Takes Off: Books 1 - 3
Frozen Beauty: Books 1 - 3
The Faraday Cage {different writers, more like small anthology from voidships universe}
Elona (Patterner's Path Book 1) {different than the above, probably due a couple more installments too, more sci fi less steampunk than others}}
Deena
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This was fun, but cliff-hangers irritate me, and I wasn't expecting this one because it's not Turnbull's usual style.
Mike
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: well-edited, indie
I received a copy from the author, who I know on social media, for purposes of review.

Reading a book that positions itself as steampunk is the triumph of hope over experience for me. This is because, almost without exception, the execution fails to measure up to the ideas. Fails by a wide margin. The average steampunk book is poorly written, both in terms of story and in terms of basic competence with the elements of prose.

This book is that rare exception.

Firstly, Turnbull doesn't flood us wi
Robin
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, steampunk
Harry Takes Off is a really enjoyable, historical, steampunk story — with an ornithopter! I enjoy all those aspects, and I love that the author doesn't cram any one of them down the reader's throat with too much description and exposition. The stakes are continually raised, which makes it necessary to read on—though I found the chapter and scene breaks a little weak. The characters of Harry and Khuwelsa were fun and well thought out. If I were Harry's father, I'm sure I would have yelled a lot m ...more
Richard
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon
Delightful tale set in Africa, with a decidedly Steampunk feel.

As a previous reviewer put it, a nice little yarn.

My only issue is how short the story was. I wanted more!
Julia
Feb 12, 2018
Rosie Reast
Mar 17, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate books (sigh) 11 44 Apr 17, 2015 01:08PM
When he's not sitting at his computer building websites for national institutions and international companies, Steve Turnbull can be found sitting at his computer building new worlds of steampunk, science fiction and fantasy.

Technically Steve was born a cockney but after five years he was moved out from London to the suburbs where he grew up and he talks posh now. He's been a voracious reader of s

Iron Pegasus (3 books)