Start by marking “Focus on Me (In Focus #2)” as Want to Read:
Focus on Me (In Focus #2)

Focus on Me (In Focus #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  1,804 Ratings  ·  366 Reviews
Colin Hartman can now add college to his list of failures. On the coast-to-coast trek home from California, Colin stops at a gas station in the Nevada desert, and can’t help noticing the guy in tight jeans looking like he just stepped off a catwalk. When he realizes Catwalk is stranded, Colin offers a ride.

Riley only intended to take a short ride in Colin’s Jeep to the Gra
Published July 21st 2015 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Focus on Me, please sign up.
StanceSmith For one thing, I really enjoyed the first book, and its' two main characters make a -short- reappearence.
So, no, I do not think you have to read the…more
So, no, I do not think you have to read the first book to follow the second story, but I think it would help with the set-up of the book as there are letters and a meeting between characters of first and second story(less)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

description

“Focus on Me” is book2 in “In Focus” series by Megan Erickson and like the first book the story centers on a road trip. Unlike the first book, this second book in the series deals with a tough, sensitive subject matter – mental illness – eating disorder in men. It is a common misconception that eating disorders only affect women. The reality is that eating disorders affect both men and women /boys and girls. Kudos to the author for approaching this topic in a very respectful way with ca
Kade Boehme
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything.

I loved, loved the first book so I knew this one was going to be good. I trusted Megan to write a good follow-up. She's such a great writer, so I went into it not even worried. Then I read this ARC. And I may have found one of those top ten favorites because this... This book floored me. (In a good way)

Colin was such an adorably charming southern guy, laid back but feeling a little insecure because, hey, he'd just realized college wasn't his thing. But I love how that w
Gigi

Advanced review copy of Focus on Me provided by Megan Erickson in exchange for an honest review.

Another cute-boy road trip tale from Megan Erickson! The first book in the series, Trust the Focus, was an absolute delight and I actually think I liked this one more!

Colin Hartman is a guy on his way home to North Carolina from California with his tail between his legs after flunking out of college his Junior year. Early in his cross country trip, he sees a lost looking young man he nicknames Catwal
Susan
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-favorites

If you’ve read anything by Megan Erikson, you’re aware that this author knows how to write an entertaining story.

And…

…if you’ve read Trust the Focus by Megan Erikson, you know that this author knows how to write a heartfelt New Adult story.

But…

…let me just say, Focus On Me is a whole new level…a deeply emotional journey, a brave bit of storytelling, and a book that will stay with me in my heart for a very long time.

First for some housekeeping: though this is book #2 of the In Focus seri
Megan Erickson
Mar 15, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books, m-m
So, this book. Well, it's my version of Mad Love, the 90s movie, but gay and with a solid happily ever after. It's sad, it's happy, it's sad again, and most of all, I like to think it's hopeful.

And yes, my loves, JusLan (from TRUST THE FOCUS) make an important cameo. Don't fear. :)

If you want to be notified when this book releases and get up-to-date news on all of my books, you can sign up for my newsletter here. You'll also have the chance to enter exclusive giveaways for my books and others. T
Shile loves books
Rating Removed

****************************************************
5 stars

He pulled back and blinked at me. “I came back.”
I smiled. “Yeah, you did. You came back.”
“Will you . . . still take me to the ocean?”
I nodded. “Of course.”
His face relaxed and he snuggled into me tighter

This book made me smile, laugh and heartbroken….it some heavy issues like :eating disorders, depression & suicide.

Our Mc’s Colin and Riley meet at a gas station when Colin offers Riley a ride, this was a creepy serial
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Warning: Random thoughts ahead!

For NA, this one was good.

Problem is, I just don't think NA is for me. And I also don't care for the co-dependency angle.

That being said, this one was very well-written. The characters were great. They made me laugh at times, they made me cry at times.

There was some steam, not a lot, but enough.

I loved the road trip. Their adventures. Seeing Riley and Colin's relationship grow along the way.

I found a few things a bit non-plausible.

I didn't read book 1, but th
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

No sophomore series slump here!! I read this practically in one sitting.

The book deals with mental illness, which can be a tricky topic to write about...but Megan Erickson does a really good job of writing with care. And to top it off, she managed to write it in a way where the book didn't feel too heavy.

Do I wish that we had more of what was going on in Riley's head? At times. But at the end of the day, I kind of liked that we only really saw Riley through Colin's eyes. It's s
Trisha Harrington
5 stars!

photo tumblr_mnn97sEcsE1st7qp7o1_500_zps1d2afe9d.gif

I loved Trust the Focus. It is easily one of my favorite books ever and it also introduced me to the amazingly talented Megan Erickson. So I knew after reading that book that I would read the sequel, Focus on Me.

The wait for this book killed me. But it was so worth the wait. It was everything I wanted it to be and more, much more.

Focus on Me is not like Trust the Focus. I thought Trust the Focus was angsty and difficult to read in places, but Focus on Me was even worse, but in a good
Ami
(view spoiler) ...more
Catherine
Note (added 11/03/2018):

In light of recent events, I can no longer recommend this book to my friends (or any reader, for that matter).

However, my Goodreads review space provides me an opportunity to rate and review books, expressing how they made me think, feel, question, or react at a particular moment in time. Sometimes, I use my review space to share stories about my life or comment on the world around me, drawing comparisons between myself and the characters and plot lines that I read abou
Vanessa North
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The follow up to Trust the Focus is, in some ways, a much more grown up book. Riley, aka "catwalk" has some pretty intense stuff going on that makes this roadtrip feel darker and rougher than the one taken by Justin and Landry. Megan's writing is, as always, engaging and smooth, with a deft touch for both humor and darkness.

I found the story emotional, very moving, and sweetly sensual. recommend!
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Earlier this year I read Trust the Focus, a m/m road trip romance and adored it. When I heard that Megan Erickson planned more books in this series, with a focus on road trip romance, it made me very happy. Focus on Me features two new characters who travel across the country, fall in love but also have to deal with a serious issue – depression.

Colin comes from a very close-knit family in North Carolina. His family owns a barbecue restaurant and were very supportive when he told them he was gay.
Nyrae Dawn
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. LOVED it. It was sweet, sexy, and heartbreaking. Riley and Colin's story will stick with me for a long time. I fell in love with both characters, and Megan did a great job letting me into Riley's head, even though the story isn't told from his POV. This was an emotional journey and I loved going on it with these characters.
Erika
So, I liked this one but I didn't love it, and that's because of a few reasons.

Rant
First of all, I feel as if this book really needed one last content editing session as well as another read through for grammatical errors and typos, because there were wayyy too many.

(A kindly fellow Goodreader set me straight on the folowing in the comments)
There was a part where Riley manages to randomly find and enter Colin's hotel room in a big city like Dallas, even though Colin wasn't in the room at the t
Stacee
Absolute perfection, just as I expected. I went into this book expecting a rollercoaster of feels and that's exactly what I got.

Colin and Riley are both fantastic. Their relationship is flirty and adorable and uncertain and insecure. It took a little bit of time for the reveal, but I had an idea. It wasn't exactly what I thought, but it was handled so so so well. Megan took a painful and dark subject and sheds a bright and loving light on it.

I feel like it's safe to say that there will be a HE
Debra
Quickie review before I forget I read this!

Once again Megan Erickson has written a completely enjoyable road trip book. In the end this had a more serious tone to it than Trust the Focus, but again, two very likable MC's who are both a bit lost in different ways. My heart broke for Riley aka Catwalk and Colin is a sweetheart. I loved the way she integrated Justin and Landry into the story. Some steam, a lot of ups and downs, a few tears and a sweet happy ending. With two books now, Megan Ericks
Keveen
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

"Look at me, Riley."
He stayed frozen where he was.
"Baby, I need you to turn around and focus on me"

Oh god, this story. This story was everything. I remembered loving the first book and this was no difference. I felt like this was more intense than the first one but it was fine. I really loved it. I teared up a little. This was so beautiful and I was so happy that I was not disappointed.

We finally read the story about Landry's fake boyfriend, Riley, in the first book. I was kind of sh
Meags
4 Stars

This was another impressively well written offering from Megan Erickson.

This story hurt so good. As demented as it may sound, if a book can emotionally compromise me the way this one did then I know it's a winner. And I'll be honest, I spent a huge chunk of this read feeling anxious and sad and a bunch of other not-so-happy feelings that resulted in a lot of tears on my end, but I can't help but deeply respect and admire the way Erickson was able to elicit such powerful emotions. She crea
Alisa
Review removed because the author may have supported/encouraged another author who may have misrepresented themselves as ownvoices and accepted cash gifts from fans under potentially false pretenses.”
Amy
Apr 08, 2015 added it
Rating and review removed.
Avon Gale
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There were a lot of things in this book that resonated with me for personal reasons, but I need some time to get my thoughts together before I could talk about that. (All in a very positive way, and all good things :) )

Mostly I just adore Erickson's deftness at crafting a story. She's so adept at hitting the sweet spot of angst, romance, humor and hotness in a way that results in a thoroughly satisfying reading experience.

There are some heavy themes in this book that I thought were handled bea
Mercedes
Jul 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mm-romance
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

So Focus on Me was not an easy read! My eyes were definitely leaking. It tackles sensitive subjects such as depression and anorexia, and how love can be there for you to fall back on but it's not the cure. My heart was hurting for these characters so badly, which only goes to show how much Megan Erickson made me care about them. I wanted them to find happiness - especially with each other - and I knew they would (hey, this is a romance), but the road there was messy and painful. There
Ashley
Mar 18, 2015 added it
Focus on Me is not for the faint of heart, let me tell you. A little something about myself? I’m usually have the emotional capacity of a stone when it comes to reading and I bawled while reading about Colin and Riley. Seriously, big, fat ugly tears. I think my husband looked at me like I was crazy, but that’s okay. Focus on Me touched me in a way that few books do and I loved every minute of it.

Colin and Riley are such wonderful characters. They are everything I would want from this story and m
Olizia
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Lo dejo en 3.5

Focus on Me es una historia dulce, con una trama sumamente interesante pero proporcionalmente desgarradora. Contada principalmente desde la mirada de Colin, un personaje que me ha encantado y me ha llegado al corazón por su sensibilidad, simpleza y dulzura. Sin embargo, no pude conectar con Riley y aquí el porqué de mi rating. Desde el principio no tuve química con el personaje ni con sus pensamientos en su POV, lo que provocó que para la segunda mitad del libro mi interés por la h
  • Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
  • Nothing Like Paris (Bend or Break, #2)
  • Spectacularly Broken (Spectacularly Broken, #1)
  • Sutphin Boulevard (Five Boroughs, #1)
  • Signs
  • Rattlesnake
  • Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2)
  • A Clean Break (Gay Amish Romance #2)
  • Red Dirt Heart 3 (Red Dirt, #3)
  • Maps (Life According to Maps, #1)
  • Status Update (#gaymers, #1)
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Complementary Colors
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • Glitterland (Glitterland, #1)
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized
More about Megan Erickson

In Focus (4 books)
  • Trust the Focus (In Focus #1)
  • Out of Frame (In Focus #3)
  • Overexposed (In Focus, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“I’ll find you in another life. Because you’re it for me in every one.” 6 likes
“You have to quit keeping this tab in your head of what you lost and what you won. Because then you miss the journey.” 4 likes