Start by marking “Appealed (The Legal Briefs, #3)” as Want to Read:
Appealed (The Legal Briefs, #3)

Appealed (The Legal Briefs #3)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  10,784 Ratings  ·  1,226 Reviews
The New York Times bestselling author of the Tangled books returns with the third standalone romance in the Legal Briefs series, a collection of sexy novels about first crushes, second chances, and the final verdict of the heart.

When Brent Mason looks at Kennedy Randolph, he doesn't see the awkward, sweet girl who grew up next door. He sees a self-assured, stunning woman..
Published January 19th 2016 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Appealed, please sign up.

Jayna You can definitely read this as a stand alone. The characters in books 1 and 2 only make a few brief appearances, and the previous storylines have no…moreYou can definitely read this as a stand alone. The characters in books 1 and 2 only make a few brief appearances, and the previous storylines have no connection to this one.(less)

Aestas Book Blog
Jan 19, 2016 Aestas Book Blog rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::::

“Let me make sure I have this right. You’re banging the prosecutor on your case?”

I swallow a mouthful of turkey club. “Yep. Well, sometimes we bang — sometimes we just hang out… Sometimes we talk… And sometimes we make sweet, sweet love.”

Stanton clarified. “And it doesn’t affect how you’re trying the case?”

“Nope. We go at each other hard all day in court, then we go at it harder all night in bed. And nothing about it isn’t awesome.”

“And the prosecu
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Provided by Author in Exchange for an Honest Review}

This beautiful, sweet, strong girl in my arms. She got to me forever ago - under my skin, into my heart - and she's been there, waiting, ever since.

photo 3f6369d1f75e2d0c646f8f972c3ae54f_zpssxj217js.jpg

This was another FABULOUS series written by the amazing Emma Chase. Since OVERRULED, I have had a little crush on Brent and I have to say after having read this one I am seriously in love with him. APPEALED has two of my favorite tropes, friends to lovers, and second chance
Christy
Aug 17, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lol-hilarious

photo 457A91D9-E0DA-4742-BADB-16044541999F_zpscntuwspa.jpg

Emma Chase’s Legal Briefs series has been fun, full of humor, steamy and full of heart. Appealed was a fantastic way to conclude this wonderful series. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again- Emma Chase writes the male POV like no other author. She excels at it. Appealed is written completely from Brent’s perspective and I couldn't be happier about that.

Brent and Kennedy’s story starts much earlier than when they find themselves together, against one another in court. They used to b
Anna's Ramblings ツ
4 WALDO stars!

You can never go wrong with Emma Chase. Her ability to enter a man's brain and write from the male pov stuns me each and every time.

If you've read the previous two books in this series then you pretty much already know how BRENT MASON's brain works. So let's take a look at his story, shall we?

All is well in BRENT MASON’s world…

Looking good, sexy, smart, rich and successful.

But above all, he's FREE... Free to do what he wants, how he wants it and whenever he wants it.

All the perk
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 05, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 "Waldo" Stars

description

Emma Chase delivers a second chance romance that is written in her delectable all male pov. The characters from the previous books return for what seems to be the final book in the series. This time it’s funny, sexy Brent Mason’s turn.

Brent’s childhood friend/neighbor and first love returns to town. Elle Randolph Kennedy isn’t happy to see him and she’s holding onto some huge past hurts where he’s concerned. It’s been fourteen years since they have seen one another. Elle also happ
S.M. West
4 "Randy Randolph" STARS

This is Brent’s story, the last in the funny foursome of Emma Chase’s Legal Briefs series. As I’ve said before, Emma is definitely my go-to for a hilarious romantic escapade that’s bound to bring me to tears with laughter, cause butterflies in my tummy and my heart rate to uptick with the sexy times.

This is a second chance story of Brent Mason and his neighbour and also childhood friend, Kennedy Randolph. These two had a meaningful friendship and a brief romantic encount
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS

"She's always been in my thoughts, even when I didn't realize it."

I loved this story for so many reasons, first of all because it's a second chance romance and enemies to lovers! And second because the story was refreshing! It has everything that I love in a story! It was fast paced, hot, funny and sweet !Seriously Emma Chase knows how to write amazing stories with funny moments!

description

I loved the combination of Brent and Kennedy, they make the perfect couple! Brent is smart, cocky, super hot
Pearl Angeli

4.5 Stars!

I had a lot of fun reading this book. It's totally hilarious, sexy, and with a mild angst going on. Another book added to my favorite rom com!

Appealed is the third book of The Legal Briefs series and it's all about the youngest and the wealthiest lawyer in the Mason-Becker-Santos-Shaw law firm, Brent Mason. Brent became infatuated with his childhood best friend Kennedy Randolph when they were in High School. Their parents, who are both filthy rich and influential, are family friends.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Stars

Over the last fourteen years I've thought a lot about what it'd be like to see Kennedy Randolph again- but I never thought it'd be on the opposite side of a courtroom.

You know when you read an epilogue that's so good, it not only manages to be the perfect conclusion to the book but it actually flawlessly ties the entire series up. Like you have this amazingly delicious three-tiered cake, and it's already prefect without anything, but then you add that icing that takes it from deliciou
Jurgita
Jan 03, 2017 Jurgita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Finished reading my first book of 2017!!!
I absolutely adored this book and I couldn’t put it down. It was funny, witty, sweet, emotional and sexy second chance romance. Oh and story was told from male‘s POV (Brent‘s POV)!
Brent Mason was amazing, cocky, hilarious (i laughed so hard) confident, and adorable. I loved his sarcasm and his humor! Kennedy was sassy, smart, and wonderful women with trust issues. I really loved these two characters together!
It was my first book by Emma Chase but definit
Beverly
Jan 02, 2016 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LIVE NOW: http://amzn.to/1JeW34q

Okay, let’s talk about book love, no series love, because I have absolutely loved every book in this series. Appealed is no exception, in my opinion it’s funnier, sexier and absolutely addicting!

For those who have not started this series, I will give you a little background info. Brent is a lawyer and started his own practice with his friends: Sophie, Stanton and Jake. We met them in Overruled and Sustained. Throughout the series I have looked forward to this book
Amy (Foxy)
’For all the girls next door - and the boys who love them.’
I was all in when I read that dedication. The idea of the boy next door falling in love with the neighbor girl is iconic and one that has women saying, “Awe!”

”A simple story about a handsome prince, a good-hearted princess, and their sweet love.”
Awe, doesn’t that sound lovely and all it needs is the magical - “They lived happily ever after.” As with any story nothing comes easy and especially second chances. Brent is the guy during
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
*Live! * Amazon US * Amazon UK *

Appealed is the most gorgeous ROMANTIC, lovely story about two beautiful people who find themselves all grown up with a second chance at loving each other. I was in my reading element. I swooned, I laughed and I shared the sense of fun the Marvel references evoked. I welled up with emotion during the beautiful Epilogue and I basked in the memory of previous characters. The story is told completely from the male perspective and in first person narrative. Emma Chase
XxTainaxX
Jun 28, 2016 XxTainaxX rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brent and Kennedy had something special and unique growing up. They started out as friends and were discovering one another as more when a combination of cruel people, miscommunication, and poor timing caused a rift between them that changed things forever. As adults, they meet again on opposing sides of a case but the spark they had as kids is certainly still there. Kennedy has grown into herself and is now a no nonsense ballbuster. Brent really likes who she is but also yearns for the girl she ...more
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
NOW LIVE! http://amzn.to/1NhiIbg

Dear Emma Chase,

I'd like to ask you a favor. Please hear me out before you decline.

Can you stop writing such swoon worthy men? Can you stop creating these perfect specimens that are equal parts sexy, funny, smart, and did I mention SEXY??!?!?

My poor boyfriend can't live up to these delicious men you've created. He's starting to get jealous. What's even worse is I thought I knew who I loved the most. Drew was always number one, but then came Jake, and there's Stan
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Perfect Stars

I don’t know how Emma Chase does it. I had zero expectations going into Appealed. When I got it, I thought to myself I would just read a few pages and then go about my day. Four hours later I finished it and I was just smiling from ear to ear.

Appealed is a standalone and is part of The Legal Briefs series. Be sure you blocked a few hours of reading because once you start this book, you will not be able to stop.

There are many things I enjoyed about this one. I loved the writing sty
Eliza

Title: Appealed
Series: The Legal Briefs, #3
Author: Emma Chase
Release date: 19th January, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 5CCC6B39-3526-464A-BC9B-D67B28279BEF_zpsfinyuf2m.jpg

There is no stopping Emma Chase when it comes to The Legal Briefs Series. It's far and away one of my favourite & consistent when it comes to delivering the feel-good-goods. Having cornered the market on the male POV, It's blend of unique voice and laugh out loud moments, maintain my theory that Emma has found a way to literarily spoil us.

Eve
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Live on AMZ- http://amzn.to/1lqrQUA

3.75 Second-Chance Stars!

photo F2B920E1-19B5-40CD-B9EC-46C3A4AF58C1_zpszlxhjckb.jpg

Appealed,
the third book within The Legal Briefs series, showcases the second-chance love story of Brent Mason and Kennedy Randolph. Having grown up with their sprawling estates next door to each other, they'd been best buddies until high school. High school, when all the popularity and push of being "cool" seems to outweigh being a decent human being. Brent the handsome Lacrosse player versus Kennedy the frumpy-dressed awkward girl of
Catarina
4 Appealed Stars.

Kennedy and Brent grew up as best-friends, but despite being attracted to each other when they reach high school they both are now on different social circles and their close friendship is not the same anymore. Until one night changes everything, and both of them deal with it the wrong way causing a drift that will last 14 years. Now, both older and smarter (or just older), and both working as lawyers they are working in opposites sides of a case. But while they go at each othe
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
May 01, 2015 Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2016
Rating : 4 Stars

description

My Views : This one was another winner by Emma Chase. Appealed is the story of two people who knew each other since childhood but a misunderstanding made them part their ways bitterly and when they knock to each other in adulthood, all the bitterness comes out and then they eventually fall in love. Appealed was sweet, funny, sexy and had a pinch of emotion attach to it but overall a very entertaining read.

Style of writing : Emma Chase has never disappointed me with her male voic
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Dec 26, 2015 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it really liked it
“The ride is the only thing that makes the fall worth it.”

That quote describes Brent and Kennedy's story perfectly. They both grew up right next door to each other and became fast friends. Unfortunately, as they grew older, their paths diverged a little bit. Brent became the quintessential popular jock, while Kennedy remained awkward and was relegated to the sidelines. This changed their friendship drastically, creating a distance between them that hadn't been there before. Add in some mean je
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 11, 2015 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Emma Chase Fans, Romance, Male POV
4 Rectifying Wrongs Along The Way Stars * * * *
It is a very, very sad truth, the human animal can be extremely cruel...and no time more than during puberty of both sexes...Little girls who only learned from doting parents their worth was based on looks and popularity, not what was inside or their intelligence, can become vicious tribes of mean girls laying claims to territory, sweeping through and destroying others self esteem for shits and giggles. Little boys who were encouraged to win at no
warhawke
Appealed is LIVE!
Amazon | B&N | Kobo
Enter Giveaway: http://wp.me/p5bsdH-Ye

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone Book 3 of 3 from The Legal Briefs series
POV: First Person - Male
Rating:

Brent Mason never let his physical disability to pull him back from enjoying his life. He was the in crowd in high school and now a confident criminal defense lawyer. He didn’t like to lose, especially not to someone from his past.

Kennedy Randolph was his neighbor growing up. They were best friends un
Sandy ღCoffeeAddictBooksღ
**4 batman stars**

description

Emma chase does it again… nobody can write a witty and smart male POV like her!
“The ride is the only thing that makes the fall worth it.”
Brent Mason, an ambitious lawyer has it all - partner to a successful law firm and constantly surrounded by the loved one’s but he can’t deny the feeling of emptiness when he is alone at his mansion. Losing a leg in his childhood didn’t affect his ability to charm any woman or get into their pants, but none of these ladies could fil
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

Appealed is the last in this series of sexy Lawyers, and we are treated to a second chance romance from the fantastic Emma Chase, but not only that, but a Love/Hate trope too!

Brent Mason and Kennedy Randolph basically grew up together, living as neighbours in their elite neighbourhood and always having a close bond. Their parents were good friends too, so they spent a lot of time in each others company unless they were at school, where they surround
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Aug 14, 2015 Hulya Kara Yuksel rated it it was amazing

Oh my Goodness! This book was definitely my favorite in this series. I loved it so much, I devoured it and I laughed so bad. Did I say I loved it? YEP, I JUST CAN’T GET ENOUGH BRENT MASON!!! God, he was pretty f-king amazing. :)

I always loved to read Emma Chase books. So I really enjoyed this one too. It was just like a fairytale. Like a dream comes true... Like they lived happily ever after thing... Yeah, I'm a hopeless romantic! ;)

Oh I also loved that amazing epilogue. And after that there was
Sabrina
Nov 14, 2016 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I'm sad to see this series go but it was such a fun experience meeting these characters. Brent's the playboy of the group that has the ability to always keep things light and funny. Until Kennedy comes back into his life, that is. She was his one that got away so now he isn't going to let her leave him again even if she's the enemy in the courtroom.

Kennedy and Brent were really great together and I loved seeing how Kennedy could put Brent in his place with no problem. Them in the courtroom toget
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

We finally get Brent's book! I feel like we've been waiting forever even though his book is only the third one. I knew it would be good but I had no clue just at how good it would actually be.

Brent is funny and charming and sarcastic and considerate. He really is an all around good guy. And he takes his wealth with a grain of salt and doesn't let it define him. The same goes for the loss of part of his leg that occurred when he was a kid..he's not ashamed of it at all.

Brent and Ken
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
From the moment we met Brent in Overruled I knew he was going to be my fav' in the group. His easy-going self, his humor, his charm were all things that led me to believe he was going to be IT for me. And I had to wait quite some time to have the confirmation.

"When I look at you, think about you, I can’t decide if I want to fuck you, strangle you, or just hold you in my arms. Usually all three. And if that’s not love, I don’t know what is.”

If you've read one book from Emma Chase, you all know
Maria...
"4 Brent+Kennedy=Mind blowing sex stars"

This was a great reading...
description
I loved this book for the most part because I get to be in the hero's mind (which I die for) to know what he's thinking or feeling...I liked this book as much as "Sustained" although I think this one was more in the sweet and romantic side...

"I could never be with someone like you-you have the
maturity of a twelve-year-old boy.
"And you have the chest of one."

This book is about 2 old friends who didn't keep in touch because some
  • Playing with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #2)
  • Playing with Trouble (Capital Confessions, #2)
  • Cream of the Crop (Hudson Valley, #2)
  • The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)
  • Fractured (Deep in Your Veins, #5)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6)
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • Wicked Sexy Liar (Wild Seasons, #4)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Judicial Misconduct (Lawyers in Love, #6)
  • Floored (Frenched, #3)
  • An Ounce of Hope (A Pound of Flesh, #2)
  • The Do-Over
  • Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters, #4; Addicted, #3.2)
  • Forever Pucked (Pucked, #4)
  • Playing for Her Heart (Gamers #2)
  • The Enforcer (Untamed Hearts, #3)
Emma Chase lives in New Jersey with her husband, two children and two misbehaving (but really cute) dogs. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now c
More about Emma Chase...

The Legal Briefs (3 books)
  • Overruled (The Legal Briefs, #1)
  • Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2)

“You have the maturity of a 14-year-old boy!“ Kennedy hisses.
"And you have the chest of one.”
32 likes
“What if the reason I’ve never let myself fall in love with a woman is because I didn’t have anything to give? Because I’d already given my heart to her when we were seventeen years old? And all these years…I’ve just been waiting for her to come back to me with it.” 18 likes