Start by marking “The Uninvited (The MacKinnon Legacy Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Uninvited (The MacKinnon Legacy Book 1)

The Uninvited

(The MacKinnon Legacy #1)

Madison Seaton has a secret.  She can see, hear and feel the dead.

At seventeen, Madison travels to Edinburgh to study and discovers that university is not the only adventure to be found there. The historic Scots city is a hotbed of paranormal activity and Madison’s talents and empathy are tested when she meets the spirit of a missing teen, Jaime.

Madison befriends Shane,
Published March 17th 2015

Irena
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before reading:

The MacKinnon Curse is one of my all-time favorite series.
When I heard there will be a spin-off I was just so... I can't even put my feelings into the words.
(happy, excited, beyond thrilled, in the mood for dancing) x3 !

I really, really wish more people would know about this author and her work. I have read 5 of her books and loved every-single one of them!

After reading:

This one was no exception. I really, really liked it!

This story takes place five years after The Departed.

Althou
Emma Nellie
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Uninvited by J.A. Templeton

****
Four and a half stars

(I was given an ARC for The Uninvited. It has not swayed my review!)

I've read her MacKinnon Curse series when it first came out and absolutely loved it! I remember waiting and waiting for the second and then the third book to release.

This was no different.

I've always been curious about Maddy and her past. While we see a bit of it from the MacKinnon Curse series, its nice to be in her mind and experience it all along with her. Maddy is one
Marla
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advance copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I loved the MacKinnon Curse series and had been anxiously awaiting the start of this new related series. My only complaint is that it wasn't long enough. I was so into the story that I WAS NOT ready for it to end. It was extremely entertaining and I was hooked from the beginning. This is the type of novel I love. It has everything I enjoy: paranormal, romance, mystery and suspense. I'm not one to put spoil ...more
Maggie Chatterton
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta-read
The Uninvited by J.A. Templeton is a thrilling opening to the new series The MacKinnon Legacy, a spin-off of the unforgettable, gripping and powerful Mackinnon Curse series. The Uninvited followed Maddy as she ventures away from the Braemar Castle and away from her best friend, a ghost named Hanway. There is more paranormal goodness in The Uninvited with groundbreaking characters and a mystery that only deepens as you delve further into the story.

I loved the pace of the story and the mystery tha
Janel Bechtel
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A interesting read.

I liked the main character. Although she seemed timid with her gift that didn't stop her from knowing she could help. A good read and entertaining.
Beth Knight
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mads!!

I loved maddy from the other books, and fell in love with her more. So good and she has the attention of some hot boys!
Rachelle
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-and-review
*I received this copy in exchange for a review.

In this spin off series of The MacKinnon Curse, this story is coming from Madison Sinclair (Kade and Cait's cousin) who has psychic abilities like Riley. It takes place when Maddy is attending University where Shane and Richie are learning as well. When a ghostly girl named Jamie asks for Maddy's help to find where her body is when she was kidnapped on her way to school, she leans on Shane for advice since he is familiar with ghosts and her abilitie
Paula
Having read and loved the MacKinnon Curse series, I couldn't wait to finally read "The Uninvited" by J.A. Templeton, the start of a spin-off series.

In "The Uninvited, Maddy, a young girl with a troubled past, starts university in Edinburgh. On her first night she's visited by the ghost of a dead girl, Jamie. This in itself wouldn't be a big deal. She's been seeing ghosts and communicating with them since a young age.
But what makes this different is that the girl had been murdered, her killer s
Amanda
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
I really liked the book. It did lack a certain something that others had but I couldn't put my finger on it.

It was a suspenseful book that had me on edge trying to put together the pieces of the puzzle.

I was questioning everyone and their motives and even AFTER something was revealed I questioned that too.

It held the creepy scary edge hat a ghost story should have and keep me interested in the story.

The end had me in sweats. I will be reading book two because I have to know what happens.
Mayra
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need book two now!!! Wow, the author is simply amazing! The chills and gut wrenching emotions I felt throughout the book is what I hate and love. I tend to read at night but sometimes have to stop because I get creeped out and feeling what Maddy feels gives me chills. The characters seem so real and I just love them except for the creepy ones. Lol.
I recommend you read the MacKinnon curse books because they are just AMAZING! I'm just glad there will be more books with the MacKinnon Legacy.
Heather
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So yesterday everyone was all 'Happy Easter!", and I was all book hungover from binge reading The Uninvited the night before. I had so many questions, and still have questions, I NEED answers to. I need book 2 ASAP. My best friend also has the book and if she doesn't read it soon, I'm going to sit beside her until she finishes it, so we can talk about everything that happened in the book. I need to talk about it. I need to talk about Maddy and what's coming next.
Beth
Mar 21, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Click Banner for link to $50 Visa GC Giveaway Rafflecopter Ends March 26, 2015
Sarah Wilkerson
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. Goodness. This book was amazing!!! I can't wait for the next book!!!!
Alisha
Loved this book! Ready for the next!!! :D
Cheryl
Mar 30, 2015 added it
Awesome

All I need now is to read the sequel. Such an amazing story and I have to have the next one. Great book great author.
Anais Paty
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was amazing cant wait for the next one!!
Briana
4.5 It took me a while to finish this book since school started again! Now I have to get the 2nd book to see what happens next. I enjoyed this series from the beginning of the MacKinnon Curse.
Rachel of the Summer Court
Although this is ready to go on my kindle, I'm not starting it until books 2 & 3 come out next year because I'm not a masochist. Yet.
Jedidiah Petersen
This was a really interesting and good read and even though it is intended for young adult, I really enjoyed it and read it in one sitting.
Jenna Motionless
Nikkiemarie
Jul 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Ashlyn's Radio
  • Switch (The Witches of Armour Hill, #1)
  • Salem's Wake
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • Siridean: Legend of the Faerie Cross
  • Oppressed  (Arelia LaRue, #4)
  • Mary Hades (Mary Hades #1)
  • The Air Singer (The Cantors)
  • East (History Interrupted #2)
  • Seizing Darkness (Fur, Fangs and Fairies, #1)
  • Taming Shadows (Revelations #1)
  • Keeper Chronicles: Awakening
  • Eochaidh (The Legend of the Horsemen #1)
  • Divine Bloodlines
  • Heir of Earth (Forgotten Gods, #1)
  • Awakenings
  • Laila and the Witches of Kalazar
  • INFECtIOUS (INFECtIOUS, #1)
J.A. Templeton is the YA/New Adult pen name for adult romance author Julia Templeton. A psychic medium, Julia loves history, travel, and reading in every subgenre of romance, especially young and new adult.