Start by marking “Unwürdig (Star Trek: Voyager, #6)” as Want to Read:
Unwürdig (Star Trek: Voyager, #6)

Unwürdig

(Star Trek: Voyager)

Die Borg, die größte Plage der Menschheit, sind verschwunden. Doch ist das so? Kann diese tödliche Bedrohung, die der Menschheit über Jahrzehnte angehaftet hat, wahrhaftig verschwunden sein? Die Föderation beschließt, dass sie es genau wissen muss und die Sternenflotte erhält den Befehl, es herauszufinden. Das Raumschiff Voyager führt eine Flotte in eine Weltraumregion, di ...more
Mass Market Paperback, deutsche Erstausgabe, 360 pages
Published April 6th 2015 by CrossCult, Ludwigsburg (first published October 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Unwürdig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unwürdig

Start your review of Unwürdig (Star Trek: Voyager, #6)
Erica
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Batiste felt his cheeks growing hot.
"You are referring to the Borg."
"The Borg
Collective," Meegan replied, adding emphasis.
"Have you had significant contact with the Borg?"
"They are our betters in every way. We hope one day to be worthy of their attention. Until then, we will strive to emulate and please them in all that we do."

In Unworthy Kirsten Beyer continues the story of Voyager and her crew with taking them all the way back to the place where it all begun - the Delta Quadrant. This time th
Michael King
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, a decent Voyager book.

With the titles since the end of the series (has it been that many years ago?), the ST authors have given short shrift to Voyager. While Tuvok has moved on to ST:Titan, the other Voyager characters have been left to languish in the wake of the other Trek novels and ongoing pantheon that culminated last year in the Destiny miniseries.

With the reboot from Destiny, several major storylines from the Voyager books were left hanging, and Voyager's place among the new Tr
Dan
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, vgr
An exciting and fast-paced story with many twists and turns. Often, Star Trek novels can be formulaic and easy to predict; However, this outing, like much of the modern Trek novels, proved to be unique and exciting, with many plot twists I certainly didn't see coming. I highly recommend reading this tale, but if you haven't read the Destiny trilogy or the previous Next Generation and Voyager relaunch novels, you may feel a little lost.

Full review: http://treklit.blogspot.com/2011/04/u...
Jimyanni
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Matt Hutson
BookMattic’s Rating: 4/5

Goodreads’ Rating: 4.08/5

Unworthy is one of those Trek books (if you’re into Star Trek) that is similar to watching an episode of the series. There’s a strong moral to the story which

Kirsten Beyer has done a great job in writing. It’s nice to pick up this book and

just zoom right through it since it’s easy to read and has a good story line.

These Voyager characters have well rounded characteristics which bring life to

the story and make it fun to read.

Unworthy’s plot is
Allison
Another great edition to the reboot line. I'm continually impressed with how engaged these books get me, despite shaky characterization. I gotta give credit to the plot- Beyer is better than the actual writers for the show in that respect. There aren't lose ends, things make sense, and I'm ultimately satisfied with the way the plot wraps up.

The alien of the week is cool as heck- multiple aliens (some noncoporeal and/or nonhumanoid) interacting to sort of form a "collective" of their own, aliens
Anja Braun
This was a very, very good read!!
B'Elanna and her 3 and half daughter Miral have been in hiding for more than a year. A renegade Klingon sect decided the best way to avert the apocalypse Miral's birth foretold was to kill her. B'Elanna was going to meet up with her husband Tom when her ship needs repairs. She decides to visit a friend.
Seven is having issues of her own: Her Beloved aunt has died as has her friend B'Ellanna and her daughter or so she thinks..Now she is constantly hearing a voice i
Steve
I was initially hesitant to give this book 5 stars, but I realized that I did really like it, and that I found it incredibly difficult to put down, and for those two facts alone, it deserves five stars. I like the premise of this book, but I found one or two parts a little hard to reconcile, but I guess that is what the second book is for.
Christopher Backa
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Kirsten really captures the voices of the Voyager characters really well. She also picks up some story threads from past novels and the series. Full Circle and Unworthy when read together feel like a pilot episode for a new Voyager series. I am looking forward to the next entry in the series.
Keith
Sep 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read the Star Trek series for decades now (horrible realization here), and this book was the first to catch my interest in years. I'm really looking forward to Ms Beyer's original content novel that was mentioned in the author's notes.
Liz
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People trying to get to the next book
This book was...like "Full Circle" in every way, good and bad, but less so.

Beyer continues to restore the heart and dignity that was so heinously ripped from "Voyager" by previous "Star Trek" novels, and I really enjoy most of her new characters. That said, the plot of this book didn't enthrall me, and as with "Full Circle," much of it seemed to be about tying up loose ends more than being a coherent, stand alone story.

The one main thing that irked me about this book was the forced tension bet
David
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Another excellent Voyager adventure!
Gabrielle
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Much better than the last one, glad I kept on with these. I enjoy the voyager fleet concept.
Luke
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed for TwoNerdsTalking at http://wp.me/p4Wvzn-12J

Unworthy picks up where the previous novel Full Circle left off, following the exploits of the crew of the refurbished USS Voyager and their mission as part of the fleet tasked to explore the Delta Quadrant for any sign of the mysterious Caelier.

But they're not alone in their desire to find the Caelier. Seven of Nine, now separated from her Borg implants is being plagued by an internal voice insisting that she is Annika Hansen. Wh
Steve
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek-novels
Gaby
Oct 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Unworthy is the latest in the Star Trek Voyager series. While I am not that familiar with the Star Trek Voyager novels, I've enjoyed watching Star Trek on TV. This latest installment, Unworthy, smoothly portrays the Voyager characters and introduces the new captain of the Starship Voyager, Afsarah Eden. Kirsten Beyer includes enough background that new readers can reasonably follow the story, although I felt that I would have benefited by having read the earlier book.

The characters' internal con
Sam
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good addition to the Star Trek universe. There is an 85% chance you won't see every plot-twist ahead of time that's contained in this heavily-woven mesh of unique story arcs. You'll be surprised and entertained the whole way. I was nervous at the beginning, because I thought it was going to be a bunch of spirit-journeys and metaphysical epiphanies, but the plot quickly jumps into various fallout from the Destiny trilogy and the Caeliar's impact in general.
At one point Beyer acknowledges
Sharon
A wonderful book. I have read Star Trek Novels for years and with a few exceptions, they are mostly fun escapist readings that I can put to the side when I am done and not pick up again. This is one of the exceptions. I am sure this one will be read over and over again for years.

The Crew of Voyager comes home. There are promotions and positions are shifted around but with the exception of Janeway and Tuvok (who is serving with Riker on the Titan) they are back. We also make some new friends. Th
Erik
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation of the Voyager series. What starts out slow and very character driven (but still very engaging) turns into a very fast-paced action-adventure with a minor mystery (and partly predictable in one area, in my opinion) in the second half of the novel. It's a fun read and leaves you excited for the next book. The tough sell is having to introduce new characters and making us care about them on any level, after the TV crew. A few standout pretty quick - Captain Eden and Counselor ...more
Kristen
Oct 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, sci-fi, star-trek, 2014
This was pretty fun. I typically enjoy Beyer's novels. I was glad to see Voyager return to the Delta quadrant for genuine exploration. It was weird and kind of sad to see so many characters there, but still not to have it be the same old crew. The changes were good, though.

I thought the Indign culture was interesting in a completely messed up way. Revering the Borg freaks me out. I think Beyer needed to go into a little more detail about the Eight and Meegan, but I am sure that will be covered
Melvin Patterson
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
I was pleasantly gratified by this entry in the Voyager saga. I wasn't a huge fan of the TV series, but Kirsten Beyer has done a truly excellent job in giving these characters life and depth.

I thought these characters had added depth and complexity which was refreshing. The thing I always liked about the original series was that it wasn't just spaceships and phaser battles, but about relationships and social problems in a science fiction context.

In some of the books based on the Trek series you
RumBelle
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, star-trek
This was a very interesting, entertaining book and continuation of Voyager's story. I really enjoyed the fact that we got to see Chakotay, Seven, B'elanna, Tom and Harry all on the same ship again. They found a new home on Voyager in a way that was very well done, and not at all contrite. The plot was extremely interesting to, between Seven's issues and the species they encountered the Delta Quadrant, to the intrigues of Starfleet, all came together for a book I could not put down.
Scott Williams
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is quite solid. I wasn't sure about the characterization of Chakotay in the last book but Beyer has gotten him right here. I like Captain Eden and look forward to more of her and more of Beyer's work in the next instalment. My sense is that Beyer is a strong addition to the Star Trek: Discovery writer's room.
Rick
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and fun book

This story pulled together parts of the Voyager series that were fun to remember. It also contained the same characters that we have grown to love. Excellent story, well written and very enjoyable. Meegan watch I think you are about to enter into another story soon
Brian Lupo
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Kirsten's work, but I do miss Captain Janeway at this point. She has done good work though in developing Chakotay and introducing some new characters from Starfleet. I'm looking forward to the next one in her series.
Fate's Lady
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
This was entertaining if predictable, and if say it's easily the best of the relaunch novels so far. It feels for the first time like Voyager and her crew are getting their footing again, and I expect future novels will be more in line with the series I loved.
John Cipolla
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am liking her writing more and more. The character development is excellent. I love the idea of a mission back to the Delta Quadrant to meet up with Neelix.
Steve Roberts
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun book to read

Loved this book. Read it in 4 days and given my work schedule that is unusual... but I just couldn't put the book down!
Goldenwattle
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read. I found this a page turner, but then again, Voyager was my favourite series in the Star trek saga.
John
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Farther Shore (Star Trek: Voyager: Homecoming, #2)
  • Homecoming (Star Trek: Voyager: Homecoming #1)
  • Enemy of My Enemy (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #2)
  • Spirit Walk (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #1)
  • A Singular Destiny (Star Trek)
  • Over a Torrent Sea (Star Trek: Titan, #5)
  • Lost Souls (Star Trek: Destiny, #3)
  • Mere Mortals (Star Trek: Destiny #2)
  • Gods of Night (Star Trek: Destiny #1)
  • Losing the Peace (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Cohesion (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #1)
  • Distant Shores
  • Synthesis (Star Trek: Titan, #6)
  • Destiny: The Complete Saga: Gods of Night, Mere Mortals, and Lost Souls
  • Evolution (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #3)
  • Rough Beasts of Empire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #3)
  • Zero Sum Game (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #1)
  • Seven of Nine

Star Trek: Voyager (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Caretaker (Star Trek Voyager, #1)
  • The Escape (Star Trek Voyager, #2)
  • Ragnarok (Star Trek Voyager, #3)
  • Violations
  • Incident at Arbuk (Star Trek: Voyager, #5)
  • The Murdered Sun
  • Ghost of a Chance (Star Trek: Voyager, #7)
  • Cybersong
  • The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, #4)
  • Bless the Beasts (Star Trek Voyager, #10)

News & Interviews

“Most things worth doing come with their fair share of risks” 0 likes
“Let us await what will surley come without fear of unforseen concequences” 0 likes