Start by marking “The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)

The CEO Buys In

(Wager of Hearts #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7,263 ratings  ·  445 reviews
Self-made billionaire Nathan Trainor feels restless and disillusioned. His company may be thriving, but he can’t find a woman who sees him for more than his wealth. With his love life in the red, he meets two other billionaire bachelors at the ultra-exclusive Bellwether Club. The three of them make a wager of the heart: they must find women who love them for who they are, ...more
Published July 21st 2015 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about The CEO Buys In, please sign up.
Elke It's the first book in a series. The 2nd will come out end of May and is called "The All-Star Antes Up". You can read the 1st without the need to read…moreIt's the first book in a series. The 2nd will come out end of May and is called "The All-Star Antes Up". You can read the 1st without the need to read any further. You might want to though. Hope this helps?(less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
Jenn
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We've all seen the scenario where the owner of the company falls for his temp secretary. However, I thought this had a different spin, one that I very much liked.

To me I felt like she was Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman, and he was a semi combo of Christian Grey and Gideon Cross- however, his only hang up was his strict military father and luckily he wasn't a nutjob in the bedroom.

I know- it's a weird mix but it's what I thought as she was the under paid temp rising to the top secretary job,
Syndi
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF

I am very conflicting about this book. The blurp about office romance is what pulls me in. When I start listening to the book, the first 40% is interesting with a lot of steamy foreplay. But then its dwindle down from there.

The plot is all over the place. The chase between Nathan and Chloe is dragging. So dragging and adding way too much layers on the story. I got very confuse and then I lost interest. I try to finish the story due to steamy foreplay. But I just have to call it quit and
*TANYA*
A pretty good book, it dragged at times, a bit predictable, of course. I still liked it very much, the romance and banter was cute. I’m not sure if I’m interested enough to finish the series.
Ana // TheBooktarian
Thank you Netgalley for sending me this book in exchange of an honest review.

DNF!!
I didn't like it! I can't even get through this book because I find it quite unoriginal and unrealistic.
I feel that I have read a lot of books with the same story line and the same events, and I didn't like that.
Maybe a lot of people enjoyed this book, but personally I didn't and I can't finish it.
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2az0ojb

I'm not usually fond of betting themes but a group of men betting on finding true love and romance? I. Am. In. I had a good time with The CEO Buys In. A sexy, commanding hero and a strong willed and caring heroine with scorching chemistry? Yep. Yep. Definitely in.

The quick of it is that Nathan has found himself drowning his woes of the female variety at his club one night. And it's wound up with a unique bet as his two
Dominika
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this one by coincidence and I enjoyed it very much.
Kate
"It's the beginning of a bad joke. A writer, a quarterback, and a CEO walk into a bar."

This is my first book by this author. I'm a bit stumped to be honest. I expected more and different. Just once I want to meet a down to earth, modest millionaire, as that too much to ask?
3 slightly disappointed stars.

Nathan Trainor is rich but what he really wants is to find someone special. To be loved for him and not for his wallet. After finding out that his current now Ex did know who he was makes him
Heather andrews
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nathan is quite the charmer, "don’t mess with a highly aroused but unsatisfied man,” he warned. “Or you may find yourself in an awkward position." He's not a shy man, "of course. I’m an inconsiderate idiot.” He threw back the duvet and rose from the bed in all his beautiful, uncovered glory. “You’ll find plenty of clean towels. Use whatever soap and shampoo you like." He has no problem asking those embarrassing questions, "he bent his head to whisper in her ear the question that had been ...more
My Pink Fairytales
What a nice surprise! I think the most enjoyable books are the ones you didn't expect to like.
To tell you the truth, I wasn't too excited about this one. I was sure I'll roll my eyes the whole time and maybe not even finish reading the whole thing. It was free thanks to my Kindle Unlimited subscription, so I said "what the hell, let's try it."

I was so wrong. I'M SORRY!

It's hard not to judge a book by its cover blurb: temp executive assistant falls in love with a super handsome super rich CEO,
The BookChick
The CEO Buys In

The trope if this story will not be unfamiliar to romance readers. A sexy billionaire who is jaded by love but secretly wants it finds it with an unlikely and understated beauty. Throw in the elements of a secret wager and a well intentioned (and sweetly meddling) grandmother and you have this story.

I enjoyed Nathan and Chloe together as a couple and their journey to finding love was rather sweet, although it felt a bit contrived. The powerful CEO in a haze of sickness becomes
♡Tonya♡
Three billionaires make a wager about finding a woman who loves them for something other than their money. Now, any fool can see you are asking for trouble if you don't come clean when you do actually meet someone you start to care about.
Nathan is a tech genius who is a self made billionaire. After finding out a woman he cares about deceived him in the way they met, he is at the end of his rope with women. Hence the reason for making the bet. Chloe is an office temp who gets moved up the ranks
Lisa Kay
Enjoyed this one by a new-to-me author. Bought another of her books because of this one. Looking forward to the next in the series. Fast read. ...more
Katie(babs)
The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts #1) by Nancy Herkness takes the familiar trope of the semi-emotional scarred billionaire hero who hooks up with the, dedicated and sweet "living paycheck to paycheck" heroine, and give it a unique premise. This premise that kept me interested is because of the first chapter. The hero Nathan is at his rich man's club (reminds me of a scene from a regency historical romance novel where the titled hero ends up at White's) drinking away his sorrows. The woman he was ...more
A Klue
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As much as I want to like every NetGalley ARC e-book I am issued, it is not always possible. Unfortunately, The CEO Buys In is one of those cases. The cover and book synopsis were both well done. Thank you, Ms. Herkness, for providing a very classy cover with our handsome hero actually wearing a shirt. This reviewer prefers class over skin on her romantic reads. Unfortunately, in this instance, it was the writing style that missed the mark. Starting off very subtle, the first red flag was when ...more
Nickie Adler
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nathan Trainor is drowning his sorrows at the exclusive Bellwether Club, due to his breakup with girlfriend Theresa, with two of his fellow members. He is convinced that no woman sees him for the man he is, but see only his billions and what he can do for them. As all three men commiserate their women problems, they decide to wage a bet that whoever finds true love within one year will win the bet. Chloe Russell has the savviness and know how to get any job she chooses, however, she works for a ...more
Linda
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Nathan is fed up with not being able to trust women with them wanting him for himself, and if he ever sees another golddigger - hell flip.
Drowning his sorrows at the members club, he finds two men in the same position, and soon a wager is made - to find love within a year, and love that doesnt care about fame or fortune.
Chloes latest temp position changes from a normal assistant to being the CEOs personal one when the flue strikes, and the windfall is welcome since shes taking care of her
Samantha
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy read and I finished it in one sitting. Nathan and Chloe are both easy to like and the writing is pretty good. The story is kind of an overused scenario where a less than wealthy woman and a ridiculously wealthy and successful man fall in love. There's a wager and a fun spin on an overused plot structure and a really awesome character chemistry. I just liked the book so it gets a bought in 4 stars from me.

Nathan, as is usual for me, was my favorite part of the story. He's a good
Caz Malpas
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who liked The Billionaire Bachelor series
3.5 BETTING ON THE STARS!

This was free to read and listen with kindle unlimited.

The above was the main reason I chose this book, I needed an audiobook to see me through a busy day and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised. Not a bad little story and if you like billionaire boss falls for his temp secretary romance.

A light and easy going read/listen.
Brandy
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the mixed reviews, I’m glad I took a chance on this one. Smart, well-rounded characters; lovely, descriptive writing; great storyline. This author has a well-developed writing style and it’s a nice change of pace from other contemporary romances that seem to focus only on dialogue and action sentences, without descriptive words to create a good setting.
Chan
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shallow!

Writing: Decent. Not many mistakes. However, there was a strange quality to it. Some of the sentence structures were odd. It made me think the author's first language may not be English.

Storyline:
description/
There was nothing but sex, sex, sex and more sex. The opening was okay and set the book up to be pretty interesting, but I don't see how the prologue was fulfilled because the main characters never really got to know each other. All They did was have sex. EVERYWHERE. Every conversation they
1-Click Addict Support Group
I’m going to do this a little differently. I’m going to tell you about BOTH of the books in the Wager of Hearts series, because I read them basically back-to-back, and I’m finding it utterly impossible to separate my feelings about them.

Let me start with a story…

I have this friend. This friend that I both love AND hate at the moment. Mostly love, but, well…

Here’s how it went. I was lamenting with another friend about how long it’d been since I’d read a classic, solid billionaire story. You
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I'm lucky enough to have a signed copy of The CEO Buys In, and the author signed it with a simple message "Love or Money?", which having now read the book makes perfect sense to me, as it is the main theme of the book.

Nathan Trainor is a billionaire, and along with 2 new acquaintances make a bet to see whether within a year they can find women to fall in love with them, for the people they are and not their wealth and circumstances. I believe the stories of the other 2 men will be in books 2
Claudia
This book was quite a surprise for me and really loved reading about Chloe and Nathan. I liked how these two were with each other and how their relationship developed.

Nevertheless I don't understand why some authors rush their characters that much. really, I like the idea about love at first sight, but more in PNRs than in contemporaries.

Although there were some flaws, I really liked it and can't wait to read the next two books :)
Fabiola Chenet
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story and the heroes. They were great, determined and they know what they want. I love that in a story. The story was great, the style fluent. There was a lot of humor, also some emotion. And I loved the relationship between the heroes and its evolution. I loved the relation between the heroine and her grandmother. The relation between the hero and his father was very moving. The story was also very hot LOL
I can't wait for the second installment.
Emily
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Decent.
Too much back and forth for my taste.
There was also a lot of sex, when the couple was together that was all they did, so I never saw how a connection could grow like that.
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nathan is a billionaire that invented a battery that made him very rich.
Nathan needed an assistant and Chloe steps in to help.
Chloe is a great assistant but is looking for a financial security to look after her elderly grandmother.
Chloe and Nathan are attracted to each other but because they don't discuss anything they have different expectations.
I did enjoy this story but did develop very slowly fo took ages to finish. Was looking for listening to others in series but only first book is on
Rhonda Mackay
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know about you but I can't wait for this Victoria Day long weekend, and what better way to enjoy it then by getting a big glass of wine, a sunny spot on the deck and a hot romance. Well I can't help you with the first two but I have the book for you to read! The CEO Buys In, by Nancy Herkness is Part I of a three part series. Nathan Trainor is a self made billionaire who isn't too lucky in love. Women tend to want him more for his money than anything else and being nice on the eyes ...more
Emily
Three strangers make a bet, find true love and future wife within a year or give up something that is precious to them. Billionaire Nathan Trainor knows the stakes are high, but after finding out his last girlfriend had set the whole thing up and their relationship was a facade, he is doubtful that it will happen. However in walks in office temp Chloe Russell.

Chloe holds a grudge against big corporations, her inventor father had been burnt and by one and she believes they are all bad. Meeting
Lisa
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was recommended to be by...someone. And I enjoyed it in that 'easy to pick up and put down' kind of way. It wasn't gripping, or particularly fresh in its plot and storyline. But it was done well.

Nathan is a billionaire (aren't they all!) who has it all but has been unlucky in love, only finding women who want his money. On a drinking binge at his exclusive King of World (not its real name) club, he makes a secret bet with a gander of other billionaire boys. Presumably his bet is about love.
Jessica Calla
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved THE CEO BUYS IN. I was drawn to Chloe and her situation with her grandmother, and Nathan with his father. I thought these story lines gave the book depth and layered the plot so that it wasn't simply a love story. Nathan was a sweetheart despite his CEO status. Because I was reading this book the past few days and couldn't put it down, I almost missed my son's school bus more than once! Can't wait for number 2 in the series!

• Royal Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #3)
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
  • Hollywood Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #4)
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
  • Owen (Undercover Billionaire, #3)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • The Wrong Man (Alpha Men, #3)
  • Arden (Undercover Billionaire, #2)
  • BOSSED: By the Billionaire
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
  • Runaway Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #5)
  • My Boss, the Billionaire (The Billionaire Kings, #2)
  • The Wingman (Alpha Male, #1)
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • Ensnared (The Accidental Billionaires, #1)
To get a free novella, sign up for Nancy's New Book Alert at: http://bit.ly/2mU6ljd!

Nancy Herkness is the author of the award-winning Whisper Horse series, published by Montlake Romance, as well as several other contemporary romance novels. She is a two-time nominee for the Romance Writers of America’s RITA award. Her new series, Wager of Hearts, follows the romantic adventures of three very

Wager of Hearts (3 books)
  • The All-Star Antes Up (Wager of Hearts, #2)
  • The VIP Doubles Down (Wager of Hearts #3)
“Luck is the residue of design.” “We’re” 0 likes