Start by marking “Embraced (The Life of Anna, #3)” as Want to Read:
Embraced (The Life of Anna, #3)

Embraced

(The Life of Anna #3)

Devin has achieved his goal of becoming Chairman and all seems peaceful...until Devin performs an act of cruelty that pushes Anna to fight back for the first time in her life. Meanwhile, Alex is working hard to give her something that Devin can never take away.
As her Masters work around her, Anna must navigate a life she never wanted.

There is a subc
Published March 19th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Embraced, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Katherine who is bk? Do tell...please?
Katherine Is this comment/question poking fun at my desperation to read the next installment? It's all good, I don't mind. I am a lil desperate. Or, is this the…moreIs this comment/question poking fun at my desperation to read the next installment? It's all good, I don't mind. I am a lil desperate. Or, is this the way you feel about book 4?(less)

Start your review of Embraced (The Life of Anna, #3)
Candace
So Many Changes. Yet, Nothing's Changed.

"The Life of Anna" is one of the most disturbing dark erotica series I've ever read. I love stories with a dark, disturbing edge to them, so this series is right up my alley. In many ways, this third book seemed lighter than earlier books. There is far more romance and "feel good" moments. The few dark scenes were really disturbing, but there weren't as many as in the first two books.

As the series progresses, I'm finding myself getting irritat
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Fark.

I was lulled into a false sense of security for the first half of this book.... And then BAM! There it was. Rape. Abuse. Betrayal. Death. Destruction. Heartbreak. Addiction. Pain.

The prose in this book is deceptively simple. But behind that simplicity lies a darkness that I have never encountered in any other book, and I doubt I will ever find again. This series is FUCKED.

This was a horrific installment, and even though I nearly threw up, there wasn't as much abuse as in the second part. It also wasn't
Bec
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the great honour of beta reading this book, and this series just gets better. It's very difficult to check for grammar etc. when the story is so gripping you lose yourself in it.
It isn't your standard romance, erotica, paranormal, BDSM or very dark erotic paranormal book! It's something else, entirely, and the only way you can discover that is by reading the series.
It isn't for the faint hearted, some of the content (as described in the disclaimer) is shocking but is within the
Dawn
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to give myself a little time before writing this review. To be honest, I expected to give nothing short of another 5 star rating, and if I were to be considering the series as a whole, it would still be a solid 5 stars. However, as the third installment of the series it fell just a little short for me. Here's why...
Without spoilers, (I hope) the first 25% of the book does a wonderful job of expressing Anna's grief, its palpable. And then the final 30% is as superb as the first two bo
Aqilah
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Diana
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 - 4.5 Stars

This series is one of the darkest I have read, if not THE darkest. I can't figure out if I'm starting to become desensitized though. The story is starting to feel too long. I had to take a break for a few days because some of the stuff was repetitive, although not so much so that I didn't in some ways appreciate it. I criticize stories sometimes for having things happen so quickly that I can't feel the impact that the author was trying to create. In this case, I feel lik
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
Warning this series is not your mother’s sweet harlequin romance. This series is dark and gritty. It will test you and your ability to handle violence and cruelty at every turn. Some scenes might even make you want to throw up. Anna faces some extreme sexual situations as a sex slave in a subculture within a world we could never imagine. This story is Anna’s life it is all that she knows; some of her thinking may surprise you. What Anna thinks is normal could be shocking to us. Considering the h ...more
Elfina Renee
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo Slide1_2.gif
Just when I thought Anna's life couldn't get any worse, the author proved me wrong! As the suspense grows and the supernatural elements comes to life, we learn of the immortals. Kaveh, a horrifying nightmare to Anna reveals his true sadistic nature as Devin's lap dog. He may have unlimited powers and a force to be reckoned with, but he's tethered to Devin so tightly, he's his bitch! Whoof...Whoof! Oooh my god so much happened in this installment. Its hard putting into words the events that too
Christine
I really like Anna's attitude at the start of this book and thought hell yes she is going to kick Devins ass. By the end I found out how wrong I was and just wanted to cry for poor Anna. I could feel the heartbreak. I wanted to throw my kindle many times during this read and just hoping for a HEA for Anna.
I loved this book and I love this series. Bring on the end of February waiting with baited breath for next installment.
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wtf am I reading.. I've never read a book that's so f**ked up!!
listen to the authors note at the beginning of every book.. if u can't handle really dark stuff do not read this series..
Sanne Heremans
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, dark-erotica
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Sanne / Scandalous Book Blog***

Well unlike the previous two books in this series I believed this one was softer, easier in a way. With that I do not mean that it was fluffy because there where some really really bad events that happened.

So the first half or even a little more i'd say was rather calm but there where major things thrown at you nonetheless. People will leave, others return and there will even be some casualties that'll
Amy
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book #3 in the life of Anna series does not disappoint! When you didn't think that Marissa Honeycutt could take the genre of dark erotica any farther she does! Embraced is hotter, deeper, more impassioned and exceedingly depraved. This amazing author forces you to feel deeply for Anna as she grows emotionally and learns to love and bond with the positive forces that surround her and then rips, shreds and fragments your heart into tiny bits of blood, pain and tears. Book #3 takes you on an roller ...more
Katherine
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-series
UPDATE REVIEW AFTER DIGESTING FIRST 3 BOOKS IN THE SERIES: The Life of Anna

To the knowledgeable, The Life Of Anna books can hardly be categorized as "paranormal". I definitely wouldn't call myself a paranormal book fan. I want authors to throw me into a plot with characters that make me feel them, love them, cry with them, laugh with them, but MOST of all I want to feel like "this could really happen."

(This is written as a letter to Author Marissa Honeycutt)

By
Justine Wach
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third book leaving me speechless and breathless. I am not a big fan of the first and second book but I always get through a series or a trilogy. I won’t leave something at the middle. Not my style and my type.

I gave the first and second book 2 stars. It was okay. That’s it.

The third book, however,

5 BOMBASTIC STARS.

No 3 or 4 stars, it just five.

We got that Alex leave Anna to go to Germany to figure what he needs to do about Devin in the second book. Guess what, Alex is ba
Wendy Syposs Litz
I Keep Waiting Marissa! Waiting for Innocence to win over Evil!! I'm very much addicted to this Series by Marissa Honeycutt! Each book gets Better!! At the end of this book, I wanted to deliver serious harm onto Devin! I WANTED TO SHAKE ANNA and tell her she needed to find her own VOICE! ESCAPE FROM WHAT HER LIFE HAS BECOME!! This series,so far,has had me feeling the WHOLE Rainbow Of Emotions!! It does come with a VERY LARGE WARNING DUE TO EXPLICIT SCENES.IT IS AN EROTIC SERIES! YES,there is a S ...more
Darby
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and I love this series. If you have not read the previous books for the series then go read them first!

Wow we are mid-way through the series and I am starting to freak out. The ending leaves me with questions I don't know how to answer. How can that happen?

Congratulations to the author- -- I can't wait for the next book!
Louise Seraphim Reviews
I was extremely lucky to receive an arc of this book, and after finishing part 2 of Anna's story, I was badly in need of the next one in the series.

So, I always summarise in my reviews, and haven't in the last 2 reviews from this series, but I think it does help somewhat to know what to expect. So I'll give a spoiler free, and kind of hard to understand rambling summary of main events.

Entwined, Part 2 left with Alex feeling confident that he was getting somewhere with his research,
Rin W. Vitale
So, this is the third book of The Life of Anna series. I'm glad that it finally has story on the third book. Not that the formers doesn't have, they have but here, it's the "humiliating-Anna-all-the-time" is more less happening in this book.

At first, when I picked Enslaved , no offense, but it was because I kind of was not in the mood to read anything heavy to put my emotion into. So I picked randomly at that time. But when I'm reading it, I realized that "Oh my god this is too much humiliation!" yet I
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
I won an ARC

After finishing I really don't know what to say I am going to try and do this review spoiler free

The first half of this book is Kind of Calm to what we have read in the first 2 books but the stuff that happened made me annoyed I was shouting at my kindle I had to put it down and walk away for a break Just when we think Anna will be happy Bam Devin does his thing and hurts her She tries to cope with it the best she can Then Alex comes in and well……. I was so happy at this point of t
Jean
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I spent my night tossing and turning over this book.....I was literally writing my review in my thoughts while trying to fall asleep.  Now, my head is a jumbled mess and I don't know if I can remember all the things I wanted to say.

Ugh......I really think this 3rd book was the best so far.  And yes, although it gets darker and darker, as the author warns, there are so many characters and elements to this story, it is mesmerizing.

Anna is flourishing with dance and even
Ella  Reese
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
As the third installment of The Life of Anna series begins, Anna has fallen in love with yet another man, Ben, one of her neighbors. Devin, being the sadistic fucker that he is, goes and kills him right in front of Anna! Devin then proceeds to throw the engagement ring Ben was going to give Anna at her. I wasn’t too upset about this since I never really felt that attached to Ben. She seemed a lot closer to Aaron or even Alex and Kurt. If anything, I was happy she was so livid with Devin and not quit ...more
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
4.5 Stars!

-Part Three-

"Anna’s story is told in five, novel-length books. There is a subculture within our own world that you’ve only heard whispers of. The conspiracy theorists wish they knew Anna’s story. What the conspiracy theorists think they know is only disinformation, put out there to keep them from the real story."

No spoiler review.
This one was Emotionally Dark!

The third part to Anna's life was an emotional rollercoaster. Anna was starting to fight back, u
Katrina Marsolais
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was Lucky enough to be given and ARC for an honest review and here it comes!!

WOOT HOT AND SEXY

I will start off first by saying how much I love how Marissa Honeycutt writes. She keeps me captivated and interested and wanting to go on a reading binge and forget everyone and everything around me :D

Now about the book. Without giving anything away I was extremely surprised at what took place in the first quarter of the book, although I suspect that it is not comp
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
Best one so far but also most disturbing and heartbreaking. This series is so hard, but so good. I can't stop reading.
Elizabeth Eneix
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I am going to start off this review by saying that I have throughly enjoyed the entire Life of Anna series thus far. This review will contain SPOILERS, so if you have not read Embraced or the last two books in the series, Please do not read further!

The first thing I want to say is, "OMG, why did you have to take Alex away, Ms. Honeycutt?! Why?!"
Okay, not that that is over, we can move on.
Umm... I have never felt such a sadness for a book character as much as I do for Anna in this book. I tho
Ginny
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna's life has taken a turn darker, even though you would think it isn't possible - but Marissa Honeycutt's warning does not lie -- Anna's life gets darker and darker and darker and then, for a change of pace, it gets even darker.
There is not, honestly, much I can say in this review without spoiling things, but I will try:

Anna loses someone very dear to herself, after being (seemingly) forgotten about by Alex. Then she has a brief period of bliss, a reminder of the lost one and a n
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ruthie Taylor
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

Two advisories - firstly this is the third in a series and really has no meaning without reading the previous two. And they are amazing, so what are you waiting for? ... actually no, read next statement before dashing off ...
Secondly - there is a huge warning that comes with these books and you would do well to take note of them, because they are absolutely correct. The contents of these books are deeply dark, evilly black and shocking - if th
Shelby
*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads*

So many emotions, my words just won't do it justice.
I was all over the place, just when I began to feel "immune" to the story - POOF - I was knocked right back down.

A quick recap, after book#2 - Alex left the country, Anna is still figuring out how to live her own life, and Devin has a new title: Chairman (I'll give you a hint, this change hasn't helped his disposition).

Alex has come back for Anna, as he promised, unfortunately she's still very angry with him. She
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
I want to yell at Marissa and tell her she can't end a book like that! It is a OMG are you freaking kidding me you are leaving me with an ending like this kind of book! I really need the next book in this 5 book series NOW! Okay there is nothing I can do but anxiously await the 4th edition of this LOA series.

I cried about Alex and I can't say why because I don't do spoilers I love Wilhelm and Kurt but, they aren't Alex. Devin is truly an evil man. Did I say that I can't believe the book ended t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• 24690 (24690, #1)
  • White Out (24690 #2)
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
  • This is Me, Baby (War & Peace, #5)
  • This Isn't You, Baby (War & Peace, #4)
  • Tamara, Taken (Blue Eyed Monsters #1)
  • This Isn't Over, Baby (War & Peace, #3)
  • Retribution (Uncovering You #4)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Resistance (Uncovering You #3)
  • This Isn't Fair, Baby (War & Peace, #6)
  • Legacy of Succession (Dark Sovereignty #1)
  • The Contract (Uncovering You #1)
  • Resurrection (Uncovering You #7)
  • This is the End, Baby (War & Peace, #7)
  • Redemption (Uncovering You #8)
  • Submission (Uncovering You #2)
  • Confessions (Uncovering You #5)
Hi Everyone!

I'm an indie author that likes to write books that will make you feel! Dark is my primary genre with touches of romance, paranormal, political conspiracy, suspense, and thriller. I love meeting new readers, so feel free to touch base with me and introduce yourself!

Find and Follow Me on My Amazon Author Page
Find me on Facebook!
Follow me (and my secret hobby) on Instagram
I'm also on BookBub!
Sig/>
Find

The Life of Anna (5 books)
  • Enslaved (The Life of Anna, #1)
  • Entwined (The Life of Anna, #2)
  • Ensnared (The Life of Anna, #4)
  • Emerged (The Life of Anna #5)