Start by marking “Salem's Fury (Vengeance Trilogy: Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Salem's Fury (Vengeance Trilogy: Book 2)

Salem's Fury

(Vengeance Trilogy #2)

Sarah Kelly fears a father’s sins are revisited upon the children.
Her sister believes different. Adopted by the Miamiak and raised in the wilderness, Rebecca shares no such concerns. For her, memories of their early life and of Hecate’s attack remain dim.
But history condemns those who neglect the past.
When a war party brings news of a neighboring tribe attacked for harb
Published April 13th 2015 (first published April 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Salem's Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salem's Fury

Sara
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Put down your copy of The Crucible and forget everything you thought you knew
about the Salem Witch Trials. Aaron Galvin wants to take you down a path that
wanders far from the one trod by the noble John Proctor. If you like your history lessons with a side of bloodshed and just a dash of hallucinogens I say high thee hence to a seller of books post haste!

Second books are delicate things. At their worst they’re placeholders for the
grand finale or they’re merely bigger, louder, flashier version
Sheri
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Salem's Fury (Vengeance Trilogy: Book 2) by Aaron Galvin

Sarah Kelly her sister Rebecca are adopted by the Miamiak and raised in the wilderness. Rebecca does not remember too much of her past and of Hecate's (the evil Witch) attack.

A war with another tribe starts because of harboring white people, they demand the Miamiak help them. Rumors they were held by a fearless Witch on the rampage now Rebecca must decide whether to help those she loves or seek vengeance upon a the evils of Salem.

I loved t
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
was gifted a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. i made no guarantee of a favorable review.

In Salem's Fury we are transported 15 years after the event's of Salem's Vengeance. Here we find Sarah married to Priest and Rebecca as a young adult. They have been living with the Miamiak tribe. Things may finally seem like they have fallen into place, at least for Rebecca and Priest. As for Sarah, she seems to be miserable and it's not only due to the fact that now she is
Lindsay
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: dissapointed
So many changes: set 15 years in the future, Rebecca as the narrator, Sarah as a completely different and weak person, and so many deaths.
Penny Potts
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful storytelling

The 2nd book is just as good, if not better, than the first! Story is fast paced, clearly defined, full of well fleshed out characters and a wonderful story. I can hardly wait to start the 3rd....
Sally Maxwell
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book two was a s good if not better than the 1st, let’s hope the third will follow suit.
I have really enjoyed reading these books,and will be reading the other series by this author once I finish the last book.
Toni L.
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This second book was like the first, slow, but then
it took off. It is a good series so far. On to the
final book.
Melissa
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book even more than the first. The Native American aspect and the continued history made for a great read!
annemarie_bookaholic
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first one but still a decent story....
Rachel Simson
[ Beware Of Spoilers in this review ]
Where the last book in this series only received four stars from me, this one gets five! The only fault I could find in the book is how weak Sarah was made out to be. It was so strange after having such a strong, brave and courageous protagonist in Salem's Vengeance to see her as a weak and quivering wreck. But that is the only problem I had with this book.

I absolutely loved the change of protagonist to Sarah's younger sister Rebbecca. It kept the story fresh
S. Nash
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
The tale that started with Salem’s Vengeance is continued in book two, Salem’s Fury. The first book was terrifying imagination of the fallout from the Salem witch trials. If you haven’t read the first book, you need to. There’s very little back story given in book 2, and without it, you’ll miss out on events critical to the plot.

Salem’s Fury picks up fifteen years later. The remaining members of the Kelly family live on the fringe of civilization. George and his wife run a fur-trading outpost an
books are love
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Aaron galvin has done it again. First and foremost this is not a standalone. The history of the characters is not known and is alluded to so Salem’s vengeance is needed to understand this book. The prose is excellent and this takes a new path in the story. The first book was about the vengeance of the witches against Sarah and her family. Here her family or what is left has gone two ways. Her brother and wife run a fur trade where bishop and andrew is. An
Leah
One of the things that I hate about being a fast reader is that when you get a hold of a story that completely has your attention with no hope of ever lifting your face from its pages, you finish it way too fast and far earlier than you wish to. So after my review of the first of this trilogy, Salem's Vengeance, the author sent me the second book to read in exchange for a review. Unlike the first review, I gave myself over thirty minutes after reading this book so I could gather my thoughts and ...more
Magda
Check out this and other reviews at https://maginibooks.wordpress.com/201...

Here comes the review of the second part of Vengeance trilogy. If you haven’t read the first book… What were you thinking? Haven’t I wrote it was worth it? Come on now!

But let’s ne serious (for a little while). This time story moves few years forward. Instead of Sarah, we’ll be following her little sister – Rebecca. You though Salem’s witches given up on the chase after the Kelly family? Well, you’re wrong.

I received thi
Nelia Madeira
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Sarah Kelly is back in this book and she has been living in the wilderness with the Miamiak. But she still fears her father's sins and that those sins will eventually be revisited upon his children, meaning her and her little sister, Rebecca and brother. However, Rebecca thinks differently; she has been adopted by the Miamiak and raised in the wilderness so she shares no concerns to her previous father's sins. Previous father, because to Rebecca her father is Sarah's husband, Priest. He has been ...more
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Having read the previous book in this series, I was somewhat thrown when I started this one, since I didn't recognise the narrator in this book... which turned out to be the fact that it was a different narrator, which made more sense.

It was interesting to view Rebecca's memories (or lack thereof) of the events of the previous book and how her views of the other characters had changed. I like the mo
Mati
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There was a lot I enjoyed with the first book in the Vengeance Trilogy, but that feels overcast by how much I loved this wonderful follow up. Aaron Galvin takes us back into the world of the Salem Witch Trials, but this time, we see through the eyes of the Miamiak.

Rebecca is a formidable spirit, with a wild nature that is easy to embrace and adore. While Sarah could sometimes be passive, Rebecca is anything but. I love when books have a strong female lead, but especially one that feels believab
Sabrina
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
** I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review**

This book's POV is Rebecca Kelly, whereas in Salem's Vengeance it's POV is Sarah Kelly; Rebecca's eldest sibling and only sister. So overall I got a different feel for the book than I did in the first. The story also took place 15 years after the events in Salem's Vengeance. I still loved all the characters, but I also felt that this story had a lot more action and sorrow in it then the first.

Now for the storyline. I beli
Kelly
Sarah & Rebecca Kelly survived Hecate and her coven of witches. Adopted by the Miamiak and raised in the wilderness, Rebecca has become a fierce warrior ready for battle. For her, memories of her old life and of Hecate’s attack are dim. But their past comes back to haunt them. When a war party arrives with news of a neighbouring tribe attacked for harbouring white folk, they demand the Miamiak to aid them in avenging their fallen brothers. With rumours the culprits are followers of a wicked ...more
Tânia
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5*

Fifteen years have passed since the night that changed the life of the Kelly children. For fifteen years they lived in peace, away from Salem - at least physically, as that night scared them for life. But their freedom was once again disturbed by Salem's Vengeance...

Aaron Galvin did it again! He created once again a dark world full of mysteries and twists with attention to the detail. The historical research is clearly present as it was in Salem's Vengeance, but this time it is given an insi
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks

I enjoyed this sequel only slightly less than the original book. I was a little sad when I realsied this wasn't a sequel with Sarah as our main character becasue I really enjoyed her as a protagonist. Hvaing said that, I was quickly conveninced of Rebecca as a narrator, I also really enjoyed reading from her prospective.

I really enjoyed that Galvin didn't show Sarah living a happy little existence amongst the Miamik, he showed how difficult things had been (and were) for her and while
Samantha
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is more of a 3.5 ish review. I had such a hard time trying to come up with a star rating for this book. I really loved the writing, as I had with the first book in the trilogy, but I wasn't a huge fan of some of the changes in this book. I didn't really know where Aaron would go with the story line in this book, but this was definitely not what I was expecting.
This book is told 15 years after Vengeance's story line and also told from Rebecca's pov. I thought that this gap of time was j
Scarlet
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sarah and her siblings are now grown up and trying to put their horrible pasts behind them. They have been accepted into a local tribe as family and are all doing well until the past catches up with them. Can they survive tge witches fury this time or will they lose everything and everyone they love.
Even though it has a few references to the past you do not have to read book one to read this one. I really enjoyed the book and found it very hard to put it down.
Victoria Allred
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excellent follow-up to Salem's Vengeance. Salem's Fury didn't disappoint. Galvin does a wonderful job portraying the character's feelings and emotion. Also, the dialogue and setting stay true to the time period. Salem's Fury can be interpreted as a girl fighting to find her true identity, buried both in the pain of her past and future. Once again Galvin has presented us with a brilliant story that sucks you in.
Kristine Hall
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The witches are back, and they aren't the only ones seeking vengeance. In this second book of the Vengeance Trilogy, readers be warned: don't get attached to anyone, evil or good, because the body count is high! Full review on my blog http://kristinehallways.blogspot.com/...

Gene Gosewehr
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
The character building in this is terrific and catapults the quality of this series, as well as enhancing some okay moments in the first book to give hem greater worth as part of a larger story. I am jumping right into the third book and can't wait to see how this trilogy wraps up.
Heather McDonald
Aug 22, 2015
Rebecca
Aug 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Aaron Galvin learned that he could get away with making up stories at age five and has continued telling them ever since. He is a conflicted Slytherin/Gryffindor, a known rascal, and sometime ne’er-do-well.

Also, he writes. Daily, sometimes, but mostly nightly.

He currently lives in Southern California with his two lovely daughters and an adoring wife, who continues to put up with his antics even th

Vengeance Trilogy (3 books)
  • Salem's Vengeance (Vengeance Trilogy, #1)
  • Salem's Legacy (Vengeance Trilogy Book 3)